DumpStars.ca

DumpStars.ca has a consumer rating of 1.62 stars from 13 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. DumpStars.ca also ranks 10th among Waste Disposal sites.

No positive highlights yet

• I lost almost $490 and I had to cancel my credit card too, to avoid any more losses in the future by the same company.
How would you rate DumpStars.ca?

“Great service”

Bronte P.
10/26/14

Great service. Bin arrived on time. No hassles. Even allowed me to put bagged drywall in at no extra charge.

“NEVER HIRE”

Aaron D.
6/22/18

Paid for 5 days, only had the dumpster for 3.5. Owner was incredibly rude when discussing over the phone. Would recommend hiring ANYONE else.

credit card (4)
aarond71
June 22nd, 2018
leeg98
March 7th, 2018
MASSIVE FRAUD like other reviews. Avoid at all costs. How are they still in business. Feel foolish for being tricked!
madeleinem7
April 13th, 2018
I e-transferred the amount of the bin rental to get my bin on time. Never got the bin because of snow. I said fine but please send me my refund. Needless to say it has now been 3 MONTHS and still nothing. NEVER WORK WITH THIS COMPANY! I wish I saw this website sooner!
*EDIT- Finally got my refund today. Still not impressed. I would not have been this upset if they actually refunded me the first couple times I asked. You should never have to chase down a company to refund you, what is rightfully yours. Hopefully this doesnt happen again.
johnm445
March 26th, 2015
Similar story as Joseph, they overcharged me and did not want to show me the waybill that the bin was actually overweight, was told by the owner Chris that they do not provide the weight scale and I should just trust them because they've been in business for 10 years. I had to go through my credit card to reverse the charges. Avoid them at all costs.
johns926
July 10th, 2015
familiar story...over-billed on my credit card and promised to refund with a credit never materializing...lots of excuses...don't wait and take Chris at his word...call your credit card company sooner rather than later to dispute and get your money back...or at least a portion of what you're owed.
Thumbs DOWN to Dumpstars operating in the Vancouver BC/Lower Mainland area.
Good Luck!
paulg80
June 24th, 2015
Just like the other reviewers, I was double charged and given a million excuses for my delayed payment; "your cheque is in the mail", "paypal has been experiencing failures", "I'll drop off a cheque later today (probably a dozen times)", "I just sent you an e-transfer, haven't you recieved it yet?" I lost $1150 thanks to Chris, and he strung me along for just long enough that I can't dispute my charges with visa anymore. Don't be patient with this guy, demand your money back immediately and then call your credit company the next day!
brontep
October 26th, 2014
jeffc59
February 26th, 2015
$149.95 for any size Bin. Then $96/ton.
Great price and th service was impeccable
janc40
April 27th, 2015
Got two charges from Dumpstars months after we used their services. Chris seemed very nice when I told him about it and promised to reverse the charges right away, but after 4 calls and 2 emails with no results, we had to give it to the fraud department at Mastercard to handle. Very disappointing.
stephenh139
September 20th, 2017
This garbage company charge my master card 1000 for nothing. Capital One trust them not me and damage my credit rating. NEVER TRUST THIS LOW RANK AND NO EDUCATION PEOPLE. THE DUMPSTER.
tasr
July 28th, 2015
This company is fraudulent, all the bad reviews on this website are so accurate of what happened with me as well. Over charged and promised to refund but it's been over a month of promises but no money yet. This company should not be allowed to operate, I will be making a complaint with the right authorities for sure.
alexe31
September 28th, 2014
Avoid this company. I was billed twice and they drag their feet to correct the problem.
They will acknowledge their mistake but they will not correct it. Hoping everyone will sooner or later give up and bite the losses. I lost almost $490 and I had to cancel my credit card too, to avoid any more losses in the future by the same company.
Check the BBB site for more details.
You're warned.
ianl17
October 25th, 2014
Avoid this company!!! I had the same experience as the other reviewer. Overcharged me, and dragged their feet to reimburse me. Chris Gallo the owner said he would reimburse me, and then gave me endless stories similar to "the cheque is in the mail." Never did reimburse me. In the end I had to dispute the charges through my credit card company. Before I realized that I was overcharged, I unfortunately gave their number to my friend who was looking for a dumpster bin. In the end they also had the same problem and had to call their Visa company.

Tip for consumers: Buyer beware!!!!

Questions? Get answers from the DumpStars.ca staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DumpStars.ca?

Have a question about DumpStars.ca?