Review of Flixster

Flixster reviews

Burbank, CA 91522, US

jt82
3/25/16

I WASTED MY MONEY ON THE DIGITAL COPY! Customer service was unwilling/unable to provide me any assistance with using my digital copy outside of their terrible interface. Unless you're 80 years old, Flixster is outdated and a hassle to use. They took a step backward in terms of interface usability and portability. I have since purchased "digital movies" through iTunes rather than buy DVD + Digital Copies. Price is the same, and I can easily watch it offline, and on various devices with ease. Ease being the operative word. Don't make my mistake thinking Flixster couldn't be that bad. It is like old people are designing their interface.

barbarad57
3/3/16

I am glad Flixster exists. There needs to be delivery services and consolidators for UV movies. I like flixster and have had no problems. The negative reviews on this site are unjustified. Keep Flixster alive!

nealr14
2/12/16

This website is so unbelievably bad. I'm not a huge digital copy person but hey, I want what I paid for. Every since Ultraviolet started requiring you to redeem movies through the piece of garbage flickster it hasn't been worth it. Flickster requires you to link your UV account to them, but when you do so you get an error message suggesting you contact support. And the genius advise you get from flickster support is to just try again. Tried initiation a customer support chat at 5:30 pm eastern time (their site says they are available until 1 am pacific time) and guess what, no one is available. This has totally turned me off the idea of spending money for digital copies.

myronw8
1/12/16

Use Flixster via my ROKU box. They use to be a big help to get previews of movies at local theaters. But now I get a lot of nonsense about entering and access code via my home PC. I tried to follow the instructions to enter the code but the try to hook me on to some UltraViolet stuff that I don't want.
What gives????

rh655
1/2/16

I have used flixster for over 9yrs, loved using it! Especially on trips with kids but then comes along the deal of combining the UV account.... all my movies just vanished. I have repeatedly contacted customer service they were very rude, short, and way off topic on what my concern was. IE- they gave me a lengthy detail on how to connect my UV and flixster account. I responded back but I have heard nothing. After all my business I finally just deleted my account; no sorry to see you go or why are you leaving. They just deleted and gone. They couldn't care less about their customers.

sm777
1/1/16

you enter your redeem code , then you get an "error has occurred". Now your code shows used and you kiss your download good bye. These crooks need some jail time. Freeking thieves

kalebe
11/22/15

When i buy movies in HD sometimes there is no HD option through streaming or downloading. the first movie I got was fine but every other movie i would buy said it was HD but was not. Also the movies coast more for HD.

stephens91
11/1/15

recently flixster erased all of my movies from my account i tried getting customer support but all those idiots are is a bunch of retarded monkeys nobody does $#*! all at flixster i want my 52 movies back before i get seriously $#*!ing pissed off and if they don't it will be a seriously big lawsuit i want serious cash from those faggots so im asking anyone who reads this to sue the $#*!ing $#*! out of them you pay for movies the delete them thats classic fraud i'm not letting faggots loose my movies that i $#*!ing paid for.

hollieg4
8/5/15

Flixster is by far the worst service ever!! You pay for combo pack DVD's expecting Digital Code to work on whatever device you have BUT UV/Flixster forces you to load their app to even be able to view the movie YOU have PAID for!!! COMPLETE SCAM!! their Customer service Representatives are terrible & even rude!! I ended up calling Production company direct & was given iTunes code & was told they're already going to be cutting ties with Flixster due to SO many complaints. Goodbye & good riddance Flixster!!!

leighm25
5/23/15

Rotten tomatoes could be an amazing app. It is completely ruined by flixter. No one wants to sign in to each and every movie service to use a fricken app you idiots! The only reason IMDB can exist is because flixter has messed up rotten tomatoes so much as to render it completely USELESS!

dj309
1/17/15

The website doesn't accept my password when I enter it. So thinking I forgot it, I requested an email to reset said password. Then a requested another, and another. It never arrived to any of my inboxes, after double checking to see that my email was in fact correct, I complained to them. The lady that responded had no problem sending me an email saying that she will send another password reset email to me, but I waited and waited and it never came. Even more frustrating is that now, whenever I try to request a password reset, it says "your answer to this security question was incorrect." Even though all I did was click the I forgot my password button. Flixster is messed up, and full of glitches, it has seriously been a waste of money.

Tip for consumers: Don't.... just don't

keithm54
1/16/15

Flixster charged me good money and my movie failed to download. Their Ultralight platform sucks.

jimb129
10/18/14

Bought Gravity... went to redeem it and found out that I either have to stream it or download it and watch it using THEIR media player. I'm not burning through my data to watch the movie and I'm not installing yet another app to watch a movie with.

Take a hint from everyone else Flixster, make your movies pc/mac ready. I play all my other movies on iTunes.

Guess i'll have to rip this movie and watch it that way on my ipad with no chapter selection or anything.

Thanks for nothing

jonahh7
2/19/13

I like the layout of flixster but the part where you can watch movies,etc online for free is a waste of time because you cant watch older movies.

susanm7
2/5/10

The customer service sucks big-time. So unprofessional and extremely incompetent.

joeg1
4/16/09

Great movie site - Flixster is a community for movie fans to rate movies and share with friends. Its one of the biggest on the web and they have everything from movie lists and quizzes to forums. I love watching the huge library of clips from any movie and seeing the cool skins people create for movies and actors. Also, its fun to browse around and meet other users whose taste is very compatible with mine.

juliaj
9/26/08

My favorite movie community - I used to have Netflix, and one of my favorite features was Netflix.com where I could write little movie reviews and share them with my friends. But I got too busy and canceled my Netflix account, so I nowhere to write reviews. Then I got spammed by one of my friends on Facebook by some app called Flixster. But I'm a sucker for movies, so I clicked on it, and now I'm hooked. All my movie addicted friends joined too, and now we all share reviews and pictures. It's great. I also like their movie quizzes. My only complaint is that I waste way too much time on this...I think I need help!

well I don't have a solution to streaming but if you have a device that flixster lets you download with I would recommend doing that.

By kaleb e.

I'm unaware of that service. FLIXTER is just generally a terrible "service". Better to use reddit to find good streaming sites. Good luck.

By Leigh m.

Questions? Get answers from the Flixster staff and other customers.

Flixster?