Funbikes

Funbikes has a consumer rating of 1.57 stars from 23 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Funbikes also ranks 61st among Bicycle sites. The most common issues with Funbikes are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• Outraged by this reported them to Trading Standards.
  • Their products are cheap and poor quality and their customer service is atrocious.
How would you rate Funbikes?

“Against the odds they came up trumps”

Rob W.
8/10/18

I have to speak as i find and after purchasing a quad for my grandson it was used for a very short period of time and then it stopped. I went on and read some of the reviews and thought i was going to have dramas to the enth degree. I spoke to their tech department and contrary to what some of the reviews stated the guy i spoke to was very helpful. Now i have a bit of an advantage in as much as i have an auto electrician to hand and after following the advice from their tech guy we set about in an attempt to isolate the issue. We found that it was the main electronic control box and i relayed that information to their guy and they immediately agreed to send the new part out. Okay not everyone has an electrician to hand but i must say i really can't complain about how they dealt with this and to put the icing on the cake i received the new part the very next day, it's now on and the quad is running as it should so all in all i have had a very positive experience with Funbikes and based on that i wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

“Cowboy company steals moneys”

Jack S.
6/1/20

This company is a full on joke I ordered a £600 quad for my son for his bday over a month ago and I email them and the useless customer service ie dumb ass tammy and to find out they have blocked mine and my partners numbers please do not buy from this joke of a company there stuff is faulty aswell and harms children

trading standards (3) customer service (7) quad bike (5) company (8)
jacks978
June 1st, 2020
joannen51
May 1st, 2020
The most awful company we've ever dealt with. Bought a £500+ electric motor cross bike for our young son for Christmas. On Boxing Day things started to go wrong with it!

Since then he's only rode it on the garden at weekends for a total of 6 hrs and it has been out of action due to things breaking more than it has been ridden.
It has been returned twice for repair and although it's clearly not fit for purpose fun bikes have refused to refund or credit note the bike even though it is well within warranty. Funbikes have even acknowledged that the repair work performed by their technicians has lead to further faults but they refuse to take any responsibility. Finally we had to nag with more emails and phone calls to get them to return the bike to us, to find parts are still not repaired on its arrival.

So we are left with a faulty, dangerous bike that is not fit for purpose and our very upset son still has no Christmas present.
We will be looking for a more reliable, honest company to replace our sons Christmas present to a safer, better quality motorbike. Leaving us very out of pocket.
Funbikes will not be receiving any further custom from us when we purchase other vehicles in the future and considering we have 3 young boys all into motorbikes and quad bikes, that's many years of custom lost.
We have contacted trading standards and we will be taking the matter further.

As a company they are rude, have ignored our emails, not returned phone calls, have absolutely no morals and have not given us any satisfaction or confidence that this issue will not be ongoing. They make decisions solely to benefit their business not their clients, without any justification. Their products are cheap and poor quality and their customer service is atrocious. A total rip off!!

Unless you want to waste your money on goods that only last a day and are dangerous, do not buy from this company!
emmal130
September 20th, 2018
Steer well clear of this company. Can't do enough for you when you are buying from them but you will be left high and dry when things start to go wrong. Poor cheap quality goods, we purchased two bikes and both incurred identical problems within a matter of weeks. We are now in the proccess of legal proceedings. Appalling that companies like this can actually get away with treating customers like this. Poor show funbikes!
Hello,

Our company reviews all our feedback and buyer comments and we actively adjust our customer services policies on a regular basis based on your feedback.

So firstly, please let us thank you for your review and comments. It helps us greatly in improving your experience and our customer services processes.

Unfortunately, we are finding it impossible with many of the review sites to be able to accurately locate a customer account or any history regarding your comments or communications.

We have no confirmed record of any customer experience fitting this review account, nor can we verify your exact identity from just your “user name” in our records. We would very much like to investigate your comments and feedback further and find you a satisfactory solution.

Would you please be kind enough to contact our customer support by phone on 01664 498 641 or at cs@funbikes.co.uk and we will look into your issues immediately.

johnf871
February 12th, 2019
I brought a quad from fun bikes it was broken on arrival and had missing parts they refused to exchange it and left my son with no birthday present! Don't buy from them.
robw152
August 10th, 2018
gaila5
February 26th, 2013
I always follow good deals in this service and.. finally, I got two helmets for a good price. Nitro helmets are worth paid money. I suggest everyone to try in stock before purchase because dealing with helmets is taught job. Anyway, the service offers good prices
thomass185
December 26th, 2016
had purchased several quads over last few years,you definitely need to be hands on with tools, most recent quad built for this xmas would not start,and managed to break the start pull spring, on checking, the fuel line just at carb end had a 90 degree kink this was enough to cut fuel completely ,once rectified starts and runs easily,if you have a none runner, worth a wee look before making a complaint.
laraw
November 23rd, 2009
I called them up to check stock, was told they were expecting new stock in early December but they had a kids yellow quad if I wanted it delivered the following week. Call to order was placed Friday and the quad arrived the following Wednesday :-) Couldn't be happier, son loving his quad. Service was honest, polite and efficient - couldn't have asked for more, thank you.
simt11
January 18th, 2018
shocking service!! starts off fine when there selling couldn't do more for , but once sold expect the worst customer service ever and the rudest manger I've ever met.... felt like we had been ripped off by a dodgy car dealer.
nearly ruined my sons birthday with the cheap quads they sell!!!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS

ninah58
June 18th, 2018
PLEASE AVOID , THE WORST CUSTOMzER SERVICE, I have ever come across,had to take bike back 3 times to be laughed at by staff,Very rude

paulb1320
September 17th, 2019
Purchased a battery quad for sons 4th Birthday arrived fine and on time and well packed. Followed assembly instructions. For the record comes with battery pack installed. Charged as per instructions for when my son got up. The quad crawled basically. So we thought we must of not connected it to the charger properly so charged it again as per instructions again. Still no joy! Phoned funbikes we got told to check every battery individually with a battery tester. Are you serous I said we don't have one and are you serious it's brand new. Also we informed them the motor was noisy but on lifting the back end of the bike and twisting the throttle the back axle was buckled which maybe causing the fault. Phoned customer services back for more ignorance theres nothing we can do you have to bring back!!! How we are miles away from you and it was sent mail order. I tried leaving a comment on there Facebook page not an offensive one they have now deleted and blocked me. We now have been told we have to send it back for them to look at. We were told in an ignorant manner there nothing we can do. Well there is stop selling machines when you don't have procedures in place to rectify problems and talk to customers in helpful and civil manner. I could take the bike being faulty if you had handled the problem with empathy and politeness!! So we are quadless with a devastated birthday presentless little boy. We now have to spend our evening trying to pack up a defective brand new quad bike. Stay well clear if I was thinking of purchasing a quad buy local!!
mikev142
May 30th, 2019
After more than a month still no reply!! needless to say I have done what I should have done in the first place, I have bought a new Husqvarna and maybe Funbikes should take a leave how their customer service is!! Funbikes you should be ashamed - To anyone reading the reviews, go on all reviews you can find, they barely receive 3 stars! Say no more

Would give it no stars, however Andrew Pallett deserves much more. Where shall I start. Should you want to buy something from this company, Think Very Carefully. They are happy to take your money but dont expect any customer service. After researching I bought an M2R RF 140cc Pitbike at the end of February 2019. My son was over the moon as this was a very special purchase. Unfortunately this was short lived as within a month various things went wrong with the bike. As it is mechanical equipment things will go wrong, however the following all went wrong.
1) Back wheel completely disintegrated - Apparently faulty from the manufacturer - Replaced (User error)
2) Carb started leaking petrol out - replaced (User error)
3) Rear Wheel Axle bent and broke bearings and chain - (User error in their email
4) Clutch lever broke off - Ordered new clutch lever but a whole clutch was sent but no clutch lever.

All of these can happen, I suppose they could but which makes me angry is their customer service. You should the reply from Scott supposedly a customer service specialist. All of the things that happened to the bike is and I quote "USER ERROR"

It was ridden to hard!!! FFS its a pitbike they should be up to the job otherwise dont sell them. Oh yes by the way, all the problems started within a month, and half of it was waiting for spares!

I also upgraded many parts to be more robbust! Silly of me I know but you live and learn

When looking at the reviews it makes sense. This is not a flash in the pan. Be wise and save your money and go to a company that cares because Funbikes dont give a ....!!!!
sophias46
July 31st, 2018
Brought M2RF160 expecting it to be brand new. It was assembled already, off thr lorry wrapped badly, covered in dust, fuel filter had been put on upside down and the carb is leaking petrol after 2 rides. stickers at ththe r rear of the bike are worn. call to the manager

michaela648
November 23rd, 2018
Went to the shop on 4hr round trip to get a bike for my grandson for Christmas
The bike I bought had no stickers with it but I was told no problem we will forward them to you when they arrive, but after leaving shop having paid the amount asked for and also questioned if the amount was correct and then getting receipt and leaving shop,the or person who sold me the bike then rang me up and said he made a mistake and would like me to pay the extra to cover his mistake.when I refused because it wasn't my mistake and was already back on motorway by then anyway. But the assistant said well if you don't pay the £30 we won't send stickers for the bike.
I then looked into wether I was right or wrong the just I'm getting is if you've paid for something in a store and left the shop don't then go back and pay anymore.the assistant was also very uniformed on clothing sizes by say the clothes only go in Xs s m l xl so on, but on the packaging clearly states ages ment for.
Absolutely one of worst experiences ever had spending a fair amount. Never again

stuartm82
March 6th, 2018
This company and more importantly, its products are atrocious.
There is an age old saying "you get what you pay for" and that is correct, but products should still be fit for purpose.
I won't go into all the details, but the main problems I had with the MXR mini-dirt bike, were engine cut-out and accelerating of the bike with a closed throttle!! It's a potential death trap and at one practice track we went to, my son was holding the bike while it was running, when it decided to accelerate of its own accord and carried on running up the track, veered off and was luckily caught by a spectator before it hit someone.

The company did not care about this at all, even when I asked them if they did!! They also said that they can't see any problem with the bike, so there's nothing they can do.
The quality of it is beyond cheap. The fixings, the build, everything and if anyone reads this and is still wondering about buying from this company, please, please do not.

There is lots more to say about them and their handling of the situation, but all I can say is just don't ever buy from them. You will never benefit in anyway, shape or form. You've all been warned and if you still need further guidance, just focus on the negative reviews and their poor rating on TrustPilot, Google and SiteJabber

ds149
April 4th, 2016
Bought a 400 quid scooter which broke after a week. Had trouble getting any response from them. Eventually got a repair only to have a serious mechanical failure resulting in an accident. Not impressed with lack of customer care

ioanan3
June 22nd, 2018
Would not touch them with a bargepole.Company of crooks and thieves where dishonesty is at its best.Nothing but headake.
Purchased a quad bike for our little one.
All ok on the first day of use only to find that the quad was bot charging when we plugged it in.
Therefore we called the company.They first sugested we go and buy a multimeter and teat thw bike!!!!!Sorry...say what??????
When we complained they said they will send us a multimeter.
As we could not wayt we returned the bike and bought a new one from another company.
Now they do not want us to give us a full refund because we do not have the original packaging and because they tested the bike and they claim it is fully working.
Well we threw the packaging as we had no intention of returning it.We only returned it because your process of fixing broken bikes takes too long and you can t have 2 ten year olds starring at a broken bike for a werk asking every hour when will it be fixed.
Secondly and most importantly after all this hassle you now claim the bike works!!!!!!Impossible!it s not rocket science to charge a bike.What more can i say apart from the fact that we kept to charge overnight and in the morning the battery was still depleted.
You are only claiming the bike works so that you do not give a full refund.
I do not understand how some comapnies can still exist on the market based on the way they do business but proffessionallism,work ethics,customer service,quality ,integrity are attributes that don t gell well with this lot.
We will definitely fight for our rights and i hope as manny people as possible read this and choose another supplyer as there are plenty out there.
COmplete ant utter joke.

jodieb21
March 31st, 2014
Bought a mini quad bike for my sons it ran once and wouldn't run again after the 6th time of taking it back got fed up with traveling and costing money we asked for a refund they said no as they don't do refunds they would repair the bike but I would have to pay yet more money. They never set up the bike properly and its faulty I wouldn't recommend this shop or there goods to anybody STEER WELL CLEAR RIP OFF..........

chloec16
January 15th, 2016
I bought my 4yr old a mini quad in October for Christmas I had a mechanic set my quad up and my nephews there's was working fine but myn has never work also come with a popped tire we thought it was the pull start as it was very stiff but I got q new pullstart and never worked I email bikes4fun and all they said was seek mechanical help and bikes are all checked before sent which is obviously not I emailed them 3 times n still no reply inn the end I told them they was taking piss and I got a reply the next day saying they will not message me again as they don't tolerate abusive behaviour I am absolutely gutted for my son might as well frew £220 down the drain

stevem191
August 27th, 2015
Terrible Service, Terrible After sales, and im taking them to court

lc86
December 7th, 2016
Ordered bike for my son this Christmas, the bike came with the box completely smashed in, fairing all cracked and parts missing, I returned the bike and a second was dispatched, the bike arrived with oil leaking in the box and petrol had been in the tank, once again fairing all cracked, I sent the bike back once again, I was told this bike was now out of stock and had to accept a different bike or my money back, I have already brought all matching clothing for this bike. I said that I would think about this and call them back. I was contacted by them the day after with a very rude angry member of staff saying that I was a LIAR and there was nothing wrong with the bike, before I could even say anything she said they was blocking me as a customer and returning my money....I have never been spoken to in such a bad way, their customer service is very very poor, it's not my problem that they are selling smashed and broken bikes and used. I have since sent back the clothing to my expense, they have on many occasion told me my money will be refunded £649.00, it has now been 10 days since they told me this, I still have not received a penny....every time I call I get an excuse that it's my bank, and the money will take another 5 days, they have also told me I have to pay for the return of a broken bike... another £25.00....I am so angry the costumer service is extremely bad, I am 6 months pregnant and the stress has been unbelievable I still have no money to bye my sons Christmas present...this company and the people running it are rude, aggressive, and are them selfs liars... IF YOU WANT ALL THIS STRESS BYE FROM THIS INCOMPETENT COMPANY.....I am in contact with trading standards and my solicitors...

Tip for consumers: Don't bother, if you want to be spoken to like dirt, please read my review

victoriat
February 24th, 2010
Again yet another dealing with a Quad bike firm that is totally Rubbish. We ordered a bike and it arrived after a few problems, with staff shortages and the MD swearing down the phone at me because he was stressed! The bike came with a manual they recommend you don't use as it is wrong, the mixer bottle is no good as the mix is wrong so they tell you not to use it. The tool kit isn't very good quality and advise you not to use that, then if the bike doesn't start to change the spark plug as again it is not of very good quality. Funny nothing is on the website for any of this nor are you advised of this when you purchase it. I was given assurance that they were a much better firm than Fast buggies, HA!
The bike was set up on Christamas day and it didn't work. The poor Child was so disappointed that he was unable to go on his xmas present. We called and left messages on the answer phone and emailed the problem. When we eventually spoke to someone they said that they would have the bike back and repair it, fair enough when all we have wanted was a working quad bike. The bike came back after a week and we still couldn't start the bike. Called FUN BIKES and they said that it was fixed and we weren't doing somehting right! We said that we were unhappy with the bike as for us it wasn't of satisfactory condition ie we could'nt use it and it had leaked petrol and oil all over my floor. I was advised by the MD if I returned it, they would deduct the repair costs and the delivery. Outraged by this reported them to Trading Standards. They have had the bike back and are now claiming that there are things missing. Fortunatley I had wrote on the delivery slip all items that were there and spoke to the driver about it and took pictures before it was taken away by the driver. I was told i would get a full refund once they had recieved the bike and we had taken care of it. I have emailed and called this company for them to refund me and I cannot speak to the MD who needs to authorise it!!
I have now had to get Trading standards involved as this company not only wants you money but the bike as well.
Avoid this company as I feel they are not what they make out to be.

dollyj6
July 4th, 2020
Worse place to order and the worst customer service ever so rude brought a electric scooter didn't last no longer than a week they sent me out a multi reader that didn't work,then someone was meant to turn up to take it back to shop no one came to collect them trying to ring them can never get through absolute joke the way they speak to you on phone telling me to go buy my own multi reader and battery so my son got no birthday present and not even a refund this company need to be taken to trading standards just ripping people off and the company need to rethink who they have answering their phones never met ruder people I will be taken further action against this company

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Funbikes staff and other customers.

Welcome to Funbikes. Established 2001. From Quads, Scooters, Buggies; Mini Motos to Pit Bikes. See our Price promise. Click to buy online or call now 01664 498 640.

richard b.
Owner / Executive

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Funbikes?

Have a question about Funbikes?