Review of DigitalOcean

Tel: +1 347-903-7918
sammy@digitalocean.com

christopherb292
6/4/18

Ok, so Ive been using DigitalOcean since 2013 and everything was just fine. An on May 31 2018 something really worrying happened, all my files got deleted and I received this email:

We sincerely apologize, however, there was an incident impacting the Spaces service that resulted in a number of Spaces and the data within them to be deleted. At this time we're performing a full internal investigation to determine what the cause of the issue was as well as why it happened. Once we have a full understanding and additional details to share, we'll follow up.
At this time, unfortunately, we can confirm that the data within your Spaces has been lost and is not recoverable. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

They never informed me further and none of my files were restore. No compensation except for $400 on my account, saying:

You have been granted credit to use on your DigitalOcean team for $400.00. Weve updated your balance, which you can view at your team's billing page. Please note that this credit will expire after 12 months if it's not used.

I took severe loses Now I am in the process of transferring to another service.
Well, decide for yourself whether use their services, but I am really devastated by both my losses and their absolute ignorance.

privatei1
12/13/17

DigitalOcean is the hosting provider for Yellow.Guide, Yellow.Guide has private information that doesn't belong on its website and I am getting the runaround from
DigitalOcean. They have no business putting up false information and using my
private information that doesn't belong on Yellow.Guide. This is a privacy issue. I WANT IT REMOVED!!!! Ben Uretsky is the CEO for DigitalOcean. Update. There are no valid contact information for Yellow.Guide

mikeb339
1/27/17

I thought it was a joke at first, but these guys are seriously puppets for larger corporations and are happy to hand over your data to large companies or even the government. We experienced this first hand when our website received a malicious copyright claim and a fake "legal demand" was all it took for our website's data to be handed over and published for law enforcement. Seriously? They are total pushovers to anyone who wants your data.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT use this website to store private company data. It will be released to the public.
DO NOT use this website to host a public-facing service. They will turn off your server at any time without telling you.

raymondf18
9/12/16

they work with the NSA so beware people, their staff is rude also

jamailaa
6/2/16

Digital Ocean is one of best, convenient and fastest cloud hosting and server technologies available today. Their flexible pricing options and the ability to choose different data center locations are great features. The infrastructure is a bit complex. But for that best choice is to manage all your Digitalocean servers on Cloudways managed hosting platform with ease in just few clicks.

kamalh2
3/9/15

Digital Ocean offers a very convenient VPS (private server) deployment service. Starting from $5 a month they provide a virtual linux server with full SSH access. You can also choose a server with preinstalled software, such as Wordpress, Nginx and such. Very enjoyable UI and reliable hosting servce.

It does demand a bit of sysadmin knowledge, but they have a lot of great user guides on the website. Customer service is responsive and helpful.

Questions? Get answers from the DigitalOcean staff and other customers.

DigitalOcean?