ECOS Paints

ECOS Paints has a consumer rating of 4.56 stars from 55 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with ECOS Paints most frequently mention customer service and high quality. ECOS Paints ranks 3rd among Painting sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 11 hours

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 87.5%

• I came across this product after applying a floor paint to my concrete basement floor in my den.
  • Though we scraped what we could, we were unsure if 1 gallon could do the job.

• I actually sent an email to customer service and they explained that with this yellow color, primer was a necessity.
How would you rate ECOS Paints?

“Awesome”

Denise M.
4/29/20

They do not know yet that it is chalkboard paint. Looks great huh... Only used a half gallon very easy to clean up. Love it will use them again.

“Good but expensive- a tad disappointing”

Shannon S.
2/11/21

My very first order arrived a mess. One of the metal tabs was halfway off the lid, so quite a bit of paint had leaked out and created a mess. Some had even leaked through the box and dried on our wood floors. I reached out to customer service and they said they would contact UPS... but that's it. At $70 for a gallon of paint, I expected something more to be done. Perhaps offer to send a free pint to make up for the wasted product, or a coupon, something! Paint itself was good (lullaby white matte) though I will need to do a second coat, but I'm hesitant to buy another gallon...

customer service (4) floor paint (2) 1 gallon (3)
denisem717
April 29th, 2020

They do not know yet that it is chalkboard paint.

beckyl137
January 7th, 2021
Verified purchase

I wanted a non toxic stain for the floating shelf my dad is building me. I was happy to find this company but when my dad opened the lid and put the stain on a piece of tester wood, it came out looking like whiteish/pinkish paint! Not like stain at all. I will be returning this product and hope to get a full refund.

ECOS P. – ECOS Paints Rep

Dear Becky,

Thank you for contacting us.
We are sorry that you had an issue with the stain.
It is not possible to see the "pinkish" color from the photo, but the opacity of the stain comes from it being applied too heavily.
The Pickling White color is used to age the wood, making it look a little bleached.
However, if you apply too much of the stain, it is possible to turn the wood completely white.
We hope that this helps.

Happy Painting!
Your ECOS Team

janism87
July 8th, 2020

I received the polyurethane quickly and it was well packaged but it is very difficult to work with, it does not self level shows brush strokes and the semi gloss has a satin finish, I had to sand it off and use minwax instead. So disappointed, especially since I have refinishing to do in my house and hate wearing a gas mask.

michelinal1
April 4th, 2020

I would never buy from any other paint company. Their paints are so high quality and the light lavender color I used went over NEON blue in less than 2 coats, without a primer! Highly recommend as an interior designer.

Primer, eggshell interior paint in colors Quiet Peace and Genevieve

joeh924
July 23rd, 2020

We decided to refinish our floor with Ecos Paint stain and glossy finish. Came out wonderfully and zero oders or fumes. Thanks so much!

robertov47
July 5th, 2020

Our project in south Texas,
We found out that the company closed out because of the pandemia. A week later we received an email that they back on business. We received our order, plus extra needed paint. Ím very thankful with your customer service.
Thank you!
Roberto C Valencia

cynthiac1225
January 15th, 2021
Verified purchase

The paint is high quality and very low odor. I am not ultra sensitive to smells/chemicals but 1) I care about environmental health and my toddler's health and 2) the experience of painting is SO much better when you aren't inhaling fumes for hours or even days. I have ordered about 6 gallons of paint so far. One of them was mixed incorrectly and the customer service was fabulous. They even have an after hours answering service and responded to my email within hours. They overnighted a corrected paint gallon at no charge.

Tip for consumers:
If you are painting white you might need more coats than they recommend even if you use primer.

shannons783
February 11th, 2021

Tip for consumers:
Make sure you order enough paint for two coats

Lullaby matte paint white

pamelap443
May 7th, 2020

The paint arrived exactly as planned. Customer service was great in answering questions i had. I searched for a very long time for paint for our chicken coop being completely new to raising chickens. After all the energy and work we put into our 6 chicks I did not want them to die from pecking off peeling paint. I will let you know how it turns out.

kaylay18
June 19th, 2020

I've been searching for the perfect non-toxic sealer I could use on the fuax rock hides I was making for my two leopard geckos. Every sealer I found was toxic, till I found eco paints. I love how eco friendly and non-toxic the sealer is. The packaging was very secure, I was surprised. I'll be a eco paints customer for life.

ireneo31
December 20th, 2020

So we friended a half feral cat during the pandemic and when the weather got cold decided to build him a little home of his own in our backyard. We wanted a weather proof paint that wasn't harmful for animals. I chose the color singing in the rain and it beautifully blends into the Brooklyn concrete jungle. Paint dried faster than promised. We did two layers. Photo is after first layer. Nice consistency and very slight smell that reminded me of watercolors. Not strong at all. Overall excellent product. We were a bit hesitant for the price but then again I'm all for buying quality products that are ethically made. This ticks all the boxes.

elizabethr719
June 19th, 2020

We made a kids play/art table for our playroom. Loved the color and it was easy to apply. We feel very safe and confident putting this in our son's playroom knowing the ingredients are safe.

mayw28
June 5th, 2020

I purchased a gallon of air purifier vanish and a quart of pickling white stain. To my surprise, the gallon of vanish arrived in 2 days! I have finished half of my kitchen cabinet fronts. The result is very pleasing to me as an amateur with stain and vanish. Will definitely recommend to anyone who is interested in buying product s from Ecospaint!

brittanyp192
February 20th, 2021

Parrots love to explore with their beaks- and restoring an old cage with a lot of surface rust was already nerve wracking without considering how toxic paint could be. Rust was scary enough! But after removing that the cost of the paint was still well worth it. Despite painting indoors due to the winter weather, there was no smell but it is durable and looks fantastic. I haven't actually had much issue with chipping and it dries pretty fast which is nice. A quart of primer and two colors went a long way... even with several coats. Thank you for giving me peace of mind that my parrot enclosure is as safe as I can possibly make it! I attached a photo without the main doors on. And a stock photo of the type of paint I used. Shipping was fast and the paint was well insulated and protected from damage.

Tip for consumers:
Under the 'paints' tab, there are multiple selections for your needs... including pet specific paints which I found to be immediately helpful. Color selection was really fun and easy too. I recommend starting with type of paint and moving from there! But if you start with selecting color first on the color tab, it'll give you a list of paints to pick from and a very brief summary so that way is also very easy.

Products used:
Pet Dwelling Primer, Pet Dwelling Paint (White), Pet Dwelling Paint (Teal)

deeannc3
November 11th, 2020

Glad I found Ecos paint! Peace of mind knowing it's safe for the whole family including the kitties. Fast shipping! Would definitely recommend this to friends and family. Thank you!

susannej17
August 20th, 2020

The products are odor free. We used the stain and varnish on a DIY vent hood. The application was easy. We are truly amazed! We applied one single coat of stain "Fallen Leaves" and one coat of satin varnish. We are going to install new floors, and we are definitely going to use ECOS Products.

carriej82
November 3rd, 2020

I have used many eco friendly products before but this one is exceptional. It stirs without clumping it glides on when painting and it dries significantly quickly. Thanks I cannot wait to use the floor paint!

jacquelyneh
June 16th, 2020

I wanted to patch up my midwest deluxe critter nation cage. I used their pet friendly paint. They helped me find a paint that was close enough it wouldn't stand out and shipped it to me in a reasonable amount of time. Would buy from them again.

conniep160
June 12th, 2020

Whether I'm ordering paint by the gallon, or samples to try for my next project, everything is exactly as ordered, well shipped, and all done by ECOS courteous and professional staff. Thank you very much!

margaretc730
November 25th, 2020

My experience with ecos paint was exceptional. I followed up with a call after ordering. The response was within minutes. I called again before my delivery came and again the response in a phone call back very prompt. I even received several e-mails to follow up to ask if I received my purchase. Thank you Ecos. For all your help. Margaret.

laurenb470
August 27th, 2020

I had to add another can of paint to my order by phone. The staff member handling this change did it perfecrtly. Of course I am so grateful this company exists and their products create a beautiful home.

nanettef6
April 5th, 2020

I bought from this company bc my daughter has health concerns and has MCS. We painted her new room cement floor with their cement paint. We choose a lovely yellow. I am very pleased. A second coat, as recommended, will be best so I'll do that today. The good news is, light odor while painting, then pretty much odor free after drying. My daughter was in the room several days later and had no negative reaction. I'll buy from them again. Additionally, MyChemicalFreeHouse recommended as their #1 pick, and that's what lead me to this company. Yay for companies that care about environmental toxicity and are making a difference!

diannao7
April 27th, 2020

Got my paint chips right away. Love the selection of colors. I'll be purchasing two different colors for an upcoming project. I will be ordering the paint next month. Thank you!

gailw221
May 19th, 2020

I just can't match a wall cover I have to the colors you show on your webpage. I know it's very hard to do that because both the monitor I have and the colors you show don't even come close. I'm at a loss here. I want to order paint from you but out of all the swatches I ordered, none of them are even close. I tried to take a picture of the wall but it doesn't even look like the color it really is. Any suggestions? The wall color shows a lot of yellow or gold.

ECOS P. – ECOS Paints Rep

Hi Gail,

The easiest way to match the color would be to find the same color paint chip from a local company, or cut a similar color from a magazine so that you have something to send us.
We will be able to match that color in our ECOS Paint.

Happy Painting!
Your ECOS Team

catherines342
April 16th, 2020

Received the paint that I ordered fast and safe. Packed really good. I have not started my project yet. Waiting for the weather to warm up so I can paint the baby furniture in my shop. Keeping the paint in the house to keep it at a nice temperature per instructions.

Questions? Get answers from the ECOS Paints staff and other customers.

ECOS P.
Typically responds within 11 hours

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ECOS Paints?

Have a question about ECOS Paints?