Firstleaf

Firstleaf has a consumer rating of 3.17 stars from 6 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Firstleaf ranks 16th among Wine sites.

How would you rate Firstleaf?

“Ok experience but wines are just average”

Jase H.
2/23/20

Soon after I signed up for this club I realized it didn't make sense for me to belong to clubs with life matters making it difficult. I only made a couple orders. I can say my short experience with them was positive. They shipped very promptly. I've enjoyed most of the wines, but have really only had two that I'd buy again. They cancelled without question or delay when I requested they end my membership. All in all, a totally fine experience.

“Even worst than their competitors”

Dana S.
4/3/21

I ordered a subscription on March 30 2021 and should have had my 1st box by now. I intentionally planned to be home today because someone 21+ has to be here to sign for it. At 5pm today 4/3/2021 per the tracking confirmation they would no longer fulfill this delivery. I won't be home tomorrow, which is the next delivery date. Canceled my subscription but would like the taxes and shipment fees refunded for them dropping the ball.

jaseh2
February 23rd, 2020

evee12
December 10th, 2019

I live in California and usually stay with California wine. The first leaf subscription includes some imported wine. I thought it doesn't hurt to try because the first subscription is cheap. Then the bottle of wine from Spain blew my mind. Instead of staying with Cab and Merlot, I'm going to try more red blend now. I brought a bottle with similar profile to share with family and they loved it too! So happy about it and I'm gonna order a case of it.

emilyj53
September 21st, 2020

I was a member of FirstLeaf for about 4 months, using an introductory special. The basic service is ok: you create an online profile of preferences and then refine those preferences by ranking each wine that you receive. The shipments come once per month, six bottles at a time. I diligently rated my first three shipments, and was disappointed when 1/3 of my fourth shipment contained Pinor Noir despite ranking every Pinor Noir that I'd received in the prior 3 shipments negatively. (I simply do not like Pinot Noir). If you do like a wine, you only have the option to order 6 or 12 bottles of it, as opposed to mixing or matching bottles in an order.

The biggest drawback of the service is that with the default order of 6 bottles per month you are expected to pay nearly $20 in shipping. You can get free shipping if you double the order, but the only option is to get duplicates of the same six random selections that you may or may not even like. Also, as noted previously, you can't mix and match orders by purchasing 6 bottles of a wine that you did enjoy and having it shipped with the monthly shipment of 6 random bottles.

I signed on to a different service that provides a default of 12 bottles every 90 days, always with free shipping, as well as the opportunity to mix and match my own bottle of 12.

danas477

Products used:
Wine

jeffreyb867
December 3rd, 2020

WORST WINE CLUB! Worst customer service. I ordered on 11/29 and told wine would be delivered on 12/1. It never came and tracking shows FedEx hasn't received my box. On 12/3, I was actually told my wine would be delivered on 12/1! So, I guess they've developed a time machine. The rep couldn't tell me where my order was or if/when I would receive it. His only solution was to cancel my order and membership. Fine with me. But, seriously, that's not good or appropriate customer service and satisfaction at all. Good riddance.

mannyo3
August 6th, 2018

Got an email about receiving a few bottles of wine for free if I paid shipping and handling, so I did. A few weeks later I was enjoying 7 bottles of Import and like clock work I get a few more every 3 months with a minimal payment. No complaints, all Imports and I get to add a review for every bottle.

It's hard to speak with anyone immediately. It seems to be a relatively small operation where you have to send an email and wait for someone to get back to you.

By Emily J.

FirstLeaf appears to be a completely legitimate company

By Emily J.

Introductory offer on Facebook. I subsequently left for another service that also offered an introductory offer and a better overall service.

By Emily J.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Firstleaf staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firstleaf?

Have a question about Firstleaf?