Freelancer.ca

Freelancer.ca has a consumer rating of 1 star from 3 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Freelancer.ca ranks 90th among Freelancing sites.

How would you rate Freelancer.ca?

“I posted two jobs”

Tritara M.
2/10/14

I posted two jobs. Each time, the so-called "create Milestone" wanted to be clicked on even after I had paid the full sum. I ended up paying four times for two freelancers, and I could not contact the second freelancer because I refused to "create Milestone" for the third time. And the money was displayed as "deposit" whatever it is. Additionally, I paid 5CAD each for deleting my job postings with the promise that they will be deleted from all search engines (what an idea to make money!). It's still displayed at freelancerradar.com and freelancer.pt. I will ask them how much they want to be paid for having them disappear, too. Worst of all, you cannot delete your account. I asked them to delete my account by obtaining (not buying, to be fair) a support ticket, and I am still there after I do not remember how many days. Now I felt it my duty to warn the world community. BTW, the "deposit" was credited back to my PayPal account in the meantime after my polite request. This meas that they are not fraudulent, directly, but, say, devious. I am now registered at GURU, it's the exact antitype of freelancer.ca. You can delete your account in a second at your whimsy, and everything else is very transparent and there is no trace of any money-engulfing trap. While 5 stars are too few for GURU, one star is one star too many for freelancer.ca, and I regret not being able to give zero or minus star.

tritaram
February 10th, 2014
markw96
August 2nd, 2014
Since one year I was registered on this site that allows you to earn with a pay per project system. This website (www.freelancer.com) is managed by such a Matt Barrie, Australian entrepreneur. At the end of a project, the employee receives the money in his account, less a percentage retained on the site. I made in a year and a half 3 projects in my spare time, for a total of 710$ dollars and with the 3rd project I got the possibility to withdraw the money (lower limit is 500$).

First withdrawal request was delayed of 15 days by default and was canceled. Before making the second request I asked precise details to freelancer because I wanted to use the wire transfer.

After I sent the request freelancer found a reason to cancel it: missing informations. When I sent all informations correctly my account has been limited due to 'security reason', for 'antiterrorism' and 'anti-money laundering' fraud. It required me to pass a security document review process. Procedure was suspected, because for sending money on the platform there is no verification. Money come in easily but does not come out from the platform.

In full confidence, I have uploaded the scan of ID card, copy of the contract with my bank to proof my address, a photo of me with the identity card in my hand in high resolution and I also answered to a question: why I connect from a different location respect to my address written on the document: Simply, I'm in vacation, and I use a different connection.

After a few hours I received an email inviting me to send further informations, as well as the information of my profile have to march with my profile (they match, just Country is different due to my old mobile number), a coloured copy of the bank contract (the bank is online and they sent to me just a black and white copy, they can't do more). I'm a student and I do not have any bills with my name and address, I live with my parents. They asked me why I'm connecting with proxy or VPS, they want another hi-res photo and contract with my bank has to be 'coloured'. Very good in fantasy stories. Despite my e-mails to customer service, everything was designed to block the withdrawal.

After a quick search on the internet, I've found a lot of cheated persons. Identity theft, theft of banking data extremely sensitive, high-resolution pictures with ID card in my hand and over $700 of mine unlawfully retained without permission or license granted by a credit institution or financial intermediation. I gave them 24 hours to solve the problem but they didn't care of my mail so I got to the police of my country and opened a law proceeding. I also advised mastercard, visa, paypal and skrill payment processors of the fraud by attaching the law proceeding and advised my bank of the fraud, filing a report with all data sent. Next step will be an enquiry to the international credit institutions for stopping this not-legal fraud (contract they show on website is not valid and full of illegal statements, they are not a bank).
rohitb1
September 3rd, 2013
Never try to use this site- This is a scam- they will do recurring charges on ur credit card - without any reason. Support desk will not do anything to solve.

Questions? Get answers from the Freelancer.ca staff and other customers.

Find & hire top freelancers, web developers & designers inexpensively. World's largest marketplace of 28m. Getting started is free. Receive quotes in seconds. Post your job online now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freelancer.ca?

Have a question about Freelancer.ca?