Aviva UK

Aviva UK has a consumer rating of 1 star from 1 review indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Aviva UK also ranks 38th among Home Insurance sites. The most common issues with Aviva UK are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate Aviva UK?

“Useless and overpriced”

Anton K.
4/18/16

Having been with Aviva for many years, we have been thinking they provide 5 star insurance, but we couldn't be any more wrong. Our family has got everything insured through aviva:life insurance, building and contents,multi car insurance etc. With 6 years no claims protected car insurance policy on our 2 family cars we are spending a small fortune every year to keep our minds at peace knowing we should be getting excellent services in return if we need them.Unfortunately, 4 weeks ago my wife's car was vandalized, having windscreen and mirror damage which is a minor repair to deal with.I decided to call Aviva to sort it out, thinking it should take few days to have it sorted, but I was so wrong! Car had been towed to BMW dealership where it has been waiting to get repaired. Engineer from aviva went to see it to assess the damage 2 weeks after the accident.Aviva told us that they sent instructions to repairer to have it rectified , but it took another week for instructions to be received by BMW in order to start repair.! We are still waiting to get our car back and it has been a full Month now since the accident.To put it to perspective , the actual damage is about £300 for windscreen and £100 for mirror if I was to pay for it myself and I could get it done in couple of days easily and be claim free.For instance, if you were in my situation and didn't have extras added to your insurance then you would have to pay excess fee to make a claim, which is £250 in most cases and you would need a courtesy car for a Month which is £500 for corsa , costing you £750 and you are making a claim! Quicker and cheaper option is to have it repaired yourself and not through insurance. I am just glad I paid extra to have courtesy car in my cover, otherwise I would be going insane. We are very unhappy and can't understand why it's taking forever. Thought Aviva was 5 star,but it's far from it and we will be leaving them at the end of policy in August, because simple damage which would have been repaired very quickly elsewhere is taking forever to do. I can't even bear to think that if someone died in our family and we had to make a claim through life insurance policy.Things would probably not be as people would expect from 5 star company and we are very likely going to move all our policies somewhere else, because we are not getting value for our money at all! I would not recommend Aviva to anyone, because you are paying premium, but when you need to make a claim it can't get much more stressful than this and you are not getting services you pay for.

antonk27
April 18th, 2016

Questions? Get answers from the Aviva UK staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aviva UK?

Have a question about Aviva UK?