Coffee Meets Bagel reviews

contact@coffeemeetsbagel.com
2017 Customer choice award

janel168
6/23/18

Nothing but scammers; app does poor checks on the people using the app. Regret the money I spent; forget it you will never get your refund. Caution !!!!

micheleo39
6/19/18

Basically, every single person I chatted with got kicked for suspicious behavior. It's all scammers. I tried to get my bean money back from Apple but was beyond their 60-day refund date. So I lost $50+ to these $#*!s. SHUT THEM DOWN!!!

rw115
6/16/18

My experience with CMB is pretty much like everyone elses experience. Met back to back scammers, and all the ones that liked me had similar profiles of the scammers I had to talk to.
Both are engineers, live in the US, but one is in Cyprus on a contract and the other on a mining ship for the next six weeks.
Always an excuse as to why they cannot video chat, originally from Europe, sick mothers in England, and no siblings, and so on. After my own experiences and reading that others are meeting the same men, I just deleted my account. Good concept, but extremely poor vetting process of the men.

stevenm366
6/15/18

Can't get any connections, sends you just 2 "possibilities" a day, get basically nobody with any type of response!!! The worse so far, and quite a bit of $$ to get nothing in return!

billj148
6/10/18

This is a 100% Scammer Dating Site! I cant believe the Feds have not shut it down!!! Every single IT has been a scammer every one of them!! I wise the word It because who knows whether a man or woman??? Actually OK Cupid is the best hands down and its totally free!!
RUN RUN RUN as fast as you can from CMB!!!

lacek
6/2/18

This site is full of fake men profiles. Most of guys I connected were been kick out of the chat room. And most recently I was talking to a guy who claimed himself born and raised up in Belgium and moved to State at his 20s. Several days later, there has another guy show up in the discover section with different pix and age, but exactly same occupation, living location, university, even same profile (exactly same words, sentence). what a bummer!

frankz52
4/28/18

Please look for another way to meet people . Seriously I thought match was bad. Three months on this site i only talked to four people. three of them were scam artists who claim to be in Dallas ended it up being in Houston and South Carolina With the same old story of the parents being killed in car accidents or cancer. I usually get 3 to 4 bagels per day but its pretty apparent to me that these people are fake. At the same time they try to make you buy the worthless bagels so you can like someone. Its a total scam . Not advertising for Zoosk or match but I did make contact with so many people there.

christined126
4/17/18

I have read a lot of the reviews for coffee meets bagel regarding fake profiles, and was sorry to hear people had that experience....On a positive note, my experience was the complete opposite. I met the man of my dreams on this site. We started dating and now we live together and couldnt be happier! He only lived 30 minutes away, but I doubt our paths would have crossed if it werent for coffee meet bagel. Im sure there are a lot more fakes out there than Im aware of and ithats really unfortunate that they have to be weeded out in order to find real people, but dont lose the faith because the real ones are there! Just as you are a good decent person looking to meet someone nice, there are others who long for the same. I hope this gives you guys a little hope.

sharonl134
4/8/18

Buyer Beware! 3 out of 5 guys who contacted me were fakes and 2 were kicked off the site. Im not sure what they are trolling for but it was very obvious after the first one!

afll
4/1/18

Clues: Guy claims to be an engineer. Educated outside the US. Doesn't have a smooth grasp on English. Says he's got an urgent contract and will be leaving the country at any moment. Tomorrow, the next day. It's always soon. Pushes to switch from CMB to private chat. Wants more pictures. Give them enough time and the inconsistencies (or their high creep level) will reveal itself. I gave this a trial run with a one-time purchase of beans. Not going to renew.

amyt129
3/20/18

Total scam artists on here - an engineer name Greg living from North Hills, LA whose working on a project in Nigeria - ran out of money. He is 1/2 Australian/German, Parents passed when he was 19 and has no family. 3rd day chatting with him - he asked for money. Big red flag. Saying his debit card is locked out. And needs $100 sent to him and send a snapshot of his bank account - login and date. So fake. On the snapshop it shows a lot of money - in addition - pending charges and cleared charges which is dated 8/25. Dude its March - and the bank was BOfA. Totally not the right BOfA logo. Not dealing with the bs so reporter and blocked him.

ll654
1/29/18

Hello friends and to anyone reading this. I started of in this app for not so long but do beware of this person. He claims to be a born in Hong Kong who was adopted by British parents at the age of 2-3. He has lived in the UK all his life and he was in Hong Kong for business and decided to move back to Hong Kong to start a new life. He claims to be an architect engineer and he works freelance. He will start talking to you about how he wants to be back in Hong Kong and wanting to settle down within a very short amount of time. After, he says says that something bad happen: a building he designed collapsed in Cyprus and he needs to get there ASAP before his client releases the bad reviews of his work. He will send the itinerary and details going to Cyprus. After the nightmare came, he claims he was in a fight with his clients and his passport was taken from him. His clients came to a negotiation with him to pay a penalty of 40000 pounds and he will be able to leave. He claims that his online banking in the UK has not been rectified yet and he was having problems with it. To make it worse he lost his wallet with all his important cards and documents. He was able to find a lawyer working at the British embassy in Cyprus and his lawyer helped him pay for part of the money. He begged me to send him money through Western Union and he promises that he would pay me back.

I have deleted him and also blocked him from WECHAT. His we chat is: morganchan500

A week ago i went on Coffee Meets Bagel again and i came across someone with almost the same profile and that he was working in Hong Kong for 2 weeks and would like to go back to Hong Kong and settle as soon as possible.

Beware of these profiles where they claim to be born in Hong Kong and adopted by British parents!!!!

christiel13
1/8/18

Poor interface, claims men will not act as oversexualized man pig animals--wrong. First matches right out of the gate by BOTH men and women (I am a pansexual) were gross and graphic.

I laugh thinking about it considering my undergrad degree--you cannot change the behaviors of people. Scum is scum.

An app will not change men and women from both sending graphic messages and unwanted grossness in their very first messages who live in Madison, Chicago, and Twin Cities.

The people are garbage, but so are the makers of the app stating that their app would get rid of the grossness.

Still gross!

kathleenv18
1/2/18

So this Andre Blephin was really a scammer? Hmmmm... thats why i had doubt on him when he asked me for his leave application guarantee. Its same description you write in here the one im talking to. Goodluck to him i will not even send even a single fils for him and why would i? Hes the one who want to go on vacation here then he had the guts to ask the bank guarantee for his leave? Im not a nuts. Lol

winniey1
10/30/17

I believe I met the same scammer as Jac T and Jessica A, formerly Terry and now known as Chao or Paul (Facebook profile Chao Paul). Architect from Leicester, has a UK mobile number, lives there and works on building design projects. Dad passed away from HK, Korean mom very sick (initially minor surgery) in hospital. No siblings no relatives. Claimed to be from HK and looking for matches from HK. He is a good looking Korean (speaks native English) and would send you photos and videos with his dog Teddy. In the end he had an emergency and asked to borrow 700 pounds to pay for his mom hospital bill. I said no and he kept messaging and sent me a photo of the bill. I told him UK hospital treatment is free and his bill is not in pounds. He then insulted me and blocked me on WeChat. Beware and don't waste time on him ladies!

margueritef1
10/17/17

I just started using Coffee Meets Bagel a few weeks ago, and I've been such high quality med who are serious and actually want a long term serious relationship. It's so exciting to meet such nice men, I've tried other apps and it was not the same caliber of people, I am so pleased so far! We'll see what happens! :)

islandg1
Lesley d.
10/14/17

This is a really weird dating app in my experience. I don't think I met a real person on here. I wasn't on here for long to be fair. Many of the profile pics seemed like stock photos and there was no one anywhere near where I lived and I lived in a very big city of Canada. This is a weird place. Don't go here. lol

serenas12
9/21/17

I joined this site in hopes of meeting people that like me have no time for the real socializing that it takes to meet someone! I believe in actual communication and will not endure endless texting. First off I am confident that many of their man traps are not even in the United States I won't say how I know but be leery because there are many tell tale signs! Many of the profiles are written in a way that give clues to and only if you pay attention will you quickly discover there is a pattern. Many of these guys will claim to be out of the country for a short while or in another state for few days. If this is true CMB has some of the most traveled members I have ever seen! The other thing is and I really hate today it is the number of biracial pics posted! I know what year it is but just like the traveling thing I find it hard to believe that so many are not only featured that way but pushed that way too! As far as choices? I have to say they have been fun to look at all the pretty pics but really... I think the profiles are fake; and to support my claim a lot of the guys have later showed up as banned for "suspicious" behavior! Yes I have talked to a handful of guys and only one did I find interesting enough to stay in touch with, way too many send their bagels to meet me and don't follow through. I think that is administration's attempts to keep you interested! Yes there are a few American men whose profiles are real but trust me you will go through those quickly and get the fakers! Fortunately I have NEVER paid a dime to these people and from the looks of things I won't in the future!

anto2272
9/10/17

Ladies beware!! Im from NY and matched with a "Keven" from CT who happens to be an engineer. The profile pic is this really sexy, white as can be, buff man He also wrote in his profile he works for "El-Alan". I googled it and its an engineering company in NIGERIA! We did exchange phone numbers and when he texted me he introduced himself as "Kevin" and the way he texted indicated to me that he had an accent. So i called him bc i needed to hear it for myself. We talked for 2 minutes and he ended up having an accent saying he moved from Rome when he was 16. He also stated that he has a contract to work in Nigeria (yeah ok) I asked him if he spoke or understood Italian he said yes but when i busted out my Italian (which he didnt expect) he had no idea the basic simple question i asked in Italian. I knew he was full of it! I told him i wasnt buying his bull$#*! and hung up. Before i blocked him, he changed his employer to "n/a"!!! Ladies please please watch out. Always google EVERYTHING even phone numbers!! Its a scary world out there!

elisabethc7
8/24/17

this is the absolute worst app. everyone has fake profiles and is looking to scam. complete and total waste of time. i notified cmb 3 x of obvious catfish with no response. irresponsible.

nn69
8/19/17

Similar: widower, engineer, blondish w/ beard, horrid English, marine engineer, thus, out to sea for long periods

jact2
8/16/17

Beware of the man named Terry Cheng Aaron. Director of a company called Terry Dream World Construction. He is from Manchester and he will give you his company website and address. He claimed his Father has passed away... Mom passed away and was from Hong Kong. He loves Singapore and able to give examples like the local food he likes and place. He chats ... Write poems and tell you how much he feels and love you. Gave you a lot of promises but all seemed too good to be true. Says he will visit you and then last minute held up at another country with all sorts of reasons that seemed like more exciting than Korean dramas... Then asked for $$ help in the end. Recently he changed his profile at Coffee Meet Bagel.
Well... I also do know of some "real" men and all are alright. Just keep an open mind and be mindful who you are chatting with.

claudiaf25
8/16/17

A lot of fake profiles. I think they purposely make them to collect more money. it is also very expensive. You have to pay for each bagel. So, for example, I have successfully connected with 20 nice guys (too good to be true) They all sent me likes and connected with me. Therefore they also used their bagels, but afterward - no conversations....It is just too weird. If they would be real people and they paid money, then they would communicate. Obviously fake! It is too easy to create nice profiles of handsome doctors and lawyers, etc so people pay more money.

juliae20
8/6/17

Thank you for your reviews, this "guy" is just like you described. An "engineer" from a foreign university (from Frankfurt, German). He's a "widower" with an 8 year old son and is moving to San Jose (semi-near me) to open a branch. He owns his own environmental engineering company called - http://www.dquestengineering.com - and his name is no where to be found and the phone numbers don't work. He's blonde and has a beard. His English is pretty bad and he only wanted to email, no whatsapp (I asked him 3x) and send one pic of whoever this blonde guy is with a 3 year old boy. He showers me with compliments and says he wants to take our friendship further on this great platform, email (WTF)!!! Again thank you for your reviews!

jessicaa147
7/21/17

Just beware of this man by the name of Terry from Singapore and his employer is TerryDreamworld construction.He is actually from U.K. Cut the story short after chatting with him for a month, he told me he met some legal issue in another country and asked money from me to help him. All kind of excuses and lot of doubtful unanswered questions. Now he had changed his profile in CMB recent. Just beware ladies out there.

130 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

If it sounds like a scam, ie they want you to send money, it probably is. Also if you've ever met the person face to face, and they need you to send money in order to met, its a scam.

By Daniel A.

Absolutely a scam, they have some computer generated profiles and messages, They pull u in then drag you along to spend more money. I got sucked into it three times before I finally figured it out it was normal replies. I Emailed CMB of course made some excuse up but I got screenshots to show theres no way a live human being is typing. DELETING my account.

By Laurie-Lyn H.
Questions? Get answers from the Coffee Meets Bagel staff and other customers.

Coffee Meets Bagel?