Review of GiftTree

1800 W Fourth Plain Blvd Ste 120B
Vancouver, WA 98660-1367, US

aprilv25
12/27/18

Ordered xmas basket and some of the fruit was rotten. Called and gave my phone # to automated system to hold my place in line and get a call back but never got the call. Emailed and got a response asking for pictures. I sent them and never heard back

Response from Sara M., GiftTree Representative
Hi April,
It pains me to see how we've failed you as a customer and I'm truly sorry for letting you down. Please reach me at reviews@gifttree.com with your order ID or phone number on file. I'd like to make this right with you and investigate how this happened! We can do better and will continue working each day towards 100% customer satisfaction.

teem23
12/19/18

There is zero evidence online to show that you get exactly what is shown on their website. Too many complaints from others about quality of the baskets vs the money you pay. Beware of this company.

Response from Sara M., GiftTree Representative
We value all feedback and appreciate you taking the time to write. Our customer's satisfaction is backed by our 100% guarantee and we do put a lot of thought and care into each gift. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our friendly team at 800.379.4065 or help@gifttree.com if there is ever anything we might assist with!
christinaf77
12/13/18

I know when I order a basket on line it's not going to be as cost effective as when I put one together myself. I have reasonable expectations. I ordered 2 gifts from GiftTree. One was a Nuts an Chocolate Wishes Tower that was expensive for what it is, but as expected. I'm just glad I didn't have the As Good As Gold basket delivered directly to the recipient. I would have been embarrassed. The online picture looks much bigger than it is. I could carry the quantity of snacks in the 49.95 +11.95 basket in my pocketbook and the basket isn't the kind of quality that makes up for the disappointment. Customer service was very nice. I felt bad complaining. They offered to give me credit for the cost of shipping, but I won't be ordering from them again.

dawnm247
6/16/18

I'M HURT, DISAPPOINTED AND MAD!!!! SHAME ON GIFTTREE. I ordered a Orchard Fruit Basket for my Dad for Fathers Day and they sent my Dad this horrible piece of CRAP!!! I paid almost $80.00 for that fruit basket and they have the nerve to bring my Dad 3 apples, some misc items from the DollarTree and some sunflower seeds!!! REALLY??? ARE THEY SERIOUS!! What is Nutty Buddy, candy, crackers, sunflower seeds doing in what's suppose to be an all fruit gourmet "Fruit Basket"? Then cover up sloppyness with a tired looking red Christmas bow. My 5 year old could do better then this! You really thought it was cool to send my father a leftover Easterbasket from the Dollar store.Then add insult to injury I am still fighting to get my Refund. I'm FURIOUS!! They RUINED MY FATHER'S DAY SURPRISE. I called them several times was told they would issue me a refund and would have the basket picked up my Dad waits all day its Fathers Day Weekend noone shows up. I should not have to beg them to come get their deplorable representation of what should have been a Orchard Fruit basket. This is bad business, bait and switch..they are scam artist DO NOT BUY FROM THEM and I JUST WANT MY MONEY REFUNDED..ASAP!!!

Response from Sara M., GiftTree Representative
Dear Dawn,
Thank you so much again for allowing us to rectify this unacceptable gift that your father received. We are so sorry again that the quality was not there and have discussed this fully with our vendor that we partner with to ensure no one encounters such heartbreak while trying to do something special for their loved one.

This experience is not at all reflective of a typical gift delivery and we would love the opportunity to deliver that WOW to both you and your recipients in the future. You will see the refund discussed in your account within 3-5 banking days, and that gift card sent via email will never expire so can be used at any time!

Please don't hesitate to reach me at reviews@gifttree.com, or at my ext left on the voicemail if there is anything I can do!

monicas164
6/9/18

Good Evening,

I am not sure if you all received a picture of the product that was forwarded to my recipient. I am highly disappointed in the service, due to the product arriving a day late and the overall appearance. I ordered the Delightful Combinations-good but it seemed to be quite slighted. It looked nothing like the beautiful presentation and fullness of the basket on the website. The quality was well below the price.

IMG_0026.JPG

Response from Sara M., GiftTree Representative
Hi Monica,
This definitely sounds like a poor situation and not how we would want your gifting experience to go! I was unable to view the image attached but would love to assist in making this right. Please reach me at reviews@gifttree.com and include either the order ID or your recipient's name. I look forward to hearing from you.

lisab661
6/4/18

I have worked with gift tree for many years and their customer service is amazing! If they ever had a problem with my order they would contact me right away. Their baskets for shipping arrive very professional with it's own pair of scissors which I thought was an awesome touch and really make the gifts special. I would highly recommend them. We also use the Gift Basket Connection https://gift-basket-connection.com which ultimately the gift tree network. I prefer using the Gift Basket Connection to place my online orders because of the immediate chat service they now are offering as well as their customer service.

Response from Sara M., GiftTree Representative
Hi Lisa,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share this feedback on the gifts!! We are thrilled to see how well the personal touches like the scissors and card are received and look forward to many more happy occasions with you!

nancys380
5/14/18

I recently ordered a gift for my mother and there was a shipping problem. When I notified them, they immediately responded and comped me the cost, even with the delivery only being delayed, not lost. I was impressed.

Response from Sara M., GiftTree Representative
Hi Nancy,
Thank you so much for sharing this experience with our Customer Service team! We are saddened that you experienced a delay at all, and appreciate you reaching out and allowing us to help. Please don't ever hesitate to reach us if we can be of assistance!

lindag268
3/31/18

Total disappointment! Basket DID NOT arrive for EASTER. No excuse, they had more than plenty of time. Delivery status said it would be delivered the day after. NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Response from Sara M., GiftTree Representative
Hi Linda,
I'm so sorry to see your delivery is arriving later than anticipated. I can definitely see how upsetting this would be and would love to look into this!

Please reach me at reviews@gifttree.com and include an order ID or your recipients name and I will be happy to help!

jtn1
3/25/18

ABSOLUTELY Awful!
The Worst service one can imagine!
Delivery wasn't in time, although Gift Tree had 5 days!
Surprise for a special occasion ruined!
Customer service only apologized , but didn't try to help, didn't offer a solution or a discount.
My solution, to change the delivery address, was commented with:
"Takes 72 hours to change the address and costs additional 15,-" !!!
The order doesn't show up in the history, so I'm no able to track it.

Problems already at the beginning:
2 presents to the same person (same day) - double delivery costs!
Excuse of Gift Tree: the boxes are pre-packed.
They are not! as their youtube video shows. A lie!
As well as the high standards, they are mentioning in every answer here.

No stars would be appropriate for this company!

Response from Sara M., GiftTree Representative
Dear J. Nicolai,

Thank you for reaching out regarding this recent experience with my team. This saddens me greatly, and I’m very sorry to know that you were not given a sense of resolve during this conversation, and I will handle this feedback internally.

I very much appreciate you reaching me via email and look forward to your reply from here!

vickib75
3/13/18

This company advertises classy gifts & sends .99 snacks along with a few pieces of fruit. The embarrassment of this is just unbelievable. How are they still in business?

Response from Sara M., GiftTree Representative
Hi Vicki,

I'm so sorry that this was received!! What you described is absolutely embarrassing and I would love to see this through to a much better outcome. Please reach me at reviews@gifttree.com and include an order ID or recipients name.

I look forward to speaking with you!

Sara M
jims336
3/10/18

My wife and I sent what we thought was a large fruit basket but a vendor used by this company sent a much smaller basket nothing like we ordered! I wrote a letter to Gift Trees Customer Service Manager Sara Marlo who quickly responded in a very apologetic and sincere manner. She offered several options including a full refund if we wanted it but I told her we just wanted the basket we ordered sent out! She assured me she would do that right away and she did and the recipient just sent me a picture of what they received and it was absolutely wonderful. We are very satisfied at this point and wouldnt hesitate to use them again.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Response from Sara M., GiftTree Representative
Hello Jim,

I'm so sorry for this experience, it definitely sounds awful and not at all how we would want a beautiful delivery to go. Your only response when sending these gifts should be excitement and I'd love to see that happen. Please contact me at reviews@gifttree.com and include an order ID or your recipient's name. I will be glad to help with this.

illanap
1/22/18

I ordered Balloons for my granddaughter for her birthday and they did not arrive.
I called this incompetent Company and was informed that the accounting department
cancelled the order without informing me. There was nothing wrong with the payment.
I cannot believe that I was so badly let down

Response from Sara M., GiftTree Representative
Hello Illana,

Thank you for your review - I can certainly appreciate how disappointing that must have been for you to hear that we could not accept the order. I have taken a look for you and I do not see anything wrong with the order. If you wish to place another order with us, we would be happy to assist. Please let me know at reviews@gifttree.com if there is anything else I can do for you.

Best,
karenh295
1/18/18

I ordered my sister the Wine gift basket for her birthday. I ordered the basket four days prior to her Birthday. I received two confirmation emails. Then... on the day of her Birthday at 2 pm I received an email that said they were not able to fulfill the order because they could not find a florist with a liquor license. I was in meetings all afternoon and did not even realize that the order was not going to be fulfilled until 4:30 pm. By that time I was out of options. I was very embarrassed - and felt horrible about not being able to send my sister a gift on the day of her Birthday.
I asked them why they sent me two confirmation emails before finding a florist with a liquor license as I assume this would be key. The representative lackadaisically told me she did not know, and she was sorry. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and she was as lackadaisical as the representative, and obviously did not care. After reading all the reviews, I would imagine she does not care anymore, as Gift Tree does not seem to care about fulfilling the orders, fulfilling customers expectations, or providing any kind of customer service to right a wrong. I have learned a very valuable lesson - order locally, do not trust these large companies to do what they are paid to do - they do not care!!!! Wish I would have read these reviews before ordering from Gift Tree!

Response from Sara M., GiftTree Representative
Hi Karen,

I'm so sorry again for this experience. I very much appreciate you sharing this feedback and allowing me time to speak with you to set up a nice delivery for your sister. Please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is anything at all I can do from here!

Thank you again!

annikab3
1/16/18

THEY DON'T DESERVE ANY STARS. DON'T ORDER ANYTHING FROM GIFT TREE. I ORDERED COOKIE CRAVINGS DUO AND THE COOKIES WERE NASTY. THE COOKIES COME IN PACKAGES. THE PACKAGES HAD MULTIPLE EXPIRATION DATES. THE COOKIES TASTED STALE AND WEREN'T FRESH AS DESCRIBED. THEY JUST TAKE YOUR MONEY. YOU CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY DON'T CARE. SO SAD HOW COMPANIES TAKE PEOPLE'S MONEY AND DONT PROVIDE TOP NOTCH SERVICE. GIFT TREE NEEDS TO GO OUT OF BUSINESS. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM GIFT TREE. RIP OFFS

Response from Sara M., GiftTree Representative
I'm so sorry that the cookies did not live up to their expectations!! This is never how we'd want them to be received and we would gladly replace these for you or find an alternative gift if you'd like. We pride ourselves on our quality gifts and I have shared your feedback with our vendors to quadruple check the inventory!

I have left a voicemail to discuss these concerns and look forward to a much better outcome from here.

Please reach me back at reviews@gifttree.com and I will gladly help with this!

alannan1
1/3/18

I placed an order of flowers for friend's birthday. Their delivery confirmation said it had been delivered. Not true. It was delivered 4 days later. They said no one was at the home. I said, why didn't you call me? Or leave it at the door? This company sucks. Bad customer service with no common sense, which makes me think it's all BS. Do not order anything from them. Go with another company!

Response from Sara M., GiftTree Representative
Hi Lana,
I'm truly sorry for the lack of assistance with this order! It definitely does not sound like this interaction was in line with our customer service values and I would love to look into how this happened and also extend my help from here. Please do not hesitate to reach me at reviews@gifttree.com with an order ID or phone number that we have on file for you.

juliof8
12/27/17

This company is the worst ive seen, Amanda one of the managers could not admit they messed up my order, so they had to come up with an instant years prior where they messed up yet again and threatened them with disputing the charges if they didn't deliver the merchandise and turned it on me after they cancelled my order because it was "protocol" if you change credit cards on the order. I'm so glad they are not the only company in the USA, but I can honestly say, IT IS THE WORST>

gregs165
12/25/17

So, I ordered on 12/11 for a basket to be delivered well before Christmas. As of 12/13, it showed processed and ready for shipping. I checked in a week later and it was still in that position. Emailed the company, no response. 24 hours later did an online cat in which the person was supposed to get back to me with the warehouse response. 24 more hours later, I got a hold of someone on the phone who told me it looks like it never shipped. Too late for Christmas now. I asked for a refund and to cancel the order but still do not have the refund on our card.

junew28
12/24/17

On December 20 at 7:15 AM I placed an order that was supposed to arrive on December 22. This was for an important client. Due to the gift basket containing wine, an adult needed to sign for the delivery. That meant someone had to be home all day and I contact the person who was to receive the gift letting her know a signature was required. She stayed home all day on the 22nd AND the 23rd and there was no delivery.When I called GiftTree customer service on the morning on the 24th the recording said that customer service was closed but the order department was open. I left them a message stating the problem. Then I went to church and when I came home there was both a phone message telling me to call them and an email warning me that if I didnt call them immediately there could be a delivery delay! Delivery delay? That was what I was calling them about. At this point I had a FedEx tracking number. When I checked Fedex it was clear that GiftTree had not shipped the package till 8PM on the 21st. That is about 36 hours after placing the order. I called back customer service but they were of no help. The woman kept repeating that they had shipped it the day the order was placed but I believe FedEx, it was NOT SHIPPED THAT DAY. She also kept repeating that the 22nd was just an approximate date and it might arrive on Tuesday, the day after Christmas, but that would not be guaranteed either, oh and she said someone would of course have to sign for the package. When I said it was ridiculous to think that people would not go to work and instead wait for whatever day and hour it might be delivered, she just repeated the same script. I am so sorry I had not properly researched and found out how bad the customer service is at this place. I told them to cancel and refund the charge. The customer service person said the person receiving the gift would have to ship it back to get a refund. I told them she would not be around to accept it let alone return it. Then the call ended. I intend to dispute this charge. I am not willing to ask an important client to wait around for a delivery and then send it back to the incompetent company that caused the problem.

ryanw107
12/21/17

Fake reviews and cheap/overpriced product.

I initially left my review on their website. I wasn't even that critical, but I wanted to share some concerns. It turns out, they won't publish any review that is even remotely negative. This is a very misleading practice and borderline fraud. Do not support this company.

Aside from this shady business practice, the actual gift basket I received was terrible. It cost about $80 and was filled with large boxes that had a few ounces of actual product inside. I even had a candy that was in a box...inside the box was the candy in a wrapper. Inside that wrapper was the actual candy within another wrapper. The idea is for their pictures of the baskets to look like you are getting so much stuff but your recipient is left with a bunch of boxes and barely any chocolate/candy/etc. So the buyer feels like their purchase of $80 (in my case) is justified. Since they aren't getting the basket, little do they know that they just got ripped off.

Do not buy from this company.

Response from Sara M., GiftTree Representative
Hello Ryan,

I am so sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with our products. We do our best to properly advertise what our gifts not only look like, but what comes in them as well. Underneath each picture there is a description tab that details out what comes in each gift, explaining about each item, as well as it's quantity and size. I sincerely apologize if that was missed when placing your order. We always want to make sure all of our customers are completely satisfied with our purchases, and I would love to help you out as well. Please feel free to send me your order ID # to reviews@gifttree.com and I'd be happy to take a look to see what I can do for you.

raghebh
12/21/17

If I can choose zero stars, I would. This company is horrible. Wrong delivery date, item completely less quality than what you pay for. Horrible costumer service. Stay away from this website, all their positive reviews are fake reviews.

Response from Sara M., GiftTree Representative
Hello Ragheb, I'm so sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience with us. I'd be happy to help try and rectify that for you. If you could provide me with your order ID # I would be happy to take a look at your order personally and help you out.

Best,
theresaq1
11/19/17

They do not bundle ship. Each item is separate cost. Customer service admits they have received many complaints but nothing changes. Not only is this costly for consumers but leaves a large carbon footprint. I suppose the company doesnt care that they lose a huge percentage of business.

Response from Sara M., GiftTree Representative
Hi Theresa,

I have shared these concerns with our management team and would love to extend a gift card to you for taking the time to write a review! We do care deeply about our customers and appreciate feedback such as this as we continue to improve our services. Please reach me at reviews@gifttree.com with a valid email address that I might send that to!

At this time, we do ship our gifts individually in order to prevent any damage occurring during transit. By shipping in this manner, we can ensure only the best quality even with the occasional shifting that can occur while on a delivery vehicle. Although this does mean multiple shipping charges, we prefer to see it as great gifts arriving quickly and without damage.

Again, we very much appreciate any feedback from our valued customers and hope you continue to choose GiftTree for any gifting needs!

toml161
11/7/17

I am FURIOUS with these idiots! I ordered a simple wine and fruit basket to be delivered to our daughters' hotel as they both began a special trip. After waiting all day for it to get there, I get an email saying, "sorry, can't deliver today; we're shooting for tomorrow." And I placed the order FOUR DAYS before their arrival. I called customer service and reamed them big-time and canceled the order. I'll NEVER use these bozos again!!!

Response from Sara M., GiftTree Representative
Hi Tom,
I cannot apologize enough for letting you down. This is definitely not how we would have liked your delivery to go and I'd be happy to send your loved ones a beautiful gift, on us, as we would love to make this right with both of you!

Please reach me back at reviews@gifttree.com, I will also be reaching you by phone in the morning.

joshuab113
10/15/17

Good grief - where do I start with this company?

THE WORST! TRUST THE BAD REVIEWS!!!

I needed to send a same day bottle of champagne to a returning soldier who just came back from Afghanistan. I was PROMISED that the order was good to go and everything was set. I even paid $200 for this service, which is very steep and I only would do such a think, because our returning warriors are WORTH IT! GO USA!

Well Gift Tree doesn't share this same sentiment, several hours later they called me and told me my order would not be fulfilled and offered no reasonable explanation as to why. I can only safely assume that Gift Tree doesn't respect our soldiers and cancelled it in the most unpatriotic of ways - causing me in a late panic to figure out a new solution since I'm in a different time zone.

On top of that, they held my hundreds of dollars captive, not replying to emails and not offering a refund or explanation of why they still had my money even though they cancelled the order.

This is literally the worst company EVER. AVOID!!!!

Response from Sara M., GiftTree Representative
Dear Joshua,

I was greatly saddened to find that your order hadn't gone how either of us would have preferred. I know that Ashley had already reached out, but I'd like to apologize profusely again for being unable to deliver this wine basket locally in El Paso. We here at GiftTree.com hold only the utmost respect for the men and women who protect and serve this country and it is never our intention to accept a delivery that we cannot fulfill. I can confirm that your account was credited in full at the time you contacted us by phone to discuss alternate options. Once a refund is processed on our end, it can take 3-5 banking days depending on your financial institution.

In reviewing our records, I found that we left you a voicemail just over an hour after receiving your order, which outlined the possibility of selecting a gift that does not contain wine, and could be delivered same day by our local florists that we partner with, or possibly choosing one of our wine gifts that we make and ship from our office. After reviewing these options, you contacted us back to confirm you would prefer the order be canceled and returned to your account.

I do see that we've received additional email inquiries into the process of your refund. On 10/9 Arielle promptly responded within 2 hours of receiving your email to confirm that the refund was processed and can take up to 3-5 banking days to reflect in your account. And again on 10/10 when Barbara advised of the same time frame for the credit to be received on your end.

We are truly sorry to have failed you both and greatly appreciate you giving us a second opportunity to show you a better experience. I see your new delivery was made yesterday at approximately 3:47pm and left you a voicemail to see that everything with much better this time around.

Please do not hesitate to reach me at 800.379.4065 or by email reviews@gifttree.com if there is anything that I can help with!

winsomep
10/13/17

I ordered The Orchard Fruit Basket for someone's birthday in Florida.. I was so disappointed what was sent. It showed a basket with fruits what they (the local supplier) sent were the fruits on what looks like a paper plate shabbily wrapped in plastic. Giftree has offered a refund of the basket only or $30 credit. I strongly believe I should be refunded more. I will not use their service nor recommend them as they have chosen shappy suppliers

Response from Sara M., GiftTree Representative
Hi Winsome,
I'm really sorry that we let you down. I have reviewed your pictures and can definitely see why you'd be disappointed in receiving a wicker tray vs. the beautiful wicker basket shown. When sending gifts to loved ones, the presentation is everything and you are absolutely correct to expect only the best.

I would be happy to take care of this for you and can definitely move forward with a 50% refund of the order total, OR alternatively, I'd be happy to send a beautiful gift tower with my sincere apologies for the lack of presentation on the recent gift basket received.

I realize that your concerns were never about the money, but making a great impression, and I'd love to see this through to a much happier ending for both of you! Please let me know if you have a preference!

You can reach me back at reviews@gifttree.com or by phone at 800.379.4065.

angelk29
10/12/17
• Updated review

After writing this review, I never saw the response from the company until recently! I almost didn't bother emailing them back because I was done trying, but I decided to anyways. I simply emailed the person who responded and didn't expect anything in return. I was very delighted to wake up this morning to a credit in my account from gifttree.com. I don't know if they have new people on customer service or something, but THAT is better then any of the other customer service I've received. I respect when a company notices they've made a mistake and they go above and beyond to fix it! Especially after like six months after the fact!

Response from Sara M., GiftTree Representative
Hi Angel,
Thank you so much! I was not at all expecting an update, and it was a pleasant surprise that made my day! I am thankful to have been able to help and please know you can always contact me in the future at reviews@gifttree.com if there is anything I can do.

“Satisfaction NOT guaranteed”
10/12/17
• Previous review

My husband ordered me Mother's Day flowers and ordered the additional bear to come with them. He wrote in the letter attached to the flowers that I would be receiving a bear. Well the bear never came. I contacted the company and said that I wanted a refund. We weren't satisfied with their service, and they have a "satisfaction guarantee" so I brought that up when contacting them. They said they would give me a refund on the bear first. And I said I wasn't satisfied and wanted a refund. They said they could refund the bear. And I said I wanted AT LEAST a partial refund for the flowers since they were incomplete without the bear they referenced. The lady I was chatting with online ended the conversation...
So I never got a refund for the bear I never received, and when I called again to ask for the refund of the bear and of the flowers, she told me it was too late. Uh, terrible customer service. I contacted them the day after Mother's Day and the lady ended the conversation on me. Not my fault.

Response from Sara M., GiftTree Representative
Dear Angel,
First and foremost, I am truly sorry that we let you down with your Mother's Day delivery. This is not at all acceptable to me and I'd love to look into this and address with the individuals you worked with, as well as see a happy solution from here.

Please reach me at reviews@gifttree.com and reference an order ID or your delivery address where the flowers came. I look forward to resolving this as you both deserve.

Sara Marlo

because they have your money

By Jeff F.

Questions? Get answers from the GiftTree staff and other customers.

6 Photos for GiftTree