driveJohnsons

driveJohnsons has a consumer rating of 3.1 stars from 40 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. driveJohnsons ranks 22nd among Driving Schools sites.

No positive highlights yet

• My previous instructor was great from that company, but I had lost his contact details so couldn't resume with him.
  • Arranged for Saturday lesson and to book a block of 10 lessons.
How would you rate driveJohnsons?

“Best Driving School”

Abbie P.
3/18/20

DriveJohnson's have been fantastic from start to finish. Their bookings process is simple and easy, the staff on the phones are really friendly and happy to answer any questions you have. I was allocated a brilliant instructor who explained things thoroughly and made lessons enjoyable. If you want to learn to drive, don't look anywhere else.

“Are these 5 star ratings real?”

michael F.
9/12/20

Not sure about these 5 star ratings. My experience with this company has been pretty much the same as the other 16x negative reviews. Booking goes through fine. Then all of a sudden, the lesson is cancelled at the last minute. Trying to arrange a new lesson is almost impossible, due to them "experiencing a lot of calls" (I call b. S.). And therefore the chances of getting my money back is even more remote. I would avoid this company like the AIDS virus!

instructor (28) 10 lessons (3)
michaelf1958
September 12th, 2020

cb554
March 16th, 2020

Leighton Buzzard - instructor Mark

Got to test and randomly charged extra right at the last minute. Went back to driveJohnsons - not interested. Very poor.

ianal
May 7th, 2021

OK I am not really a person who complain but that is over everything! First of all they offered me to refund my money but already 3 weeks no money! I tried to call many times they always say I will call you back ( Sara, Lisa, etc) and never call! They couldn't find a driver for me and offered me refund it is not my fault. If so give me my money back, I don't understand what is problem with this company, the service is below everything, I am really angry and nobody even trying to help me.

abbiep14
March 18th, 2020

alfieg6
May 5th, 2020

Thank you so much to drivejohnsons and my instructor Mark. From making my first booking with the office to passing my test it was easy, fun and informative. Soooo happy i can now drive and Mark was literally the best instructor i could have asked for. Would recommend anyone wanting to learn to use these guys.

emmah297
April 16th, 2020

I started learning to drive with driveJohnson's driving school at the start of the year and could not be happier with the service I received. As a key worker, I was able to continue with my driving lessons and still take my test as planned. They did everything they could to make the process as stress free as possible. My instructor was extremely thorough in cleaning the car before and after lessons and I felt very safe. Getting to work has been a nightmare recently so finally having a licence will make things a lot easier for me. Thank you driveJohnson's!

ap362
February 29th, 2020

I booked for my sons birthday. Instructor did not show up. When I called head office they contacted her and she said she had been outside the house ( Blatant lie) Office staff very apologetic and rebooked for another instructor a week later. He actually turned up and lesson was ok. However for 10 days since then I'm trying to book another and it's impossible. He is refusing to give me one hour slots and the next lesson is 2 weeks away at not a convenient time. This would have been a month since the first lesson was scheduled. Awful service and not acceptable. I will have to try elsewhere as this whole experience has left a bitter taste in my mouth

melissae145
January 7th, 2020

TOTALLY UNRELIABLE DRIVING INSTRUCTOR! THE COMPANY DOESN'T KNOW WHO WORKS FOR THEM OR WHO THEY EMPLOY, LACK OF PROFESSIONALISM! THEY WILL STRING YOU ALONG FOR 30+ LESSONS AND THEN ONCE YOU BOOK YOUR TEST THEY DROP YOU BEING VERY ARROGANT AND RUDE THINKING THEY KNOW BEST LEAVING YOU WITH NO CAR OR INSTRUCTOR. THE COMPANY DOESN'T HAVE THE INSTRUCTOR ON THEIR SYSTEM AND ARE UTTER USELESS WHEN DEALING WITH COMPLAINTS. THE INSTRUCTOR ISNT WHO HE SAYS HE IS! WOULD NOT RECOMMEND, STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

kayn49
January 28th, 2020

Honestly it's been the worst experience I wanted to change my transmission from Manuel to Auto and upon doing so asked if I had to contact my instructor was told no and that everything would be handled on their end. They informed me the process would take 24-48hrs but nearly two weeks later I am having to chase them up only to be told that I've lost 2hours as I didn't cancel my future lessons with the instructor. This was no fault of mine and they proceed to take my money and refused to refund me for the outstanding lessons as I'd prefer to go somewhere that actually takes ownership when a staff member gives wrong information. Be careful when booking with them and make sure they tell you all required information as they seem to pick and choose what's relevant to fit their agenda.

connorh51
April 16th, 2020

Managed to pass last month, Was given a great instructor who picked up what I wasn't the best on and worked on that! Very helpful and helped me secure an earlier test despite saying it could of been in April which would of been cancelled now.

sadafh
November 13th, 2019

Unprofessional, they steal your money, drivers waste your time, cancel lessons, dont show up etc. Admin are equally as useless (although some are fairly nice, but no one actually solves your problem). Avoid. I learnt relatively little and my driver bailed on me and stopped teaching about less than 2 weeks before my test :)

darcyw29
May 5th, 2020

I never write reviews but I fell that my instructor definitely needs this review. Im a first time learner so I was sooo nervous but honestly my instructor calmed me down and helped me with everything. All the questions I had he answered in such a professional manor (I had like sooo many questions) but he didnt even care. I am 29 so I needed to sort my self out before it was too late. Im so thankful to my instructor with out this company I would still be getting smelly buses. Thank you Drive Johnson's I wouldnt of dont it with out you.

litart
May 4th, 2021

Had my first driving lesson booked for 2pm on 14th April- had a call from the DJ team at around 11 on the day to which I answered and they put the phone down straight away tried to contact back via email and call no answer contacted instructor also no answer so waiting to 2pm cause I wasn't sure what was going on, instructor never turned up so I called DJ again finally got through, they tell me instructor wasn't feeling well and had to cancel and they will contact me within 2 working days - which I understood especially during Covid times, but no 0 contact. I waiting over a week, then decided to call back as it was getting ridiculous- called back lady apologised and rebooked me for 10 May- almost a month later, which I thought okay, there's probably a back up of bookings and accepted...

4th May I called back as I've been checking my the app daily, lesson still said unconfirmed. Lady on the phone say lesson was declined because I was too far, gave no explanation whatsoever as to why I was not contacted earlier, absolutely terrible - would never recommend to anyone, pay that little extra and go with AA or Red. What an absolutely waste of time and energy I am the paying customer, I should not be the one chasing for a product I have paid for.

Products used:
Nothing

brauliot
August 28th, 2020

I booked 10 lessons starting Friday.the driver did not arrive. I called to find out the issue? I was told by the receptionist "Lauren"that I am wrong and cancel if I want! The nastiest attitude ever! DONT GO THERE. BSM IS MUCH BETTER.

cynthiab344
June 7th, 2019

I had booked a driving lesson over the phone, got a text confirmation and the driver didn't turn up. I rang to make a complaint no one has got back to me. I called again and was given another appointment and a confirmed text, the next day the instructor cancelled the appointment said he was fully booked. A very poor service all round.

pauls1129
March 25th, 2019

Didn't even bother to turn up for first leason and made excuse he wrote it down for wrong day despite booking weeks in advance

laurens322
January 3rd, 2019

Please avoid DrirveJohnson's who are unprofessional and just outright dodgy. I paid in advance for 10 lessons. My driving instructor said inappropriate things and was either late or never showed up for agreed appointments. I decided to cancel my remaining lessons and requested a refund for them. DriveJohnson's refused me a refund saying that their instructors are self employed and advised me that since starting my lessons my instructor no longer works for the company and therefore they cannot give me a refund. This has left me out of pocket by over £150. They should be ashamed of themselves.

estis1
February 16th, 2020

I would like to say thank very much to my driving instructor - Jatin Gandhi. I am so happy as I passed my first driving test! Jatin taught me everything that I needed to know to pass this test - from the small details to everything else. I felt ready for this test because of him.If you listen to everything he says - you will pass the test!

sandras440
August 27th, 2018

Only use this company if you want to spend hours on phone booking lessons that are then cancelled anything from a day before to an hour before the actual lesson and after wasting three weeks trying to get a lesson to then get told that they don't actually have any instructors for your postcode after all. Horrendous customer service.

abielg
April 4th, 2019

My driving instructor decides to let me know this morning on the day of my test that the car has "exploded". Mind you I was driving it yesterday, I demanded my refund from him and now I'm having to wait a whole 2 months before I can book my next test. Devestated is not the word I am feeling right now.

jb1031
April 9th, 2019

They took the money in cash, refused to deliver the package of lessons as promised, and then refused to refund the full amount. Ashleigh, the office manager, hasn't got a clue! And she refuses to respond to any calls regarding a refund. You've been warned... AVOID!

callumc22
May 6th, 2020

I've always had a good service provided by the team here. Whenever I speak to the office they are helpful and I've had 3 instructors (due to moving areas) which have always been amazing

jordans83
September 1st, 2017

Instructor was deplorably organised and very hard to ever get hold of to book a lesson. When it came to the test, he not only tried to take me at the wrong time despite knowing weeks in advance when and where it is, but also took me to the wrong centre leaving me out of pocket without a chance to do the test. Drivejohnsons refused any responsibility of their employees. Terrible service. AVOID.

erics1200
May 7th, 2020

After having 2 different driving schools I started my driving lesson with drivejohnsons 3rd time lucky im so glad i started with this company because i passed in 4 months with 2 minors. My instructor was so professional and all of my lessons were explained in great detail.

liamw32
July 24th, 2019

I just passed my test this morning in Leeds with an instructor called Ali. My lessons were engaging and better still we had a good laugh. I highly recommend drivejohnson to anyone looking for driving lessons.

Products used:
Driving lessons

They are legit. It's this spammy/fake review site that isn't The state of it!

By Tommy B.