Review of Change.org

Tel: +1.2022531288
help@change.org

billyb192
5/20/19

Do not and I repeat DO NOT START A PETITION!!!!!!!!!!!! I work at a charity and this is soooooooooo sketchy

alains14
3/24/19

Whatever money you 'donate", goes to change.org itself. Also you end up subscribing for monthly payments and its very hard to unsubscribe.
They pretend to be a no-profit, but they actually harvest money by making you think you're donating to a cause, while everything goes to them. You do not only pay for them to advertise these petitions, they also sell your data to companies which will start sending campaigns based on your political believes. It's a fraud!

ericn103
3/8/19

WOW is all I can say. Hope people stay away and dont get scammed

They started a recurring charge on our credit card and luckily we noticed. This is messed up

maggien20
2/25/19

I have recently run a petition and it seemed to be going well but it was infitrated by someone else and therefore i will not be continuing it, It should not be able to happen this easily.

galen5
1/12/19

I have contacted this organization multiple times to remove content from their website they are not authorized to use. They have not returned phone calls or emails.

andrewr327
12/4/18

payments for promotion of campaign actually resulted in a decrease in signatures. Emails suggesting that they want to back your campaign just to a ploy for more cash for ever decreasing returns. Really.....the total number of signatures stayed static then actually fell-how can that be? Being profit-making is one thing but a blatant scam is another-very disillusioned by the cynical attitude of an organisation that purports to be ideals driven.

seanf100
10/31/18

Potential is so massive, but after continually seeing one sided misleading surveys' that can ONLY support one side (Anti Brexit as the most obviously biased theme) this is not a people's voice but a political engine. Shame. You've wasted an opportunity for a real people's voice.

dirkm34
10/3/18

I made a payment of $30 to contribute to Kate McKenzie
I believed this would go to her assisting in medication she requires. Unfortunately my contribution went directly to Change.org. Not as expected or wanted
Have asked to be refunded and have had no response at all to my emails or requests.
This is a scam please be aware.
Dirk McDonald

millies14
10/2/18

What a useless website this is. It's nothing more than a forum for people to vent their rubbish and vitriol when Facebook and other social media isn't enough. Nobody credible reads any of these petitions anymore because you have to wade through thousands of rubbish ones before you get a genuine one - if you can recognise it when you see it. Unless Change.org put some resources into properly policing this site and weeding out the rubbish and the defamatory self serving petitions full of misinformation and lies, then it's not worth the time logging on. Change.org don't respond to complaints or take action. They just waffle on, delay and lie. I notice the usual suspects signing the usual rubbish petitions and none of them get anything accomplished. I suppose it keeps the trolls all together in one place - but that's not enough of a positive to make it two stars. I'm off to find a petition to remove Change.org from the web.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it. It's worthless. Just a playground for idiots who have more time in their day than they can spend on Fakebook and trolling.

mulugetaw
8/8/18

this group is collecting fund as they are collecting petition for Dr. Abiy to be given the 2018 UN Nobel Price which is not existing

jeanf80
7/22/18

This company is not a not for profit as their name suggests and they have a record of unscrupulous and biased business practices. To unsubscribe - they make you create an account so they can sell your eMail address. I'm not happy about being duped by this company. I will be much more careful if I decide to put my name on another petition. My inbox is filling with petitions that are mostly politically motivated and the majority do not align with my values.

wendyh193
6/20/18

The historic petition to free political prisoner Tommy Robinson has been sabotaged by allowing an identical petition to run at the same time, which has so far stolen 120,000 signatures from the original. This is an utter disgrace! These people are signing in good faith believing they are signing the only petition, which should rightly by now be nearing 3/4 million.
What use is an organisation that cannot be trusted to ensure that the full tally of signatures for a cause that is of international interest is accurately recorded? In my opinion this will cause everlasting damage to the reputation and credibility of (Change.Org).

mohits22
5/11/18

dsfdsfdfdsfdsfdsfdsfdsfdsfdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

pb90
4/6/18

ZERO STARS IS WHAT THEY DESERVE
Don't do anything with this demonic site! I donated to ONE cause and since then I have continued to sign petitions with the one click method. I didn't understand why I received a Thank you for becoming a member email after a typical petition signing.
What do I see on my cc statement this month??? A $5.00 charge from Change.org that I NEVER AUTHORIZED. I wasn't even asked if I'd like to be a member. STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING WITH THEIR NAME ON IT!

reeced8
3/25/18

No way of cancelling subscription of direct debit. They just keep on taking. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. This is unbelievable.. 1.5m followers on twitter.

virginiaw41
2/19/18

I feel the same as vk.k. Exactly how I feel. Never donate to them again. They just keep charging you. No way to cancel at all. So I just had to close my credit card.

raquelr14
1/10/18

I signed a petition for a grieving widow who couldn't access her husband's face book account and regretted it within minutes. I've since received multiple scam emails, donation requests, and requesting personal info from me. Signer Beware! The more signatures, the more profit goes to uncharitable affiliations... not cool. What a big mistake and nightmare!!! Now I cannot unsubscribe.

vkk1
1/4/18

I'm all for the petitions for worth causes - that's why I've been sucked into this multiple times and right away regretted. Not because of the petitions, but because of Change.org's questionable business ethics and incessant spamming.
I've just received 4 emails in total in a span of 3 hours AFTER I unsubscribed from all emails from Change.org.
Don't the geniuses at change.org realize that people HATE getting spammed every freaking hour? Are they dumb or something?
I just don't get it. Why bother people non-stop? WHY??????

johna741
11/6/17

I joined 12 years ago when it was free they e-mailed me the list of petitions and I picked or signed the ones I was of interest in. They eventually stopped the e-mail list of petitions I guess 5-6 years ago to me then every once and a while sent a petition and asked to donate to send email to other people for that petition which I didn't. I just got an email 11-03-2017 from change and they wanted a membership fee of 7.75-15.00 25.00 ect. to recur every month and I just deleted the email. I was checking my on line banking on the 6th and change had charged my new debit card 10.00 for what I don't know and couldn't find out with there customer service ( which sucks ) I want to know how they got my card no. are they hackers ?

starm4
11/3/17

I have been using change.org and enjoying signing petitions for several years now. I know that they are for profit, but it only mildly bothered me. Imagine my surprise and disgust when I got an email from them today asking me to pitch in $10 a month to "help their small team". Honestly! This is absolutely ridiculous and is bordering on fraud. They are not a charity. How can they consider asking me to donate to them? Should I donate to Starbucks to help them make their coffee? This is a disgusting abuse of public trust and I feel terrible when I think about anyone who falls for it. The poor non-profits that actually would use that money. Shame on you change.org. You are stealing from charities to add to your fat wallet!

chaddm1
10/23/17

Basically a site that sells your email address. Some petitions are based on false accusations and they don't seem to care. A disgruntled ex gf can slander someone. I thought the petitions were fact checked but they are not. Be weary when you sign a petition.

conniew58
10/3/17

THIS IS WHAT I HEARDIF YOU SIGN THOSE PETITIONS THAT ARE ORGANIZED BY CHANGE.ORG

At 2:44am on Tuesday, October 3rd there are 784,913 signatures to "promote cruelty-free exhibits at the Guggenheim". Did you know that for each e-mail change.org receives they TAKE $1.75. At this point of 784,913 they have paid themselves $1,373,597.75! They are NOT a non-profit organization. For example if I donated $20.00 and gave change.org 5 e-mail addresses then they would take $8.75 leaving $11.25. Then one of those people donates $25.00 and gives them 9 e-mail addresses. Change.org gets $15.75 leaving only $9.25.
And a lot of people won't donate at all, but will sign the petition and they will get out of 15 names thinking that they are being helpful when what they have actually done is given change.org $28.00 and nothing to the Cause.

This information came from https://www.activistfacts.com/organizations/530-change-dot-org/

Even though it feels like we're helping the cause, all we're doing is making the owners of change.org extremely wealthy. Just thought I would share that.

IS THIS TRUE?

johnw718
JOHN W.
9/22/17

This Change .org is a bias and bigoted organisation with selective groups allowing what petitions they want and they discriminate against others i have never been the victim of so much prejudice Which is a breach of Articles 19 and 30 Of the UDHR And Australia's Constitution

monicam105
8/30/17

It is so difficult to sign a petition ..i have started a petition and atleast 100 people have complained that they are not able to sign...

rebeccas178
7/20/17

Research cancelling monthly payments before donating! It's impossible. I've tried technical support, help, and even researched on google to cancel my payment. Nothing works.

28 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hello Agness - what a wonderful question! Change.org's mission is to empower people everyone to make the change they want to see in the world. Here's a link with more information about who we are and what we do: https://www.change.org/about. Our help team is always available at help.change.org if you have any questions for us.

By Zo S., Change.org Representative

Hello Jean - thank you for your interest in promoting a petition on Change.org. Our site is secure and your information will only be shared with our payment processors. Here is a link with more information about our privacy policy https://www.change.org/policies/privacy.

By Zo S., Change.org Representative

Hello Joseph - thank you for participating in a campaign on Change.org! You can see the petitions you have signed by logging into your account and choosing 'Profile' from the drop-down menu in the upper right hand corner. There you will see all of the petitions you have signed (please note that this is only visible when you are viewing your own profile). If you have any questions, please contact us at help.change.org.

By Zo S., Change.org Representative

Hello Joel - thanks for reaching out. There are a couple opportunities to financially contribute to a campaign. The first is to promote the petition, which helps raise it's profile on Change.org. Here is a link with more information about promoting petitions: http://help.change.org/hc/en-us/articles/217103508. We also have the option for petition starters to create fundraisers around their petitions. Fundraisers allow users to collect financial assistance for a stated goal. Here is a link with more information about Fundraisers on Change.org: http://help.change.org/hc/en-us/articles/217594347. If you feel that a fundraiser looks suspicious or the intended use of the funds is too vague, please do not contribute. I hope this information helps! Please reach out to us at help.change.org if we can be of any additional assistance. Thanks! Zo

By Zo S., Change.org Representative

Hello Ken - Here is a help center article that will help you locate your petition in your account: http://help.change.org/hc/en-us/articles/206135287. From there you can share it to help raise awareness. Please reach out to our help team at help.change.org if you have any questions. Thanks! Zo

By Zo S., Change.org Representative

apparently you have to pay money as it won't allow you to go through to the next page other wise.....STAY WELL CLEAR THIS SITE IS A SCAM!

By Stuart W.

Questions? Get answers from the Change.org staff and other customers.

Change.org?