GeoSense

GeoSense has a consumer rating of 4.5 stars from 4 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. GeoSense also ranks 9th among Maps sites.

How would you rate GeoSense?

“I go through phases in which I try to immerse...”

T N.
3/9/11

I go through phases in which I try to immerse myself in whatever theme, food or activity is of interest. I once ate sushi everyday for a summer. I watched as many heist flicks as I could in one week. During one phase I was into geography - my boyfriend at the time and I were obsessed with the Odyssey globe game and with this game - Geosense. A simple game with a web 2.0 feel to it, Geosense tests your knowledge of where cities around the world are generally located. The game gives you a location and you click on where you think it approximately might be (within 10 seconds). Then it tells you how far from the target you ended up being. You can play solo or with a stranger. Everything about this game is easy...except for the game itself sometimes - especially when you're given a city in Russia (that isn't Moscow or St. Petersburg) because there's a lot of surface area to choose from...

tn1
1,630 helpful votes
March 9th, 2011
meredithw2
March 9th, 2011
I don't know how I came across this site, but after stumbling upon it I'm completely addicted and haven't stopped playing it. It's very easy to play, just jump right in.

It's a lot of fun, but I'm really embarrassed at how bad I am. I'd probably have a panic attack if I tried to play against someone else, so I'm just doing the single player right now.

My only (minor) complaint is that you can't really register at the site with an email address, so if you want to change your password or something like that there's no way to do it.
chriso1
3,169 helpful votes
October 7th, 2009
After ten attempts I was, on average, more than 4000 kilometres off target. On the one hand this suggests that I should be deeply embarrassed at having no clue whatsoever about what lies beyond my own doorstep. On the other hand, it demonstrates that I am, my American home notwithstanding, a True Englishman; we've never cared for foreigners that much and aside from commiserating with them over their unfortunate foreignness, never taken much interest in where they are unless they have something we need. A pleasurable few minutes spent, though I doubt I will accept the challenge of a head-to-head with another visitor. Unless they're English, of course.
jeremyg
January 26th, 2009
Great online game for geography nerds. It's pretty simple - the computer gives you a name of a city and country (say, Xi'an, China) and you click on a world map where you think the city is, and the computer tells you how far off you are and then gives you points based on how close your guess was.

To play the game go to www.geosense.net and click on the "visit" link on the bottom of the page. If you want to play against a friend (more fun if you play for money), just have them sign on at the same time and "link" them.

Questions? Get answers from the GeoSense staff and other customers.

Hello, Hol??, Bonjour et Bienvenue sur notre blog Geosense.net ! Je suis Elodie, maman de deux enfants et journaliste de profession. Pour mon boulot, je suis r̩guli̬rement amen̩e ?? voyager aux 4 coins du monde, mais en vrai maman poule pas q...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GeoSense?

Have a question about GeoSense?