SWALEC

SWALEC has a consumer rating of 1 star from 2 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. SWALEC ranks 50th among Energy Efficiency sites.

How would you rate SWALEC?

“Absolute Garbage”

David C.
8/5/20

I've taken out boiler cover for a property I own. The engineer didn't turn up for the initial inspection appointment and supposedly couldn't get an answer when he called for the second appointment despite the fact I know that my tenant rarely leaves the house. I'm really angry at the moment, gutted I went with them.

davidc3460
August 5th, 2020

dorians9
May 18th, 2015

I am severely disabled and I returned home in 2009, when my house had been repaired. SWALEC had installed one of their electricity meters. As time went by, I thought I was using too much electric, so I turned the heat down in my house, bathed less and even went over to paraffin cookers. Then I discovered that their meter was running as fast as a speeding train – even when everything in the house had been switched off! I complained about the meter and was told that they would be charging me if someone came to check the meter. Later, I contacted the meter inspector. He was shocked that SSE SWALEC had said this... because their meter was overcharging by 5 times the amount it should have. Then SSE/SWALEC gave me some money for the faulty meter. Later, they took the same money out of my account – without my permission. Now they have billed me again, and have based the bill on... wait for it... the faulty meter!
Please, please help me by passing on this message around the United Kingdom. Steer clear of this fraudster Company. It will cause you much heartache and pain. You have been warned. Help me, please help me!

Questions? Get answers from the SWALEC staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SWALEC?

Have a question about SWALEC?