Coffee Meets Bagel reviews

contact@coffeemeetsbagel.com
2018 Customer choice award

joshk108
5/17/19

This site has grown on me a lot over the past few weeks. I used to think wejustfit.com was the only trustworthy dating site out there but having given this a shot now id recommend it to any singles out there that are looking to dip their toes into the murky waters of online dating.

privaten9
5/4/19

I was on CMB for a couple months last year and did connect with several local men and went on a couple dates so there are real legitimate men on there looking to date and not scam. But I was approached by scammers as well. Relatively new to the world of app dating I knew enough to avoid certain things: military men, men who tell you their whole life stories including their last name in their first couple messages to you and men who post pictures with their children (a caring dad does not do that) and those who immediately want you to start texting with them off the app. I managed to avoid and unmatched those I felt were fake. But there was one man who did not immediately fit the red flag categories (although there were some which I ignored) and I started chatting with him off line. Well, he was in love with me within days and asked for money within a few weeks. I did not send him any and blocked him. I recently, because I did have some success with the app last year, decided to give it another try. I have no idea what changed but this time it was one scammer after another. Some I reported and some the site suspended before I got a chance to report. Looks like they are trying to catch these guys. I can imagine what a nightmare it must be. They shut down one fake profile and these losers just create a new one. This time I did not connect with any local men and after a few weeks I deleted my account. Ladies and gentlemen, if it seems too good to be true it is. If that little voice inside your head suspects even the slightest thing, listen to it. Don't give out your number unless you are certain the person in genuine. It may not seem like a big deal but once these scammers get your info they sell it. Because I made one mistake I now get countless calls from Nigeria and Ghana, weird phishing text messages and although I block them, they just contact you from another number. It's a losing battle. And NEVER fall for their emotional manipulation and send them money. Don't believe there was a an accident, they are being arrested, need money to pay someone off to leave the country so they can come home to you to love you for ever and ever. It's a scam. You're one of dozens of people they are scamming. You are not special to them. You are a paycheck. There's hundreds of stories on YouTube about people who lost hundreds of thousands of dollars falling for these scumbags and their stories. It's big business. If I have one recommendation for CMB is to get rid of the 7 day connect rule. I think this is one main reasons why these scammers like CMB so much. My Nigerian Prince did not pressure me to exchange numbers. The app helped facilitate this. Because of these experiences I am scared of online dating. Not taking my chances and putting myself in harms way again. I do believe in real love I just know I won't find it on Coffee Meets Bagel.

annf137
5/2/19

So frustrated. Tired of wasting money on this site. So done. If you get a guy that doesn't write English well. Says you "look pretty good" lol, and doesn't understand expressions like "oh dear, gotta run" ... Clear sign he's a scammer. Unfortunately, can't trust any of them anymore. This latest one wants to send me money from Belgium to buy him a house.. hahahahahaha

Online dating is just a giant waste if time. That, and men are $#*!s. May have to resign myself to being perfectly content single. I am my own best company. My kids too!

wendyw229
4/27/19

I also met a Terry Wong who claims he is a surgeon serving in the military in Yemen. Good looking 42 year old male looks korean Claims his parents had passed away at a young age and he doesn't have any relatives and/or family. Then quickly moved to chatting on wechat with no picture. Sends several flattering messages daily,!i sensed the scam when he told me, he's worried about his taxes not being paid and has been accruing. Doesn't add up when his contract supposedly ends in 2 months and you're worried about the payments now? Scam! Beware ladies!

andrewr417
4/18/19

LightInTheBox is a very credible company so good stuff for everybody I feel comfortable shopping with this company far years now

cr198
4/17/19

Please report him right away on Coffee meets bagel if you receive a like by this man. He will try to scam you with his charm and intellect. It is so disgusting that another human being can use the trust in love to manipulate and take from another. My heart goes out to everyone that is experiencing such disgusting behavior. Please don't give up on love, use the experience as a lesson to continue to keep your heart open to love but use your intellect to protect it.

christyw36
4/15/19

I chatted with Terry Peter Wong, age 43. His profile location stated as Singapore, however, he claimed to live and works in oil and gas industry in Texas.
His parent died in Hurricanes years ago, very close to his grandma. He plans to bring his firm to Singapore and settle down while the oil rig is in Indonesia.
He suggested to continue the chat via WhatsApp only. He will daily greet me good morning and good night but never talk on the phone.
He stopped me to use CMB app as he became jealous over I am chatting with other men.
When he reached the oil rig in Indonesia, handphone is not allowed in oil rig. He begged me to download Hangouts and blocked me WhatsApp immediately after we started our first sentence start on Hangouts.
I managed to find out by questioning him what happened to his WhatsApp, his photo ID was removed and message was read when his phone was left in the hotel while at the same time he was texting me using palmtop in oil rig. His answer was his WhatsApp always read by itself.
He given me his fake bank account (uniontrustbn.com/asp/) without my consent. He kept begging me to assess into his bank account to check on deposit from his business partner and make online bank payment transaction to his supplier with only a drafted quotation as supporting. He given excuse that his palmtop can only use hangouts as no internet browser was pre-installed.
He also persuaded me to write email to his supplier on confirmation of purchase. I checked the name of beneficiary on internet and the company does not exist.
I am not an employee of his firm and not related to him hence refused to follow his instruction.
I had blocked his handphone number and Hangouts now.

johng1447
4/9/19

I get one free profile to select or pass on every day? Can sekectbon others but have to buy beans? $5 for 400? That's like paying $5 per right swipe on tinder. Crazy

daisyd32
4/6/19

Have not had any luck on this app. Unfortunately I was scammed by this very good looking man Avery Fredrick, who claims to be a plastic surgeon. Comes off as shy initially. Immediately he wanted to chat on Whatsapp because he claimed he was working in Yemen helping poor medical structures in crisis. Unfortunately I ended buying him a steam card for $100 dollars so he can use it to video chat with me. He stated he couldn't video chat through whatsapp because of the firewalls and security. So he asked me to download "hangouts" where we attempted to facetime. When I saw him it looked like a pre-recorded video. We never got to videochat.He is very charming and poetic. The last red flag was when he asked me to send money through the red cross to the less privileged children from Yemen. He immediately fell in love with me and wanted to marry me. I spoke with him for about 6 weeks. He would avoid a lot of questions I would ask him. He claims to be an orphan and grew up in Delano California. He also states he has 5 year old daughter named Connie. His phone number is a VOIP number 510-666-6544. I hope no one else gets scammed by this idiot!

Tip for consumers: This site disappointed me. I never received a response about this person I reported.

randyp104
3/26/19

I am working my little butt off trying to get some dates but not much is happening. Coffee Meets Bagel has been around a long time so I figured it might be a good place to start but my buddy keeps telling me I should have gone with WeJustFit.com as it's more modern (whatever that means lol) and popular. I dont know. I've seen the ads for CMB and figured it made sense to start there. Like the app and the general simplicity but maybe he's right and it's time to switch or even double down with a couple of sites at the same time, could give me the boost I need. Oh well, onwards and upwards, happy hunting folks :-)

veronikay
3/19/19

Good looking pix says he's from Manhattan a geoscientist for BP and graduated w masters from harvard multiple pic of himself and then a single pic of his son only. Will tell u his sob story to lure vulnerable women but I wasn't stupid. He said his wife died 2 yrs ago then he got involved w a woman from Washington who he went to visit her on surprise and found her in bed w another man then he said he cried and came back to NJ. Read reviews about this app and the scammers. There are multiple scammers named Gary. So beware. This Gary also claimed to be from PR but born in the states ( red flag if ur from Harvard u know PR is part of US). His mom is from Egypt and he came to the US when he was 20yo. He couldn't answer my ques regarding to send me a recent pic of himself and his son, when he attended Harvard and what degree, what other schools he attended, couldn't come up w a copy of drivers license before we met, also he said he lives in NJ. Why don't these sites scan these ppl for scammers. I feel bad for someone who could be taken by these scammers stories. Please be careful out there. We didn't get that far in our conversation thank god to reviews I looked up like this one.

alliee10
3/16/19

Been on the app for 4 months. EVERY. SINGLE. GUY. I have been "connected" with has turned out to be a scammer!
Not even ONE real Americsn guy on the site!
To to it off, even some guys I hadn't talked to yet were blocked as being suspicious before I could even get the chance to communicate and find out for myself.
Online dating is officially dead.
The scammers have completely taken over the platform.

panay
3/12/19

I met two guys, both scammers. watch out for Raymond, a ship writer, and robert williams dyncorp using number (707)706-4885, both told me they have to travel out of the county, and asked for google play cards.

Tip for consumers: please ladies be careful.... chat on line, DO NOT give them your phone number

jessicar303
3/11/19

Presents as a 38 yo from Australia who lives about ~250 miles from wherever you live. Claims to be born in California but raised in Europe. Claims to have a Masters degree and be a freelance project manager in the field of solar energy. Claims that he has a "tender" (proposal/business requirements) he is working on, that is due very soon and that is why his messages are sporadic. And... he attempts to be very smoothe but his English is broken. I didn't get very far with messaging him because I literally did a google image search to reverse look-up his photos. Be smart out there everyone... scammers are EVERYWHERE and they are worse than catfishing! -

he will be very nice and kind to you at first, then he started asking for money in a form of a ITUNES GIFT CARD VERY FAST! met this guy back in october 2018; im redoing this review because i accidently deleted my original review; i meant to edit it.

To me this seems like a really time-consuming scam to perform, because whoever it is... they're definitely working hard to attempt to earn trust, asking lots of interesting questions that a real person might ask in attempt to get to know someone... and then I'm sure the money request will follow soon enough.

nothanksr1
3/10/19

Presents as a 38 yo from Sicily and Oslo who lives about ~250 miles from wherever you live. Claims to be born in California but raised in Europe. Claims to have a Masters degree and be a freelance project manager in the field of solar energy. Claims that he has a "tender" (proposal/business requirements) he is working on, that is due very soon and that is why his messages are sporadic. And... he attempts to be very smoothe but his English is broken. I didn't get very far with messaging him because I literally did a google image search to reverse look-up his photos. Be smart out there everyone... scammers are EVERYWHERE and they are worse than catfishing! -

Probably not everyone on CMB is a scammer, but one of the flaws of the app design is that you can only search for people up to 250 miles away from you - so any one scammer can have literally *hundreds* of accounts to search for scam victims.

It would improve the app design if CMB would open searching to all over the country (to limit the number of scam accounts per region) and also to let chats stay open more than 7 days (to reduce the pressure of exchanging personal information too soon). Two huge flaws in the design will prevent me from using this app again.

conniel119
3/6/19

Hi just wanna say that to everyone who's using this dating app, beware of this person. He's online name is Al in CMB dating app, fullname Alden Fierro(im not even sure if that true. He said hes half american/ half italian or I dont know if any of those are true. He's a very sweet guy indeed. He will make you fall for his words. He said he works in a solar power company and hes going to say that he is busy preparing for his tender. And then when the time comes your about to meet he'll tell you he need to fly to turkey for work and stay there for 3-5weeks. First he will talk to you everyhting about work and out of a sudden he will ask you for an itunes gift car $100 and the $200 until such time he will ask you to wire money amounting to $3000!!! Please beware of this guy. If you have the same experience or if you know him please free to comment. BEWARE OF THIS GUY!!!

josephp359
3/3/19

Every single person I've met so far (chat wise) has been a foreign scammer who speak broken english and provide VOIP phone numbers either google voice or broadband.com (apple free phone app: online reverse lookup)....

So be very weary and careful with this site!

melodym61
3/2/19

The profiles appear legitimate. Some are even using photographs with children and adults wearing sports jerseys that are local to my area (university), but after some back and forth in conversation, it is clear they are fraudulent.
Example: cardiologist who claims to work at a specific hospital but doesn't show up on their website as an employee; military man who says he was at the "base" all day but doesn't understand the question "what branch of the military are you in?" or the guy who's profile says he went to "university of arts in italy" on his profile, but when asked where he went to university he said "Germany". Literally, every contact I've had on here has been a scammer. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's a reporting option but these people are slick. It took multiple conversations for me to realize they were not real. There's no way to detail the scammer issue - simply report the profile and you unmatch with them. There's no verification going on at the back end to prevent this.

agnesw20
2/21/19

Hi,
Was his name Terry Peter Wong aged 43?
I recently chatted with a guy who claimed to have lost his parents years ago and planning to relocate to Singapore. He also claimed to be working in an oil rig in Indonesia and kept pressing me to pay for oil rig items. His photos were also handsome and looked like korean.

marisam12
2/20/19

At least half of the men I get matched with are scammers. Usually foreign but not obviously (have to pay attention to their email using mum instead of mom and where they went to college) and right away they ask for your email or phone number or to go to What's App...seriously how dumb do they think we are?! I've reported at least a few but pretty disappointing.

na73
2/19/19

I get a message Hi pretty. Within 4 days I love you. Claims his name is Andrew cook works in cryptocurrency.Signs left and right scam: the first thing he ask me is about my salary reported him that day. He then claims to be in Lagos on business but he's stranded needs money!! Oh and when I searched his number it says it's a landline in Canton, Mississippi. 601-407-9241

stephaniek174
2/13/19

Every man here claims to be traveling abroad within 2 days of making a connection. BEWARE. They will claim their phones dont work well enough for face time but just good enough to send texts. The stories are complex and within a few days they will create a sob story asking for money. I have reported 5 men for fraudulent activity.

jamieh314
2/7/19

There are men in there that state they are in Afghanistan and the service. They will will you a sad story about a cheating girlfriend or a fiancée that died with their child. A emergency mission will come up and they will ask to ship a package of some kind to you, because they don't have family. The package will be stuck in customs and require a western union payment of 800 dollars. Lol it's a scam.

co26
1/29/19

Talked for 6 weeks. He never answered (busy with work) when I called and the intense pursuit was a bit overwhelming. I want you as my soulmate.... bought me a LV bag (found same pic in Poshmark) because he had to cancel our first date to go to bid for a construction job. He sent several pictures of himself throughout the weeks. Today he asked me to transfer money because he was having problems logging into his account in Cyprus and had to buy material for the mall he was building there... My brothers are 1. robbery detective and 2. money laundering investigator. Wrong person to try to scam. How can you be in Cyprus over 2 weeks and just now cant have access to your money.

scs10
1/29/19

I was new to online dating and but not new to dating. Chatted with a guy from CMB, he's caring and told me that he does morning devotion since young. He lost his mom (claimed to be a Singaporean) at the age of 5 and followed by his father a couple of years ago. He claimed that he is the boss of 40 employees and working at offshore. We chatted for about a week, and one day he suddenly called up saying that he wasn't able to transfer his money through his 'fake' bank account which the offshore owner paid him, and he needed the money very urgently. He even provided the fake bank (www.firstcitiunion.com) account of his assuring me that he has the money and asking me to try to do the transaction. Obviously, things didn't work out. He then requested me to drop a line to customer service of that fake bank for assistance, which i did received response from the fake bank. The customer service requested me to clear certain amount by paying certain amount into ZIRAAT BANKASI, which is another bank, but this time it is an existing bank. This so obvious that the fake bank was just a show, and if anyone was to transfer $$ to the real bank, in this case, ZIRAAT BANKASI, it will be a gone case forever. I'm taking it as a lesson learnt, and hoping to remind you guys here. The picture the scammer was handsome though... a guy originally from Korea.

130 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

If they ask for money, it's a scam. Think about it. Would anyone really want to date someone who only needed money? No! That's why they come in so strong to get a strong "connection" going so you think you're more invested than just a dating relationship. ITS. A. SCAM.

By Joanna J.

Have you ever met a guy called Logan' or Logan Morris Tim'? He claimed he is on a contract working in Kuwait and he deals with oil rigs. He is a Petroleum Engineer. His English is pretty good, claimed he is mix American and Singaporean. Found him fishy and challenged him with many questions. He couldnt answer so I blocked him.

By Felise T.

Scam. Just ask him his ethnicity. He'll say "white/caucasian" and claim he doesn't know.

By Melody M.

Yes. I met him on CMB. He's not real. Don't believe his stories.

By Private N.

Someone else reported him as a scammer. You might have too if given more time and hopefully not been scammed. He would have tried though.

By Joanna J.

contact customer service on the app, why are you asking this site? duhhh

By Jessica R.

If it sounds like a scam, ie they want you to send money, it probably is. Also if you've ever met the person face to face, and they need you to send money in order to met, its a scam.

By Daniel A.

Questions? Get answers from the Coffee Meets Bagel staff and other customers.

Coffee Meets Bagel?