Developed in part with a grant from
the National Science Foundation
Review of Colist

Colist reviews

Is this your business?
8 reviews
19 Langang
Langang, K?_rnten 9841, Austria
Tel: +43 1 3009229

8 Reviews From Our Community

4 stars
3 stars
2 stars
Service
0
Value
0
Shipping
0
Returns
0
Quality
0

All Reviews

wolfgangs5
1 review
0 helpful votes
11/24/17

schnelle Lieferung meiner Übersetzung in sehr guter Qualität. Lasse ab jetzt immer hier übersetzen - endlich mal ein Übersetzungsbüro was hält was es verspricht!

manuelar
1 review
3 helpful votes
9/25/13

my translation from italian to dutch and swedish was done perfect!

annabellej2
1 review
5 helpful votes
9/25/13

I used the colist translation service and everything was ok!

philw4
1 review
3 helpful votes
7/11/13

The site tries to get you subscribe with a free 1-month trial. Then after one month the listing automatically converts into a pay-listing, which you aggreed to with the small print details. colist.eu itself claims differently and tries to enforce the payment. I am about to veryfy if this method does not go agains european law, which asks clearly for a very well defined information policy. My take right now is, that the site just tries to scare you with warnings but cannot enforce payment. We will not pay.

In German, as that's the language in which the site colist.eu is mostly marketed:
Die colist.eu Seite lockt mit einem kostenlosen Eintrag Firmen in sein Firmenverzeichnis. Nach einem Monat wird aus dem kostenlosen Testeintrag gemäss Kleingedrucktem ein zu bezahlender Eintrag. Da die Information dazu im Kleingedruckten und nicht direkt neben dem "Kaufen" Link steht, ist dies höchstwahrscheinlich ein Verstoss gegen EU-Recht. Wir klären dies im Moment ab. Auf jeden Fall warne ich aber alle Seitenbetreiber vor Colist.eu, denn die Mitteilung, dass der Eintrag nun zu bezahlen ist, kommt nur wenige Tage nach Ablauf der Testperiode, davor wird natürlich nichts gesagt. Schliesslich will man die Falle ja zuschnappen lassen und hält alle drohenden Emails und gar eine Rechnung per Einschreiben schon bereit. Einschüchterung put.

elenp
2 reviews
4 helpful votes
5/18/12

Constantly spamming all emails with untrusted scam.

arthurg2
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
3/31/10

This company is spamming us constantly to push its translation services, using a company in the Seychelles (www.company-marketing.com) and servers in Panama (www.hostingpanama.com).
Altogether a totally disreputable practice. Stay away from them.

erich
1 review
1 helpful vote
6/16/09

Attention à colist (colist.eu) : ils ont un système de vente forcée imaginaire. Ils harcèlent les gens en envoyant des factures. Je tiens à signaler que je subis un harcèlement depuis des semaines pour payer une facture imaginaire. Sur un simple clic par hasard sur leur site ou en répondant à un email (je ne sais plus), ils créent une fiche de votre site, et envoient une facture par un système de vente forcée, alors même qu'il n'y a pas de demande de prestation. Ils menacent ensuite chaque semaine d'utiliser la justice pour faire payer leur prestation non demandée !!! Fuyez ce site escroc et appelez la police, prévenez tout le monde !

Be careful this site is not honest !

stevenc
1 review
3 helpful votes
6/1/09

I received an invitation from this company to list my business on their site. As it seems to provide business listings amongst EU countries (I'm an American who lives in Britain), and the company offered a "free test", I thought I'd give it a try and listed both my sites. In short, one day beyond the cancellation date (the actual day was on a Holiday) this company has harrassed me for a full months' payment for both sites, though I cancelled the listing. It's not yet been taken off the site! Personally, I would call this a "small print" scam. The company is presently threatening legal action!! Have to throw my hands up here; like so many of us often do, I didn't read the small print thoroughly and it 's VERY CLEVERLY worded, but I must say, I think this is a most unethical and deceitful way for a company to operate, legality notwithstanding. I want to start making people aware to BEWARE of this company. I'll keep you posted on what their legal action shapes up to be.

Customer Questions & Answers

Helpful answer 0
Votes
Thanks for voting!
Not as helpful
Question:
Answer:

Is there more clear about what their legal actions will be?

By j h.
Helpful answer 0
Votes
Thanks for voting!
Not as helpful
Question:
Answer:

No answers yet. Answer this question
Questions? Get answers from the Colist staff and other customers.
Note: this is not for reviews - click here to write a review
Get notified about new answers to your questions.
Posting guidelines
Typical questions asked:
  • How long does shipping take?
  • What is the return policy?
  • Where is the company located?

Did You Find This Page Useful?

Sites You Might Also Like

Business owners: What’s your side of the story?

Register now for free – get notified of new reviews, respond to consumer feedback, add new photos to your page and much more.

Manage your business
×
Have a question about
Colist?
Post Review