Review of DreamShades

Brooklyn, NY 11208
Tel: 212-988-9373

nadiyas3
7/22/18

I didnt research the company prior to purchasing and had a wonderful experience. Saved at least $100 on my frames. I had a word with one of the owners and they told me that the company was run down after 2013, thus all the negative reviews. Seems like the new management is doing a great job. Happy I found this site!

katm7
11/14/14

I had an order placed on February 22, 2012 for prescription eye glasses. The glasses were mailed to me without the prescription -- I rejected the package and have been trying since to reach dreamshades via email, phone and chat and I have yet to receive a response about the status of my order.

I will never EVER shop here again. Terrible customer service.

the posts below must be fake. take a read at a REAL customer's review

victorz1
6/19/13

I bought some glasses 3 weeks ago. A week after I order the glasses I emailed the website and immediately they charge my credit card and they said the glasses would ship the following day. Two weeks after my order no glasses I emailed them again and now no response. It almost seemed to me that I had placed my order and they did not know about it until I contact them. Its a scam do not buy from them..

joannep7
6/17/13

I bought a pair of Bvlgari sunglasses on Amazon / Dreamshades from the UK...nice pair for around $400 as I was treating myself. After I had bought them I was worried after reading bad reviews on this website so I half expected an e mail argument with the company! However, I am pleasantly surprised they turned up on time and looking absolutely fine, so I actually have no complaints from ordering these from Dreamshades and aftere this experience I would use them again.
J Piper, UK.

marisab1
5/7/13

i returns these none as described sunglasses ! and did not give my refund back. SCAM DONT BUY THERE. VERY UNPROFFESIONAL FAKE SUNGLASES

georgeq4
4/5/13

Fantastic and authentic eyeglasses. But the best part is their customer service is bar none the best I have encountered - both in-person retail and online. Simply put, DreamShades is the best. Buy with absolute confidence. Satisfaction is guaranteed!

bigr4
3/1/13

Orderd product, two weeks later?..Nothing, then they blame the slow shipping on the shipping company. This place is bush-league, stay clear!

adrianas
2/27/13

I orderd some glasses this1 week ago and they still havnt been shipped, Ive tried to contact them, e-mail, phone, chat, and nothing, wouldnt recommend this place to anyone.

melf
9/19/12

I ordered prescription eyeglasses and paid for express(3 business days) as i need the glasses right away. I am still waiting for the glasses over a week later. This is my second time ordering through dreamshades and have had a delay both times. Unfortunately I will not recommend this company to anyone but i will deter people from buying from them. Why pay for express when you dont get them express. Also why does this company publish a phone number when it goes straight to an answering machine. I have written several emails complaining about the service.

amyt14
6/14/12

"I bought a pair of Ray-Ban RB5121 glasses from them and I am a very active online shopper. Dreamshades is the WORST, and I mean WORST company that I have EVER dealt with. After purchasing the pair of glasses, they proceeded to tell me it was on backorder with no pre-warning. I then asked them to change my order to a different color of the SAME pair of glasses so I wouldn't have to wait for the backorder. The sales representative kindly changed my order, but when I checked my bank statement, they charged me twice. My first, ultimate total came up to $77(coupon codes lowered the price), yet there was also another pending charge of $99. I asked the sales representative about this and she kindly apologized and told me she would fix the issue. I wait it about two days and check my bank statement to see both pending charges gone. I wait about a full week to see if there would be any further action with my credit card and there were none, so I proceeded to email them to cancel my order to which they IGNORED. After a couple of days I check my bank statement yet again to see an existing charge of $99, not pending, but actually charged. They basically ignored my request to cancel my order and waited until their backorder of my original pair of glasses I ordered arrived and just sent it to me anyway, with no email to tell me or give me a heads up. I had to email them myself to find out that they shipped the pair of glasses. I don't mind keeping the pair of glasses, but keep in mind that my original total was $77, yet they charged me $99. I emailed them about it and they told me they would refund the difference. I'm still waiting on that refund. (EDIT: They told me i was not getting my refund until i took this review off. Guess i wont be seeing that refund.) If you're thinking about ordering from this company, I beg of you, for your sake to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE buy it elsewhere. This company will only give you problems stacked on problems. Save yourself the trouble."

gabw
2/5/12

I highly recommend this site. Wonderful finds and cheap prices just like what I want. Their respond is quick and nice. I can't wait for my purchase to come this weekend.

markr28
2/4/12

I have been a Dreamshades customer for over 3 months now, and I've had pretty much good experience overall. I pretty much buy all my shades from here. Also the items are reasonably priced and the staff is friendly. Overall a good experience, I would recommend them.

taylora
12/25/11

Cheap shades with fair quality. Great stuff online that you can ever ask for. I thought it was better to just go to the store and try on shades and then realized it was a waste of time. Dreamshades have everything I ever need. Other than that, their price could give you a massive shock of how low it is. The respond is quick and friendly. They are just great!

candacew
12/24/11

Since the very first time I came to Dreamshades, I've got lost in the immensity of styles of glasses here. I've purchased 3 or 4 pairs of glasses from here and all of them are extremely gorgeous. One more thing that makes Dreamshades so unique that their goodies are all reasonably priced so it's affordable for everyone. I doubt that there's someone unpleased with this site, ever.

oliviam4
12/11/11

This was my second order from Dreamshades. They have great service and the items are reasonably priced. The shipping is actually fast, more than many other online shops out there. And on top of that, I love how various the styles they have. You just CAN'T ask for more!

nanad1
12/4/11

This is my first time ordering at Dreamshades, at first I felt a bit worry but they really surprised me. My A/X arrived after 3 days and they look wonderful. The website service is also really nice, they actually care about every order, every customer and always try to help you.

beckyh2
12/3/11

I've purchased a pair of Dior sunglasses last week. Very comfortable, the price is fantastic and their service is awesome. I am now ordering another pair of sunglasses. I will certainly recommend Dreamshades to all of my friends.

dmitryt
11/28/11

I bought 3 pairs of designer sunglasses from dreamshades.com. I saved about 30% compared to other retailers. The service was excellent and I received the glasses within days. If you are looking for cool shades, check out dreamshades.com

irinat1
11/14/11

I fell in love with a pair of Gucci sunglasses, 3169 in Havana color, I mean, who wouldn't.
I have placed an order with Dreamshades.com on September 20. Got a response that my order is being processed. Received my shipment on September 28, neatly packed, with the box, cloth and the case.
I could have bought it at the store, but $200 vs $289 was the deciding factor. I am very happy I saved!!!
Would order from them again, the price is the major deal for me.

yanak
11/13/11

I saved $90 dollars on Raybans in March.
Was happy with the customer service and the quick delivery.
Received my brand new pair of Prada prescription glasses this week, saved over $150.
I am recommending this site to friends and family, love the $10 off coupon.

christyh2
9/30/11

This is the worst website ever. Anyone saying anything different has to be an employee. I'm an avid online shopper and while I have had some "kinks" in purchases, nothing has ever been even remotely as bad as this place. I honestly think they need to be shut down. Clearly they are one giant scam of a company.

My husband pointed out the fact that when they take money for tons of orders and hold on to it for a month or two, that entire time they're earning interest (and most likely the consumer is PAYING interest). They're basically getting money for free. Then they just blame the problem on USPS and refund your money and expect you to be happy. Um, no. That is called fraud!

ec19
7/26/11

I placed an order for a pair of Ray Ban RB3448 014/51 on Sat 7/16. I was informed just yesterday, 7/25 (9 days from original order date) that "the size/color of the item...has been discontinued from production & is no longer available for sale". Well perhaps they should have taken that off their sites. No manufacturers will discontinue any products without informing their customers. For dreamshades to take 9 days to find out it has been discontinued doesn't sound too convincing to me. In addition, why is this product still showing up on dreamshades after they told me RayBan "discontinued" it?

Will not consider them again. I suggest you avoid doing business with this company.

tanyaf
7/13/11

I ordered a pair of Ray Bans on July 1. I received an email on the 6th telling ne they have begun processing my order and it ahould be ready to ship in another 5-7 days! On the morning of the 12th I still had received no notification of any activity so I emailed them telling them to cancel my order. I just received an email 36 hours later telling me that the order has just gone out. This is the crappiest customer service ever. I ordered something from Amazon on the 9th, no expedited shipping and it was already delivered today. How DreamShades can be in business is beyond me. Saving a few bucks is not wortth it. Do not use this site EVER!

jenb3
7/13/11

In terms of order processing, payment, email notification with tracking #, and receipt of merchandise - they did a Great a Job...
HOWEVER, After thoroughly inspecting the pair of Ray-Ban Sunglasses I purchased - they were NOT the Real thing. A very good replica, but definitely not the real thing.
This company is advertising genuine brands but are actually selling you/sending imitation/fake replicas.

I should of just ordered directly from known merchant. SMH ..

milanab
7/9/11

I had a good experience with this site. I was actually kind of a bad customer, and they were responsive, patient, and helpful. I had an email reply within a day or two, and all my emails got responses. I don't think it's a big corporation like some other sites, but I felt like they were working with me.

Questions? Get answers from the DreamShades staff and other customers.

DreamShades?