Review of ConsumerCellar

ConsumerCellar reviews

12447 Southwest 69th Avenue

robint86
7/2/18

They had a promotion for a free month. Postpaid surprise billed day sim ordered. In fact they were apprised I had service until end of March. Told okay as long sim activated before March 31
Bill arrived. Told me a tax. Unfortunately , at the time did not see bill on opposite side.
They lied to FCC.
In fact they checked my credit without permission. I received an alert. Called consumer Cellular ask if I wanted complaint against customer service agent. Said no
In retrospect, should have negated deal right then and there
Fyi they sent another bill.
Consumercellular lower bill to about 27$. Fraud department with AARP advised not pay it
Received two emails from corporate. She made mistake on first one. I never signed up for service
Email two I received my free month
I cut their service short and install mint sim card
I certainly had no need for two Cellular companies at same time.
In fact sent FCC and ftc documentation of everything
One can find the offer on their blog and an affiliate
Next they are post paid.
Their data is the most expensive on the market.
In fact read many complaints
Customers complained charged for data. They did not receive a text. In fact they were on wifi and had not used data
The fraud unit told me thousands of complaints against consumer Cellular on the free month. Many more on other aspects of service
About the above, money was removed from the customers bank accounts
If AARP does not remove this company from a recommended service I will not renew aarp membership
Next , advice get a Factory unlock cell. If with a carrier get Unlock code for your cell. It's your right (text now phones cannot be unlocked , there are others fyi)
Again a credit check? I bought no phone from consumer Cellular
They lied to FCC
In fact a rep with consumer Cellular , Manny, admitted to the above. People in effect lured in with promise of free month.
There is not one positive aspect of this carrier
There is a lot of competition
By the way before i inserted sim I again ask consumercellular if still eligible for free month
After switching to another carrier almost 2 hours port no. Why? Consumer Cellular had billed and bilked me
No idea why FCC found in their favor. In fact I faxed FCC with evidence anyone could discern I was correct.
Thanks for reading
PS USPS. Mail fraud
Will be filing with atty gen of my state , their state , and better business bureau (they do not side with consumer in most cases and have authority to do nothing legally against anyone)
Who is going to pay for my time.
I'm not letting them get away with bilking people
Fyi I used to work for a consumer union publication

lynns134
1/16/18

ordered a new phone got a refurbished one with problems they could't fix. sent it back and they sent me a new sim card for my old phone that only lasted a couple of days. they told me they new it was going to be no good just didn't know the exact date. in my last 60 days of service i was without all service for 12 days and had no voicemail for all of it. spent 5 hours with their help desk in this time and got nothing done, they also refused to port my # to my new carrier. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!

florancel
10/7/17

I have had sprint for a long time they are a really great company wouldn't change. But they really didn't have what I was looking to get my mom. I need something really easy for her and she really didn't need a lot so, I went on consumer cellar site and got a very simple plan. So they confirm my order and sent me a conformation email phone would be here in 3 to 5 days. So I waited no phone came so I call they told me that they need a copy of my id and a bill with my address and copy of my credit card I was using. I could not beleave this. I did not have this much with getting my account with sprint ever again. I will ever deal with them again. And I would ever tell anyone about them other then to stay clear from this company.

juliev20
8/9/16

I have been with Consumer Cellular about five years, now. I previously had Tracfone. My husband had Great Call. I like the Doro phone. Very simple, but loud enough and the emergency button is great! My hubby bumps his "5-Star" [Great Call] constantly! Mine [Consumer Cellular] must be pressed three times, making it far better, in my opinion. Their customer service is really great! It's one place that you are not charged for a SIM card. My bill is always under thirty dollars a month. I can't find anything better, and I have looked! Square Trade was worth it to me. I fouled up my phone and had to have a new, refurbished, one sent out. Definitely glad I pay for square Trade.
My husband just received his new phone and he is beyond thrilled! It has been easy for him to get used to, and he transferred his old Tracfone number. We highly recommend the Doro phone over the less expensive one. It is worh the extra $20.00.

scotta45
3/8/16

Low cost, no bs cellphone service.
Service quality is excellent.
If you're a senior like me, and are not surgically attached to your phone, these guys are great.

pamh7
2/16/16

Since Thursday I have respectively spent 47 minutes, 38 minutes, 19 minutes, 27 minutes and 9 minutes on hold (as well as several more calls my mind is blocking out) to Consumer Cellular. I've been to the library twice to use their wi-fi to download a fix as well as my neighbors living room. Nada. In addition I've listened to one rep complain how he arrived for work but no one had opened the building and another complain that he was really tech support (but didn't fix my problem) but if there were no tech calls he was to handle customer calls and if the were none of those he was supposed to make sales calls. Once they bumped me up to "concierge service" (read PITA and I don't want to deal with them) where I could hear thirty other people talking to customers. Phil in concierge did nothing for me and was not amused when I suggested that as a concierge he should at least have his own cubicle.

gian453
12/20/15

So this is supposed to be a nice easy company for senior citizens through AARP. Think again. The over charged my 70 yr old mother for months of mistakes that their company made, then canceled her acct and gave her a new number without even telling her!!! She rec'd a new SIM card in the mail and a new number and God forbid an accident would've happened, she would've had no cell phone and no knowledge of not having an activated cell phone!! They don't check their change of address on the envelope and then mail it to the old address for 3 mos before trying to reach her and they try to reach her in her cell phone, NOT the home phone and my mom doesn't even have her vcml set up and they never tried to reach her any other ways or ever went back and checked their records. Needless to say we canceled and beware! Don't trust this company to take advantage of your poor unsuspecting senior citizen parents or grandparents, bc they are sure robbing more than just my Mother! Totally poor company training and bad customer service. This has been going on since May 2015, it's now December. And they still couldn't get it right, I canceled today and will be going to a better company. A few dollars more per month is surely worth avoiding this headache.

kevins93
11/2/15

I've been with CC for awhile now, and I have never had a problem with my phone or service. actually for the last couple years with them, I have received extra mins, data, and text for the same price. I believe they have boosted my plan 3x since I have signed up. If your just a normal phone user and want to create your own plan , this is the company to get a phone. I have plenty of mins,text, and data for about 35.00. thats a decent deal.

Questions? Get answers from the ConsumerCellar staff and other customers.

ConsumerCellar?