Battery-center.co.uk reviews

SITE CLOSED

suzannem17
6/19/14

Wish I'd seen the previous review before purchasing from this fake firm I ordered a laptop battery from them because their website stated that all European customers would have their orders fulfilled from a London warehouse, with the promise of a Royal Mail tracking number and a 2-5 day delivery turnround.

3 days after placingthe order I received confirmation from Espow, the company hiding behind the name (incidentally, there are at least 10 other companies all apparently using the same telephone number). When pressed for th epromised tracking no. they simply told me they'd been out of stock and that the item would be sent to me from China with a 17-25 day delivery. All attempts to cancel the order on the basis that they had misled me, were brushed aside. After a few days they gave me a rtacking number, not for Royal Mail, but for an overseas firm. The number provided could not be identified by the tracking facility.

I ordered from the UK because I wante the item swiftly and without incurring Import VAT. Particularly worrying was their eventual suggestion that I may 'not have to pay the VAT'. Only if they have falsely labelled the package as a present surely!

The extended delivery projection puts them outside the Paypal claim window. I have put in my claim already on the basis that they lied about being a UK company and seem to be encouraging tax avoidance.

fib1
4/25/13

Bought a battery from these guys back at the beginning of March. Nearly 8 weeks later and it has not arrived. I've tried several times to email customer support (the only contact method they provide) but have had absolutely no response. And, yep, I've routinely checked my junk mail so there's definitely been no reply (and certainly no sign of the goods).

In the beauty of hindsight, I was rather foolish. A quick check would've showed that the website is actually registered to China, not the UK, so there is no UK contact, and the several spelling mistakes throughout the website should've been a giveaway...

Avoid anything which sends paypal payments to shuaijie liu (this is where the payment goes from the website).

Hope this stops others making the same mistake! Scam website - avoid!

Questions? Get answers from the Battery-center.co.uk staff and other customers.

Battery-center.co.uk?