Review of CafeMom

New York, NY 10016, US
feedback@cafemom.com

annoyeds3
11/28/18

I have never been to this website and now there are pop ups about the british royal colonizers. I don't care about them.
Also I am not a mom. Also what on earth does celebrity gossip have to do with being a mom???
Why are there pop ups to this ridiculous waste of time coming onto my computer?

adeled10
10/11/18

cafemom closed their community forums because they weren't making enough money so some members created momconfessions.net and moved over there

maryg482
Mary G.
8/25/18

I don't know how I started getting these automatic pop ups, but EVERYTIME I log into the internet, I get a bottom right corner pup up. PLEASE STOP!!!!!

babsb4
Babs B.
8/3/18

I asked Cafemom to deleter my account & while they did do as I asked, they also got pissy & blocked my IP from their website w/ no explanation. & like everyone said there are way too many bullies & mean girls. Probably, all teenagers trying to be grown-up.

mariam613
6/3/18

I have 4 kids and this is such a great site for tips and help from others moms! Such a wholesome site.

livyp
10/2/17

Members actively stalk, harass, and insult members. Members will seek you out in real life by contacting family members and employers.
Admins, especially in confessions, will not enforce the rules, almost encouraging these "ladies" to act like they are in a zoo. Members will systematically harass and encourage members to commit suicide.
You want to meet the bottom of society and some sociopaths..you have found the right place

lees225
7/28/17

Admins play favorites and dont hold to TOS. I've been banned from mom confessions yet there are members KNOWN attacking and bashing other members who are still allowed.

joannf13
6/24/17

My sister almost killed herself because of this site! I was there at the same time as she was. She never did anything wrong, just posted asking for advice and her life was pulled apart, scrutinized, and destroyed! I check it out every now and then to see if the admins have done anything about this, but shortly after creating an account, It was deleted! Yet it takes them days or weeks to do anything else?

This place is toxic. There should not be a need to 'pull up your panties' and 'have a thick skin' what normal, healthy person would say that you have to just accept bullying!? And just let it go!?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

germainep2
3/1/17

I thought I could get advice. No, it's full of the same bullies and trailer trash making 10s of 1000s of posts. No advice here!

ronnies23
9/26/16

I peek in at this site every once in a while and it's a shame that after a year it's still the same. I saw the post on how they went after one member and that member got removed and banned from the site. But the same members that went off on that person are still there and now they're are disrespecting and degrading new members. How do the CafeMom owners solve the problem? By putting a lock on the post, instead of banning the members who insult others. smh. This site will never change.

thoraa
6/8/16

My sister told me about this site and I've tried numerous times to sign up. Every time I tried to sign up 5 minutes later the site owners DELETED my screen name! I tried to log in with no success. I don't know what went on on this site but whatever it was for some reason I guess they do not want new members. I then signed up again to ask why I can't sign up for the site and 10 mins after I posted the question they blocked & deleted me.
Screw this site!

patriciad77
4/7/16

The people at Cafe Mom site found out about this site and are now posting positive reviews. lol nice try. Like the other reviews says, it is nothing but bullies and people looking for drama. They wait for you to post something negative so they can feed off of it. They get a thrill at bringing people down to their level. The ones that say they do not like drama, they LOVE it! They bark at you and when you bark back they act innocent, report you and call you bat sh!t crazy. Then they continue laughing about it and stalking you months after. Believe the positive reviews all you want, it's only to lure you in. You will be laughed at, stalked and bullied.

silvers2
4/5/16

I have been with Cafemom since almost the start and while I didn't read every last review here I will say that you have to have thick skin to survive CM. Often times there is JR High Mentality (as with some of the reviews what are we 12?) It's an Adult board we need to remember to put on our big girl panties sometimes. I enjoy the brutal honesty and the general mayhem that happens. I Don't know some of these reviews are just as childish and petty as the things they are whining about.

Tip for consumers: Have thick Skin and wear big girl panties.

sm834
4/5/16

My posts were getting deleted when they did not violate any TOS yet they allow blatant attacking and bullying to go on and have no problems with that whatsoever.

reginaa9
4/5/16

I got taunted and inboxed all the time by 2 members on this site. I won't say what I talked about on this site but it back fired and I had two people in my inbox calling me sl*t, idiot, who®e saying Why don't you just jump off a bridge? No one will miss you! They harassed me daily and when I begged the owners to delete my post and my account it took the 3 days to do it! I got so fed up with the harassment I crouched down in my closet with a razor to my wrist. My sister walked in and talked me out off it. I'm glad she did. After that my sister had to get on the owners butt about deleting my account. My account is deleted but my post is still there forever. I advice anyone not to go to this site, the members will push you over the edge with their cyber bullying. Now I know how Amanda Todd, Megan Meier and others felt.....

katiea23
4/4/16

I love cafemom. Of course there are bullies and hateful $#*!es and profanity and drama. There's also a lot of love and kindness and support there, too. It's all entertaining, lol! You can't take things personally, it's just a website with a bunch of random women you'll probably never meet.

tiffanye8
4/4/16

I have been on the site since 2006. Their are groups that bully and harass. But their are also a lot of groups that you can join that are helpful and nice to others. Its all about what kind of people you want to hang out with.

kellies12
4/4/16

This site is not a place to share your private business. Even if you post as anonymous, they will find out who you are, stalk you, inbox you and even go as far as calling CPS on you (I've seen plenty of post about it!) If you post here be careful and do not put any personal info on this site.... especially if you vent about your husband, the members will take one sentence and run with it, calling your husband an @ss, a d!ck head, cheap & low life. Again do not post anything personal....it will come back to haunt you....beware!

imnotk
4/4/16

I've been on CM since 2012. I've never changed my screen name. I've never had issues with bullying or stalking. I've never created drama or lied about my life, and my experience has been tremendously positive.

Here's the deal: there are all kinds of groups. Groups for all kinds of people. There are "support" groups, which are privately owned. Anyone can make a group, so if they want things managed a certain way, they can do that. If they want love and support and a bunch of yes-man crap, they can make that, or find it. There are a lot of groups that offer that sort of thing. I'm in one. If the pre-existing ones aren't cutting it, make Step-Moms United or Special Moms for Special Needs or Kumba-Freaking-Ya or whatever.

There are "b****" groups that are there for drama and entertainment. The biggest one is Mom Confessions, but there are many. These are not groups to look for support. People are a**h****. It's fun and funny, but if you're an a**h*** or an idiot under your screen name, people remember and catalog everything, and it will follow you. Is there bullying? Yeah. I guess. There are sh**** people everywhere. I've never had an issue, and I can be a real d*** sometimes, or say some pretty stupid things. Then again, I don't get my feelings hurt easily, and understand that it's all superficial b***sh** the majority of the time, anyway.

I've made some amazing friends on this site, that are on my Facebook and that plan group video chats, support the hell out of each other and me, and we've all talked about meeting, some of us have met and been part of each other's lives outside of the internet.

You get what you put out. Whine all you want, the site isn't going anywhere, and most of the people complaining are back under a new screen name, because no matter what they say in their exit post, they tend to come back once they realize that they aren't going to change the site. They need to learn that the universe doesn't cater to their whims, and if they want something specific, they need to go out and find it instead of changing what's working for the majority.

Crazy f******.

-ImNotKarl

marlener7
4/4/16

I've been on CafeMom for 9 years now, it has its good groups and it has its not so good groups.
I have found a couple of very good supportive groups, and then there's Mom Confessions. Yes it's not all unicorns and rainbows, it's more of a gloves off no holds barred type of group. But, I've also seen this group come together and support a member that is going through a time of crisis. Such as the member who lost her soldier husband in a motorcycle accident a few years back, another member that lost a child at birth, this group rallied around those members and offered support and compassion.
I've also seen members help each other with information and links to resources, I've seen members help other members in need.

Take it as it is, there is good and bad in all social media.

samantham56
4/4/16

I've been on cm for about 6 years now and I really enjoy it. I spend most of my time in Mom Confessions but I am in some other groups as well. There is a lot of drama and trolling but they make it fun. I've gotten to know some really cool people over the years and gotten support and advice when I've needed it. It's not for those with thin skin, though.

michellem161
4/3/16

This site deserves 0 stars. It's so sad that I do not have that option I honestly think this site is being ran by a bunch of immature teenagers. I posted a serious situation about PostPartum Depression a while back, I reached out for help. I am thankful I got kind replies by alot of members. After I saw my doc and got help and medication I deleted the post. I then made another post about an incident that happened with my baby. A member called whatiknownow (look out for her, she's pure evil) dug up my deleted post (how? I don't not know) and accused me of trying to cover up something I didn't do calling me Andrea Yates. My God! I then deleted that post & made another only to have that evil member repost all my deleted post for everyone to read. Anyone who thinks their post is deleted, IT IS NOT! Members have a way of digging it up. It's a shame the site owners let this go on. I got off of that board quickly! I asked them to delete my account by request and they did. That is not a place to ask advice, it's a place where people can throw bricks at you and get rewarded for it. I hope that site gets shut down!

shandelw
4/2/16

I've been coming to the Cafe Mom site since 2007, I liked the site because you can kick back, vent and talk to friendly people. Over the years it's changed. The people on there are nothing but wolves waiting to attack you & the board owners do nothing about it. They just let it happen. Especially at the Step Mom Central board. *warning look out for the following members: ** * they are nice in the beginning ( scratch that out I was wrong, quote by member whatiknownow "well, she's wrong. She says we are nice in the beginning. That's bull$#*!. I'm never nice.") They gang up in you and get you kicked off the board in a flash. I vented there once and got verbally attacked by all of those members I mentioned, they called me all types of names and as soon as I started fighting back, the board owners deleted me and blocked my screen name from getting back on the site. Then the members there click on your screen name, dig up deleted post that you put on there in the past and use what you posted in the past against you. On top of that the owners GO INTO YOU INBOX & DELETE MESSAGES people sent to you. Where's the privacy?? They make you feel low & dirty like the scum of the earth. It's a shame the board owners let this go on, I thought cyber bullying was illegal. I would not recommend this site to ANYONE. You will get torn into pieces. Go to The Baby Center site or Baby Gaga, the women there have much more common sense.
**personal info redacted by admin

callieo3
3/9/16

Cafemom is NOT a place for respectable and decent women to spend their time. Why? Because 90% of the time posters are going after each other for one thing or the other.

Sure cafemom has rules, but those rules aren't followed in private groups. One example is Exhile Island, one of the worst groups. Originally made for women who has been banned from Babycenter. They use that group to continue drama from BBC.

I was harassed, cyber-bullied, and stalked on BBC and it was brought over to CM. I have a pretty tough skin but the disgusting lies that fellow MOTHERS (shame on them) said about me was very hurtful. And CM allows it to happen time and time again.

I have seen you many women be beaten down by internet bullies. It's sad when a group of moms have nothing better to do with their time but hurt other moms.

shellys31
1/4/16

The site is awful. Major bullying

Cafemom closed their community go to momconfessions.net instead

By Adele D.

Questions? Get answers from the CafeMom staff and other customers.

3 Photos for CafeMom