Review of Cozy

Portland, OR 97214
support@cozy.co

alycew2
9/24/19

There are so many websites where you can find out your credit score, Experian seems to be the main one that is being used, so how come Cozy gives me a very different score than Experian whom they say they used???????? When you check someones credit it shows up on there report,, This company is a scam...

yolandes1
9/13/19

I am a tenant and run into a double rent payment I made. I sent 2 emails to Cosy to reverse 1 payment, still 2 days later NO ANSWER, NO EMAILS from Cosy that HAS NO PHONE NUMBER AT ALL!!!!. They just sent you payment reminders, and collect the rent. When there is an issue, they play the dead with a FALSE ADVERTISEMENT CLAIMING 24 HR support. A SCAM, A SCAM, A SCAM!!!! I inform my landlord that I will pay by check now, no more COSY. A platform without any support. Do not get into it. All these negative reviews below are true!!!!
The owner of this business does not even try to respond to complains. A SCAM!!!!!

heata2
8/27/19

My title pretty much says it all. Cozy is a haven for scammers and has zero customer service. Not even a phone number. My tenant wanted to pay through Cozy so he could automate payments and I stupidly agreed without doing much research into the site. So he paid the security deposit, first month rent and cleaning deposit via Cozy. I gave him the keys and he moved in. 2 days later, he reversed the payments (before Cozy sent them to my bank account) and then closed his bank account. So, now I have this weasel in my condo with a signed lease and I have ZERO dollars. Cozy offers ZERO support. I got an eviction judgment on the guy today and found out that he had been evicted the month before and ran the exact same scam (via Cozy) on the prior landlord.

susand595
8/1/19

I have tried for 10 days to pay my rent, Cozy rejects the correct password doesn't send codes to access account, does not respond to emails, then sends emails that your account is past due. I will not renew my lease if this company is the only option I have to pay rent. The Worst!

barbaraw326
10/18/18

site does not work on so many levels-bad
set up password, but can't find site log in? what's with that, so set up another only to be told there is already and account, but still no place to enter to log in-frustrating!
sent them a contact about problem. used search to try to find my friends rental. Nothing works! Bad site

staceym75
6/20/18

When confronted about not having a phone number their reason is because they don't want me to be put on hold. Lmfao. It's scary to depend on a company that I can't speak to.

alann97
1/17/18

Avoid Cozy for listing and screenig services. They have a nice looking website but they push your listing out to several sites that they don;t disclose that allow prospective tenants to contact you with zero qualification, There Screening tool for credit and background reports is poor and the only way that they communicate is via email so if you have a problem, as I did, you will get no help. I had several applicants pay $40 to apply for my poprperty but I was never able to get their reports. I feel that I will have to refund their $. I tracked down Cozy's phone number and the recording sounded like a personal recording on an answering machine that used a cassette tape ... yes, you read that right. Definitely a FLY BY NIGHT OPERATION!!!!

donaldj28
12/11/17

I've had a terrible experience with Cozy. Everything set up fine, but when applications came in and they applied and did their credit and background check, I could not access them. Tech support was NO help. they kept throwing it back/blaming Experian. When I tried another site also using Experian for identity verification, it worked flawlessly. Told them about it and nothing..... They said I had to wait 3 days and TRY to verify my identity again, but no guarantees. So here I have live tenants that have applied and I cannot see their info...... Cannot intelligently respond to them as to the status of their application.... I invested all the time with them getting up and running now when it counts.. trying to get a good tenant in a time sensitive situation, NOTHING>..... So I would NOT recommend Cozy.

staceyl11
10/2/14

Signed up with them but they are having major website issues with registrations and bugs. Customer service was very prompt and supportive but website registration issues made tenants very uncomfortable with registration.

Would suggest going with a company that has been around longer and has processes and procedures in place too much hassle to deal with on this one for now.

Questions? Get answers from the Cozy staff and other customers.

Cozy?