driveJohnsons

driveJohnsons has a consumer rating of 3.21 stars from 38 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. driveJohnsons ranks 18th among Driving Schools sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 53.3%

No positive highlights yet

• My previous instructor was great from that company, but I had lost his contact details so couldn't resume with him.
  • Arranged for Saturday lesson and to book a block of 10 lessons.
How would you rate driveJohnsons?

“Best Driving School”

Abbie P.
3/18/20

DriveJohnson's have been fantastic from start to finish. Their bookings process is simple and easy, the staff on the phones are really friendly and happy to answer any questions you have. I was allocated a brilliant instructor who explained things thoroughly and made lessons enjoyable. If you want to learn to drive, don't look anywhere else.

“Are these 5 star ratings real?”

michael F.
9/12/20

Not sure about these 5 star ratings. My experience with this company has been pretty much the same as the other 16x negative reviews. Booking goes through fine. Then all of a sudden, the lesson is cancelled at the last minute. Trying to arrange a new lesson is almost impossible, due to them "experiencing a lot of calls" (I call b. S.). And therefore the chances of getting my money back is even more remote. I would avoid this company like the AIDS virus!

instructor (28) 10 lessons (3)
abbiep14
March 18th, 2020
alfieg6
May 5th, 2020
Thank you so much to drivejohnsons and my instructor Mark. From making my first booking with the office to passing my test it was easy, fun and informative. Soooo happy i can now drive and Mark was literally the best instructor i could have asked for. Would recommend anyone wanting to learn to use these guys.
michaelf1958
September 12th, 2020
emmah297
April 16th, 2020
I started learning to drive with driveJohnson's driving school at the start of the year and could not be happier with the service I received. As a key worker, I was able to continue with my driving lessons and still take my test as planned. They did everything they could to make the process as stress free as possible. My instructor was extremely thorough in cleaning the car before and after lessons and I felt very safe. Getting to work has been a nightmare recently so finally having a licence will make things a lot easier for me. Thank you driveJohnson's!
connorh51
April 16th, 2020
Managed to pass last month, Was given a great instructor who picked up what I wasn't the best on and worked on that! Very helpful and helped me secure an earlier test despite saying it could of been in April which would of been cancelled now.
cb554
March 16th, 2020
Leighton Buzzard - instructor Mark

Got to test and randomly charged extra right at the last minute. Went back to driveJohnsons - not interested. Very poor.
darcyw29
May 5th, 2020
I never write reviews but I fell that my instructor definitely needs this review. Im a first time learner so I was sooo nervous but honestly my instructor calmed me down and helped me with everything. All the questions I had he answered in such a professional manor (I had like sooo many questions) but he didnt even care. I am 29 so I needed to sort my self out before it was too late. Im so thankful to my instructor with out this company I would still be getting smelly buses. Thank you Drive Johnson's I wouldnt of dont it with out you.
estis1
February 16th, 2020
I would like to say thank very much to my driving instructor - Jatin Gandhi. I am so happy as I passed my first driving test! Jatin taught me everything that I needed to know to pass this test - from the small details to everything else. I felt ready for this test because of him.If you listen to everything he says - you will pass the test!
callumc22
May 6th, 2020
I've always had a good service provided by the team here. Whenever I speak to the office they are helpful and I've had 3 instructors (due to moving areas) which have always been amazing
ap362
February 29th, 2020
I booked for my sons birthday. Instructor did not show up. When I called head office they contacted her and she said she had been outside the house ( Blatant lie) Office staff very apologetic and rebooked for another instructor a week later. He actually turned up and lesson was ok. However for 10 days since then I'm trying to book another and it's impossible. He is refusing to give me one hour slots and the next lesson is 2 weeks away at not a convenient time. This would have been a month since the first lesson was scheduled. Awful service and not acceptable. I will have to try elsewhere as this whole experience has left a bitter taste in my mouth
melissae145
January 7th, 2020
TOTALLY UNRELIABLE DRIVING INSTRUCTOR! THE COMPANY DOESN'T KNOW WHO WORKS FOR THEM OR WHO THEY EMPLOY, LACK OF PROFESSIONALISM! THEY WILL STRING YOU ALONG FOR 30+ LESSONS AND THEN ONCE YOU BOOK YOUR TEST THEY DROP YOU BEING VERY ARROGANT AND RUDE THINKING THEY KNOW BEST LEAVING YOU WITH NO CAR OR INSTRUCTOR. THE COMPANY DOESN'T HAVE THE INSTRUCTOR ON THEIR SYSTEM AND ARE UTTER USELESS WHEN DEALING WITH COMPLAINTS. THE INSTRUCTOR ISNT WHO HE SAYS HE IS! WOULD NOT RECOMMEND, STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!
erics1200
May 7th, 2020
After having 2 different driving schools I started my driving lesson with drivejohnsons 3rd time lucky im so glad i started with this company because i passed in 4 months with 2 minors. My instructor was so professional and all of my lessons were explained in great detail.
liamw32
July 24th, 2019
I just passed my test this morning in Leeds with an instructor called Ali. My lessons were engaging and better still we had a good laugh. I highly recommend drivejohnson to anyone looking for driving lessons.
kayn49
January 28th, 2020
Honestly it's been the worst experience I wanted to change my transmission from Manuel to Auto and upon doing so asked if I had to contact my instructor was told no and that everything would be handled on their end. They informed me the process would take 24-48hrs but nearly two weeks later I am having to chase them up only to be told that I've lost 2hours as I didn't cancel my future lessons with the instructor. This was no fault of mine and they proceed to take my money and refused to refund me for the outstanding lessons as I'd prefer to go somewhere that actually takes ownership when a staff member gives wrong information. Be careful when booking with them and make sure they tell you all required information as they seem to pick and choose what's relevant to fit their agenda.
janiner23
June 14th, 2019
My experience with this company was amazing. From the help from the booking team to being allocated a great instructor Paul, I said to my instructor I needed to be passed in 3 months due to work commitments and I feel like he really helped me and gave me extra hours when I needed it! Honestly not a bad word to say about this company & thank you for all your help! Highly recommend
sadafh
November 13th, 2019
Unprofessional, they steal your money, drivers waste your time, cancel lessons, dont show up etc. Admin are equally as useless (although some are fairly nice, but no one actually solves your problem). Avoid. I learnt relatively little and my driver bailed on me and stopped teaching about less than 2 weeks before my test :)
ewelinap3
March 20th, 2019
I Highly recommended Abbas from north west London area. He it's driving Hyundai i30 I was very scared of the size of the car at the beginning as I was driving Kia picianto before and my other instructor left the country with last minute notice so I had to change it. But I'm extremely happy with Abbas he makes me very comfortable and confident driving his car. He it's really good instructor very professional and have a lot of knowledge
Ewelina
stevenr308
January 31st, 2019
I work for an IT company and I can see a few fake negative reviews on here. Anyway, my experience was good. DriveJohnson's were accommodating when it came to my specific availability - lunch times only. Instructor was very good, new his stuff - big shout to Pete for helping me pass first time in Bedford.

Passed in 18 hours of lessons - Boom!
tommyb117
June 13th, 2019
Every company gets the odd negative review. I was surprised to see what I've seen here. Go to a legit review site such as Trustpilot or google to get a fairer assessment.

My experience with driveJohnson's was very good. Passed first time within 20 hours.
dalet161
September 9th, 2019
Really glad I chose drivejohnson. Tried a couple of schools and they were useless, but not drivejohnson.
brauliot
August 28th, 2020
I booked 10 lessons starting Friday.the driver did not arrive. I called to find out the issue? I was told by the receptionist "Lauren"that I am wrong and cancel if I want! The nastiest attitude ever! DONT GO THERE. BSM IS MUCH BETTER.
marcush80
August 19th, 2019
I thought the driving lessons provided by drivejohnsons were really good. I Learnt and passed my driving test in kettering.
elliemayd
June 14th, 2019
I wasn't sure about booking with drive johnson cos there's mixed reviews and I wasn't sure who I'd get, I had my 1st lesson yesterday with pat and I'm soooo glad I chose these guys now! Would recommend (I'm in mk)
charlieb95
December 16th, 2017
I took a 20 hour intensive course and passed first time thanks to my instructor Paul Stack in Luton.

I learn't with AA, RED and driveJohnson's was by far better. Although Paul wasn't critical of my previous experience with the other companies - I know what he was thinking. I learn't F All with them.

Massive thanks again to Paul and the staff at Dj for getting me an earlier test.
cynthiab344
June 7th, 2019
I had booked a driving lesson over the phone, got a text confirmation and the driver didn't turn up. I rang to make a complaint no one has got back to me. I called again and was given another appointment and a confirmed text, the next day the instructor cancelled the appointment said he was fully booked. A very poor service all round.

They are legit. It's this spammy/fake review site that isn't The state of it!

By Tommy B.