Review of B&H Photo Video

Tel: 1-800-606-6969
2017 Customer choice award

bobg10
7/26/11

I love this site and this place. They really have it all. I once needed a camera for my house. They had me speak to this guy who persuaded me to spend less money. Who does that. "you got to go to B&H"

danielc9
7/24/11

B & H
My message is to express my dissatisfaction with the service provided. Make two (2) purchases the July 5, 2011 to come to Miami. The place from Peru for that country. Not finding anyone returned packages. One stay at UPS and the other returned to NY for no reason because both packages will be issued a "Hold" to stay in Miami. When contacting the Call Center B & H, coordinate delivery with Gabriel Muñoz, who gave me a lousy service to offer something that could never be. In addition, ordered the deployment of the package was in NY to Miami with urgency would only be 2 days because in this country and being a mistake you (B & H) had the decency to charge low $ 41.90. That is, I charged to my credit card an amount that you must assume. Additionally, request to hear the call of July 18, 2011 I had with Gabriel Muñoz who could not solve the impasse that had and that made me lose all day since I returned to my country (Peru) the next day (19 July 2011). Because of this man, I lost all day and made me go 3 times ProQuad UPS tells me that he had made the arrangements to pick up the package when UPS knew nothing and the last call made at 5:30 about me change the version of the conversation during the day. Request to be heard these flames as well as the one I had with David Lopez (between 5:00 and 5:30 pm) because not only treated me badly but I cry on the phone. That is, a person should not be working in that area so if you treat people who have problems as I had. If not for the people of UPS, had not been able to return to the things you buy in stores because its people could not fix anything, lost me the day and gave me a lousy deal. If they check their records, in 2009 had already made a purchase of $ 1223.00 or so and not having any problem do another this year for a total of $ 4500.00 but after treatment they have given me, I do not want to rely more on their services that they provide a very poor quality of service. I hope you hear the Call Ringtone of July 18, 2011 and take action on the matter.
Atte.
Daniel Conde 987729394 (Lima, Peru)
dcondep@gmail.com

jonb9
6/29/11

B & H is one of the good guys in the photography web world. There are so many bait and switch, added fees, phone call confirmations...that are just bad. These folks offer new, quality products, no fees, no "funny" stuff....good service...good product....buy from them. Example of a bad guy: ajrichard.com

paulp9
5/23/11

Everything was great and they have the best prices I've seen on some items

durnl
3/9/11

I am a High School photo instructor, I buy TONS of photo gear and equipment... B&H service is consistently lame... it sucks... the reps that I talk to are arrogant and condescending, less than helpful and rude. I recently had an issue with a tripod that I bought from them, they told me to contact the manufacturer, when I asked for the number, the rep told me to google it.
I AM PREPARING TO SPEND 25,000 ON NEW CAMERAS FOR MY DEPARTMENT AND
I WILL NEVER BUY FROM B&H AGAIN.

brianj3
10/27/10

Ordered a home theater system because they had the best price. I was hesitant because my only previous experience (camera purchase) was somewhat bad also due to persistent and aggressive upselling. This time the order did not ship on time, and when I called the customer service simply did not care. Nothing was done, no apology, it shipped late and that was that. The customer service was somewhere between apathetic and rude.

B&H isn't the worst company out there, but they are low on my list for future purchases.

danw8
9/27/10

I love these guys - consistently low prices and GREAT people behind the counter.

georgesl
8/8/10

This is my first and definitely last order from this site.
It's not reliable and do not care about customers. I ordered a pair of binoculars and it said that it will take about 7-14 days to get to me. First answer when I emailed the Customer service (july 14) : "The order should ship soon ..." Of course no updated shipping term was mentioned. That's what we can call a really interesting answer !!!!! Second reply after second email (july 18) : "backorder is expected to arrive at our warehouse today ..." Of course I'm still waiting !!!! Third answer : "backorder is expected to arrive at our warehouse by the end of next month ..." !!!!!
They did not even bother to keep me informed. I had to email them for the follow up.
If you want a really reliable shipping date, just avoid this site, especially when you're expecting this item for your vacation.

pauly1
7/22/10

the standard...

jaym9
7/21/10

In all my dealings with these people, on line and over the phone, they stock what they sell first hand...they are not a portal in the sense of Hayneedle.com... they have been in business in NY,NY for 30 years and have competitive prices and excellent service. They are experts in what they offer, so if you get something that is out of alignment they can and will verify that. They are not scared to agree with you because they simply charge back the item to the company they ordered from.

You are held harmless. Its peace of mind with B&H.

yelenao
6/29/10

the best customer service you can ever experience, the staff is very knowlegable and goes out the way to help you. I have purchased 4 camera's from their store and looking forward to buy more.
Thanks to B&H!
yelena(SF)

davem5
6/22/10

Have been using BH for over 10 years and have always found the best prices, outstanding shipping and courteous returns. Sometimes, they will even give you a small discount over the phone. Can't say enough nice things about this absolutely, all-round professional company!!

earlt
6/20/10

I suscribe to their catalog which is great. Everything is always great at this place. I've bought numerous times from them and I've yet to have anything but a great experience. They're not always the cheapest but you get what you pay for. Sometimes great service is worth a few dollars extra. Buy with confidence from BHPhotoVideo

glync
6/17/10

I am a semi-pro or part-time pro who has shot for 50+years. B&H prices can rarely be beat or their prices are very close to the best. Their quality and service always tips the scales in their favor for me.
I just searched for a good scope for my rifle and guess what? B&H had the best price. I've been in their NYC store. It in itself is amazing! I've purchased dozens of items from them and not one problem. Not one return. Call them; you get great help...
All my high-end Nikon D-300 stuff came from them. Televisions and high quality monitors, too. I could go on, but why? They have a fantastic reputation. Pros recommend B&H over and over.

jr11
6/8/10

Excellent customer support and reasonable prices. This is a good solid site.

heathers3
5/24/10

Last year I got scammed ordering online to buy a canon camera and it never arrived but they took my money. This time I tried BHphotovideo and had a much better experience. The prices were cheaper than in the retail stores and they had very fast shipping too. If you are looking for a digital camera then this should be on your list of places to shop.

robertl3
2/3/10

I returned a new defective toshiba laptop computer, that was supposed to be replaced. Returned on 2/1/2010 by UPS at 9 am and signed for by Alex. Routing number 1Z29AR610360484935. I've never gotten an answer

jerryg1
2/2/10

Sure they have everything under the sun, may God help you if your order isn't right. Basically they tell you that "There is nothing we can do about it, here's the manufacturers number, good luck." I have spent thousands of dollars with them, trust me, they don't give a $#!}.

arvinp
12/29/09

Poor poor and pooor. NO RETURNS.... Bunch of cheaters. I just came to know that they don't take return on computers. So bad!! I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THIS STORE EVEN they are giving 25% off then other sellers.

armenb
12/18/09

I have purchased all my cameras and video equipment from this store. Besides camera and video they have computers, audio, lighting, binoculars on consumer and professional level. They are on top of the game for equipment authorized to be sold in the USA. Excellent costumer service. The return policy is standard.

ront
8/2/09

Good prices, fast shipping and generous exchange policy makes BHphotovideo the first place I go to for camera equipment. They always have the widest variety of lenses and lighting equipment available. If you call them they also have very knowledgeable sales reps.

cc
7/22/09

I graduated from point and shoot camera to a Canon Rebel XSi last fall (2008). I was blown away by the huge number of untrustworthy camera/photography websites that offer fabulous prices but have very poor reviews and reputations when one checks on them. Since I spent almost $1300.00 on the initial purchase, I spent a couple of weeks carefully researching the best place to get a good price that would deliver the product and give great customer service. B & H was my choice and I have never regretted it. Since then I have purchased 2 tripods (one was a gift), a new video camera, camera bags, a camera and accessories for my mother, and accessories. I have referred many people to them. If you have a question, their customer service representatives help you until you are satisfied (I am speaking from personal experience). I have only had to return one item, and it went like clockwork. For all the items I have purchased, I have not found a cheaper price from among the sites I felt safe in considering.

The best part is when you chose an item, B & H's site shows you ALL accessories that are available for that item. For those of us who are new to photography and lacking in patience, it makes shopping a breeze. For instance, when I purchased my camera, the SD cards I needed where right there, as well as filters, etc. When I purchased my video camera, I didn't even know there was a converter that would increase zoom available (and I had carefully researched it), but B & H had it listed right there and I was able to get all I needed in one purchase and pay shipping only once!

eim
7/17/09

ok

eddiel
7/17/09

Really isn't a better site out there for camera equipment. Customer service, selection and quality of products are all great. Prices are market, but it is my belief that in this world you get what you pay for.

joels
4/26/09

A valuable site for a Photographer - <p>I like this site as it gives me a lot of information on equiptmnt as I am always looking to upgrade my equipment.</p>
<p>Photojoe</p>

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Robert: Email me - henryp[at]bhphoto.com - and include the original B&H order number if possible. Eddy: We have a 40+ year sterling reputation. We're owned by a New Yorker, not someone in any other country. We offer free shipping on thousands of items. Arvin: We have a 30-day no-questions-asked return policy on almost everything we sell. -- Henry Posner / B&H Photo-Video

By Henry P. [B&H Photo Video Rep]

ANy refurbished item we sell has been refurbished by the manufacturer or official US distributor, Nikon USA or Canon USA etc. Other used items are each rated on a numeric scale and we tend to be conservative so customers are not disappointed.

By mike j.

You can email henryp[at]bhphoto.com and either I will address your question or forward it to whoever here is best suited to do so.. -- Henry Posner / B&H Photo-Video

By Henry P. [B&H Photo Video Rep]

When you put an item into a shopping cart on the B&H site. after you provide the destination our site will calculate shipping fees for any available shipping vendors so you can decide which to use before processing your purchase. ^hp

By Henry P. [B&H Photo Video Rep]

Used items are listed in a separate section of our site. All of these - bhpho.to/1TQamPr - are brand new.

By Henry P. [B&H Photo Video Rep]

Online we're at www.bandh.com. Our store is 420 9th Ave in Manhattan.

By Henry P. [B&H Photo Video Rep]

Unless the US government or a manufacturer has a restriction we ship almost ecveryting we sell to Australia.

By Henry P. [B&H Photo Video Rep]

Order cutoff times for all domestic orders shipping via UPS, FedEx Economy, or FedEx Priority: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm ET Friday: 11:00am ET or 12:00pm DST Domestic orders shipping via USPS, FedEx Saver, or Truck (non-rush), received before 7:00am ET will be shipped same day Order cutoff times for White Glove next day delivery (domestic): Monday - Thursday: 2:30pm ET Friday: 11:00am ET or 12:00pm DST International orders received before 7:00am local New York time will be shipped same day.

By Henry P. [B&H Photo Video Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the B&H Photo Video staff and other customers.

13 Photos for B&H Photo Video