Review of Dashlane

New York, NY 10010
contact@dashlane.com

johnnyy3
11/12/18

Works good for some things, however, it tries to save passwords even when the "never for this site" link is clicked..... CONSTANTLY. Consequently that pop up opens non-stop which is VERY annoying. That is only ONE of multiple issues.... The desktop app is VERY unreliable and often crashes. Overall I am NOT even close to being satisfied, a big disappointment. I am actively researching alternatives and expect to change soon.

theodoref8
7/17/17

Love the way Dashlane works on my Mac...filling in username and password securely upon opening up a password protected website if I've signed on to Dashlane, filling in CC infor ONLY after re entering password. App doesn't do this on iPad/iPhone, or at lease I don't know how to get this desirable performance enabled. Great on Mac, inconvenient on iPad and iPhone

davidb647
2/26/17

I have owned Dashlane both as a iPhone and on my Windows 10 desktop (two computers).

Pros: Ultimately works, but not without a ton of hassle.

Cons:
1) Want IMHO a high fee to sync passwords across platforms or multiple computers.
2) Too complicated. They got cutesy with the security - you have to log in upon boot/startup, and again every time you switch browsers or tabs, computer sleeps, etc. The level of security should be customize-able.
3) Once you HAVE ALREADY SIGNED INTO YOUR MASTER ACCOUNT, Dashlane still hides passwords from view. Sometimes you can click an eyeball icon to reveal your password, but sometimes that doesn't work. There is no need for this extra step since there is no real security involved.
4) Dashlane often accepts duplicates. I have to periodically go through and weed out extras.
5) Dashlane often repeats requests to "help out" and fill in passwords, even if this is not desired.
6) The interface is not clean, can be confusing.
7) The interface needs to be customize-able to a greater degree to make it easier - some sites accept an account name, some a login id, some an email address. You only get one confusing label with Dashlane.

The bottom line is that I never would have purchased Dashlane if I had known what I was getting. But... I have it now. I wish Dashlane would allow features to be turned off in a setup page and hide functions. All I really need is a simple encrypted bucket for my iPhone that I can sync back to my computer for archiving from time to time. I don't need autofill, a multitude of complex and unwanted security features, or anything like that - just a place to store passwords so I don't forget. It really is that simple. I need a Dashlane Lite.

hugol21
2/5/17

Despite the value of the subscription, monthly, yearly or five years the resources it has appeal, and because you can see which sites have a weak password, generate strong passwords, manage everything in one place as well as the autênticação of two factors, is indispensable. Recommend.

sb157
3/29/16

Awful... Three unanswered requests to Dashlane to email security code to login... Never received code or even an email reply... Deleted Dashlane from iPhone and MacBook... Wasted too much time... Case closed.

michaeld157
12/4/15

I used Dashlane a few years back. It was good, but it often got in my face trying to fill out things I neither needed nor wanted filling out. I wearied of struggling with it and switched first to Sticky Password and then to LastPass. Sticky and LastPass are good too. LastPass is better than Sticky.

Then I read somewhere that a newer version of Dashlane was superlative. I went back and gave it a run. I was impressed. That was about two months ago. I think that some of its shenanigans when I first used it were my fault. I did not have the settings done as I would have preferred. This time I'm taking more care with it.

I have tried a number of password managers in addition to Dashlane, Sticky and LastPass. The others were culled almost immediately. No password manager is perfect. They all have their glitches, but at this moment I'm putting Dashlane at the top of the stack. I'm happy with it.

davidb302
7/8/15

System works well but for me and several other oldies it is almost impossible to use in on my tablet. No provision to increased font size even when system font size is increased. I have started to use an alternative system that is almost equivalent andf has the advantage of being readable.

stephanien3
2/23/15

This is one of two major password saving websites (lastpass is the other). I prefer this to lastpass because I found lastpass confusing to use. On the other hand, Dashlane is very simple - you download the plugin and it starts to save your login and passwords as you go to various websites. You can even have dashlane automatically log in when you go to the website. It is free and there is a charge for the premium service. Definitely worth checking out as internet privacy is becoming a larger issue!

brianw35
6/19/13

I've been using Dashlane for almost six months now and I'm satisfied with it. It really helped me a lot. I've joined many websites and needed something to help me organize my usernames/passwords and I found Dashlane perfect for the job. It runs in the background, I have the possibility of creating my own password or it can generate one for me and it alarms me if the passwords I chose are too weak. Overall, I'll continue using it since it really did help me a lot.

Questions? Get answers from the Dashlane staff and other customers.

Dashlane?