Review of Evite

Los Angeles, CA 90017, United States
support@evite.com

davidj634
2/16/19

I was unable to process a simple evite. It wouldn't let me proceed to the next screen and didn't give me any explanation as to why. Just a red bar. Wasted a bunch of time setting up an event just to not have it work. Not going to use them again.

martinb304
2/5/19

As a volunteer one of the worst site interactions I have ever encountered. They actually have ads that on the surface appear to be part of the site. I would rather interact with sticky notes than this crazy site. 2 5 19 Roanoke, VA

paulw262
11/8/18

For the past three years I used Evite to send invitations for an annual Christmas party. Every year Evite would incorporate my guest list into this year's invitation. Until this year. Out of a guest list of approximately 140 different email addresses, Evite incorporated only about 20. The rest...simply gone. So I contacted Evite by email for assistance. Their response? None. Wow. At least respond. But, what would you expect from a free service that has gotten dozens of bad reviews online. My solution? Contact their advertisers. Hit them in the pocket. That's obviously all Evite staff cares about.

fja
7/19/18

Unless you have an infinite amount of time, forget Evite. The software and process make no sense. I have spent HOURS inputting names and then they disappear.
Screens pop up to input names with no connecting page. Where to go next?
I have also tried to upload CSV file. Nope. Nothing.
I have been working on this for two days. Before that, it took forever to set up the invitation itself.
Their support is web-based with no relevance to what I need. They must do that on purpose because their product totally sucks. I wish I could get my money back. BTW I am pretty tech savvy.

donr160
7/13/18

Made more work out of trying to organize simple party.

I would rather type the invitations and send them via snail mail!

jesseb111
5/31/18

Spent two weeks with tech support for unrecieved invitations that I paid to have been sent to all my guests. Was instructed to email my guests to check their junk/spam. The invitations were not there. I tried to send a txt link but evite denies them, claiming it must be through email only. Tried resending the inviation manually. Also emailing guests a link. The most fustrating unreliable service! Half my guests didnt get an invitation. Please save your money. Do not use Evite. Unreliable service.

jayg85
11/23/17

There is no provision to resend the invite if for some reason the invitee did not see or get the evite send first time. If we send a text message there is no way the guests could respond. There is no way we can add email to that phone number and resend. The worst application I ever used and it is frustrating.

bona282
10/19/17

I ordered an important gift for a friend that this horrible company promised he received. Then 4 days later they said they made a mistake, but did not offer my money back. After e-mailing several times, wasting my time, and my friend didn't get his gift, I would have used a valid company. SHAME ON THEM!!!!!!! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!

juliek66
9/13/17

I used to love evite until I used it last. It is now so covered with ads that your invitation will get lost among the advertising and probably annoy the people who receive your invitations. Wish I had not used it for my last invitation:(

anthonyc169
8/23/17

Missed a friends funeral because l never got an evite. The family checked and said l was on their list. Boy, you don't get to make that up to people. I am so upset!

nancyf68
8/3/17

We are giving a large party and sent out 60 invitations many of which never got delivered because they went into the invitees 'spam folder.' THAT IS NOT HELPFUL AND EVITE DID NOTHING TO PREVENT THIS PROBLEM FROM HAPPENING...EVEN WHEN THE'REMINDER' WENT OUT. The result is that our rsvps weren't coming in and it appeared that people were ignoring them. Wrong! Only after contacting our guests did we find out that they had no idea we were having a party. The Evite site is NOT USER FRIENDLY and their support staff does not respond in a timely fashion when help is needed. Stay away. Bad experience. Not good.

annep58
5/15/17

What happened? I used to use Evite for all my party invitations, but this year I've had the worst time. The ads overwhelm the page, people's responses do not show up, and it's difficult to maneuver through the site. I've had complaints from my invitees about it as well. Most people don't even see the "View Message From Host" so don't click on it and then never get the body of the invite. If I write something, it should show up automatically without them having to click to see it. Sorry to say I'll not be using them again in the future.

patricias166
3/11/17

I received an Evite invitation that I accepted and included a gift from the Evite shopping site... I ordered and paid for the gift to be delivered for the birthday party March 4th ... it still has not arrived!!
Also, the $ were US not CDN as I had expected as I live in Canada and the Evite was for a party in Canada. I will never use eGift again from this site:(

kristaw8
1/17/17

I used to like this app but it's getting too covered w ads
I can't screen shot evite, too many ads now.

carolines49
1/9/17

Where to begin with the inadequacies of this website? My brother and I put together an invitation to a memorial service. My brother is the head of IT in a hospital and is the most computer savvy person I know. After I gave up on getting this invitation the way I wanted it, he took over. I was gratified that he too found the site confusing, counter-intuitive and EXTREMELY USER-UNFRIENDLY!! And yet we used it because it was an easier way to track responses than doing it through email, even when we had to hand-enter the responses of confused guests. If a competent, knowledgeable web designer overhauled this site, it COULD be fantastic.

Tip for consumers: Don't.

danaw38
12/28/16

I like using the Evite because it allow my guest to RSVP & I can track it however as far as me adding my on pic it's horrible graphics. I should be able to add a jpeg that looks clear on the invitation and it should allow for larger pictures. Evite should also keep in mind that every invite is not for parties, some are for networking meetings, etc. so the backgrounds should vary more. The personal pics on the invite looks bad!!!!

chumleys
12/2/16

Due to evite's unclear and poorly designed presentation, 75% of invited 40 guests on list did not reply, even after a second follow up evite, due to following issues: 1) received evite, scanned email heading, but did not understand to open further; 2) opened and Viewed Invitation heading design, but did unclear as to go further 3 ) opened and Viewed Invitation heading design, but did not understand to scroll down to reply ; nor did not open Message from Host; nor did not reply to RSVP ; nor leave message. Also, as soon as evite is opened, recipients are bombarded with loud ads popping up. If you're in an office setting the first reaction is to simply DELETE.
Absolutely terrible design structure, obviously when so many people have difficulty responding there is a major flaw and basic defect in the entire planning on this system. DO NOT USE if you want to save yourself from major frustration! You'll end up making phone calls at the 11th hour to most everyone on your list.

sallys65
9/8/16

If you send a message to all your guests it puts everything in to one LONG sentence. I spent time making my message nice and for what? It's absolutely ridiculous and very hard to read. Also, if you try to do certain things on the app it shuts off. NOT recommended.

th6059
6/14/16

Thanks for rejecting the gift card purchase. We live in Germany, all purchases we make online go to our U.S. military address. This was a gift for someone moving to the U.S. next week. After reading your reviews maybe it was a favor.

karenb205
5/30/16

I sent out an invitation to a dinner party. To my horror, Evite added a link to be clicked saying "send a gift immediately." Apparently, Evite has a commercial arrangement for a gift sending website and they attached this advertisement to my invitation without my permission. Myy family alerted me to this problem. I had to send out a second email saying no gifts please. Invitations to parties should NEVER imply or suggest that gifts should be sent. What a disaster. Never using them again.

marcellep1
11/27/15

I used evite to send invitations to a party, imported my contact list, and nothing happened! I subsequently sent out emails as it was too late for snail mail. Guess who now has access to my contact list and is notifying me that an invitation has been sent? I don't know what the game is but I have notified my contacts to block evite and I have notified evite to not send any advertisements to my contacts. This was a fiasco!!!

amj8
10/15/15

why do I have to pay for a valid email address that this site cant reach? I will not be using this site again...

jasonj38
4/13/15

I've been a user of Evite for a decade. But a recent experience caused me to move to another service. Basically, Evite caused me to stare at large images of the evite card options along with advertising. It's not so much the ads, its more the tedious process of moving forward to see more options. I was seeing maybe six to a page. I want to scroll through the options, not click forward and see only a few at a time. I know what I am looking for and I want to quickly click through. Couldn't do that on Evite and just grew very fatigued very quickly. Like when I go to Shutterlfy or Tinyprints for holiday cards, I can scroll through many options. On Evite it is very different, I could barely see more than 4 to a page plus a big banner ad in the middle. Also the top of the Evite screen would lock to further reduce real estate.

Found another site which actually had some slick features, so it worked out.

Tip for consumers: Try it out, if you like it, it's still a good service. But there are others out there.

eb362
7/13/14

My Fiancee and I used E-Vite to mail out wedding invitations. We found this product to be very poor because of the following;

1/ we found that a number of people whos email addresses were correct, and correctly uploaded into the site never received the invitation.
2/ there is no facility to attempt to resend an invitation that the site thinks has already been sent (i.e. an invited guests tells you that they didnt receive any invitation)
3/ people who received our invitation told us that the center-justified text of our invitation was shifted right so that it was partially cut off. We checked our proof, and everything was OK. I mean "come on people" .... whats the most basic thing that an EVite should get right???? .... answer: basic, basic formatting!
4/ support is crap. they just send a form email back that says they're sorry for any inconvenience.
5/ this site doesnt resend invitations to delinquent invitees who have fogotten to RSVP by a certain date. This translates into you chasing people yourself. What did you pay Evite for?
6/ after you have responses from guests .... there is a process for compiling and extracting the respondents info. However, a lot of necessary info is not compiled. For a wedding, the invitations need to allow compiling of various things .... such as; whos having which meal. ,,,"roast chicken or prime rib". The product falls short of what it could be.

You can do a lot (I mean a lot) better building your own invititation attachment, and emailing to your friends using your own email. At the end of the day, this product doesn't help muc

EB

stephanien3
4/21/14

Easy way to send out invitations and keep track of the RSVPs. Cute designs.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

$12.00 for premium but there may be add ons for RSVP (unclear) . Free for non premium.

By Janice F.

Questions? Get answers from the Evite staff and other customers.

Evite?