Review of Booktopia

Lidcombe, NSW 2141, AU
Tel: +61-29-0454394

taylas3
6/4/19

I ordered 4 books total, Booktopia was quick to send emails and there tracking service is excellent. The package was very sturdy so my books arrived safely and not damaged. Very pleased and will be ordering from them again!

vickiw100
5/31/19

Book was delivered promptly unfortunately Australia Post left the book at my front door in torrential rain in a bag not waterproof, I was home with door open, lucky I rescued it before damage was done, poor service Aust Post.

sarahm862
5/29/19

Easy and quick with decent price, shipping costs which is something I also look for given there are so many options. Would recommend. Had no issues.

markp640
5/27/19

Navigation of website was good as was the price of the book, but paid the extra fee for next day delivery and it didn't arrive until the day after. Misleading and made the whole experience negative. A big let down.

gillp5
5/17/19

Cheaper than other shops, easy payment options,
Arrived sooner than was indicated would definitely recommend Booktopia.

ald82
5/15/19

Love the site, easy to see prices and promotions, easy to order and arrived promptly. All round it was great!

michelleg421
5/15/19

skMy book arrived in pristine condition. The service was prompt and reasonably priced. I would certainly recommend this website to anyone looking to purchase books.

olar7
4/18/19

I have no complaints about the transit of my book. It arrived in pristine condition.
I have no more to say but this window expect 100 characters minimum. Now that is ridiculous.

nicoleb429
4/11/19

My paperback covered books came with bent covers with the corners fraying and the one book with like a plastic covering over the paperback is peeling off. The package in which it was shipped in was an awful paper bag, a box would've made far more sense.

jackf159
4/10/19

Highly recommend Booktopia based on my experience, great service, competitive prices and fast shipping.

claird11
2/26/19

Can't actually believe how terrible this company is. Ordered books on basis they were available. They weren't. Now almost four weeks later I have heard nothing from them, yet have already been paying for the order via afterpay. I also can't get through on their line which for over a week has been met with "due to an extremely high number of callers..." blah blah blah.
Terrible service. I will never, ever use them again.

normann14
2/25/19

The purchase and communication processes in place are excellent. I was soon notified that there would be a delay of a day or two due to the item not being available in the warehouse. This ended up not being the case and I received the item within two days in perfect condition. Would definitely buy from Booktopia again.

libbyr9
2/22/19

I hope my comment will be useful. I was very angry with the staff. Also they have delivery like a snail.

katej69
2/19/19

Books listed as ready for shipment in 1-2 days. A week later, they're still not dispatched. Almost impossible to phone as it takes almost an hour to get through. Online chat readily available but they just lie. One will say the orders escalated, next person says it's "stuck" in the warehouse, next person says it's being sent express. Next person says they can't give a dispatch date. I think we have a case for the ACCC.

vickim150
2/15/19

Order books for next semester. 3-4 day supposed posting after a week nothing. They said 1 book was in and waiting on the other. Could NOT contact then by phone but on live chat they contradicted the information I had received and said they had no idea as to when 1 book would be in "probably" 2 weeks" . I cancelled order and have asked for refund that has not been received as yet.

jamesb1428
2/10/19

Don't Waste your time. Ordered a book which was meant to be in stock.
Over 6 business days & nothing happened. asked twice about the order & was told 2-3 more days each time. ended up having to get a refund & go somewhere else.

kennethk120
2/9/19

Received book as advised and recieved it a couple of days after order ordered.
Would recommend booktopia to any one.

shelleyg43
2/7/19

Once again, was able to order a DVD that was not stocked locally for a great price and delivered on time

brianr364
2/6/19

My order was posted in under 24 hours and delivered early the following morning in perfect condition. No-one does better than that!

leonp36
2/6/19

Great service. I was notified along the way of my order status and the actual day of delivery. The books arrived in good condition, and my kids were extremely happy.

kanep1
1/25/19

Ordered a book 2 weeks ago. Said it was in stock and should be delivered within a few business days. Two weeks later and still nothing. Have sent two messages and they are not responding. The live chat had also popped up in two instances, when clicking on it, it informed me it was not available. Will never order through this company again.

mw212
1/16/19

Ordered apparently 'In Stock' items. The website states 2-3 business days for delivery. Next day I receive an email saying the title I ordered will be in their Warehouse in 15 days! Being sent from their supplier, just another company pretending to be Australian when really all of their stock is ordered from overseas AFTER you pay for your order. Misleading and Zero follow up replies to my enquiries. Truly hopeless, use anyone else is my advice..

trishp35
1/16/19

Once again great service. Quick delivery, items arrived in perfect condition. I highly recommend everyone to deal with Booktopia. A+

karens813
12/29/18

I had not ordered from Booktopia before & ordered a couple of books for my son for Xmas. The ordering process was good & prices more than reasonable. The order was processed & shipped quite quickly. I recommend Booktopia!

elizabethh370
12/23/18

I placed an order 23rd November. Both items showing on the site as in stock. Have not received the items in time for Christmas. Same experience as another on here that Booktopia are not answering emails. I just did a live chat and they were no help either.

Questions? Get answers from the Booktopia staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Booktopia