Farmers Insurance reviews

Tel: +1-800-435-7764
luis.sahagun@farmers.com

cliffc16
6/12/18

I own and manages several properties in Oregon and California so when reviewing the new insurance rate of $149 a month I knew it was high. For a policy fitting my needs for this particular property value and location it was over twice the going rate. I contacted State Farm and gave them the information on the property and their quot was under $65 a month. I called Farmers billing office and they would not talk with me because they couldn't connect me to the policy even though I've been paying the bill for two years. So I called the agent, he said that seemed very high and said he would check into it. Later that day he texted me with a new quot of $75 a month, wanting me to cancel the policy and start a new. Price still too high and no excuse for gouging on the previous policy. If you are doing business or thinking about doing business with Farmers Insurance I recommend you get other quotes for comparison. Kinda underhanded and sleazy in my book.

cherylg64
12/18/17

I canceled due to the high cost, but I still have our life insurance with Farmers. In the past 20 years, I have NEVER had an agent follow up with me regarding our life insurance.

maxineb8
12/5/17

We have had Farmers insurance for our 3 automobiles and 4 houses. We have rental property so we have to have good coverage.
We had homeless person burn a duplex we owned and they were good about getting our checks to start cleanup and rebuilding.
Our problem came because we had replacement and couldn't buy until we get money and couldn't get money until we replaced. We finally sold the apartment after we used money to do the cleanup and make safe so no one would get hurt. It's was across st from a school.

tomh256
10/23/17

I switched to Geico for a small fraction what Farmers was charging and Geico is the best! Why spend the extra$$$$$ for nothing?

travisw39
10/20/17

I have searched for insurance everywhere only to keep coming back to this group. great insurance for a very decent price.

johns757
8/22/16

I'm writing this as a medical professional who has had nothing but problems with Farmer's Insurance paying legitimate medical claims for over 25 years. They are the absolute worst company imaginable. They won't pay claims. Patients are forced to take pain pills instead of receiving therapy, because therapy is much more expensive than addictive pain medications. Meanwhile, patients get addicted to the pain medication, regress due to not being able to get the needed physical therapy, and have their pain syndrome become permanent. Then Farmer's hires its own lawyers to defend them against the inevitable lawsuit. This company has proven itself, over three decades of my experience with them, to be absolutely the worst insurance company I have ever dealt with - bar none. Don't get fooled by their TV commercials; they are absolutely a terrible company that's in it for their own profit only, and care nothing for their injured clients.

maichelh
6/28/16

happy for your work

robertg212
Robert G.
5/14/16

Farmers is a reliable insurance company, which is saying a lot when it comes to insurance companies. Not to mention their prices are very competitive.

barbarao28
Barbara O.
4/7/16

I've had many different auto insurance companies. When I found Farmers I stopped hopping around. Farmers is by far the best one I've used. They focus on customer service and helping get you what you need when you need it most.

elishebay
2/18/16

I use Farmers for my notary business!

cobis
12/10/15

Depends on what you're after. They're not the cheapest, but when you get in an accident, they have your back.

karll25
9/22/15

And for car insurance it's a heck of a lot cheaper than Geico the last time I checked. The key is to bundle a bunch of policies together to get a deal.

gregorys42
7/5/15

When I moved He found me another agent. When My car was damaged they worked quickly to get me back on the road. Great company to have in your pocket.

glendaw3
3/6/14

This company of Farmer's needs to review their website. I have been trying to pay my bill 30 minutes and it keeps coming up blank on the payment page(s) - when I try to call them, their automated site goes through a series of questions then it (the call) trips over to an agent (call center). The person who answers the call at agent's office is rude and loud on phone.

leer5
7/4/10

My husband and I have been married 48 years so this tells you how long we've been buying insurance. I've always been one to SHOP around. We're tried just about all the insurance companies for business, our home, our auto's. Now who knows what kind of insurance company you really have until, "you have a fire". Fortunately we were with Farmer's insurance when my husband's shop burned to the ground. A large shop with lots of tools, business equipment, hobbies, family storage and such. We were devastated at our loss. The fire chef said he heard that Farmer's was one of the best. Well let me tell you, we just about fell over when an adjuster came knocking at our door a few days later, he lived out of the area but spent the whole day going through the fire, took us to lunch, stayed the night at a motel and came back in the morning with checks. One was a partial payment for loss of contents, money to get the mess demo'd and hauled away. In no time at all we received a sizable check to rebuild our shop, more for contents and etc.. Our son's Camaro was locked in the shop and we couldn't get to it, there was no insurance on it at the time of the fire. Farmer's paid the full value of the car! The car was beautiful before the fire, everything was just so, so on it. I've heard some real nightmare stories about insurance companies but Farmer's is one of the best in our book!

Questions? Get answers from the Farmers Insurance staff and other customers.

Farmers Insurance?