CarPaintRepair

CarPaintRepair has a consumer rating of 1.62 stars from 111 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. CarPaintRepair also ranks 65th among Auto Repair sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 33.3%

• There was no need tho, my order has arrived 7 days after placing it and there has been constant communication from them.

• So I got in touch with the local Trading Standards as follows:-
  • Even though I gave them the correct paint code, paint name and reg of vehicle!
How would you rate CarPaintRepair?

“Took time to arrive but seems OK”

LAURIE C.
11/6/19

I was very worried when my order hadn't arrived within three weeks and I then I saw the adverse reviews. However when I got back from holiday today the packet was there with full instructions. Paint looks a trifle light but who knows so will give it a go. I suspect they are a small outfit and sometimes do not have the staff to cope Laurie Callow

“There is no customer service”

Mike W.
12/29/19

They do not answer the phone no matter what time of day you call. They do not reply to emails either. Sent white instead of black and 10 days is not what I call "fast delivery". Avoid - go to the main dealer or Halfords.

trading standards (20) paint code (8) debit card (3) answer phone (4) answer machine (3) credit card company (3) citizens advice (5) 7 days (3)
mikew862
December 29th, 2019
zoltang10
July 11th, 2019
I placed my order another site which belongs to the same company. Unfortunately I haven't got any persistent order reference number about my purchase and only got reply to my mail after a week when I sent my second mail to the carpaintrepair.co.uk over the ralcolours.co.uk. I also couldn't reach them trough phone. So the communication definitely should be far better.
I got my item after two week owing to the incompetent postman who dropped it into wrong postbox.
lauriec203
November 6th, 2019

I suspect they are a small outfit and sometimes do not have the staff to cope
Laurie Callow
markw241
August 15th, 2016
In this day and age of internet shopping nothing should take 3 weeks, and still counting, for any item to arrive delivery normally take 2-3 days with most online shops and couriers, comapnay has responded to my email saying they have sent my paint but that was 4 days ago, i gave them my reg and paint code, should have used paints4u as i did several years ago, but i thought i would try another company as they are from scotland and i live in scotland, how stupid i was all for the sake of saving £2 odd! AH! My paint has arrived the day after I put up this review, ok 3 weeks is pretty bad in this day and age but I got my paint! And it was the correct colour! And they do give a leaflet on how to prepare the surface before painting.
giovannim60
February 28th, 2019
Still waiting, am sorry I didn't read reviews, lesson learnt. Can see why they use world pay and not pay Pal. Absolute scammers, big fancy web advert and based in UK why would you think you would be RIPPED OFF.
E mailed several times, phone not answered. Give them a wide berth.
keiths278
August 8th, 2019
Sent reg and paint code my car is grey they sent red no reply to calls or emails steer well clear read trust pilot reviews.
kennethg159
August 22nd, 2019
Ordered 31 July 2019 and received email that Worldpay had taken my money for payment. That is all I heard - they ignored my 5 emails and 7 telephone messages UNTIL I was fortunate enough that Trading Standard Grampian intervened. I initially contacted Citizens Advice Bureau, as Google advised me, on 03454 040506 who if they consider the enquiry serious enough notify the Trading Standard Officers in the area to help. Trading Standards were extremely helpful and almost a month later CarPaintRepair returned my payment. No apology for their poor Customer Service. I note from their reviews that they have received 1 Star ratings SINCE 2009. How do they function! I believe now that I have published the correct method to contact these people they may improve OR have this review removed. Don't let people like these spoil on-line shopping...
billyc31
August 7th, 2014
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. TAKEN MY MONEY BUT NO GOODS.
I phoned emailed no response.
I CAN ILLAFORD TOLOOSE MY PENSION MONEY.
SO TAKE NOTICE DONT LOOSE YOURS.
craigb195
June 1st, 2018
Totally the wrong colour. Even though I gave them the correct paint code, paint name and reg of vehicle! They do not reply to any emails even though I get an automated response from them so I know they did receive my email. Everytime you call it's just a recorded message. If you want zero customer service and the wrong colour then use these people!
richardp773
November 21st, 2019
I've ordered and not received they will not acknowledge my calls or emails I'm taking it further. Contact:- https://www.advice.scot/contact-us/send-us-your-questions.
hazelt11
April 23rd, 2018
I ordered touch up paint to match my car. Paint arrived but was wrong colour. Sent 2 emails requesting exact match (also picture of my car) or refund. No response from either email. Do not use this company - customer service is non existant.
richardj128
August 8th, 2017
My experience much as others, no calls answered, did get someone at the body shop but he was 'on holiday' and new nothing about paint supply op, no response to emails, (except to tell me they were on holiday, this a week after the date mentioned) no response to request to cancel, SENT FOUR TIMES. Only good news, received my order and paint seems to be of reasonable quality. A cowboy operation that should be shut down.
rong106
July 25th, 2017
Order Number: RG39RG00073305why am i waiting still for my paint, all paid for but no product, if no speedy response i will go the legal route.the least you can do is to return my money.
marthak70
March 21st, 2019
Paid for paints then nothing arrived. Debited money no reply from calls or emails dreadful. No one responds to calls or emails
cend
February 14th, 2019
This must be the worst company on the internet.

Takes your money but
You never get tour paint!
They will never answer the phone
They will never reply to your emails
How a company like this is allowed to continue to trade I will never know
Have reported to Trading Standards today
gordonc19
May 28th, 2015
I see a lot of negative reviews of this company, but although i had to wait a little longer than expected, the quality of the paint is good, and comes with a lacquer touch up top coat, and a guide.the company emailed and made an apology and a note to say they had been on holiday and there was a bit of a back-log, so hey ho they may have delivery issues but i think it was worth the wait considering the amount you get in those crappy touch up pens from halfords. Maybe a little more communication from the company would go a long way. Hence my 4 star score.
andrewc519
June 5th, 2019
Paid for paint and got an automated response.
Have tried phoning a number of times and also e-mailing but all just auto responses.
No paint received and have now claimed my money back from my credit card company.
susanf324
March 8th, 2019
Report to *******@westlothian.gov.uk to get your money back...
I didn't get an answer for days, then a 'dealing with it' e mail from them, then totally the wrong paint colour.
I hate getting scammed. Use this e mail to report...
derekc42
August 21st, 2017
Ordered paint by giving them my Registration and received it within a week.

I didn't read the reviews prior to ordering but personally I can't fault them!
davids2253
June 17th, 2019
Ordered the paint and it was never delivered. The phone number is an answer phone directing you to e-mail them. They never respond to the e-mails.
These people are just rip off merchants and will not deliver the goods.
annemariep10
July 12th, 2019
Ordered, took money but no paint. Cant get in touch with them. How can this company still be working!
joanj24
December 5th, 2017
Ordered on 9th Nov. And still not delivered. 3 E-mails without adequate response.
Telephone calls not returned. Customer service absolutely dire. If unable to deliver please refund money.
petery17
June 5th, 2015
Placed an order on 28/5/15 with Carpaintrepairs for a touch up kit for a Citroen C4 providing just the registration number. Then read all the bad reviews. However to be fair, "lo and behold" I have today (5/6/15) received the kit with the correct colour.
Mr Yates Swadlincote
bryanm82
June 4th, 2016
4 week now waiting on the touch up paint. Called everyday and no one answers the phone. Emailed and got a responce to ask for the REG or VIN number. This email came from *******@carpaintrepair.co.uk to say i will refund you. Im still waiting and have sent lots of replies to evelyn but still nothing. I wish i checked the reviews before i ordered. These people are just crooks. Plain and simple. Do not order anything from these people
billd87
June 3rd, 2017
I am the same as everyone else paid my money no goods avoid these con men at all costs its no use trying to contact as they don't respond to phone calls or e mails I have now ordered my paint elsewhere wish I had read reviews before ordering bd Henley oxon

Telephone Citizens Advice Bureau on 03454 040506 - if they consider the matter serious they notify Trading Standards. It worked for me - I got my refund but no apology.

See more answers (2)

Contact Citizens Bureau on 03454 040506 - if they consider the matter serious enough - and it is - they notify Trading Standards. I got my refund but no apology After almost a month. Don't let them win...

See more answers (2)

Contact Citizens Advice Bureau pn 03454 040506 who will if they consider it serious enough - which it is - notify Trading Standards Grampian. I got my refund but it took almost a month. Don't let them win...

By Kenneth G.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the CarPaintRepair staff and other customers.

Professionally mixed Car Touch Up Paint and Car Spray Paint. Our Car Paint is accurately mixed using your Car Registration Number. We use only the highest quality car paints. Our car paint kits allow you to repair stone chips and scratches easily. Ord...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarPaintRepair?

Have a question about CarPaintRepair?