Craigslist, Inc. reviews

craig@craigslist.org
2018 Customer choice award

sheenaw
3/24/10
BEWARE of craiglist you can get scammed and craiglist will do nothing about it. So, I would be very caution in dealing with craiglist. My sister lost over $3000.00, and craiglist hasnt done nothing about the scam artist being on their web site. I think this is a problem and a big X in my mind to stay away from craiglist.
madisons
3/24/10
This site is amazing I use it to post my listings to sell stuff I don't need anymore and I think it has made me about $500 in total so far, I love this site

But you have to beware of some scamers.
jesseg
2/16/10
I have to say I love the site, but you do have to be a little cautious on there just because there are so many people out to scam others.

I have sold and purchased many items on this site and overall love it. It allows many different things be listed and you can find hard to find items even.

Overall I highly recommend this site.
loganm
2/3/10
craigslist is terrific! you can buy, sell and trade practically everything! Not to mention meet some real interesting creepers. Their jobs could use a little upgrade though... maybe they could use something like http://stusjobs.com and post job listings for free and list jobs my location.
tracyh1
1/8/10
The one site I rely on for pretty much everything is craigslist. I sold my couch, bought a new TV and found an apartment all for free. I even got a job doing promo work for a night at a local club. The only thing I am wary of is the online dating part of craigslist. I will say I have a friend who used it and found a boyfriend but it seemed like it wasn't as good as match or eharmony. Then again, free is free.
johnl3
7/21/09
FREE STUFF ... do I need to say more ? You can often find people giving away items if they are moving or no longer need it. It is like an online garage sale everyday of the week. Plus the jobs section is great and updated daily.
stephaniel
1/20/09
find anything - craigs list is wonderful you can find anything u want and sometimes things you don't !

just a wonderful site for what you are looking for
tammyh
7/10/08
Yeah Craig! Your list rocks! - It's great to have a forum where you can sell/buy items, houses, etc with out having to walk around town posting fliers on every single tree. Not to mention I have successfully found a great home for all my furniture in record time and had 3 great roommate situations all in the name of Craig! Here Here.
raquelm
5/1/07
Is okay if you want to meet the most creepiest people over the net - Seeing as it is free, any nutjob with access to a computer (which is everyone since libraries offer them for free) can post personal ads on the net.
289 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

No, and DO NOT talk to the forum...trolls just waiting to attack anyone who is frustrated.

By Sebastion L.

All you can really do isjust "flag" the ad when you click on it. It gives you the ability to delete the posting. Nothing more. Craigslist gives no way's to post negative reviews. Unless you take the ad posting and info and post your own ad as the negative outcome or info. to pass on your experience. Lots of others are doing it as scam alerts or fraud alerts. Only remember that if you do, then the person whom your referring to also can "flag" your posting also.

By mike m.

I have posted many adds with craigslist my house, furniture and pets in the past. I am trying to post an dog now that showed up on here on the 4th of July. But all my adds get deleted use to love craigslist now I hate Craigslist. Big waste of my time every add I post gets deleted if I will selling cocaine I can understand craigslist use a funking little common sence. Don't call the customer service number thank you for calling Craigslist but there is no one here to help you. I have posted last add with Craiglist longer customer.

By sabre c.

In order to list items I first take the best pictures I can and take quite a few as you can post alot on listing. Then depending on item I'm listing I get dementions any and as much as I can. Now you need to create an account on Craigslist and no they change nothing for you to list or take a percentage of item sold unlike ebay. When you create your account you do have to provide a valid email but they only give it out if you check the box when posting that they can, Craigslist prefers you don't give out your own. They will make an email for you item and then forward it to you when someone inquires. When I checked emails regulary I would have them give my email out and had no problems until I had a box of misc items and then I received alot of sexual messages, so I never use my personal one anymore . I due have people text me ( there is a box you can mark if you'd prefer that method of contact) working the hours I do I've always used it since that option came out. I've never had any problems with a buyer calling or texting me. I've sold alot of items some were the same item just reposted it when I got more to sell. And I've always had people come to my house and never had any problems I did have one no show. 1) set up account it works for all the different areas. 2) It been along time but I believe they send you an email to verify it's valid 3) find area I want to post in Delaware, Milwaukee ect and if it's a large city you'll need to deside which area is closest to you 4) go to area you picked say Eastern Shore get on main page I mostly use smart phone top left is a menu touch it and you want to go to my account ( make sure if they sent verification email you verified it) 5) sign into your account I believe it gives you obtions of sell an item or my account, go to sell an item it will ask if you're the owner or I believe other is for mass selling. Then pick best category if it's a lawnmower go to garden ect. Now your making post it will give you options of default email which they recomend or the obtion of having them call or text you. Then you'll need to come up with a short popping post of course put in what your selling and any words that make it seem it's the best. Then give as much info as you can about item selling and make sure to be honest about it. There's an area that asks you who's manufacturer what's it's condition I usually skip that as it's in item description but it could help to sell it. Then theres a map so people know around where you are if you don't want them coming to your house put in zipcode of a town by you. Then it will have you upload pictures. Make sure the best one is uploaded first as that's the one that people see by your post and add the rest of pictures. Also at the beginning it will ask for a dollar amount for item. When pictures are done loading hit publish. Sometimes they send an email verifying post, but they will inform you they are. If they do make sure to go to email and verify it as item won't post till you do. Post will automatically delete after a month to 45 days it comes inactive first so you have option of reposting it. If you want to delete or modify posting sign into craiglist account and touch on my account and all your active and inactive posts are there touch on either delete post or edit. It's very simple and easy to do if you forget to fill in say asking price when you go to publish post it will tell you you something wasnt filled in. I know the government was trying to pass a law that we have to pay taxes on what we sell but I haven't done much selling on eBay or craiglist so I haven't checked if it passed It sounded like it wasn't going to. Hope this helps I am computer dumb and can post on here so most people should have no problems. Terri

By Terri S.

If you want support, go to a real site. Nothing but trolls at CL who prey on anyone asking for help in the forum.

By Sebastion L.

just set up another email account and your back on

By marla l.

Questions? Get answers from the Craigslist, Inc. staff and other customers.

16 Photos for Craigslist, Inc.

Craigslist, Inc.?