Review of Balsam Hill

Tel: 1.888.552.2572
customerservice@balsamhill.com

sharons517
11/28/18

We put up our tree for the 2nd time. Found out the bottom 3rd wasn't giving "juice" to the other parts. Called. Said I'd receive a replacement in 3-5 days. Called today;told it's on backorder & I'd receive the replacement in SEPTEMBER!! Nothing they could do about it. Wouldn't you think a Christmas tree business would have plenty of spare parts available in November & December??? Never called to tell me about backorder. Said they were "sorry"! Fat lot of good that does me. You'd be better off buying a $49 tree & throwing it out after Christmas each year for all the good a "warrenty" does & would be cheaper too! Refused to give me a phone # for corporate & said their supervisors "do not get on the phones". Where can I get a job like that!!?? Customer Service & not talking to customers!!?? That probably says it all. DO NOT BUY A CHRISTMAS TREE FROM BALSAM HILL IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS!

chuckc88
11/20/18

I admit that Balsam Hill products look great. The problem comes in if you have an issue. We bought a Tree topper for our tree, Nov. 2017. We used it for one Christmas season and then packed it up in the original packaging for storage. Fast forward to Nov, 2018, when I was putting it back on the top of the tree. The weld broke. So, I called and explained. They proceeded to tell me that there was nothing that they could do. Their exact words were "these types of items are not eligible for warranty claims". They did suggest, however, that I GLUE it back together. AHHHH! I don't pay a premium for a product that has to be GLUED back together after only one season. Note that all we wanted was for them to replace the item, didn't want our money back and we were willing to send it back to them. We will never buy from Balsam Hill again. They will not stand behind their products.

lh97
11/28/17

Three weeks before Christmas, I have spent over an hour and a half on the phone today trying to get information on my multiple packages. The employees do not speak or understand good enough English to understand my problem. When we finally communicate, they do not answer the question and take no responsibility which ultimately defeats the purpose of "customer service." While this store is not the least expensive, the time and money wasted makes it the most expensive...better to pay more up front and not waste time.

denisem98
Denise M.
11/9/17

Beautiful trees, but HORRIBLE customer service. And, the bulbs go out way too soon. I have been waiting for YEARS replacement bulbs. I have been checking and I am on a list to be notified when the bulbs are in stock. Have not been in stock for all of these years. Since I've had the tree I've needed hundreds of new lights each year. I was only able to get bulbs twice. The second time they sent the bulbs they sent the Green base bulbs when I have the Denali tree--all white with clear bulbs. I ordered the white based bulbs. Now, three weeks ago I was told that the bulbs were in stock. I said I wanted to order as many as possible. I was told that I would have enough bulbs to redo the entire tree. Three weeks ago. I call today to check...NOT IN STOCK. DO NOT BUY THE DENALI TREES. The company should not continue to see the tree if it cannot provide replacement bulbs.

bcp1
11/30/16

Heads up.. if you are OK with sending multiple emails that are not answered and waiting over 40 minutes for customer service to answer only to tell you they are emailing another department to find your shipment and then having no response from that department for 3 days, THIS IS YOUR ON-LINE RETAILER! Enjoy! Cannot rate the product because it was to be here on 11.26 and now might show up 12.06. Pitiful.

joelb55
5/1/16

I ordered a tree and a wreath and I have nothing but positive feedback on their product. My experience on the service was another matter. Part of my shipment was damaged. That is not their fault, but getting it resolved was a much harder experience than it should have been. Hopefully things have improved, but check out Visitor posts on Facebook to see the latest feedback from customers. I wished I had.

susany8
11/20/13

Returns can be be difficult, make certain before you make your make your purchase.

Questions? Get answers from the Balsam Hill staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Balsam Hill