Review of Flixster

Flixster reviews

Burbank, CA 91522, US

carlosh42
12/3/17

The App went backwards in time .No use anybody know a alternative?No DVD knowledge or release Knowledge no use..

sharono32
12/1/17

Terrible upgrade of app. Go back to previous one. Dont want to waste time writing at least one hundred characters here.

kellyg124
11/30/17

The app gets a rating of 1 because there was no 0. The worst update ever. No movie synopsis. Tries to overthink me and wont let me keep favorite movie theatres around the country. I guess Suckster thinks I only see movies at one theatre in the country. Please go back to the other app. This app is useless.

roberts709
11/27/17

What were you thinking, Flixster? You used to have a perfectly serviceable and user-friendly app. A user could see ratings and full reviews of new movies, necessary theatre information in case he chose to go see a movie, and information about the latest released DVDs, in case he wanted to buy, stream or use an on-demand service to see the latest available movies at home. I guess the app developers thought they had to do a major change and overhaul in order to justify their continued existence. The new app appears to have driven away more customers than New Coke. Back to Rotten Tomatoes on the browser. RIP, Flixster.

larryg94
11/26/17

New update no longer lists all movies playing at any particular theater .. rendering it useless. Ive deleted from my phone

susant157
11/24/17

I loved Flixster and used it all the times to see what was showing at cinemas nearby
The lates updated version is now hopeless and I am unable to work out anything Anyone else having this problem Signed Frustrated

bobm260
11/24/17

What a horrible update. My theater doesnt show up. Cant make favorite theaters. No idea how to look at dvd releases and upcoming dvd releases. I was using Flixter daily. I dont use it any more.

margaretm182
11/24/17

Does not show all movies at theaters. Does not show all the theaters in area. Poorly laid out. Used to be do simple to use. Now it is useless. Had to look up info in newspaper. Would use no stars if available.

richw27
11/22/17

I am done with Flixster. It used to be easy to see whats on dvd/streaming. The new at Home tab shows horrible elections most I have never heard of.

robertk265
11/19/17

I am horrified at the new version are they kidding I use to go on and see the movies now you can just throw this version into the trash can where it belongs I would just love to meet the genius behind this zero stars

brianl149
11/19/17

I dislike the how the new movies are laid out, DVD and cinema. Specifically the DVDs. The history of release dates doesnt go back far enough and the new release dates do not flow well. I used Flixster multiple times per days as avid movie watchers... Im searching for the my new movie app unless Flixster fixes the problem soon.

sallym84
11/17/17

Used Flixster for years - the new Flixster is totally unusable for me. Three of our local theatres are not even listed now and there seems to be no way to add them. Of the theaters that are on, the new format is very confusing and you cannot see the critic and users ratings easily. I even tried to write a review on their site and it wouldnt send.
Will no longer be using in its present format.

craigf32
8/28/17

I have 48 titles on my account, I have recently moved from android to apple and when using the flixter app it says I have no UV copies. I have been speaking to their customer service for 3 days and have been asked to provide the following:
+ screenshots of the app on 3 occassions, two of these were withing 2 hrs of each other
+ details of my devices on 5 occassions
+ the uv title and its name on 5 occassion, even though my original ticket stated this issue was for 48 films
+ etc

This has all been from different people, I have received a total of 7 email with no two from the same person and am no closer to resolving my issue. Very dissappointing.

adama158
7/4/17

I have three movies on ultraviolet. I had to use flixster to watch them. Their software wouldn't let me log in. So to be same I reset my password. Still it wouldn't let me in. So then I made a totally new account still it wouldn't let me in. It literally won't let me watch my movies. So now I'm streaming the movie which I own. Oh and downloading it would have taken 45 mins.

Seriously they are so frustrating. What a waste of life.

Don't waste your time. It's a $#*! company. DONT USE THEM.

christopherj72
6/26/17

It started out just fine. One day, it stopped playing my downloaded movies. I called customer support, they advised me to uninstall and reinstall the app- DO NOT DO THIS! The result was I lost all the movies I had already downloaded. And now after it says I downloaded a movie (again) it does not show up in my downloaded list. So what good is this app if it does not play movies you have purchased and redeemed? For me, it is garbage. They have never even tried to fix my issues after I informed them through their feedback system. They dont seem to know how their software works or how to fix it when it doesnt work.

susieg10
4/29/17

HORRIBLE SERVICE! EVEN LIVE CHAT IS DOWN AND THEY DONT HELP RECOVER YOUR MOVIES AFTER FORCING YOU TO LINK WITH UV

lazarog1
3/23/17

I tried to email support for my passwiord due to changed emails and they will not answer me. it has been many days and still nothing. there live chat is down, and no link. I have dozens of movies and they are lost in this flister showdown. I have requested email change support in the emails sent. I do not know what to do but go all out on the net with the request or report to someone else.
laz

Tip for consumers: Do not download to this site do it in itunes or somewhere else as you will loose all your digital copies or access to them. you can download and then transfer file to elsewhere.

colek11
2/15/17

This is the third time I have called,,,,,no movies,no help,no refund ,or credit,there techs talk you in circles and don't have a clue how to fix,,,,real waste of time ,they now what the problem is they just won't share it with you,, if anyone sues I'm in,,,class action law suit,,,,,100 movies,,,15 to 20 a pop adds up quick

nancyd108
2/8/17

Now last night I tried to redeem my points, when I tried they said someone already had done it, but tonight I gave it a chance and have it.

jmp
12/6/16

New format is step backwards. Waited for years to see the critic and users % on main page, now that's gone.

jamest183
9/18/16

ultraviolet and in turn flixster is simply another iteration of proprietary playback limiting customers choice to use the platform that suits them best and frankly most efficiently. My particular story begins with the purchase of a bluray/dvd/"digital copy" disc at a local big box store. There were no labels stating the digital copy was only playable via flixster or some other unknown/lesser known players/Apps...only digital copy. To my dismay, I learned only after opening the box that the digital copy was retrievable only by ultraviolet which is only playable on flixster and some other second tier boxes that, I of course don't have and frankly don't want to go purchase. I did not consciously elect to begin another video collection with this company and have received no positive customer service from them. Their advertising is deceitful and dishonest and their customer service has no regard for the end users rights to use material legally purchased in an entirely legal fashion as would be appropriate. This would equate to being sold a dvd and then finding out that said dvd would only play on a Sony or Toshiba or (name your brand) DVD player...but no others. Consumer beware! Really...this platform is overly restrictive to the end consumer limiting your ability to play back a legally purchased MP4 on your current equipment. They also force you to create a second library for these movies in another application (flixster) in this case that is not user friendly and very inconvenient as you will now have to remember which app/library that a particular video is saved within. Or, worse yet, as another recent post this month pointed out, you may lose access or be unable to merge your movies and lose content--with the company refusing to rectify the situation. I have lost movies previously with iTunes and simply had to call, verify some information and immediately resolved the issue with the movie returned to my account. As a physician, I would never bait and switch a patient but that is exactly what this company is doing by selling DVDs with a "digital copy" that is only redeemable via ultraviolet and only playable within a single app and upon limited hardware.

danielc164
9/11/16

I have never been treated so bad in my life from any company on this Earth! I have been collecting movies in Flixster for years! I had over 200 movies in my families account, but now my 200+ movies have disappeared, and Flixster will not help me recover any of it. I feel as if I've been robbed, but all they can do as a company is blame Ultraviolet, who in return blames Flixster! Not one bit of help, except a couple of e-mails stating I had to merge accounts, which we have done multiple times, but still no movies or help from this Flixster! This company really does not care. My wife and I have tried to recover our movies for at least a year now, but still no help!!! I will keep trying as I am having a hard time letting go of 200 movies/$2000!

eugened9
8/28/16

Use another platform it just doesn't work. I bought 11 movies and flixster will only saw 8 of those movies.

robertj151
7/14/16

flixster is by fair the worst you lose movies bad service. i will not even bother entering any codes from my hard copy's why ? you wont get it or you'll just lose them

yvonnem25
4/1/16

Loved this film. So relevant in terms of what is happening to our religious liberty in this country. Story line couldn't be more true. Great acting. Beautifully shot. Awesome music. Loved seeing actors from some of my favorite movies and TV shows in this faith-based film. Jesse Metcalfe always easy on the eyes. Highly recommended for either date night or family outing. GOD'S NOT DEAD!! He's surely ALIVE!

well I don't have a solution to streaming but if you have a device that flixster lets you download with I would recommend doing that.

By kaleb e.

I'm unaware of that service. FLIXTER is just generally a terrible "service". Better to use reddit to find good streaming sites. Good luck.

By Leigh m.

Questions? Get answers from the Flixster staff and other customers.

Flixster?