Coffee Meets Bagel reviews

contact@coffeemeetsbagel.com
2017 Customer choice award

truths8
9/20/18

Horrible site. First time trying. I am multilingual so amazong how many men there claim to have been born in another country then have the wrong accent or suddenly run if you say a few words in their "native" language. Oh... and never seen so many "doctors and lawyers". The rest are unattractive or looking for 1 night stands. The owners should be investigated or at least be ashamed for the money they try to get from people. Never doing any site experiements again

kates198
9/19/18

I get the sense that this was never a dating site. Every single person that has contacted me on the site and I mean EVERY, has turned out to be a fake profile after online dating 101 investigation and some very short conversation. These red flags are the ones to look out for. Please understand one or two of these could be completely normal, but all the scammers on here use the same BS. You'd think professional scammers would come up with better schtick.

1. in the military
2. widow
3 raising children on their own
4. Swear they're American, but write in VERY broken English which could not be jsu typos
5. Never just looking to date, meet, get to know someone...always looking for their soulmate.
6. Many times their profile answers do not match what they answer when chatting. I had one "widower" that had a 5 year old daughter and 8 year old son on his profile, but when I asked about his children, his son was 5 and his daughter was 8. He also said he was in Real Estate, but the company listed had absolutely nothing to do with Real Estate
7. They NEVER want to give proof of who they are... another online dating 101 rule. If you push for proof, conversation ends.

There's more, but I have wasted my time enough on this App and these scammers, so I'm deleting. Good luck with that karma scammers, and I wish only the best to all the single men and women actually, honestly seeking a connection. :-)

joannas67
9/15/18

Don't go to this site, I was there trying something new, nothing but Nigerian scam artist. One ask me to give him $50 buck gift card. "AS IF, I will give a stranger money" no way....they pray on single mothers. Be aware ladies, read into their words. I am sorry for the person who picture their using, I am sure he is not even aware his information is being used to scam women. Good thing I know scam when I see one, looks to good to be true run.......

windya3
9/13/18

Alot of scammers on this platform. Unless the guy can meet you face to face, dont bother. 100% that he is a fake. Attached photo is a famous 52 year old photographer cum model of Singapore Tan Chuan Do but look at what the profile states. Found many similar profiles.

kevinb87
9/7/18

The app is a complete scam. There are no genuine profiles on there. Unless you want to marry into Nigerian royalty don't bother with this.

saraha263
8/21/18

This app is totally fake. I got "connected" with 4 guys who chatted with me, I responded then I never heard from them again. Their messages seemed fishy too. Remember how you agree to allow an app access to all your $#@! before you install? Pretty sure this is the sole motive for CMB. Shay-dee!

wendyf48
8/21/18

where every match that is followed by a chat ends with CMB saying the user on the other end is suspicious. what a waste of time and energy.

rachelc229
8/14/18

Talked to a guy for 4 weeks. Found out he was sending me photos and videos of some foreign actor. this is the 2nd time this happened in this CMB. Stay away!

kristenb111
8/6/18

I have found success on other dating apps but was hoping to find more professional and educated men like myself on CMB. Yes it showed me men like this - all turned out to be scammers. How many people can actually be in UAE or on an oil rig in Kuwait at the moment. Yes they are rich but suddenly have a problem and need to ask me for thousands of dollars. Oh and they love me. We have barely talked and I don't know you. Take a hike scammer. I haven't met anyone I can trust and feel there is no control over who I can "like". Maybe there are real guys on it but I haven't found them. Most disappointed in this app.

clarab49
8/3/18

Not sure if this guy is scam or not but, may be. He has sent several pictures and claims to be former CIA who lost his partner 6 months ago. After a couple weeks of chatting he is sent off on a "mission" to another country and will be gone for 3 weeks. He doesn't have a "NOK" (next of kin) so needs someone for the FRC (financial resource center) to be able to contact. I'm not sure of the type of contact at this point. I already told him if this is some sort of set up to ask for my money or account info he is messing with the wrong person because there is NO way I would do that especially when we haven't met yet face-to-face. He said it isn't and even sent a pic of himself on an airplane preparing for take off. Does this story seem familiar to anyone or have I really met a hero out fighting/serving his country?! lol Even if legit...I wouldn't give out that info until when/if the time comes that it's an actual in the flesh relationship! lol

sandiel5
7/26/18

How interesting that ALL of the men I communicated with suddenly had suspicious accounts and I was advised to stop any communication. This website is completely a waste of time

zestyi
7/7/18

what a joke this site is full of scammers, CMB is unresponsive to these claims. Don't waste your time as there are many others.

paulm839
6/25/18

Completely agree. This app - for the most part - is irresponsible and a nuisance... Many of the female profiles are fake. Beautiful women, who ALWAYS manage to 'connect' with me, ALWAYS invariably want to almost immediately have me TEXT them - obviously to get my # so that they can do whatever it is these phony profiles do with cell #'s they get. I assume sell them to nefarious spam-artists for money... I got sucked in once - never again.

For you guys out there - if it's a 'beautiful, young babe' with broken/bad English grammar, with short, one to two word replies usually (unless they're REALLY good at being phony...), and then they want to 'text' you fairly quickly - it's a scam.

The bad thing about 'Coffer meets Bagel', is that they have very bad customer service, so I just keep getting these types of beautiful, young lass 'connections'. Then, invariably, CMB FINALLY fesses up and alerts me that 'this profile may not be real..' - after a week or so...

Really bad dating app.

denesam
6/25/18

I have met three guys in a row and all of them have men scammers two army guys don't waste your time if you're going to waste your time for this site you might as well go to POF and go to more scammers

janel168
6/23/18

Nothing but scammers; app does poor checks on the people using the app. Regret the money I spent; forget it you will never get your refund. Caution !!!!

micheleo39
6/19/18

Basically, every single person I chatted with got kicked for suspicious behavior. It's all scammers. I tried to get my bean money back from Apple but was beyond their 60-day refund date. So I lost $50+ to these $#*!s. SHUT THEM DOWN!!!

rw115
6/16/18

My experience with CMB is pretty much like everyone elses experience. Met back to back scammers, and all the ones that liked me had similar profiles of the scammers I had to talk to.
Both are engineers, live in the US, but one is in Cyprus on a contract and the other on a mining ship for the next six weeks.
Always an excuse as to why they cannot video chat, originally from Europe, sick mothers in England, and no siblings, and so on. After my own experiences and reading that others are meeting the same men, I just deleted my account. Good concept, but extremely poor vetting process of the men.

stevenm366
6/15/18

Can't get any connections, sends you just 2 "possibilities" a day, get basically nobody with any type of response!!! The worse so far, and quite a bit of $$ to get nothing in return!

billj148
6/10/18

This is a 100% Scammer Dating Site! I cant believe the Feds have not shut it down!!! Every single IT has been a scammer every one of them!! I wise the word It because who knows whether a man or woman??? Actually OK Cupid is the best hands down and its totally free!!
RUN RUN RUN as fast as you can from CMB!!!

lacek
6/2/18

This site is full of fake men profiles. Most of guys I connected were been kick out of the chat room. And most recently I was talking to a guy who claimed himself born and raised up in Belgium and moved to State at his 20s. Several days later, there has another guy show up in the discover section with different pix and age, but exactly same occupation, living location, university, even same profile (exactly same words, sentence). what a bummer!

frankz52
4/28/18

Please look for another way to meet people . Seriously I thought match was bad. Three months on this site i only talked to four people. three of them were scam artists who claim to be in Dallas ended it up being in Houston and South Carolina With the same old story of the parents being killed in car accidents or cancer. I usually get 3 to 4 bagels per day but its pretty apparent to me that these people are fake. At the same time they try to make you buy the worthless bagels so you can like someone. Its a total scam . Not advertising for Zoosk or match but I did make contact with so many people there.

christined126
4/17/18

I have read a lot of the reviews for coffee meets bagel regarding fake profiles, and was sorry to hear people had that experience....On a positive note, my experience was the complete opposite. I met the man of my dreams on this site. We started dating and now we live together and couldnt be happier! He only lived 30 minutes away, but I doubt our paths would have crossed if it werent for coffee meet bagel. Im sure there are a lot more fakes out there than Im aware of and ithats really unfortunate that they have to be weeded out in order to find real people, but dont lose the faith because the real ones are there! Just as you are a good decent person looking to meet someone nice, there are others who long for the same. I hope this gives you guys a little hope.

sharonl134
4/8/18

Buyer Beware! 3 out of 5 guys who contacted me were fakes and 2 were kicked off the site. Im not sure what they are trolling for but it was very obvious after the first one!

afll
4/1/18

Clues: Guy claims to be an engineer. Educated outside the US. Doesn't have a smooth grasp on English. Says he's got an urgent contract and will be leaving the country at any moment. Tomorrow, the next day. It's always soon. Pushes to switch from CMB to private chat. Wants more pictures. Give them enough time and the inconsistencies (or their high creep level) will reveal itself. I gave this a trial run with a one-time purchase of beans. Not going to renew.

amyt129
3/20/18

Total scam artists on here - an engineer name Greg living from North Hills, LA whose working on a project in Nigeria - ran out of money. He is 1/2 Australian/German, Parents passed when he was 19 and has no family. 3rd day chatting with him - he asked for money. Big red flag. Saying his debit card is locked out. And needs $100 sent to him and send a snapshot of his bank account - login and date. So fake. On the snapshop it shows a lot of money - in addition - pending charges and cleared charges which is dated 8/25. Dude its March - and the bank was BOfA. Totally not the right BOfA logo. Not dealing with the bs so reporter and blocked him.

130 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

If it sounds like a scam, ie they want you to send money, it probably is. Also if you've ever met the person face to face, and they need you to send money in order to met, its a scam.

By Daniel A.

Absolutely a scam, they have some computer generated profiles and messages, They pull u in then drag you along to spend more money. I got sucked into it three times before I finally figured it out it was normal replies. I Emailed CMB of course made some excuse up but I got screenshots to show theres no way a live human being is typing. DELETING my account.

By Laurie-Lyn H.
Questions? Get answers from the Coffee Meets Bagel staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Coffee Meets Bagel