Review of Cameragiant

Cameragiant reviews

chriso1
3,140 helpful votes
10/10/09

Just thought, since the site popped up as the "most hated" on the front page, that I'd point out that it's gone. There's a parked domain there, nothing more.

No doubt many people will be relieved to see this one gone.

moef
10/7/09

Do your internet research before buying cameras online. I think somehow all camera sales websites are scams. Low prices must mean rip off and scam. Run and hide away from deals that are too good to be true.

davidp2
4/5/09

Low Price Scam Artists.... WONT HONOR PRICE EVER. - OK. they actually WILL honor the price online, IF you purchase about the camera price in extra crap they will force you to buy, or you will never see you order.

I have tried twice to purchase a Canon SX 10 IS, and both times, order went through, both times, got that same " confirmation" letter from them. Amazing you can buy a $2000 tv online without a " confirmation letter", but try to buy a $300 camera....

Anyway. They hit me both times with " I see you didnt get the 2hr or 4 hr battery package" THere is NO SUCH THING as a " 2hr or 4hr" battery when it comes to ANY DIGITAL CAMERA, just FYI. ALL batteries are based on NUMBER OF SHOTS, only CAMCORDERS are based on time.
So the lies start early and often.
I refused, then, was pushed to buy a $200 " Pro SDHC 4GB" memory card, the same thing you can get at Walmart for about $20. Again, refused.
After the first order, I was told it would be shipped in 7-10 days, then in 3 days, got a letter saying' We are sorry, but at the time of your oder we showed a negative in item quantity in our warehouse, it will be 3-4 weeks............"
Been that long, no camera, asked again, NO estimate, just " still backordered". You can get this camera ANYWHERE online, there is NO shortage, never was.

If you don't buy a huge amount of OVERPRICED CRAP from these guys, don't bother even responding to their email, you will NEVER get the camera.
I have 2 order #'s with Zero results. I won't bother with them again.
Only problem is, they are NOT the only ones

I will file other complaints, but incase nobody reads those, or isnt aware of these sites as well,,,,, they are ALL just as bad, and wouldnt be surprised if all are owned by the same company, as they are ALL in NY, ALL will send you a letter requiring you to call, and ALL will hard sell you a ton of worthless crap and ALL will refuse to honor the camera price if you don't buy all the junk at 2-4x the original price of the item you wanted in the first place.

Sonic Camera
Broadway Photo
Fotoconnection
Centruy21Electronics

I Filed a complaint against Century21Electronics with the NY State Attr'y Gen'l, they didnt do a thing, didnt even respond. I did file a complaint with my own states A.G. and they did respond, I did follow up, but only got so far, but at least made my self heard

NY state has always been a haven for camera/electronic scan artists, and the Attorney General has NEVER done a thing to correct this, not in 35 years that I have bought items from NY sellers ( as they were for whatever reason, always the hub for camera equipment )> There are GOOD sellers, B&H photo is one of the best, but you don't get bargain basement prices,, sometimes a sale, but at least you get top quality service from them, and a couple others.

miah
3/5/09

Site Lied and hung up on me numerous times - My Husband and I purchased a Nikon S 60 from this website, though the price seemed too good to be true we did it anyway. The next day, someone from the store contacts me and tells me that I can not purchase the camera if I don't purchase an $80.00 battery that goes with it. I told them I have never heard of such ridiculousness, it would be like walking into a car lot and buying a car without it's tires, he said he would cancel the order and when i made up my mind to spend the extra $80.00 to give them a call. My husband was appaled by the way the handled business, so he decided to call them and try to speak to them... He was hung up twice, and told twice after that, they no longer had the item in stock.. REALLY??? So then I called and they hung up on me as well.

I got fed uo with being jerked around and called Federal Trades Comission and Better Business Bureau and filled a formal complaint. Thanks for reading, and good luck with your purchases. Mia

PS: The website is WWW.cameragiants.com
or you can just google it Thanks again

Questions? Get answers from the Cameragiant staff and other customers.

Cameragiant?