Colist

Colist has a consumer rating of 2.5 stars from 8 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Colist ranks 70th among Directories sites.

How would you rate Colist?

“This company is spamming us constantly to push its...”

Arthur G.
3/31/10

This company is spamming us constantly to push its translation services, using a company in the Seychelles (www.company-marketing.com) and servers in Panama (www.hostingpanama.com). Altogether a totally disreputable practice. Stay away from them.

annabellej2
September 25th, 2013

I used the colist translation service and everything was ok!

manuelar
September 25th, 2013

My translation from italian to dutch and swedish was done perfect!

elenp
May 18th, 2012
arthurg2
March 31st, 2010

Altogether a totally disreputable practice. Stay away from them.

stevenc
June 1st, 2009

I received an invitation from this company to list my business on their site. As it seems to provide business listings amongst EU countries (I'm an American who lives in Britain), and the company offered a "free test", I thought I'd give it a try and listed both my sites. In short, one day beyond the cancellation date (the actual day was on a Holiday) this company has harrassed me for a full months' payment for both sites, though I cancelled the listing. It's not yet been taken off the site! Personally, I would call this a "small print" scam. The company is presently threatening legal action! Have to throw my hands up here; like so many of us often do, I didn't read the small print thoroughly and it 's VERY CLEVERLY worded, but I must say, I think this is a most unethical and deceitful way for a company to operate, legality notwithstanding. I want to start making people aware to BEWARE of this company. I'll keep you posted on what their legal action shapes up to be.

philw4
July 11th, 2013

The site tries to get you subscribe with a free 1-month trial. Then after one month the listing automatically converts into a pay-listing, which you aggreed to with the small print details. colist.eu itself claims differently and tries to enforce the payment. I am about to veryfy if this method does not go agains european law, which asks clearly for a very well defined information policy. My take right now is, that the site just tries to scare you with warnings but cannot enforce payment. We will not pay.

In German, as that's the language in which the site colist.eu is mostly marketed:
Die colist.eu Seite lockt mit einem kostenlosen Eintrag Firmen in sein Firmenverzeichnis. Nach einem Monat wird aus dem kostenlosen Testeintrag gemäss Kleingedrucktem ein zu bezahlender Eintrag. Da die Information dazu im Kleingedruckten und nicht direkt neben dem "Kaufen" Link steht, ist dies höchstwahrscheinlich ein Verstoss gegen EU-Recht. Wir klären dies im Moment ab. Auf jeden Fall warne ich aber alle Seitenbetreiber vor Colist.eu, denn die Mitteilung, dass der Eintrag nun zu bezahlen ist, kommt nur wenige Tage nach Ablauf der Testperiode, davor wird natürlich nichts gesagt. Schliesslich will man die Falle ja zuschnappen lassen und hält alle drohenden Emails und gar eine Rechnung per Einschreiben schon bereit. Einschüchterung put.

Is there more clear about what their legal actions will be?

By j h.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Colist staff and other customers.

? bersetzungsb?_ro,? Bersetzungsservice, Firmenverzeichnis, Webseiten, Internet-Shops

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Colist?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

2.5
Have a question about Colist?