EBGames

EBGames has a consumer rating of 3 stars from 2 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. EBGames also ranks 161st among Games sites.

How would you rate EBGames?

“No longer worth the time or money.”

James A.
8/21/18

Overall rating is now down to 1 star for a couple reasons. The 1 store I'd gone the most, in Whitby on Thickson has had another complete turnover of staff, the 8th in the past year and the new staff is now actively lying to the customers and talking $h!t about people behind their backs. Was in a month ago & a father was there with his son, he'd bought his son a gaming headset that immediately broke down and damage the port it plugs into as well, not once but twice and the staff flat out lied to him & treated them like criminals. But that's not all, the problem with my edge card membership they took a month to reply over that and now their corporate reply is to move the goalposts yet again so that I have to spend piles more money for a less than $5 annual savings. That's something that's gone on for years and they're still doing to thousands of people knowing that most won't pay much attention. In fact they've upped the ante and have their "ONYX" membership that requires $6000 to $12000 in annual purchases. But it sure as hell doesn't provide that level of value, not even close which if you think about it is the cost of a decent used car spent on what is ultimately nothing more than toys and games. Fact is I can get anything they sell elsewhere and I've already started doing just that.

keithh31
April 4th, 2014
jamesa518
August 21st, 2018
• Updated review
Sometimes good but far from perfect
July 24th, 2018
• Previous review
Quality of service does vary pretty wildly between stores. The store at the peterborough mall did put the wrong game in the case last time I was there but the other peterborough location is much better and helpful. Best for me is the Whitby location. Selection is decent & staff there actually puts in a good effort in what they do.
UPDATE: today they cut off my edge platinum loyalty card down from platinum status despite the fact I had enough points to maintain that level as of 3 weeks ago and they took those points to do so two weeks ago so they lost a star there for sure. It's a meaningless cash grab as now they're demanding a $15 fee to restore my previous status when they're "rewards" card only saved me $2-$3 in the past 2 years.

Questions? Get answers from the EBGames staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about EBGames?

Have a question about EBGames?