Braintree Payments reviews

Tel: 1 (877) 434-2894
support@braintreepayments.com

harryl84
9/26/18

You will loose your money, your nerves and your business will suffer.
Stay away from them, you will thank me.
This is a high end scam company.

kaneg2
4/28/18

3 years we were with braintree and it started well but ended in a mess. When trying to update business details (even just a simple email) it became a nightmare. They still send valuable emails to our old email address and never updated our business information to this day.

Stay clear if you ever need support and get ready for a long haul, a simple process of finding out where missed funds went took them over 2 weeks, often taking days to reply, never doing more than 1 reply in a day and making passing on simple information harder than it needs to be. Then they switch support staff and don;t read what was previously said, asking you to explain it all when it's clearly in the emails below.

We decided to choose braintree because they said they would have features available to use in the near future, 3 years on they still didn't have them. They rarely update their website or api. When we decided to move the made the process painful taking more than 3 weeks. This is a struggling company best to pick someone else to handle something so important for your business.

cynn2
4/13/18

I am neither a company nor a business nor anything other than a lowly consumer.

I live in the EU and I tried to make an online purchase with a company in the UK. After inputting my credit card info as required, verification screens and all, a message was returned stating my bank had declined the transaction and to contact them. Which I did immediately. To make a very long story shorter, my bank had NEVER denied the transaction, on the contrary they had approved it each and every time we (my bank and I together over the phone) tried to do the purchase. In fact, my bank informed me they had never even seen the transaction come through so could not have denied it even if they wanted to. What to do? Contact the merchant. Which I did. They contacted Braintree and were told Braintree would only tell them one word "Fraud". What did this mean? The merchant could not tell me and Braintree would not tell them. I tried a second card on a different bank with the same result. I tried contacting Braintree directly and they told me to 'contact the merchant'.
So now my card is not able to be used with this particular merchant (and I wonder how many others) and I have no way to resolve this problem. If they think there is some fraud involved, a reasonable person might think they (Braintree) ought to give some help in resolving this.
But since they insist the bank has declined the transaction and I know that is a lie, it is apparent to me they are neither a reliable nor responsible entity.

brunom57
10/10/17

Braintree is rubbish. Their risk team just closed dow my account with no warning whatsoever. It was a new business with very few transactions. The funds have been held for 90 days now.

elodieb1
9/5/17

Absolutely shocked by the poor service from Braintree. Each communication with their support, accounting and risk team is a treasure hunt, where information is revealed piece by piece. Yet the entertainment doesn't last long, when you also realize that all the information which is given, is actually wrong, because the different departments dont speak to one another. While THEY seem to be doing a real good business with fraudulent transactions & chargebacks, they put small businesses at risk by freezing their accounts with absolutely no prior notification, telling you they will release funds, and an hour later telling you the contrary. Simply Outrageous.

georgeg127
6/7/17

Stay away down braintree. Their customer support is ridiculous. I faced a chargeback on my website while using Braintree and they firstly held all my funds and blocked all transactions, without any notice in a week!! The guys only focus on their big clients such as uber and Airbnb and just ignore the rest.
Stay way!!

boba72
3/16/17

I had worst experience with this company. They shut down my account because of client chargeback. It was a genuine transaction, but because of my client own stupidity (he forgot that he authorized the charge), he requested a chargeback. My account was permanently canceled even though my client canceled the chargeback, apologized, even directly called them to tell that it was his mistake, and wrote a letter to them, they told me that it was final decision and they will not restore it back.

I was about the launch a new custom product with braintree being my payment system, i have been working on it for the past year and spend over $150K, they just ruined everything, i had to switch to another company, and do API integration.

Stay away from them at any cost.

P.S. I spoke to Salman and his supervisor (very arrogant person), my client spoke to Nick.

waynet23
10/8/16

I applied to Braintree payment system and they had rejected me for no specific reason. They took all my banking information and ID's and then turn us down. They did not try to work with us to have to resolve why we were rejected. VERY SHADY COMPANY.

vvv2
6/30/16

Braintree payments has promised the company I was part of to have the merchant account funds released. They have held the funds for over 4-5 months now. Bobby Nickrent at Braintree has managed to manipulate my ex-partner and their whole company has decided to abort contact with me. I have made several unsuccessful attempts to speak with their team, yet every single request has been ignored.

Conveniently they have also taken advantage of the situation between myself and my ex-partner. They still hold thousands of dollars as of this very moment, despite the customer's product has already been delivered months ago. Beware working with a company like this.

I also have evidence to show that Braintree, and more specifically Bobby Nickrent has been compromising merchant's data, toying with it for his own benefit. Stay away from this company! They have robbed the business I've set up.

Total amount : $100k+
Amount held unrightfully : $40k+

Bobby Nickrent from Braintree is notoriously known for shutting down merchant accounts for no valid reasons. He should apply for Guinness records to measure the amount of incompetence he has, but that's just the tip of the iceberg.

There's only one thing that can compete with his incompetence - that is his ego-filled personality.

Ironically, this merchant-sucking-vampire isn't the brightest candle in the room. His historically shady past has always been overlooked by Braintree's team. I have personally tried to voice my opinion over, to which Braintree decided to not communicate with me anymore.

Bobby Nickrent from Braintree Payments is a Scammer. He also violates several Merchant laws, as well as some Federal laws. Take a look at some of the attached screenshots from his personal Facebook profile.

I have complained about his Facebook posts to their head of Risk team. Guess what the solution was? They simply decided to not communicate with me anymore. Isn't that comical?

Predictably, the Facebook posts have also disappeared now. This proves the point that they have taken a look at my complaint, simply tried to cover their ***, and decided to not communicate with me anymore.

Luckily, I have saved a copy of the posts on Archive Web. Below are the links for your reference -

If you're working with Braintree, your data is at a HUGE RISK! Braintree has not taken any action against this, instead decided to cut contact with me. As a merchant, would you like to have your business disclosed to some random blokes on Facebook?

That's just the beginning. So if you're thinking to work with Braintree, I suggest you think twice...

Tip for consumers: Use them at your own risk.

johnd442
11/5/15

Do not use Brain Tree Payments because they will reserve your funds without any warnings, and they lie to you on top of it when you call them and tell you, that your funds will be available in 2-3 business days. So you give them more credit card transactions but you won't see this money because they were tricking you of charging more transactions so they can hold more of your funds. If you have one time problem with a small transaction they were trying to debit and does not go thru you would be in BIG TROUBLE.
The only reason why I gave them 2 stars instead of one is because their website braintreepayments.com is actually easy to use. But unfortunately they cannot be trusted with your money

karll25
9/22/15

Top notch service, reasonable pricing and an easy to use web interface. Braintree is best in class for any business that takes credit cards and offers subscriptions.

terrancew3
2/5/15

Brain Tree is a great payment processing platform for any small or growing business. They have great tools for processing SaaS subscriptions and it's all very easy to use. Fees are reasonable and the customer service is really very good. I'd recommend them to any business owner.

Tip for consumers: Look for deals for small business new sign ups

Questions? Get answers from the Braintree Payments staff and other customers.

Braintree Payments?