Coffee Meets Bagel reviews

contact@coffeemeetsbagel.com
2017 Customer choice award

winniey1
10/30/17

I believe I met the same scammer as Jac T and Jessica A, formerly Terry and now known as Chao or Paul (Facebook profile Chao Paul). Architect from Leicester, has a UK mobile number, lives there and works on building design projects.  Dad passed away from HK, Korean mom very sick (initially minor surgery) in hospital.  No siblings no relatives.  Claimed to be from HK and looking for matches from HK.  He is a good looking Korean (speaks native English) and would send you photos and videos with his dog Teddy. In the end he had an emergency and asked to borrow 700 pounds to pay for his mom hospital bill.   I said no and he kept messaging and sent me a photo of the bill.  I told him UK hospital treatment is free and his bill is not in pounds.  He then insulted me and blocked me on WeChat. Beware and don't waste time on him ladies!

margueritef1
10/17/17

I just started using Coffee Meets Bagel a few weeks ago, and I've been such high quality med who are serious and actually want a long term serious relationship. It's so exciting to meet such nice men, I've tried other apps and it was not the same caliber of people, I am so pleased so far! We'll see what happens! :)

islandg1
Lesley d.
10/14/17

This is a really weird dating app in my experience. I don't think I met a real person on here. I wasn't on here for long to be fair. Many of the profile pics seemed like stock photos and there was no one anywhere near where I lived and I lived in a very big city of Canada. This is a weird place. Don't go here. lol

serenas12
9/21/17

I joined this site in hopes of meeting people that like me have no time for the real socializing that it takes to meet someone! I believe in actual communication and will not endure endless texting. First off I am confident that many of their man traps are not even in the United States I won't say how I know but be leery because there are many tell tale signs! Many of the profiles are written in a way that give clues to and only if you pay attention will you quickly discover there is a pattern. Many of these guys will claim to be out of the country for a short while or in another state for few days. If this is true CMB has some of the most traveled members I have ever seen! The other thing is and I really hate today it is the number of biracial pics posted! I know what year it is but just like the traveling thing I find it hard to believe that so many are not only featured that way but pushed that way too! As far as choices? I have to say they have been fun to look at all the pretty pics but really... I think the profiles are fake; and to support my claim a lot of the guys have later showed up as banned for "suspicious" behavior! Yes I have talked to a handful of guys and only one did I find interesting enough to stay in touch with, way too many send their bagels to meet me and don't follow through. I think that is administration's attempts to keep you interested! Yes there are a few American men whose profiles are real but trust me you will go through those quickly and get the fakers! Fortunately I have NEVER paid a dime to these people and from the looks of things I won't in the future!

anto2272
9/10/17

Ladies beware!! Im from NY and matched with a "Keven" from CT who happens to be an engineer. The profile pic is this really sexy, white as can be, buff man He also wrote in his profile he works for "El-Alan". I googled it and its an engineering company in NIGERIA! We did exchange phone numbers and when he texted me he introduced himself as "Kevin" and the way he texted indicated to me that he had an accent. So i called him bc i needed to hear it for myself. We talked for 2 minutes and he ended up having an accent saying he moved from Rome when he was 16. He also stated that he has a contract to work in Nigeria (yeah ok) I asked him if he spoke or understood Italian he said yes but when i busted out my Italian (which he didnt expect) he had no idea the basic simple question i asked in Italian. I knew he was full of it! I told him i wasnt buying his bull$#*! and hung up. Before i blocked him, he changed his employer to "n/a"!!! Ladies please please watch out. Always google EVERYTHING even phone numbers!! Its a scary world out there!

elisabethc7
8/24/17

this is the absolute worst app. everyone has fake profiles and is looking to scam. complete and total waste of time. i notified cmb 3 x of obvious catfish with no response. irresponsible.

nn69
8/19/17

Similar: widower, engineer, blondish w/ beard, horrid English, marine engineer, thus, out to sea for long periods

jact2
8/16/17

Beware of the man named Terry Cheng Aaron. Director of a company called Terry Dream World Construction. He is from Manchester and he will give you his company website and address. He claimed his Father has passed away... Mom passed away and was from Hong Kong. He loves Singapore and able to give examples like the local food he likes and place. He chats ... Write poems and tell you how much he feels and love you. Gave you a lot of promises but all seemed too good to be true. Says he will visit you and then last minute held up at another country with all sorts of reasons that seemed like more exciting than Korean dramas... Then asked for $$ help in the end. Recently he changed his profile at Coffee Meet Bagel.
Well... I also do know of some "real" men and all are alright. Just keep an open mind and be mindful who you are chatting with.

claudiaf25
8/16/17

A lot of fake profiles. I think they purposely make them to collect more money. it is also very expensive. You have to pay for each bagel. So, for example, I have successfully connected with 20 nice guys (too good to be true) They all sent me likes and connected with me. Therefore they also used their bagels, but afterward - no conversations....It is just too weird. If they would be real people and they paid money, then they would communicate. Obviously fake! It is too easy to create nice profiles of handsome doctors and lawyers, etc so people pay more money.

juliae20
8/6/17

Thank you for your reviews, this "guy" is just like you described. An "engineer" from a foreign university (from Frankfurt, German). He's a "widower" with an 8 year old son and is moving to San Jose (semi-near me) to open a branch. He owns his own environmental engineering company called - http://www.dquestengineering.com - and his name is no where to be found and the phone numbers don't work. He's blonde and has a beard. His English is pretty bad and he only wanted to email, no whatsapp (I asked him 3x) and send one pic of whoever this blonde guy is with a 3 year old boy. He showers me with compliments and says he wants to take our friendship further on this great platform, email (WTF)!!! Again thank you for your reviews!

jessicaa147
7/21/17

Just beware of this man by the name of Terry from Singapore and his employer is TerryDreamworld construction.He is actually from U.K. Cut the story short after chatting with him for a month, he told me he met some legal issue in another country and asked money from me to help him. All kind of excuses and lot of doubtful unanswered questions. Now he had changed his profile in CMB recent. Just beware ladies out there.

michelles310
6/25/17

I have been on this site for six months now and I am still to see a profile that is of a real person that lives in my city. All the profiles I see are of men either in the oil and gas field or engineers. 95% supposedly have degrees from universities in Finland, Sweden or Israel. I have written to Coffee Meets Bagles on several occasions about The incredibly large percentage of scammers they have, but they don't care

thereses17
5/31/17

Disgusting how unscrupulous! Beware!!! Most say they are engineers! Besides that, you get one bagle every day or two! Seriously! And they have nerve to charge you fir beans! For what! It's a scam!

shelias7
5/6/17

I have gotten one Fake profiles after another on this site!!! It's the worst dating site I've tried! It's all Fake!

nataliec44
4/11/17

I rarely see a male profile that looks like a real person in my age bracket (49-57). There are a lot of patterns to the scam profiles which, in addition to the strange English, makes them easy to spot.

emilyg69
3/28/17

Someone tried to scam me on here last week. I caught on immediately and blocked him ("Clifford" or whatever his real name is). Beware!

jonnys2
3/18/17

I have not encountered fake profiles like some appear to have, but the concept is utterly horrible. You get a picture of a girl whom you immediately don't like but you're stuck with her for the next 24 hours, and that's it. One picture you can look at. There are others but you gotta pay for them. It should be called Coffee Meets Beagles.

janed197
3/9/17

I connected with a guy who said his name was Ramos Taylor, an Orthopedic doctor that lived in Downtown Los Angeles. I googled his pictures and it belonged to a doctor in Sao Paolo, Brazil name Dr. Bruno Gustavo. Dr. Gustavo has a Twitter and Instagram account and practically post pics of himself and gives out nutritional/health advice on a daily basis.

I am so sick of these fake profiles--I've lost count of the number of fake profiles that have crossed my path--that I automatically do Google research on every guy that I correspond with.

Ladies/Gents...BEWARE!

jik26
2/20/17

I've recently found a few profiles that looked like one of the founders. Actually, it was.
I alerted customer service and they acknowledged that they were fake.
What's intriguing to me is that of all people...why would or how would they let fake profiles of one of their founders be trolling around unless it was done intentionally.
I haven't heard back from customer service about this except the fact that they took down the so called "fake profiles".
I believe they're trying to conduct some beta testing at the expense of real users

michelleb242
2/9/17

I connected with guy Ralph Conner, the name srated in his profile...He is a African credit card scammer...Within 1 month the sad sorry started..He was working in Turkey, but the only way he could get paid, is I'd I sent him my credit card number, and they will use my line of credit to pay him and then deposit the money back into my account....Scammer....other than that I have connected with some good guys that I still talk to!

patriciar126
12/7/16

Experience will tell.. Learn about scammers. I recently joined Coffee meets Bagel.
All the men in my age range.. Widowed, with or without children.
European. Seemed okay at first then I put it together. They all have similar profile. One man even used Paul Hollywood's photo as his. Thank goodness my co-worker recognized this and alerted me. when I confronted "Michael" about the photos he left the chat room and removed his profile.

Another "architect" from England, that 'lives' in US (widower) uses Viber for phone.. seems legitimate... until no one answers and they don't call.

Lesson learned. Be EXTREMELY cautious. I will not share anymore info online.

Overall Coffee Meets Bagel seems good... but I'm getting scammed .. :(

abhik6
9/14/16

The site is just another Dating scam.

Please stay away from it.

taylorn12
8/22/16

I liked the idea of this app at first but upon using it was not as different from the others as you think. Same idea.

kristanm
3/2/16

The only way you can supposedly delete an account is to email Coffee meets bagel. I have emailed them 5 times in the last month and they won't respond. Terrible app with no good matches and you can never delete it.

aliced21
2/15/16

I tried to use this site because a friend likes it. I got as far as downloading the app and putting in my info but had no idea where to go from there. I emailed them about trying to get info on email or on my regular computer but they said it all had to be done on my phone, My screen is too tiny for that

129 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

If it sounds like a scam, ie they want you to send money, it probably is. Also if you've ever met the person face to face, and they need you to send money in order to met, its a scam.

By Daniel A.
Helpful answer -1

No-stay away from these sites too-they are scams and filled with fake people and bots too

By Daman Y.
Questions? Get answers from the Coffee Meets Bagel staff and other customers.

Coffee Meets Bagel?