Review of Booktopia

Lidcombe, NSW 2141, AU
Tel: +61-29-0454394

vickim150
2/15/19

Order books for next semester. 3-4 day supposed posting after a week nothing. They said 1 book was in and waiting on the other. Could NOT contact then by phone but on live chat they contradicted the information I had received and said they had no idea as to when 1 book would be in "probably" 2 weeks" . I cancelled order and have asked for refund that has not been received as yet.

jamesb1428
2/10/19

Don't Waste your time. Ordered a book which was meant to be in stock.
Over 6 business days & nothing happened. asked twice about the order & was told 2-3 more days each time. ended up having to get a refund & go somewhere else.

kennethk120
2/9/19

Received book as advised and recieved it a couple of days after order ordered.
Would recommend booktopia to any one.

shelleyg43
2/7/19

Once again, was able to order a DVD that was not stocked locally for a great price and delivered on time

brianr364
2/6/19

My order was posted in under 24 hours and delivered early the following morning in perfect condition. No-one does better than that!

leonp36
2/6/19

Great service. I was notified along the way of my order status and the actual day of delivery. The books arrived in good condition, and my kids were extremely happy.

kanep1
1/25/19

Ordered a book 2 weeks ago. Said it was in stock and should be delivered within a few business days. Two weeks later and still nothing. Have sent two messages and they are not responding. The live chat had also popped up in two instances, when clicking on it, it informed me it was not available. Will never order through this company again.

mw212
1/16/19

Ordered apparently 'In Stock' items. The website states 2-3 business days for delivery. Next day I receive an email saying the title I ordered will be in their Warehouse in 15 days! Being sent from their supplier, just another company pretending to be Australian when really all of their stock is ordered from overseas AFTER you pay for your order. Misleading and Zero follow up replies to my enquiries. Truly hopeless, use anyone else is my advice..

trishp35
1/16/19

Once again great service. Quick delivery, items arrived in perfect condition. I highly recommend everyone to deal with Booktopia. A+

karens813
12/29/18

I had not ordered from Booktopia before & ordered a couple of books for my son for Xmas. The ordering process was good & prices more than reasonable. The order was processed & shipped quite quickly. I recommend Booktopia!

elizabethh370
12/23/18

I placed an order 23rd November. Both items showing on the site as in stock. Have not received the items in time for Christmas. Same experience as another on here that Booktopia are not answering emails. I just did a live chat and they were no help either.

tahneer1
12/21/18

I ordered 2 x books from Booktopia on the 11th December 2018, the feed was advising the books were available (Instock) which they were not as they were waiting for the stock to arrive. The only email I received was 24 hours later after I had paid for the books advising they would not be in stock until the 18-20th December. I emailed Booktopia requesting a call back with an explanation and for them to post Express as they were Christmas presents - Nothing from the company. Major Lack of communication. I then received the email confirmation on the 22/12/2018 advising I would have them by the 03rd January 2019! Same thing happened with my order back in 2016 from Booktopia

markp569
12/20/18

Order arrived damaged. Contacted Booktopia and never got a response. This was a gift for someone so a big waste of time for me. Damaged appeared to be caused by careless packaging. Plenty of book suppliers out there so NEVER AGAIN!!

johnl1166
12/11/18

I ordered a book that they then said they were having trouble sourcing. The book has not arrived and they are not answering any of my requests for an update or refund.
They never seem to answer the phone either.

christopherh318
12/9/18

Shipping commitments are meaningless and customer service is laissez-faire. Now have to chase my refund.
Will never purchase from this seller again.

annl166
11/22/18

Thought the title would be a bit obscure but Booktopia had 3 copies at best price and the books arrived within 2 days

andrewf61
11/22/18

The product (some cards) came as described, in good condition and well packaged.
I DID pay for next day delivery and it didn't arrive until the day after, but that the only negative.

abigaila25
11/14/18

I recently bought books for nieces - I'm in Cape Town and she's in Melbourne - and it was as easy as I could have hoped for.

celestew13
11/11/18

Bought an Ebook and paid $27.95 via credit card. Book never downloaded, my money gone. Contacted customer service and got the run-around. The customer service officer made it look like I didn't know what I was doing - told me how I should download on Mac/IOS after I advised I use Microsoft and Android. After a few messages that didn't go anywhere I gave up and will let karma do what it does well. What goes around comes around. Will have nothing more to do with this site ever again.

danab160
9/17/18

After my first time ordering with Booktopia, I will never again make the
same mistake. I ordered 26 August not realising that there is actually a
7-10 day lead time as the stock is ordered direct from the supplier.
This was my own fault as I did not read this before ordering, but was
happy to wait. Today on the 14 September I decided to contact Booktopia
as it was past the 7-10 days and I had not received any further updates
on the order. I was informed that there had been a glitch and the stock
was never ordered from the supplier and I would have to wait another
7-10 days before it could even be shipped. I do not understand how this
happens and why I was not informed until I contacted support nearly
three weeks after ordering. Overall my experience with this website has
been incredibly disappointing. I will not be returning and would
encourage others to also avoid.

peterf106
8/20/17

i wrote and sent a review 6/8/17. i received acknowledgement and verification on 7/8/17 from Booktopia. However my book review has still yet to be posted by Booktopia as at 21/08/17. I did contact them a week ago to find out why and was told 'person was away but would be back soon...' Is it me being a bit impatient, or is Booktopia asleep on the job?

lorda3
6/27/17

No answer on customer service.
Book listed as available but after you paid, you will receive a complicated email.. which you will realize that you have been scammed. . Email says you have to wait 120 days to obtain book. Thats not guaranteed if you get it in 120days and they don't even give you a date. Customers have to wait 120 days on the phone just to get them to pick up. We need consumer affairs to stop this style of behavior. It is not transparent. . Someone need to tell to Booktopia.com to take off the unavailable books from website. (If you dont have the item just say) let the customer spend their money in another store. Stop the scam and charging people for "unavailable" items and also stop charging $7 for a shipment. And answer the Bloody PHONE.
Scam scam scam! Don't try that website

richardb141
5/12/16

My daughter recently purchased books on line from booktopia and the hard cover editions at booktopia were cheaper than paper back versions in local book stores , the books ordered arrived in the time booktopia stated and due to the brilliant way booktopia packed them , they arrived in perfect condition. I would recommend booktopia to anyone wishing to buy books on line.A truly rewarding shopping experience .

taylorl27
3/21/16

I have been shopping with Booktopia for years now and I don't think that I have had a bad experience yet.
The prices are really good. Sometimes I do compare them to other sites but I have found that around 90% of the time Booktopia is cheaper and definitely more reliable.
Every month if you receive their emailed newsletter you get sent a free shipping code which is valid for around 2 weeks.
As I always buy my books in bulk, I believe this works out perfectly for me. By the time I have finished reading all my books, the free shipping offer is available again.
Their estimated delivery time has always been on point.
I would definitely recommend this site.

taniam5
1/14/16

A positive review: Booktopia is an online bookshop / ebook audio service in Australia. These guys are very efficient where they let you know when book/s have been shipped from their warehouse. Then provided with a tracking number by Australia post being their shipping service. You can track your parcel online to the day of delivery. Very happy with their services.

Questions? Get answers from the Booktopia staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Booktopia