Craigslist, Inc. reviews

craig@craigslist.org
2018 Customer choice award

paulm295
5/23/16
I found A-1 Bullion Exchange, (AKA Paradise Coin & Collectibles both names are used by the same people) on the Ocala Craig"s List and agreed with "Tom" (aka Seth Lutz) to purchase 25 Gold 1oz. American Eagles for $32,950.00. On 5/3/16 I wired this amount to a Wells FargoBank Account #*******527. Tom said this account was owned by Bonnie Miller who he said was the owner of A-1. Tom assured me I would receive my 25 coins in a couple days. After much stalling I was assured by Tom that he was sending the 25 coins via insured registered USPS Mail on 5/14/16 and even sent me a text with a tracking number. No gold/package was mailed and the tracking # was bogus according to the Postal Inspector's office of the USPS! On 5/19/16 Bonnie Miller called and said she was mailing 10 AE Gold coins! That package arrived on 5/21/16 and contained only 4 coins not 10! I am working with local law enforcement, the FTC & FBI.
sandral81
5/19/16
I hired this company to do some remodeling for me and want to let anyone that needs someone to do some remodeling - Affordable Builders Construction of Reeds Spring, MO had dome me an excellent job at a very good price. They are truly professionals.
bridgettet3
5/19/16
Our sump pump went out, which required our carpet to be pulled up to dry everything out. We contacted The Flooring Men because they said they could re-stretch and lay our existing carpet back down. He said due to the circumstances and our situation he would come out the next day. He never showed up, we called about 5 times and he didn't answer, he didn't respond to texts. It's one thing if you can't make it and let us know, but to be so unprofessional and ignore all calls and texts, that's ridiculous! Don't use them!!!!
jeanb63
5/17/16
Purchased a piano from Bill Kap piano company in Cleveland, Ohio. Bill Kap and his salesman, Lou, repeatedly told us that we were buying a "brand new piano with a 10 year warranty." Piano was delivered (3 hours later than promised) without any warranty information. I called Bill Kap, who said he would "mail that out" to me. When a week passed without any warranty info, I called the manufacturer to ask about the warranty. Gave the manufacturer the serial number, and was told that my "brand new piano" was actually 18 years old, and no longer covered by warranty. Emailed Bill Kap, who never responded. I would definitely look for a reputable dealer, and Bill Kap does not fall into this category. Don't be fooled by the age of his business....just means he's been ripping people off for a long time!
britannyl
5/10/16
No way to talk to a live human being. Voice recordings and emails with automatic responses seem to be the way to go with craigslist. They remove your ads with no indicators as to why. I have tried emailing them and yet my responses are automatic. The response you get when you call in to them is to email them. You are basically just are running around in circles getting nothing accomplished with them. When they remove ads they need to start giving explanations as to why. I have read through all of the rules and it makes absolutely no sense as to why my ads are being removed. I can spend hours compiling ads and trying to help my customers out. I used to love craigslist and lately it is just a huge hassle. I used to recommend everyone to them. I want everyone to know how terrible I think their customer service is. Wanted to test the waters with the free ads to start out. Thanks for nothing!
deed87
5/9/16
Even something as benign as an apartment for rent, a Focus Group, English tutor -- almost all "job" listings, and now Cars For Sale, are primarily criminal scamming. And when you do post an honest and reasonable ad, often the Honest ads are removed by CL after being flagged by the traffickers and criminals who dont get a response from you. Ugh!
Scammers often want just your personal information. They do this all day and all night. Your personal details often go on the People Search sites - I guess some of THEM use CL as well, because my user name pops up on those sites.
Back in the day, 2003-2007 CL was a fantastic source of between-job revenue, temp helpers, and especially, jobs for writers and artists. Then the Pimps, Human Traffickers, drug dealers and Petty Scammers discovered it.
Use a throw-away address, or one for CL only, never answer a Survey Monkey with true personal details, especially not your name. If you have a throwaway phone, CL is the place you want to use it, trust me, for apartments and everything. We turn to CL because we all want to see something LOCAL and CL fills that vacuum, usually FREE.
If it is a company or landlord whose website, address and phone number are already well-established online, fine. Some of my temp job employers and even the Federal Government advertises on CL.
juliem129
5/4/16
My son's renters moved out and the inside needed painting. He lives in Minneapolis and and the house is here in Portland so he found someone to do the work and asked us to help. My husband and I showed up at the appointed hour but the painter did not show up. I called my son and he found Francisco Munoz on Craig's list and gave him a call. Francisco showed up within an hour with equipment and a big smile. He painted living room, dining room, hallway and 2 bedrooms. He did several applications in the bedrooms because the old paint was very dark. He also added texture to the family room and painted the ceiling. When we returned all the holes and blemishes had been covered up and the house looked like new. I was astonished! He worked so fast and yet so well. I could see his sense of pride and how much heart he puts into his work! Francisco is a treasure! I cannot recommend him any higher. Also he only charged us $430.00! What a deal! I wish he did everything for a house!
thet13
4/23/16
The best of the best ! Rachel *******276 She is drop dead gorgeous. Outstanding personality and performance unparalleled- amazing. Very addictive. Don't waste your time with the fakes she is the real deal/ total package worth every bit of what she wants for her time you will always want to tip to trust and believe me when I tell you....
jonathanh64
4/16/16
great place to find things locally, I have successfully bought and sold here. But be careful! people can be dishonest and Craigslist does not guarantee anything (how could they they don't charge). treat it as if you were responding to a paper add in the newspaper or posted in a public place .
loosed
4/6/16
I posted an ad on Craigslist looking for accommodations for a music festival and started immediately receiving texts from "people" who answered my ad. Turns out they're all from "roomster" inviting me to join their site once I've clicked on the link that shows me the accommodations they're supposedly trying to rent out. Even if the site really exists, I'm not about to condone anyone who uses these kind of underhanded tactics to get your attention. "Let's see how many people we can screw over in an effort to make a million bucks." No thanks.
rona952
3/28/16
I had adds on Craigslist a was getting flaged from people at dident like my price I tried to to repost and keep getting flaged I tried to get in touch with Craigslist over the problems they just keep send me to there rules list never did fix problems Craigslist is one of Worst companies that deal with when you have a problem Craigslist list is joke for fixing problems with there adds welfare had company there clowns
beverlyw35
3/25/16
Go elsewhere to buy a car. You will be spending much more money to repair the car you purchase fron this wife and husband.

Tip for consumers: BEWARE

melissan19
3/21/16
I was scammed by a guy named Simon Rincon. He posts work on Craigslist about insulation, duct cleaning, finish carpentry, painting, and general labor. I paid him $1100 up front in cash to do some drywall, painting and carpentry. He did about 25% of the work, terribly I might add. He caused more damage with his shotty work which costs me more money. He ended up taking off with my $1100 in cash and the key to my home. He will not return my calls, money or house key. Needless to say, I paid to have my locks changed. By spreading the word about Simon, I have been contacted by others who fell victim to this same man. The phone number that Simon uses is *******120. I hope that nobody else falls victim to this man.
aaronc48
3/16/16
Carlos Paz, phone # *******232, also has a website he might refer you to https://carlosmoisespaz.shutterfly.com/

DO NOT USE HIM. I used him for my home renovations for more than $10k (including bathrooms, kitchen, flooring, basically everything). First of all, he did not complete single part of the job (e.g., bathroom, there are still holes in the wall, the vanities are not installed, he messed up the plumbing so I had to spend extra money). He will assure you that he can do it all but he's really just a tile guy (although not even that good at that because the tiling is uneven and the grout is coming off). He will also lie and say that he can complete the job w/in a x period of time. He quoted me 1 month at first, and 4 months later, I was so fed up with his lies and inexperience that I had to let him go.

Do yourself a favor and don't use him. You have been warned.
josiahp9
3/5/16
Willy responded on short notice to aerate our front yard. He was on-time, business like, and did a GREAT job at a reasonable price.
annah92
2/29/16
I do not trust craigslist anymore Everyone watch out for someone useing the name Susan Williams and Email name is *****@gmail.com on craigslist trying to sell a red 1995 Chevrolet c/k pickup saying it's being held at Omaha, NE in Auto proshipping it is a scam they tell you to use Apple iTunes but they use a fake account to steal your money so please be careful about buying online
andrel17
2/14/16
The site is an absolute joke. Over the years it has been involved in prostitution, solicitation, and murder. Now the site wants to charge employers a fee to post job openings. Yeah, cool, I will give you money to have the bottom of the barrel contact me for a job that they will undoubtedly be unable to perform. Thanks craigslist, you should go back to murder and prostitution.
sandyz5
2/12/16
I am a first time user on Craigslist. I wanted to post items for sale and it is absolutely awful! Very confusing and complicated. I absolutely hated it and I will find another avenue to sell my items. Craigslist sucks!!!
rrrrg
2/7/16
This guy was a bad joke. He did the worst possible auto detailing job I have ever seen. They did not even touch the inside of the cars. I had 4 cars I paid $330.00 to detail one car, then they were supposed to clean the other cars. They did not even clean the other cars on the inside at all! I called him on it and he then promised he would come back and make it good. That was 4 months ago! I called him to remind him he again lied to me , he never came to clean the cars. Don't use this fly by night service. He uses a bunch of young guys and does not give them guidance on how to work, so they completely skip the inside of the cars. I could go on but lesson learned for me I hope you read this and don't waste you money and time with this Dany Inland Empire Auto Detailing!
edwardc60
2/4/16
with a grain of salt (or several grains) I like craigs list - has helped me sell much stuff. However they make no effort to keep scams (esp the ones that offer ways to make money) off. many scams are obvious to the ones of us who have been around, however some are well baited - - beware
erikab17
1/25/16
Incredibly irresponsible! I confirmed three times with Brett that my husband was meeting him to pick up a refrigerator. We accommodated our schedule for him, and drove out an hour to meet him. The guy completely fakes!
joannet12
1/25/16
Craigslist used to be a good place to buy and sell. I now prefer Facebook marketplace as you have a better idea who you are dealing with.
anonymousp14
1/16/16
I don't recommend any stylists to lease a suite from Elite salon suites. The suites aren't ran as a professional business establishment. The owner will mistreated you and speak to you as an employee. The owner listens to others tare you down and mistreate you according to lies of others, that suffer from jealousy. You have stylists that will start fights with you for no reason. The stylists there don't have any respect for each other. They'll smile in your face and stab you in the back. The barbers will slander you to ruin your business because they're haters of those made of greatness.
Stylists must choose a place that'll inspire you not a place that'll tare you down. In a nut shell this place is ghetto, no professionalism or class at all.
Stylists beware!
oliviaw12
1/5/16
Rented a room on mission village drive in San Diego from a guy named George. He wanted $750 a month, which seemed like a good deal for the size of the room. However, in a very short time I realized the house was horrible. Breaker would go out if I used a tiny little space heater (about size of a small toaster) because the heat was never on and the house was freezing. Kitchen was disgusting, had cockroaches, sink didn't work and there was grease stains everywhere. He tried to complain about me making noise because I was sick (literally can't control that). When he has over 25 birds in his garage that make noise all the time. I could go on and on, but overall horrible place to live.
akhiln
1/3/16
This guy is a theif, beware fellas. there is no woman at all. He just faked everything, he stopped responding once I gave him money outside, he asked me to pay money first for supplies and never returned, he stopped responding to messages there after.
289 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

No, and DO NOT talk to the forum...trolls just waiting to attack anyone who is frustrated.

By Sebastion L.

All you can really do isjust "flag" the ad when you click on it. It gives you the ability to delete the posting. Nothing more. Craigslist gives no way's to post negative reviews. Unless you take the ad posting and info and post your own ad as the negative outcome or info. to pass on your experience. Lots of others are doing it as scam alerts or fraud alerts. Only remember that if you do, then the person whom your referring to also can "flag" your posting also.

By mike m.

I have posted many adds with craigslist my house, furniture and pets in the past. I am trying to post an dog now that showed up on here on the 4th of July. But all my adds get deleted use to love craigslist now I hate Craigslist. Big waste of my time every add I post gets deleted if I will selling cocaine I can understand craigslist use a funking little common sence. Don't call the customer service number thank you for calling Craigslist but there is no one here to help you. I have posted last add with Craiglist longer customer.

By sabre c.

In order to list items I first take the best pictures I can and take quite a few as you can post alot on listing. Then depending on item I'm listing I get dementions any and as much as I can. Now you need to create an account on Craigslist and no they change nothing for you to list or take a percentage of item sold unlike ebay. When you create your account you do have to provide a valid email but they only give it out if you check the box when posting that they can, Craigslist prefers you don't give out your own. They will make an email for you item and then forward it to you when someone inquires. When I checked emails regulary I would have them give my email out and had no problems until I had a box of misc items and then I received alot of sexual messages, so I never use my personal one anymore . I due have people text me ( there is a box you can mark if you'd prefer that method of contact) working the hours I do I've always used it since that option came out. I've never had any problems with a buyer calling or texting me. I've sold alot of items some were the same item just reposted it when I got more to sell. And I've always had people come to my house and never had any problems I did have one no show. 1) set up account it works for all the different areas. 2) It been along time but I believe they send you an email to verify it's valid 3) find area I want to post in Delaware, Milwaukee ect and if it's a large city you'll need to deside which area is closest to you 4) go to area you picked say Eastern Shore get on main page I mostly use smart phone top left is a menu touch it and you want to go to my account ( make sure if they sent verification email you verified it) 5) sign into your account I believe it gives you obtions of sell an item or my account, go to sell an item it will ask if you're the owner or I believe other is for mass selling. Then pick best category if it's a lawnmower go to garden ect. Now your making post it will give you options of default email which they recomend or the obtion of having them call or text you. Then you'll need to come up with a short popping post of course put in what your selling and any words that make it seem it's the best. Then give as much info as you can about item selling and make sure to be honest about it. There's an area that asks you who's manufacturer what's it's condition I usually skip that as it's in item description but it could help to sell it. Then theres a map so people know around where you are if you don't want them coming to your house put in zipcode of a town by you. Then it will have you upload pictures. Make sure the best one is uploaded first as that's the one that people see by your post and add the rest of pictures. Also at the beginning it will ask for a dollar amount for item. When pictures are done loading hit publish. Sometimes they send an email verifying post, but they will inform you they are. If they do make sure to go to email and verify it as item won't post till you do. Post will automatically delete after a month to 45 days it comes inactive first so you have option of reposting it. If you want to delete or modify posting sign into craiglist account and touch on my account and all your active and inactive posts are there touch on either delete post or edit. It's very simple and easy to do if you forget to fill in say asking price when you go to publish post it will tell you you something wasnt filled in. I know the government was trying to pass a law that we have to pay taxes on what we sell but I haven't done much selling on eBay or craiglist so I haven't checked if it passed It sounded like it wasn't going to. Hope this helps I am computer dumb and can post on here so most people should have no problems. Terri

By Terri S.

If you want support, go to a real site. Nothing but trolls at CL who prey on anyone asking for help in the forum.

By Sebastion L.

just set up another email account and your back on

By marla l.

Questions? Get answers from the Craigslist, Inc. staff and other customers.

16 Photos for Craigslist, Inc.

Craigslist, Inc.?