ECOS Paints

ECOS Paints has a consumer rating of 4.38 stars from 68 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with ECOS Paints most frequently mention high quality. ECOS Paints ranks 4th among Painting sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 74.1%

• I came across this product after applying a floor paint to my concrete basement floor in my den.
  • Though we scraped what we could, we were unsure if 1 gallon could do the job.

• I actually sent an email to customer service and they explained that with this yellow color, primer was a necessity.
How would you rate ECOS Paints?

“Great Birdcage paint”

James R.
7/28/21

Just adopted am umbrella cockatoo from a rescue and picked up a second hand cage that had some rust. Wanted to make sure that the paint I got for the cage was plenty safe and didn't want to spend a lot on repowdercoating. The rescue didn't know if ANY cage safe paints until I found this and submitted it to them. So a big thank you from Rhode Island Parrot Rescue as well!

“Good but expensive- a tad disappointing”

Shannon S.
2/11/21

My very first order arrived a mess. One of the metal tabs was halfway off the lid, so quite a bit of paint had leaked out and created a mess. Some had even leaked through the box and dried on our wood floors. I reached out to customer service and they said they would contact UPS... but that's it. At $70 for a gallon of paint, I expected something more to be done. Perhaps offer to send a free pint to make up for the wasted product, or a coupon, something! Paint itself was good (lullaby white matte) though I will need to do a second coat, but I'm hesitant to buy another gallon...

customer service (4) floor paint (2) 1 gallon (3)
jamesr2708
July 28th, 2021

Tip for consumers:
So times may vary. I live in Massachusetts and ships from SC so it arrived to me very quickly. Also the paint is very pricey but definitely worth it for the assurance of your pet's health.

Paint

beckyl137
January 7th, 2021
Verified purchase

I wanted a non toxic stain for the floating shelf my dad is building me. I was happy to find this company but when my dad opened the lid and put the stain on a piece of tester wood, it came out looking like whiteish/pinkish paint! Not like stain at all. I will be returning this product and hope to get a full refund.

ECOS P. – ECOS Paints Rep

Dear Becky,

Thank you for contacting us.
We are sorry that you had an issue with the stain.
It is not possible to see the "pinkish" color from the photo, but the opacity of the stain comes from it being applied too heavily.
The Pickling White color is used to age the wood, making it look a little bleached.
However, if you apply too much of the stain, it is possible to turn the wood completely white.
We hope that this helps.

Happy Painting!
Your ECOS Team

denisem717
April 29th, 2020

They do not know yet that it is chalkboard paint.
Looks great huh... Only used a half gallon very easy to clean up. Love it will use them again.

chrisj853
June 8th, 2021
Verified purchase

I am delighted with my first experience with Ecos paints! They were one of the few eco-friendly paint sellers I could find online that would ship, and from sending free paint card samples to reasonably priced 2oz testers to quickly shipping a larger amount of the paint I chose, the process was easy and exactly what I needed. And the paint is great! No awful paint smells, went on great, and it's totally transformed my space!

Sugar Dust wall paint

shannons783
February 11th, 2021

Tip for consumers:
Make sure you order enough paint for two coats

Lullaby matte paint white

michelinal1
April 4th, 2020

I would never buy from any other paint company. Their paints are so high quality and the light lavender color I used went over NEON blue in less than 2 coats, without a primer! Highly recommend as an interior designer.

Primer, eggshell interior paint in colors Quiet Peace and Genevieve

joeh924
July 23rd, 2020

We decided to refinish our floor with Ecos Paint stain and glossy finish. Came out wonderfully and zero oders or fumes. Thanks so much!

alicem497
April 21st, 2021

Seems it sat on a shelf pre mixed. Very thin and watery. Bought better paint at Walmart. Don't waste your money or time

Buy some place else

Vinyl paint

robertov47
July 5th, 2020

Our project in south Texas,
We found out that the company closed out because of the pandemia. A week later we received an email that they back on business. We received our order, plus extra needed paint. Ím very thankful with your customer service.
Thank you!
Roberto C Valencia

cynthiac1225
January 15th, 2021
Verified purchase

The paint is high quality and very low odor. I am not ultra sensitive to smells/chemicals but 1) I care about environmental health and my toddler's health and 2) the experience of painting is SO much better when you aren't inhaling fumes for hours or even days. I have ordered about 6 gallons of paint so far. One of them was mixed incorrectly and the customer service was fabulous. They even have an after hours answering service and responded to my email within hours. They overnighted a corrected paint gallon at no charge.

Tip for consumers:
If you are painting white you might need more coats than they recommend even if you use primer.

shazmaa1
March 21st, 2021

I placed an order for over $500 worth of wood stain. Unfortunately, I accidentally ordered the wrong color. I contacted customer service PRIOR to the shipment of my stain to see if they could exchange it out since it hadn't shipped yet. The customer service rep on the chat asked that I email instead since he didn't have access to the orders. I told him I was afraid that if I waited on an email response that it would be too late. He apologized and said there was nothing he could do. And of course, coincidentally I got an email stating that my order shipped out two hours after I contacted the company at 8:00 pm CST. Each time I've contacted customer service they are very uninterested and unhelpful. The paint product is great but I have nothing nice to say about their customer service. Be extremely careful when placing your order- they will make no effort to help you out.

Tip for consumers:
Don’t rely on customer service for any assistance

Wood stain and primer

ECOS P. – ECOS Paints Rep

Good Afternoon Shazma,

Thank you for your review.
We are sorry that there was an issue with the shipping but, unfortunately, your order had already been picked up by UPS before you emailed us requesting the change.
Your email was sent on Monday 3/15/21 at 7:48pm EST, but UPS had already picked up your order from our premises earlier that day - at 3:50pm.
We are not open at 10:00pm EST and UPS does not pick up at that time of night.
Whenever possible we do try to accommodate customer changes, but we are not always able to do so.
We are sorry for the inconvenience, but are pleased to hear that you liked the product.

Kind regards,
Your ECOS Team

pamelap443
May 7th, 2020

The paint arrived exactly as planned. Customer service was great in answering questions i had. I searched for a very long time for paint for our chicken coop being completely new to raising chickens. After all the energy and work we put into our 6 chicks I did not want them to die from pecking off peeling paint. I will let you know how it turns out.

kaylay18
June 19th, 2020

I've been searching for the perfect non-toxic sealer I could use on the fuax rock hides I was making for my two leopard geckos. Every sealer I found was toxic, till I found eco paints. I love how eco friendly and non-toxic the sealer is. The packaging was very secure, I was surprised. I'll be a eco paints customer for life.

janism87
July 8th, 2020

I received the polyurethane quickly and it was well packaged but it is very difficult to work with, it does not self level shows brush strokes and the semi gloss has a satin finish, I had to sand it off and use minwax instead. So disappointed, especially since I have refinishing to do in my house and hate wearing a gas mask.

ireneo31
December 20th, 2020

So we friended a half feral cat during the pandemic and when the weather got cold decided to build him a little home of his own in our backyard. We wanted a weather proof paint that wasn't harmful for animals. I chose the color singing in the rain and it beautifully blends into the Brooklyn concrete jungle. Paint dried faster than promised. We did two layers. Photo is after first layer. Nice consistency and very slight smell that reminded me of watercolors. Not strong at all. Overall excellent product. We were a bit hesitant for the price but then again I'm all for buying quality products that are ethically made. This ticks all the boxes.

billyg141
June 3rd, 2021

I had high hopes for this product after reading the site claims and customer reviews. Both of my son's rooms face a water tower that has had several transmitters installed up top. I'm assuming the usual suspects (TMobile, Verizon, AT&T, etc). Bought a Trifield meter and the readings were around 9-17 mW/m2 nearest the wall and around 2-3 mW/m2 near their beds. I tried using aluminum foil and it worked very well, but obviously the aesthetics prohibited it from staying up. I found this company and applied 3 coats to the affected walls in my youngest son's room. I also installed the grounding kit they sell as well. After each coat of paint I measured the RF and there was no change in the readings. Even after 3 coats of paint! I contacted customer support and explained my situation. Here is Julian Crawford's response "The emissions must be outside the range of the EMR Shielding Paint - either from their source/location, or their nature. The nickel will not change in its performance, it is a metal with defined properties. Its ability to inhibit EMR signals is detailed on the data sheets. I am sorry if the results were not in keeping with your wishes."

I am not an EMR expert. I am just a dad worried about any adverse health affects on my kids and have a loose grasp on all the technical details involved with protecting us from all of the EMR/EMF/RF energies penetrating us 24/7. I took a gamble on the legitimacy of this product's claims to shield from all of this junk and was basically told afterwards that I should've read the data sheets to know that it doesn't work. Please learn from my experience and invest your hard earned money elsewhere. This company does not stand behind it's product and is taking advantage of the average consumer desperate to protect themselves and their loved ones.

elizabethr719
June 19th, 2020

We made a kids play/art table for our playroom. Loved the color and it was easy to apply. We feel very safe and confident putting this in our son's playroom knowing the ingredients are safe.

mayw28
June 5th, 2020

I purchased a gallon of air purifier vanish and a quart of pickling white stain. To my surprise, the gallon of vanish arrived in 2 days! I have finished half of my kitchen cabinet fronts. The result is very pleasing to me as an amateur with stain and vanish. Will definitely recommend to anyone who is interested in buying product s from Ecospaint!

brittanyp192
February 20th, 2021

Parrots love to explore with their beaks- and restoring an old cage with a lot of surface rust was already nerve wracking without considering how toxic paint could be. Rust was scary enough! But after removing that the cost of the paint was still well worth it. Despite painting indoors due to the winter weather, there was no smell but it is durable and looks fantastic. I haven't actually had much issue with chipping and it dries pretty fast which is nice. A quart of primer and two colors went a long way... even with several coats. Thank you for giving me peace of mind that my parrot enclosure is as safe as I can possibly make it! I attached a photo without the main doors on. And a stock photo of the type of paint I used. Shipping was fast and the paint was well insulated and protected from damage.

Tip for consumers:
Under the 'paints' tab, there are multiple selections for your needs... including pet specific paints which I found to be immediately helpful. Color selection was really fun and easy too. I recommend starting with type of paint and moving from there! But if you start with selecting color first on the color tab, it'll give you a list of paints to pick from and a very brief summary so that way is also very easy.

Products used:
Pet Dwelling Primer, Pet Dwelling Paint (White), Pet Dwelling Paint (Teal)

dawnf231
October 15th, 2021

I ordered 2 gallons of the Ecos Radiator paint. Even though it's expensive,? I thought I was doing the wise thing, as this paint is specifically for radiators. I began with a radiator that already looked pretty good. There was no loose paint & no rust on the radiator before I began. After carefully painting the radiator for 2 hours, I stepped back to admire my work & I saw that some rust spots had appeared freckled across much of the surface! I couldn't believe it! I decided to let it dry & then check in it then: when I checked on it 2 days later, not only was there rent over probably 50% of it, a great deal of it was flaking away! What on Earth! I kept my fingers crossed that another coat would cover the rust, even though the coat I had just completed should've been the last coat. I began the next coat by scraping the flaking paint off which, again, was not something I had had to do in the beginning. Afterward, I spent several hours carefully re-painting the radiator. Almost immediately, when I finished an area, rust would pop out through the coat of paint! This happened all over the radiator again! So now, after many hours of work, I have a radiator in worse shape than it was before & 2 gallons of hugely expensive Ecos Radiator Paint. What a waste! Of money & time! Now I need to order another kind of radiator paint & start all over again. Ugh!

Do not buy this paint!

Radiator Paint

deeannc3
November 11th, 2020

Glad I found Ecos paint! Peace of mind knowing it's safe for the whole family including the kitties. Fast shipping! Would definitely recommend this to friends and family. Thank you!

susannej17
August 20th, 2020

The products are odor free. We used the stain and varnish on a DIY vent hood. The application was easy. We are truly amazed! We applied one single coat of stain "Fallen Leaves" and one coat of satin varnish. We are going to install new floors, and we are definitely going to use ECOS Products.

vincyw
May 15th, 2020

I love the product just had to wait too long for the standard shipping for which paid $9.99
Will buy again

carlys112
September 28th, 2021

Fast shipping and great product! Painted my baby's room and she slept in it that night! No worrisome fumes!

carriej82
November 3rd, 2020

I have used many eco friendly products before but this one is exceptional. It stirs without clumping it glides on when painting and it dries significantly quickly. Thanks I cannot wait to use the floor paint!

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the ECOS Paints staff and other customers.

ECOS P.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ECOS Paints?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

4.4
Have a question about ECOS Paints?