Review of Flixster

Flixster reviews

Burbank, CA 91522, US

suep151
8/31/18

Flixster is limiting itself to Marcus theaters as far as 60 miles away and a couple of AMC. No Independent or Landmark theaters much closer. I'm done with Flixster.

ivanh47
7/27/18

My go to movie app for the last how many years, just destroyed by latest update. Bye bye flixter. Why do developers insist on this... it worked great,now it doesnt work at all. Might as well be IMDb for all the use it is and I already have IMDb.

fredb172
6/21/18

Just redundant junk. I buy a physical copy but simply want to watch it on iTunes as well. I paid for the digital copy, so how hard can it be? Who is Flixter anyway? It's the sloppiest app I've ever seen.

daves455
6/4/18

Flixster used to be my go to app for movies playing and reviews - however since they stopped including Landmark Theaters in my area I have stopped using it. Why would I want to look up shows and movie times in my area on an app that only gives me partial information? I contacted them about this - but nothing. Good bye Flixster!

keithc143
5/25/18

What happened?!?! Used to be my go to for movie tickets, latest dvd releases,watch trailers... Now it totally sucks! Someone needs to get fired because they have no idea as to what people want. Get a clue.

mahmoude12
5/16/18

Both Warner Brothers Digital copy and FlixterVideo are rip off. Make sure before buying any movies with digital copy, you read the label carefully. My kids love watching movies on iTunes but WB Digital Copy only works with FlixterVideo, Which sucks!

WB Digital Support Sucks the most! It is just an email service which sends you the same exact email no matter what you ask.

Booooooooo!

maddies6
5/3/18

A lot of the best movies get downloaded to flixter, but the app needs internet. my 4 kids want to watch the movies while there in the car or on the plane on there iPads, but cant because they need internet, utterly uesless.

helenh111
4/16/18

This used to be such a versatile app. Within 2 clicks you could see what was on at your local cinema times and reviews. Now it is utterly useless. I have now deleted a much loved app

adriand35
4/12/18

Just useless, utter crap. How they are still in business when this is their front end is mystery, one star is one star too many

nancym246
3/17/18

What happened to this versatile app?? I used to use it all the time to find out what was showing in local theatres and now can't see a thing. Really disappointed and have removed the app. Is there anything anyone else is using to replace it?

staleyt
3/15/18

Used it all the time. Now it sucks. Is useless for seeing what is in my local theaters. Am removing app.

pamh84
2/27/18

This app is now useless for looking for whats on in all local cinemas which was how I used it. Also the information, times of shows, ratings and synopsis for each film was easy to find. I don't undestand why the app has changed to make it completely unuseable for purpose. Some imbecile designed it. Maybe I have missed the point somewhere???

georgev43
2/25/18

Landscape view only. Why? Finding what theaters are playing a movie you want to see is an adventure not worth attempting. Definitely a giant move backwards. Way to go, Flixster.

adamd89
2/3/18

The most annoying to me is that the part of the app for "movies I want to see" is all messed up. Movies I haven't selected are there as well as movies I've already rated.

ms506
1/25/18

Who the hell is in charge of developing this app? Gone from From intuitive and easy to use to clunky and unreliable in an update. Lost a loyal user.

joshuae32
1/22/18

The app navigation isn't as practical as it used to be. Tried to Google help and it didn't help. If it aint broke don't fix it.

stever181
1/21/18

Flixster? You were an app I used everyday and on the first screen of my phone. Now youre in a folder on the 3rd screen and I am looking for a suitable replacement app.

Not sure what drove you to such a bad change, but youd be wise to rethink it.

denisea68
1/17/18

This app is useless now I'm sorry to say. I will have to find an app that is reliable and allows me to add movies to my watch list and then be able to review them. I've lost a lot of data and it doesn't work anymore. I cannot believe how horrible this update is. I would give them a zero rating if I could.

gleng17
1/13/18

Redeeming codes is the worst, always making me reset my password. It's time the movie industry stopped making people pay for digital and dvd copies by offering a cheaper alternative. Those who want the extras can pay for it.

johnh825
12/26/17

This is the worst service on Earth ! It's never work always complaining about HDCP ! I would not recommand to anyone to use flixster!

tomb314
12/23/17

Whoever was responsible for the latest app update should be immediately fired and an apology should be issued to all users. This app has become worthless

marines4
12/8/17

Landscape mode should be for videos or gaming only. I use my IPad in portrait mode most of the day unless I'm either watching a video, checking stock charts, or gaming. Whoever signed off on this latest disaster update does NOT belong in app design. I never rate any app because my time is too valuable to waste time helping companies better their products without paying me a dime, but now I have to waste my time finding a new app to replace this one. So far, Yidio seems to fill the void for now.

When Flixster disciplines the employee who signed off on this and reverts back to the previous layout, I may forgive and reinstall the app. However, I think they owe all of us users who made Flixster popular a big apology. Netflix and other companies have done the same. Now Flixster should follow suit.

jeffp100
12/6/17

I used to dep nd on Flixster to help me and my wife plan both our theater and home movie watching. The lists of movies reviewed was extensive.

Now the site contains about 1/6th of the titles in the list and the movies listed - especially in the home section - are ones Ive never even heard of.

I cant be more disappointed. Bad, Fandango, bad!!!

lorig60
12/6/17

The recent upgrade makes this app worthless. I have 3 theaters within 15 miles of my home and none of them will appear. This makes the app completely useless to me. what used to be a very user-friendly and helpful app is now a joke. I'm dumping it.

colinl24
12/3/17

I used flixster religiously. Not only did I get Rotten ratings and reviews but I was able to see what was on in each cinema; I soon hilighted my favourite cinemas. This upgrade fails to capture the cinemas - a key to its usefulness in the uk. Ill be dumping it. From favourite and useful app to useless.

well I don't have a solution to streaming but if you have a device that flixster lets you download with I would recommend doing that.

By kaleb e.

I'm unaware of that service. FLIXTER is just generally a terrible "service". Better to use reddit to find good streaming sites. Good luck.

By Leigh m.

Questions? Get answers from the Flixster staff and other customers.

Flixster?