Coffee Meets Bagel reviews

contact@coffeemeetsbagel.com
2018 Customer choice award

felicityc7
12/10/18
• Updated review

It is probably due to my traumatised past that attract Ronald. Ronald give me a sense of bitterness in his eyes. He must be hurted previously,

“Be careful of scammer”
12/4/18
• Previous review

It is hard to find someone genuine at CMB. I met an architect Donald Chang from United Kimgdom who request me to send him money to tide over his business. One is his CMB profile pictures show that he is seated comfortably in business class seat on a flight. His wechat account is Ronald103. Please be careful ladies

martinec9
12/2/18

in 2016, when I first tried CMB, I was very impressed by the quality of the matches and the candidates. Really, impressed. As a result, I recommended CMB to several friends, and also wrote a positive review. Since one month, back on the site, I have been appalled at hiw things have changed. The most interesting profiles that they « suggest » turn out to be fake. Look out for photo-shoot perfect photos and then mediocre English, chock-full of mistakes that you might expect from India or Nigeria. The life stories they present often make no sense - he's from another country, but lives in US since years (generally as an eminent scientist, physician, or businessman). He lives across the countey, in another city, and is only listed as being from your city because he signed up for CMB during a business trip to your city. Oh, gag me. This site, despite its good intentions and its initial good performance, has become little more than a hoax!

mollyb69
11/29/18

Out of the four guys that I have connected to on this site, ALL of them are scammers. None of their profiles are real. All they want is to victimize women and get money. Here is what to look out for:

1. All are from foreign countries, went to school in foreign countries and have an accent
2. All have children that they claim they are taking care of by themselves either because they are a widower or came out of a nasty divorce with full custody
3. They claim to fall in love with you very fast
4. They don't have any friends and their family has passed on.
5. They cannot prove that they are real. They do not video chat. When asked to take a selfie with the date on a piece of paper, they cannot do it right away. It takes days for them to photoshop one and then that defeats the purpose.
6. Two of the scammers claimed they worked on an oil rig
7. They never provide contact info
8. They try and get you off the site ASAP to chat in a different forum

Be very aware of this site and men by the name of George Cohen, Vincent Smith, Mike Brown and Carlos Loriloto. They are good at what they do.

amyc400
11/25/18

Be aware. This guy claimed that he lives in Houston, TX. A petroleum engineer, very good with his words and quite a gentleman when chatting. Horrible English but appears fluent in French. Asked for $5000!!! This guy named "David" maybe using stolen Facebook photos for his profile pictures.

ericw252
10/28/18

She went by Stephanie, Native American from North Dakota, Coffee meets Bagel, exchange numbers, was text only said she had a damaged phone. Was an awesome phone number though, when I tried to call it. Eventually, called her out, got a phone call from restricted number saying it was her, but with a heavy African accent. Ask about the accent, she denied it, asked where she was from, she said Austin, ask where she was raised, she said Austin. Definite scam here, beware. I'm just posting this because I deleted the bagel instead of reporting it.

jessicar303
10/18/18

was chatting with this guy for about two weeks and the same day he asked me to switch his profile to WHATSAPP; his name is ALDEN and i cant find his facebook and he refused to give out his last name. phone number 1(631) 518-5297 he lives in NORTH LITTLE ROCK and he claims that he works for some company making energy plants or something like that and all of a sudden he needs me to buy him a 100 dollars itunes gift card! and im like no way!! we havent even been on a date or anything, claims that he is out of the country to turkey and will be gone in 4 weeks, big time scammer!!!

jesslynnj
9/24/18

This guy claimed that he lives in UK. An architect, very good with his words and quite a gentleman when chatting. Good command in English.. Too good to be true. He's just another scammer on CMB.
Asked for a loan, rejected him and he will blocked you on everything.

CMB Profile : Eric (Photo with Red Tshirt & 2nd Photo)
Wechat Id : EricAnthonyLiang
H/P Nos/Whatsapp : +447482854079

truths8
9/20/18

Horrible site. First time trying. I am multilingual so amazong how many men there claim to have been born in another country then have the wrong accent or suddenly run if you say a few words in their "native" language. Oh... and never seen so many "doctors and lawyers". The rest are unattractive or looking for 1 night stands. The owners should be investigated or at least be ashamed for the money they try to get from people. Never doing any site experiements again

kates198
9/19/18

I get the sense that this was never a dating site. Every single person that has contacted me on the site and I mean EVERY, has turned out to be a fake profile after online dating 101 investigation and some very short conversation. These red flags are the ones to look out for. Please understand one or two of these could be completely normal, but all the scammers on here use the same BS. You'd think professional scammers would come up with better schtick.

1. in the military
2. widow
3 raising children on their own
4. Swear they're American, but write in VERY broken English which could not be jsu typos
5. Never just looking to date, meet, get to know someone...always looking for their soulmate.
6. Many times their profile answers do not match what they answer when chatting. I had one "widower" that had a 5 year old daughter and 8 year old son on his profile, but when I asked about his children, his son was 5 and his daughter was 8. He also said he was in Real Estate, but the company listed had absolutely nothing to do with Real Estate
7. They NEVER want to give proof of who they are... another online dating 101 rule. If you push for proof, conversation ends.

There's more, but I have wasted my time enough on this App and these scammers, so I'm deleting. Good luck with that karma scammers, and I wish only the best to all the single men and women actually, honestly seeking a connection. :-)

joannas67
9/15/18

Don't go to this site, I was there trying something new, nothing but Nigerian scam artist. One ask me to give him $50 buck gift card. "AS IF, I will give a stranger money" no way....they pray on single mothers. Be aware ladies, read into their words. I am sorry for the person who picture their using, I am sure he is not even aware his information is being used to scam women. Good thing I know scam when I see one, looks to good to be true run.......

windya3
9/13/18

Alot of scammers on this platform. Unless the guy can meet you face to face, dont bother. 100% that he is a fake. Attached photo is a famous 52 year old photographer cum model of Singapore Tan Chuan Do but look at what the profile states. Found many similar profiles.

kevinb87
9/7/18

The app is a complete scam. There are no genuine profiles on there. Unless you want to marry into Nigerian royalty don't bother with this.

saraha263
8/21/18

This app is totally fake. I got "connected" with 4 guys who chatted with me, I responded then I never heard from them again. Their messages seemed fishy too. Remember how you agree to allow an app access to all your $#@! before you install? Pretty sure this is the sole motive for CMB. Shay-dee!

wendyf48
8/21/18

where every match that is followed by a chat ends with CMB saying the user on the other end is suspicious. what a waste of time and energy.

rachelc229
8/14/18

Talked to a guy for 4 weeks. Found out he was sending me photos and videos of some foreign actor. this is the 2nd time this happened in this CMB. Stay away!

kristenb111
8/6/18

I have found success on other dating apps but was hoping to find more professional and educated men like myself on CMB. Yes it showed me men like this - all turned out to be scammers. How many people can actually be in UAE or on an oil rig in Kuwait at the moment. Yes they are rich but suddenly have a problem and need to ask me for thousands of dollars. Oh and they love me. We have barely talked and I don't know you. Take a hike scammer. I haven't met anyone I can trust and feel there is no control over who I can "like". Maybe there are real guys on it but I haven't found them. Most disappointed in this app.

clarab49
8/3/18

Not sure if this guy is scam or not but, may be. He has sent several pictures and claims to be former CIA who lost his partner 6 months ago. After a couple weeks of chatting he is sent off on a "mission" to another country and will be gone for 3 weeks. He doesn't have a "NOK" (next of kin) so needs someone for the FRC (financial resource center) to be able to contact. I'm not sure of the type of contact at this point. I already told him if this is some sort of set up to ask for my money or account info he is messing with the wrong person because there is NO way I would do that especially when we haven't met yet face-to-face. He said it isn't and even sent a pic of himself on an airplane preparing for take off. Does this story seem familiar to anyone or have I really met a hero out fighting/serving his country?! lol Even if legit...I wouldn't give out that info until when/if the time comes that it's an actual in the flesh relationship! lol

sandiel5
7/26/18

How interesting that ALL of the men I communicated with suddenly had suspicious accounts and I was advised to stop any communication. This website is completely a waste of time

zestyi
7/7/18

what a joke this site is full of scammers, CMB is unresponsive to these claims. Don't waste your time as there are many others.

paulm839
6/25/18

Completely agree. This app - for the most part - is irresponsible and a nuisance... Many of the female profiles are fake. Beautiful women, who ALWAYS manage to 'connect' with me, ALWAYS invariably want to almost immediately have me TEXT them - obviously to get my # so that they can do whatever it is these phony profiles do with cell #'s they get. I assume sell them to nefarious spam-artists for money... I got sucked in once - never again.

For you guys out there - if it's a 'beautiful, young babe' with broken/bad English grammar, with short, one to two word replies usually (unless they're REALLY good at being phony...), and then they want to 'text' you fairly quickly - it's a scam.

The bad thing about 'Coffer meets Bagel', is that they have very bad customer service, so I just keep getting these types of beautiful, young lass 'connections'. Then, invariably, CMB FINALLY fesses up and alerts me that 'this profile may not be real..' - after a week or so...

Really bad dating app.

denesam
6/25/18

I have met three guys in a row and all of them have men scammers two army guys don't waste your time if you're going to waste your time for this site you might as well go to POF and go to more scammers

janel168
6/23/18

Nothing but scammers; app does poor checks on the people using the app. Regret the money I spent; forget it you will never get your refund. Caution !!!!

micheleo39
6/19/18

Basically, every single person I chatted with got kicked for suspicious behavior. It's all scammers. I tried to get my bean money back from Apple but was beyond their 60-day refund date. So I lost $50+ to these $#*!s. SHUT THEM DOWN!!!

rw115
6/16/18

My experience with CMB is pretty much like everyone elses experience. Met back to back scammers, and all the ones that liked me had similar profiles of the scammers I had to talk to.
Both are engineers, live in the US, but one is in Cyprus on a contract and the other on a mining ship for the next six weeks.
Always an excuse as to why they cannot video chat, originally from Europe, sick mothers in England, and no siblings, and so on. After my own experiences and reading that others are meeting the same men, I just deleted my account. Good concept, but extremely poor vetting process of the men.

stevenm366
6/15/18

Can't get any connections, sends you just 2 "possibilities" a day, get basically nobody with any type of response!!! The worse so far, and quite a bit of $$ to get nothing in return!

130 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

If it sounds like a scam, ie they want you to send money, it probably is. Also if you've ever met the person face to face, and they need you to send money in order to met, its a scam.

By Daniel A.

Questions? Get answers from the Coffee Meets Bagel staff and other customers.

17 Photos for Coffee Meets Bagel