Change.org

Change.org has a consumer rating of 2.41 stars from 101 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Change.org also ranks 1st among Petition sites.

No positive highlights yet

• I didn't understand why I received a Thank you for becoming a member email after a typical petition signing.
  • they make you create an account so they can sell your eMail address.
How would you rate Change.org?

“I have used the service for petitions and find...”

Regina C.
1/28/14

I have used the service for petitions and find the staff and support very helpful. I have also made some great connections with people who share similar views about important social issues.

“THEY HAVE AN AGENDA AND ITS NOT POSITIVE!!”

David M.
2/26/14

THEY HAVE AN AGENDA AND ITS NOT POSITIVE!! This site is not Valid. It allows its results to be TAMPERED WITH AND MANIPULATED! They are a farse and should be held accountable for tampering with results! DO NOT SUPPORT THIS WEBSITE.

petition (50) email address (3)
alains14
March 24th, 2019
Whatever money you 'donate", goes to change.org itself. Also you end up subscribing for monthly payments and its very hard to unsubscribe.
They pretend to be a no-profit, but they actually harvest money by making you think you're donating to a cause, while everything goes to them. You do not only pay for them to advertise these petitions, they also sell your data to companies which will start sending campaigns based on your political believes. It's a fraud!
cindym91
December 16th, 2019
I started a petition to make Florida a No Kill State for shelter animals---I invested time and money to do blasts and had over 4000 signatures. Change.org all of a sudden, and with no notification, removed my petition and refuses to answer my emails. Not quite sure how this could possibly offend any decent human being. Bec Wilson, Fbien Chazot, Danny Moldovan, Mike Jones, Ben Rattray and Mark Dimas: What the hell is going on over there!!!!!!??????
dirkm34
October 3rd, 2018
I made a payment of $30 to contribute to Kate McKenzie
I believed this would go to her assisting in medication she requires. Unfortunately my contribution went directly to Change.org. Not as expected or wanted
Have asked to be refunded and have had no response at all to my emails or requests.
This is a scam please be aware.
Dirk McDonald
pb90
April 6th, 2018
ZERO STARS IS WHAT THEY DESERVE
Don't do anything with this demonic site! I donated to ONE cause and since then I have continued to sign petitions with the one click method. I didn't understand why I received a Thank you for becoming a member email after a typical petition signing.
What do I see on my cc statement this month??? A $5.00 charge from Change.org that I NEVER AUTHORIZED. I wasn't even asked if I'd like to be a member. STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING WITH THEIR NAME ON IT!
ericn103
March 8th, 2019
WOW is all I can say. Hope people stay away and dont get scammed

They started a recurring charge on our credit card and luckily we noticed. This is messed up
jeanf80
July 22nd, 2018
This company is not a not for profit as their name suggests and they have a record of unscrupulous and biased business practices. To unsubscribe - they make you create an account so they can sell your eMail address. I'm not happy about being duped by this company. I will be much more careful if I decide to put my name on another petition. My inbox is filling with petitions that are mostly politically motivated and the majority do not align with my values.
billyb192
May 20th, 2019
Do not and I repeat DO NOT START A PETITION!!!!!!!!!!!! I work at a charity and this is soooooooooo sketchy
andrewr327
December 4th, 2018
payments for promotion of campaign actually resulted in a decrease in signatures. Emails suggesting that they want to back your campaign just to a ploy for more cash for ever decreasing returns. Really.....the total number of signatures stayed static then actually fell-how can that be? Being profit-making is one thing but a blatant scam is another-very disillusioned by the cynical attitude of an organisation that purports to be ideals driven.
galen5
January 12th, 2019
I have contacted this organization multiple times to remove content from their website they are not authorized to use. They have not returned phone calls or emails.
candys64
August 28th, 2019
Stay far, far away. I intended to contribute a set amount to sign a petition. As I hit the "submit" button, all of a sudden the terms were changed. They increased the payment I authorized by $10 and signed me up for a continuing monthly withdrawal through my PayPal account. Be forewarned. This site needs to be shut down.

Tip for consumers: They will steal from you

reeced8
March 25th, 2018
No way of cancelling subscription of direct debit. They just keep on taking. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. This is unbelievable.. 1.5m followers on twitter.
seanf100
October 31st, 2018
Potential is so massive, but after continually seeing one sided misleading surveys' that can ONLY support one side (Anti Brexit as the most obviously biased theme) this is not a people's voice but a political engine. Shame. You've wasted an opportunity for a real people's voice.
maggien20
February 25th, 2019
I have recently run a petition and it seemed to be going well but it was infitrated by someone else and therefore i will not be continuing it, It should not be able to happen this easily.
vkk1
January 4th, 2018
I'm all for the petitions for worth causes - that's why I've been sucked into this multiple times and right away regretted. Not because of the petitions, but because of Change.org's questionable business ethics and incessant spamming.
I've just received 4 emails in total in a span of 3 hours AFTER I unsubscribed from all emails from Change.org.
Don't the geniuses at change.org realize that people HATE getting spammed every freaking hour? Are they dumb or something?
I just don't get it. Why bother people non-stop? WHY??????
angea8
June 14th, 2019
This Web site idea Not for Help or resolve problems Humanity it's just Busines make money for naive honest people.
raquelr14
January 10th, 2018
I signed a petition for a grieving widow who couldn't access her husband's face book account and regretted it within minutes. I've since received multiple scam emails, donation requests, and requesting personal info from me. Signer Beware! The more signatures, the more profit goes to uncharitable affiliations... not cool. What a big mistake and nightmare!!! Now I cannot unsubscribe.
ronp208
October 22nd, 2019
This is a scam. I got charged for 4 months after signing their petition and did not get any confirmation or receipt of donation.
virginiaw41
February 19th, 2018
I feel the same as vk.k. Exactly how I feel. Never donate to them again. They just keep charging you. No way to cancel at all. So I just had to close my credit card.
bobz47
May 31st, 2019
they support stupid things like giving Florida inmates fans and Gatorade. weapons can be made from both. they are criminals. they abused someone. They have to pay for their crimes. Support honest people who cant afford fans or A/cs.
jacobs293
August 2nd, 2019
You have to do a donation or share it and then sign up for 10 other petitions just to sign up to one petition
baileyh53
June 5th, 2019
This site is very non user friendly, saving progress on a petition almost never works, and it is very slow to navigate. i would rather see my issue play out the wrong way than try and formulate another petition on this website. Stay away from this website if you want to remain sain.
pamelad256
December 6th, 2019
I was a target of a personal attack campaign after I successfully received a harassment order against another. Several 3rd party people worked together to create a defamation petition full of lies. I sent all my legal supporting documents to change and it took over two weeks for them to pull the petition. The process for contacting them was difficult and with a slow response time. This site can be used to really HARM people.
mingc7
December 11th, 2019
Anyone can use any email address to create and sign petitions. Once your email address is in their system you are spammed forever.

Why is it that anti spam laws do not apply to unethical organizations that refuse to implement email verification?
alannab40
November 16th, 2019
is kinda of fun to use. i enjoy it! easy to use but really good! stop saying negative things about it.
chaddm1
October 23rd, 2017
Basically a site that sells your email address. Some petitions are based on false accusations and they don't seem to care. A disgruntled ex gf can slander someone. I thought the petitions were fact checked but they are not. Be weary when you sign a petition.

they don't let you go until doing a donation, what looks a one time donation ended in a monthly fee. The credit card refuse to take action because what are they doing is consider legal.

By Diana S.
See more answers (3)

Go to this page https://tinyurl.com/y32mnwor You will find full instructions there.

By Eric R.
See more answers (2)

SCAM? Absolutely! Stay clear if you don't want to be robbed.

By Candy S.

the reason why there are so many bad reviews is either they dont like it or they had no idea how to use it

By Alanna B.

Hello Agness - what a wonderful question! Change.org's mission is to empower people everyone to make the change they want to see in the world. Here's a link with more information about who we are and what we do: https://www.change.org/about. Our help team is always available at help.change.org if you have any questions for us.

By Zo S.,

Hello Jean - thank you for your interest in promoting a petition on Change.org. Our site is secure and your information will only be shared with our payment processors. Here is a link with more information about our privacy policy https://www.change.org/policies/privacy.

By Zo S.,

Hello Joseph - thank you for participating in a campaign on Change.org! You can see the petitions you have signed by logging into your account and choosing 'Profile' from the drop-down menu in the upper right hand corner. There you will see all of the petitions you have signed (please note that this is only visible when you are viewing your own profile). If you have any questions, please contact us at help.change.org.

By Zo S.,

Hello Joel - thanks for reaching out. There are a couple opportunities to financially contribute to a campaign. The first is to promote the petition, which helps raise it's profile on Change.org. Here is a link with more information about promoting petitions: http://help.change.org/hc/en-us/articles/217103508. We also have the option for petition starters to create fundraisers around their petitions. Fundraisers allow users to collect financial assistance for a stated goal. Here is a link with more information about Fundraisers on Change.org: http://help.change.org/hc/en-us/articles/217594347. If you feel that a fundraiser looks suspicious or the intended use of the funds is too vague, please do not contribute. I hope this information helps! Please reach out to us at help.change.org if we can be of any additional assistance. Thanks! Zo

By Zo S.,

Hello Ken - Here is a help center article that will help you locate your petition in your account: http://help.change.org/hc/en-us/articles/206135287. From there you can share it to help raise awareness. Please reach out to our help team at help.change.org if you have any questions. Thanks! Zo

By Zo S.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Change.org staff and other customers.

We live in an amazing time, when the opportunity to make a difference is greater than ever before. Gathering people behind a cause used to be difficult, requiring lots of time, money, and a complex infrastructure. But technology has made us more connec...

zos8
Zo S.
Typically does not respond to reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Change.org?

Have a question about Change.org?