Review of British Gas

Tel: +44 333 202 9604

sarahh507
5/2/19

BRITISH GAS LIARS,SCAM AND RIP OFF
British Gas both supply and maintenance is a total rip off and they are scamming customers.
They state that they service and check your boiler with an annual service and they check that your central heating is in good working order.
This is totally untrue they don't check your central heating at all.
That makes it a scam because they falsely advertise it as part of the annual service.
Mine was supposedly checked and signed off by them however 3 valve leaks occurred in a very short time one the same leak twice causing considerable damage to a newly decorated kitchen.
They try to say they are not responsible, but the damage was caused by sheer incompetence of their lazy engineer who did not check the central heating system at all.
Their policy also states accidental damage is included.
I would like to know how they are checking a central heating system is in good working order without so much as turning it on and checking each radiator is hot and does not need bleeding.
This is false advertising by them and a scam to con people out of money.
Many people have stayed with them years because they think it is a hassle to change but it is very easy to change suppliers.
It's actually very easy and can be done with a simple phone call to any other supplier.
British gas also is ripping people off on the cost of gas and electric.
Standing charges and unit charges are much cheaper with other suppliers there are now many.
Don't think they treat loyal customers of many years any different because they do not
British gas is a rip off company who could not care less about their customers.
According to the press British gas are losing nearly 100000 customers a month as people wake up to better service and prices from other suppliers.

British Gas are totally useless and a waste of space .
My report now goes to the financial ombudsman .
My assessment of the situation is exactly what happened.
British Gas was given every opportunity to sort the situation out amicably and after dealing with them locally they failed to even respond to a complaint letter sent to head office.
The sheer arrogance of this company is unbelievable and don't be fooled by there false advertising.
My advice is keep clear of this scam company.
They also after 2 weeks still have not returned an overpayment of £160 if next week l still don't receive it l will issue county court debt proceedings against them.
I terminated both my accounts with them and changed suppliers on 25th March.
2weeks ago they said I would receive a cheque in 3 -5days MORE LIES!
I spoke to these incompetent fools again today they have not even processed my refund they just told me it will be another 10 days.
The way this company now operates is totally beyond belief.
What a totally ridiculous reply from British gas had the incompedent engineer tested the system to be be in a safe working condition as per British Gas advertising he would have found the leak but as he failed to check the system was in a safe working condition he did not find it .As previously stated how is BG checking a Central heating system properly without even switching it on ?lt is a ludicrous reply which by the way is also supposedly covered for accidental damage so either way British Gas are responsible.The amount of bad reviews this lousy company has just goes to prove how bad they really are.

sweeq
3/15/18

The comprehensive service home care package we have had with British Gas (BG) used to be great: appointments were made quickly, plumbers/electricians usually turned up on time - and customer service, polite and efficient. Things have changed it appears. This morning a rude lady from BG customer service called to say that the plumber who was meant to be turning up today (we have a toilet that cannot be used!) will not and that the earliest appointment would be in 11 days' time! She sounded like a robot and refused to call my wife who manages the household. Her tone was "if you don't like it, too bad" and claimed that there was no supervisor for me to speak with, so if I insisted on complaining, I would need to go online (where no doubt it would be sat on/dealt with) by other BG robots. This is the problem with businesses that grow too big and are virtual monopolies - they end up trading customer goodwill for short term profits. I'll need to research alternatives...

alexo26
3/22/16

So, with all the endless possibilities around regarding changing suppliers, I thought I might have a look at what my existing supplier, British Gas has on offer. As I have a couple of properties I thought they might have a better offer than my tried and tested tariff which I hadn't bothered to look at for years. Well, there isn't anything better. However, if you want to carry on then we will send you a £50 Amazon voucher. I duly applied several weeks ago, and after x 2 phone calls, I'm still waiting. I've heard many other complaints on customers not receiving theirs also. After all, I give them my business and practically wipe their behinds by giving u.t.D member readings and registering all online to !ale it easy for them. It's always the Same thing with all big companies: promises never stack up, ever. Well, I've just told them to sort it in a week or I'm off to someone else who can also save me a few hundred a year. No real reason for being loyal with these people: you are irrelevant in their sea of profits. Just a little home owner.

kumarm
4/14/11

Ive neva used them as my energy provider but theyre the one of the most appalling and unprofessional company of UK. Before I moved into my flat, another tenant was living there and he used britishgas. Its been 5years since hes moved out, and i still keep getting letters at my address under his name and account. Ive made several calls to them to inform them that the person doesnt live here for 5years and to stop sending me mails. Ive forwarded over 50mails by post to return to the guy at his new address but they seem to neva get it. They still send their engineer to check my gas supply every year and Ive told him every year the same thing, that i don't use them and theyve got to delete the details for the last 5years. I just can't believe how unprofessional they are. Its the most simplest thing to delete the account if the person has moved on or chase him whereva he lives as this kinda info is readily available anyway. But they can't do this one little simple thing. Im just glad i don't use them as a supplier. Neva can believe such appalling stupid service.

Questions? Get answers from the British Gas staff and other customers.

British Gas?