Review of FlashMint

FlashMint reviews

derekw24
4/29/16

I bought a template and have problem with displaying the website. I have sent them two messages in last five days with no reply. They dont have any contact number to call and I am stuck with my purchase and dont know what to do next.

adriaanh3
10/16/13

Purchased a template that was categorized under the osCommerce section, .

To my dismay, once purchased and downloaded I discovered it was a Magento template.

Now, Austin Poff is telling me that the mistake was on my part. And no talk of a refund or trade in. USD180 in the toillette.

Never again. flashmint. You guys suck.

Thanks to you I am behind schedule and might lose the contract. You guys cost me way more than USD 180. You cost me the food out of my babies mouth......

rogerr22
5/8/13

Agreed. Flash Mint has decent templates but bad service if you need it.

afzalb
6/11/12

"Support" is non-existent and documentation supplied when they eventually send you the download link is pitiful. When I asked for more details to modify template I was told by a very rude person (Austin Poff) that I have to contact someone else for support and he had a major attitude problem with any query I had.

When I complained about the template they said I didn't buy the template from them (even though it's sold on their site!) and so they wouldn't give a refund. Templates may look good but you're on your own if there's any problems. They are more expensive than most other companies so totally not worth the hassle in dealing with them.

lexk
5/24/11

Nice flash templates. I bought a few facebook layouts from them and customized them for my clients. No complaints so far. The delivery time varies but I got my download links within 24 hours just like promised on the site.

sethm2
10/15/10

I loved the templates and think for the price they are quite a good deal. So 4 stars for that. My problem comes with after all the flash pardon the pun is done with what happens next. First of all, I have no record of any orders on the site, even though I did, so no support or documentation there. I finally did get a download link sent to me but it takes up to 24 hours for some reason. Took me about 13. Then I download the template and begin the very difficult process of trying to get it to work. Make no mistake, these are not for people who know next to nothing about the web. You need to have a very particular setup on your hosting server and be running Linux and more. Some of this is included in the documentation they give you and some is not. So onto my biggest and most serious complaint. SUPPORT.

They are on a ticket system, which is fine if you get back in an hour or two. But no, you are seriously looking at 24 hours FOR EVERY QUESTION. And we are taking about a process so complex that there are literally hundreds of things that can go wrong. For instance, my template just loads a blank screen. I have had to become an expert on permissions and log files just to begin to troubleshoot because I tired of waiting literally days upon days for support. I solved 90% of the problems alone just to find one I can't solve. Oh you know what, another 24 hour wait. If you seriously need to get something done, don't use this site. If you have a week or so to play around with getting something working go for it as the templates are good.

I believe if you want to invest all this time into creating a business like this and then I pay you 300 dollars, let me have my product right now, cuz we all know the credit card charge happened right away, and provide enough support for me to ACTUALLY USE my product. Otherwise don't bother starting a company.

Questions? Get answers from the FlashMint staff and other customers.

FlashMint?