CostumeDiscounters reviews

Tel: 866-413-5757
customerservice@costumediscounters.com

jessf37
2/5/19

Part of my costume was missing when I received my order. Emailed customer service the same day and asked for the missing items to be sent to me. No apology in the response I received and was told they would not ship me the missing items. Only offered me a refund of a very small portion of what I paid for the costume. The quality of the costume also did not match the price (overpriced and cheap quality). Had I known this would be the outcome I would have 100% shopped somewhere else!

annm341
10/29/17

I ordered a costume to be delivered over night, and paid $39.99 - as per their website,to go to a party with a group on Oct 28, Now, it appears that I will be getting it two days after Halloween. They said they will fully refund the costume. so I will have to PAY to ship it back, and lost $40 on the delivery. When I emailed them, they actually said that I paid for economy shipping. REALLY. Making them both liars and thieves. I've never been more disappointed.

maureenb30
12/26/16

I placed an order on December 9th and have yet to receive it!!!

dannyb66
12/18/16

Originally ordered three wisemen costumes, only two were shipped. Since this was for our Christmas Service, we paid extra postage ($19.99) to get it here on time. Well they shipped two, called to confirm that the order was in two shipments. Was told no. I said the story requires 3 wisemen and what could we do to get the last costume. Basically they could not overnight the last costume and the best they could do was refund the cost of the missing costume. I requested that the additional shipping charge be refunded also-but was repeatedly told no, you got two of them on time. Now having to pay additional shipping to another company to attempt to get the last wiseman costume. Turns out I wasn't very wise or they are not wise-because no more business from me.

davidy51
12/14/16

I ordered a costume through this site for an event. Wheny box arrived 4 days prior to the event it had a wig and shoes. No costume. They advised I had to ship the incorrect item back at my expense, reorder the correct item, and pay expedited shipping. When asked to speak with a supervisor no one was available but some one would call me back. Never received a call so called again tonight and no one available. Would not recommend this website and considering calling the better business bureau

jenniferk113
12/3/16

Costumes were never recieved and they won't refund my money. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

mariellay
10/29/16

I order 3 costumes back on September 24,I got only 3 costumes by end of October,I call I ask why u didn't tell me about the last costume? Not answer,very bad reception,COSTUME DISCOUNTERS VERY BAD BUSINESS,lies and more lies,is a waist of time.
Buy on Wallmart,Target, or Party city
Here is horrible,horrible,horrible!!!!

bethh41
10/25/16

We bought two Harry Potter ties on October 16 to go with our costumes. Received the order yesterday October 24 and only 1 tie in the box. I called and said a supervisor would get back to us after 28 hours no no phone call I called them back. After finally talking to a supervisor he said well they are out of stock. But they weren't when we did the online order. And nothing in the box said that they were sold out and that we'd get a refund. I had to call to get my refund and now 5 days before Halloween and 3 days before the Halloween party we have part of our costume missing and can't find anymore to order this late.

aprils63
10/20/16

I ordered 2 costumes for my nine-year-old girls I only received one apparently they let me purchase a costume and it was out of stock I purchase the costume September 21st I did not get the First costume until October 18th and never received the second costume I called to ask them about it and they told me that I should have received an email and it was out of stock so I won't be receiving it so now a little over a week before Halloween I gotta go tell my nine-year-old that the costume she had picked out and has been anxiously anticipating the arrival will not be coming I called them and spoke to Josh he was supposed to be a manager his ID is 2383 and he tells me I'm sorry there's nothing I can do I said you can't even help me out and get a costume for my nine-year-old and get it here in time for Halloween he said no worst service ever don't go there especially if you're ordering more than one or you have a deadline to get it by

cherylr31
9/26/16

I ordered a costume for my 3-year-old on 9/12 and checked on order when I hadn't received it in after 2 weeks. I then discovered that they would not be able to ship the order until 10/20-- too late to use it for some of the Halloween parties. I will not use this company again.

taylorl32
9/23/16

I ordered my 3 year old a costume and they told me my credit card was declined! It's a good think I checked because it most definitely was not declined, I sent a screenshot to them showing them the money was taken out and they have the audacity to ask me to try and reorder because they didn't receive the money!! NOW it's a week closer to Halloween and I have to struggle to find my poor baby the costume he wants!! SO FURIOUS!!! NEVER ORDER THROUGH THEM!!

desk3
9/1/16

They never get back to you especially when they owe you money. I have waited since June for a refund and still waiting with me chasing them continuously. They make excuses from goods not returned until I proved it, cause they couldn't find it, even though they signed for the goods. They are a joke.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you don't want a refund as they are shocking. Go somewhere else

nathann7
2/5/16

Is 0 stars an option?
I ordered a $20 wig from this company and paid $8 in shipping expecting it arrive within 7-10 business days. After the 12th day I checked the tracking information. The delivery had been canceled and I was given no further information. My refund was directly deposited back to me, but only $6!!! I was charged $15 for services and given no merchandise!
I called the company to try to find a resolution. The lady on the phone was completely rude and basically told me I should have waited all day for the package to arrive at the destination. She refused to accept any responsibility for the fact that the company she works for had just taken money from me for nothing in return. She then said a manager would be in contact with me. It's been 2 weeks since that phone conversation and I'm still waiting.
This company is absolutely terrible. Failure to communicate, failure to accept responsibility and failure follow through. Do yourself a favor and avoid Costume Discounters at all cost.

lizb49
1/13/16

I had the worst experience with them on the timeliness of the order. The order was received so late that we weren't able to use any of the costumes for the show. Then they didn't want to refund the shipping cost that we paid to get it on time

jacquelynb4
12/22/15

I go to a lot of festivals and on Jam cruise every year so I buy costumes year round. My experience with this company was by far the worst I have ever had. First, their website is poorly constructed. They use PayPal as a payment option but the website didn't input the address properly from paypal. I noticed the error within seconds of receiving the electronic receipt. They only input the first line of the address, in my case, dropping the suite number to my office. I immediately contacted them thru their website to let them know of their error and hopefully save us both some grief. Sure enough, the error was never corrected. The package was undeliverable. I ordered the item 30 days before travel and they would not resend it until received by their dept and processed...even tho they could track it and see it was on its way. Luckily karma was on my side. I found the item cheaper on another site with much better service. They expedited the shipping and saved me 45 dollars. I will never shop with this company and I recommend you save yourself some unnecessary stress and avoid them as well. Costumes should be fun and this company made my experience anything but fun!

mr400
12/12/15

I placed an order on Nov. 30, was told it would be shipped to me via UPS on Dec. 4. Not so. When I called, apparently they shipped it using Surepost - but never told me or alerted me that it would be changed from UPS shipping. To date, I still do not know where my package is and haven't received a refund! I placed another other at the recommendation of a supervisor Brian, this time using my P.O. Box, today, I still do not have my second order that was promised to be delivered 12/11/15. Calling customer service I was told well, it's that time of year and you're not the only one! REALLY, you've got to be kidding me! I do not want to hear that when you've taken $81.45 twice, but I have nothing to show for it and won't receive a refund I'm told until it returns to their warehouse! No one knows where these too packages are and aren't willing to help and even though I made it clear this is for an upcoming Christmas Play!

Tip for consumers: Never order from here. They have the shipping information buried at the bottom of the page under 5-6 paragraphs. Not fair so you don't know where or who is delivering your packages!

chrisd147
12/10/15

I placed an order just before Halloween. The actual order came and was as described, The problem was that I found a price that was much much cheaper at another online retailer. I sent an email to the company, requesting their price match policy (plus 20% off) yet i heard nothing in response. Not even a confirmation that they received my email with the request. A couple of days later, i sent another email asking if they received my request. A few days later, i still heard nothing from Costume Discounters so i called. The rep that i spoke to said that she would leave the info "in the warehouse and that someone would get back to me. Days later, still nothing, so i called again. Spoke with another rep and gave them all of my information, and again, they claimed someone would get back to me. Guess what, still nothing. I finally sent them a 3rd email letting them know that i am going to leave them negative reviews and file formal complaints with the Federal Trade Commission, the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General's office, due to their false advertising of a price match policy. It has been 2 days since that email was sent and here we are....

Tip for consumers: Don't expect to receive a price match

trentj3
11/10/15

This company is the worst that I have ever dealt with. I placed a costume order on October 21, 2015 that somehow got lost and marked undeliverable. In attempting to track it down at the postoffice no one could locate it or track it. It is now November 10, 2015. And no one still knows where package is (post office, UPS or Costume discounters). All I asked for was my money back $129.50 and they won't refund it because they don't have the returned package that is lost. Not only did I not receive costumes but I still haven't received my money back for items that this company didn't deliver on. Never use this company unless you want to get disappointed
Dr. Trent Jones

tinal42
10/21/15

UNSCRUPULOUS, DISHONEST, ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

This company claims that they will "price match competitor's sale + give 20% off". I wanted to purchase a costume for my daughter which another site advertised as $21.95, but they couldn't send out the costume on time. CostumeDiscounters showed that the costume will arrive by 10/29/15, on time for Halloween, but their price shows $29.59. I called them to speak with a representative (Kendra) who said that they only match their competitor's "non-sale" price, so their "sale" price of $29.59 is actually better than the competitor. OK, then can I get an additional 20% off 29.59? They said "no, the 29.59 includes the 20% off already." I read to them their own website promise, which says the 20% is in addition to the "match price guarantee", and the agent continues to insist that 29.59 was the only price she could give. I told her this is DISHONEST ADVERTISING and they should be ashamed of themselves. I'm not surprised to go online to see multiple complaints about this unscrupulous company. I hope they go out of business!!!

wendyl28
10/14/15

I have never been so disapointed with costumes ordered. Im so embarrased to have my grandkids wear this junk..all costumes ordered are not the same as pictured on site. BEWARE!!!

Tip for consumers: Go somewhere else..

anneb37
5/6/15

"Do not buy from this company. Their costumes are cheap and the sizes are incorrect. I received my order, however was unable to pick it up as I have been very ill. When I was able to finally get the item and try it on, one of the items was broken, another the seaming falling apart, and one didn't fit. When I called beyond the 10 days, one salesperson was rude and the supervisor would not exchange the one item for a different size. Do not buy from them - they are cheap. Not worth the hassle."

brandis10
10/31/14

This company has one of the WORST customer service departments I have ever dealt with!!! DO NOT shop here!!! I ordered a Ghostbusters costume for my daughter on 10/26 and had it 2 day shipped because she planned to wear it to school on Friday. Well first of all whenI placed the order over the phone the customer service rep I spoke to was VERY incompetent. He acted like he could not understand what I wanted to order and then even after I SPELLED out my email he sent my conformation to the WRONG email. Since I hadn't got an email to conform my order I called them on 10/27 (late afternoon) and the lady acted like she couldn't hear me and I had to repeat everything I said about 3 times. I asked her if they could send me a conformation email and she said she was unsure and that the warehouse handled that!!! My expected arrival was 10/29 via UPS. When it arrived on 10/29 the costume bag inside the UPS bag was torn open (UPS bag was sealed) and ONLY the dress part of the costume was in the bag!!! It was supposed to have a belt, hat and backpack with it! I immediately got on the phone to try to see if they could overnight me a new one but the rep I spoke to was USELESS!! He did not help me at all and when I asked for manager he put me on hold only to come back and say he would refund my money! I told him again I wanted to speak to a manager and he again put me on hold and after about 3-5 min wait he came back to say that all managers were extremely busy and would I like one to call me back or hold. I chose to hold so after about 5-7 min on hold finally a "manager" and I use that term loosely; picked up and I asked what I was supposed to do for a costume now. He said that he could ship another but could not gurantee overnight delivery by this afternoon (10/30) so that my daughter could have it for school on 10/31.He even told me to go check local Halloween stores.I live in a small town and only place like that would be Walmart which by now is picked over!! Which is why I ordered online to begin with!!! Told me it will by 5-7 days before I get that money back. Most likely after looking at reviews online I will not get it! But anyway I would NEVER shop here again!!! They are awful. Also the piece of the costume we did receive looks NOTHING like the one on website!!! I think one star for them is to many!!

tammyd8
9/26/14

"I have never been so discussed with a company ever! First repersentative told me i qualified for easy prepaid returns policy which was a main concern of mine since i am in canada, so she convinced me it was easy and would not cost me anything extra for ordering out of province...so i ordered. When i got my costume, was not right one. Then i call and the rep says i qualify just print out prepaid label..(sounded easy enought, so i tryed) label would not print, so i called and next rep tells me that i don't qualify for anything i was told before that persauded me to order in the first place. This company lies to you to get your order than rips you off 50$ in shipping and return cost. I was told i would be credited the shipping at first now i am not and its $30 shipping! LIes lies lies, every rep has a different story. I will never ever order from them and will make sure no one in my area does either, i will report this on every social media site i can think of so they don't lie , cheat and steal from someone else trying to enjoy halloween with thier children. Terrible terrible company.and btw, the rating stars dont go low enough for how i really feel. and i wish i would have read all the negitive reviews before i ordered since now i see other ppl had the same problems as i had. they are a real scam and should be ashamed!

barbaraf17
4/30/14

Costume Discounters offers costumes by the decades for easy navigation by your party's theme. Right now they have a 15% off site wide promotion on costumes that are $20 or more. Most of their constumes have a special promo price as well. They also offer free shipping on orders that are $70 or more.

elinan3
10/21/13

My boyfriend and I ordered our costumes online last minute after having zero luck at local stores. This site had the lowest prices out of the ones I checked and a 30% off coupon on the entire order. We needed the costumes for a bartending job on the 27th, so I paid for expedited shipping to make sure everything arrived on time since there were only 6 business days until the event and we live in Canada. The estimated delivery date was the 23rd, the package arrived this evening (the 21st). Nothing is missing and it all looks good.

I had the same problem tracking my order as the other reviewer noted. Also, the expedited shipping cost to Canada was hefty ($45) but not unusual -- several other sites I checked ranged from $30-50. The coupon code saved me $37 so I came out more or less break even on that. Overall I'm very happy and would definitely order from them again.

Questions? Get answers from the CostumeDiscounters staff and other customers.

CostumeDiscounters?