be2

be2 has a consumer rating of 1.49 stars from 61 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. be2 also ranks 270th among Dating sites. The most common issues with be2 are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• They try to take the money from your bank account, and if you don't pay, they are threatening you whit an retortion.
  • To cancel you have to contact them 14 days in advance or they automatically renew for 6 months at a cost of £150.
How would you rate be2?

“One of my favorite dating sites”

Tom M.
1/12/17

IMHO it is one of the best dating sites you will find and my number-two choice after Mingle2day. Seriously don't understand what everyon else is complaining about?!

“Bots and fakes! Filthy site!”

Alan B.
4/4/20

The main site I'm using for dating is http://j4Iove.com -and it's pretty good. I regret the day I decided to give another site a shot. If you are well off you don't seek better. Otherwise, you often loose your money - this is what happened to me on Be2. They make it impossible to cancel and they keep charging you! Beware!!! Customer support ignores my requests to cancel membership! I want to cancel it because there are very few, if any, real women there. Just bots and fakes...so there is no point in my search there anymore. It doesn't help to report fakes because they never get banned. I see these profiles still online, "working" with their next victim. Ignore this site guys, don't make the same mistake as I did.

bank account (5) 6 months (6) customer service (9) credit card (8) 14 days (5) premium member (4)
alanb520
April 4th, 2020
The main site I'm using for dating is
armandsg
September 15th, 2015
I joined in March 2015 for initial 3 month discounted trial period which I paid with my CC, obviously you have to agree with their Ts&Cs, fine. Well until you try to cancel it.
Site itself is ok but attracts loads of scams and there are quite a number of fake profiles which will gladly interact with you. Other sites are far better with tracking it down. Nevertheless - I soon discovered that it is not what I need, be2 are sending you 10 notifications a day but 99% are irrelevant and/or useless and not genuine.
So, I decided to use up my already paid membership and then I tried to cancel it, seemingly simple process via thei site by sending cancelation request. You think that job is done when it was not. Thinking that all was good I also instructed CC provider to cancel this reoccurring payment order, which the bank did.
My advice - do not leave the cancelation until last minute as I did and keep all such correspondence with them!!!
I am now facing debt collection agency and legal action threats as they never received my cancelation notice, so they said.

Tip for consumers: Watch out from fake profiles.
Cancel in advance before your renewal is due so if there is a problem you have enough time to deal with it.
Keep all such correspondence with be2, not the suggested partners or you have a message.
Be prepared to deal with robot at the other end. If there will be a problem-it will tell you that you are liable as per your contract with them!

albertk53
November 21st, 2018
Ive been using a few sites recently (We Just Fit being the pick of the bunch) but joined be2 last week and really liking it to boost my chances. Quite cool how many new people you can find when you try a new site with a fresh group of local people looking to date online. Its easy to join a site and have a couple of dates and then give up but you wouldnt stop eating fruit completely if you didnt like apples, so why not try a different site when your current option is not working for you?
tomm1207
January 12th, 2017
adamm428
January 16th, 2020
We help with dating sites' scams

If you are a victim of a dating site's scam we invite you to visit our website: anti-portal.com. We guarantee that with our assistance you will be able to cancel any subscription to this kind of websites, protect your personal data and get your money back. We have protected many people already, please do not hesitate to contact us.
bobr86
August 16th, 2016
Quite like be2.co.uk. Good search system and busy site. Did have a small issue and had to call customer service, was disapointed that it wasnt UK based like the other site I use (WeJustFit.com) but thats a small complaint really. Its better than most sites and not having any problems with scammers so far. Descent enough value for money.
barryo17
June 18th, 2018
Agree with others on here - a sophisticated scam. I wish I had researched these comments before parting with money.
Lots of false profiles etc... but worse than that.
They'll tempt you in with reasonable price for the first month - then, wham!
Your bank account is deducted for 100Euro or more.
To cancel they insist on a Fax to Swiss Address - who has a fax machine these days??? Grrr - feel so foolish for letting this happen.
oliverr21
February 8th, 2017
Its a 6/10 dating site for me. Not the worse out there but I prefer sites like wejustfit.com that are a tad more 'underground' and have people who know the internet better and IMHO are just more interesting
antyp1
June 12th, 2019
If you are a victim of a dating site's scam we invite you to visit our website: www.anty-portal.com. We guarantee that with our assistance you will be able to cancel any subscription to this kind of websites, protect your personal data and get your money back. We have protected many people already, please do not hesitate to contact us.
ar9750
December 28th, 2017
Constantly "matches" me with people hundreds of miles away and in a completely different age ranges to me despite me regularly checking that I have set geographical and age parameters. Customer services awful bordering on non-existent. A definite waste of money. There may be some lovely people on there - but if you have to trawl through 90 that are outside your location etc... to find the 1 who isn't, you just give up.
lisam58
December 18th, 2012
I guess I've been bit gullible about dating and got pulled into be2 after seeing their ad on telly - it was really touchy, found only this one on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lVEXzWHw04.
Anyway I registered, after few days received promo offer and took my chances. So far i'm getting only messages from visitors and no replies on messages sent by me.
Positive thing is that customer service was helpful and suggested to change my preferences as this might be a limiting factor.

be2 page seems to be working alright, no signs of delays or errors. However so far I'm not satisfied at all, if it wasn't for their agent I would give worse rating.
susannahc
January 16th, 2013
I visited be2.co.uk randomly one year ago but back then I didn't have reason to register. Now it's different. Lately I broke up with my partner and as I am older and older it's always more difficult to find a new love. So I decided to try this dating site which is rather modern but nice layout. Thanks to this site I am now in contact with many interesting men. I can't comment now on months to come, but hope to find someone to spend my days with.
nigell11
December 12th, 2012
This site is quite okayish - it's bit cheesy and maybe bit outdated. I registered at be2.co.uk a long time ago and payed for trial product. It happened about 6-7 months ago and wanted to get over my loneliness. I got some matches, started to chat with girls from close by. After week or two I found my last girlfriend there. Though our relationship didn't last long, I was very happy in it. Because I cancelled the last profile, I have to register there once again and I hope I will find someone new.
elmab2
June 29th, 2018
I've personally found out that this site is a fake, and should be closed down. I will forward my experiences to the FBI to avoid those scammers from asking women for money. How come every member on your site have a Masters, Bachelors, wife died, only one child living. This site is a disgrace
to the human race, and should be closed down. EB.
judym10
December 8th, 2012
I also had good experience with this site. Although I didn't find partner there but I had great fun with it. And what is even more, I have found many new friends to go out with or chat. I paid for 3 months subscription, followed cancellation process found on web. This site has a good content, fast, bit old-fashioned.
kirstenv
November 29th, 2012
Not bad at all. Though you have to fill in a long questionarie when you register, the results you get later is worth it.
tomr40
November 27th, 2012
I can see that there are many people who had bad experience with this site but I can't see almost anyone with good one. I had the good customer experience with be2.co.uk. I didn't think that I had to write somewhere about it, but as I know it is unfair to the site if reviews are written only by unsatisfied customers, so I decided to put reputation of this site a little bit into balance.

I joined this site one year ago because I was tired of meeting the same girls in my area. I wanted to find something different as it was around me. I filled up personality test which was first step I had to do, afterwards I got so many partner recommendations - I was really surprised and curious to get to know them all. I found out that I had to pay as almost on every site and amount I had to pay was bit higher but I tried it. After months of dating, I'm now with the best girl I've ever met. Not to forget to mention that we live together and have a fabulour relationship.

Also, cancellation aftewards was a bit hassle, but we both made it withou issues.
maried55
April 22nd, 2017
Most profiles are fraudulent. Never got an answer to my 10 plus emails asking to cancel. Also deleted profile and they re-activated it. This is the most disgusting online dating site I've every encountered... Will be leaving bad reviews wherever I can... Will have to cancel credit card. Don't waste your money and valuable time... Stay away from these fraudsters...
peterk307
November 19th, 2018
On the site you can find a lot of fake profiles. After the one test month, the price is very expensive, and to deleting it is almost impossible. They try to take the money from your bank account, and if you don't pay, they are threatening you whit an retortion. My bill is more than 100 euro, what they want, only for one month using.
karens596
May 14th, 2018
I want to actually give -0 stars. All very appealing on the outside but wait until you try to delete your profile. This review is not because I am upset about not meeting anyone, there are plenty of wonderful dating sites out there. I realised not long after I joined how incredibly difficult this site was to navigate and in terms of matches there were literally zero. When I tried to delete my account it was almost impossible to find where that was on their website and when I did it was ludicrous. There was also no contact number that worked. After sending endless emails and a letter to remove my profile I still kept getting charged. I eventually had to cancel my credit card and resort to the bank to get (some of) my money back. This website is a cover for thieves. Do yourself a favour and stay away!
joannek30
June 11th, 2018
Fake profiles: same pictures with different names. Same bio under different photo's. They say you can get a membership for 7,95 euros a month during 6 months. But the payment is 191,76 for 6 months.
krisb57
July 31st, 2017
I have really been put off by BE 2 Customer Service and I am beginning to wonder if all the online complaints and warnings are legit.

Issue 1 -Nobody really addresses one's issue. I just keep getting emails telling me someone will get back to me.

The whole process has now left me worried and suspicious about how I will be able to cancel my membership, even if I were to proceed to try out the site. On that note I would like to delete my profile.

Issue 2 - the little feedback I have received (once!) was really unsatisfactory feedback:

Issue 3 - why does it say that I am a premium member, when I am still only in the process of completing my profile?

Issue 4 - why can I not see my account details in relation to my membership?

Issue 5 - why do I not have access to going back to certain parts of my profile to change them - for example, correcting that I am male?

Issue 6 - when I complete my profile, will it automatically be anonymous, or will that only happen when I am a premium member? No one has gotten back to me about this question.

Issue 7 - your system says before I delete my profile, I should contact you if I am a premium member, how is that possible when no one gets back to me?

Kris
melissas237
October 24th, 2017
DO NOT USE THIS SITE ITS A SCAM, FAKE MATCHES, WONT REFUND ONCE YOUVE FOUND THEM OUT.WARNING WARNING WARNING
justint42
1,140 helpful votes
November 5th, 2015
Don't join this site, but if you joined already - don't upgrade your profile, otherwise you'll end up struggling to cancel recurring payments.
Once you create your account with them, you'll get dozens of emails every day and most of them aren't genuine at all.
williamf22
January 11th, 2013
As my last girlfriend was very different than me, our relationship lasted only for very short time. When I heard about personality test at be2.co.uk I thought it could be something right for me. I started to look for the most suitable partner for me. They recommended me some profiles based on the test results and after becoming premium member I started to communicate with them. One of them looked very promising, so I decided to meet her. Unfortunately I was disappointed in the end because in the end she was completely different as it was written in her profile – but that of course has nothing to do with the product.

I also tend to think that it's scaremongering. I always knew it was a scam site. I understood it when I found a worthy and authentic dating site http://J4Bride.com where I met my love, only then I realized how horrible and fraudulent Be2 was. But I didn't expect Be2 to have gone that far. They are trying to bully their users! Don't panic and don't pay them anything!

By Jack B.