autoTRADER.ca

autoTRADER.ca has a consumer rating of 1.7 stars from 10 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. autoTRADER.ca ranks 107th among Used Cars sites.

How would you rate autoTRADER.ca?

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA”

Ando P.
1/6/20

A super fun website to use when you're looking for cars for the future! It is designed super well, and very easy to use. The prices on this website are pretty average, but thankfully the site tells me if anything is a bad deal.

“Zero customer support and general carelessness”

Nick G.
8/20/20

I have tried to post my ad about my car several times through several devices using several different browsers, yet the process always ran into the same website glitch, an eternal spinning sign of "in process". NO ONE from autotrader gets back to me with a solution and a phone call is not possible. What kind of service is this? They don't deserve any clients, I recommend avoiding them. (just for the record, I'm not web illiterate, I used to be a web developer and am an engineer)

nickg445
August 20th, 2020

They don't deserve any clients, I recommend avoiding them.

peters1946
September 28th, 2021

I wrote so many on auto trader, nobody gets back to you. Not worth it. Very disappointed. Better to look at Facebook Market Place

thanosl
May 27th, 2021

They offer such a small offer for your vehicle, honestly a waste of time to even fill out the form.

Tried putting in my car too see the worth of it, and they offered $1,700 base for my vehicle, of course the options added another $1,300 to the price. But that is still $3,000 offer on a car that's worth more than $7,000. Good luck getting that car from a dealership for less than $10,000.

Absolute robbery and I honestly feel sorry for the fools that actually accept that instant cash offer, real chumps.

Tip for consumers:
DO NOT USE INSTANT CASH FEATURE.

They give you nowhere near where your car is actually worth. Avoid it like the plague, be patient and sell your car to someone else.

Products used:
The robbery called instant cash. No way I am selling my car for that chump change.

gerardd61
May 19th, 2020

I paid $29.95 for Basic package to promote the sale of my vehicle as a "Priority Listing". My vehicle was initially published on page 5 (25 vehicles per page), two days later it was on page 7. I used their Contact Us form to voice my concern. 2 days later still no response. I used it again to requested a refund. Still no response. There is no phone contact. If you call their head office they will tell you this is for dealers only and you have to use the online form. If this company was worth your money, they'd at least have a customer service process. Also, this site is fully consumed by dealers, with the 'private seller' ad looking more like a scammer, almost like a warning.

lanceb168
August 23rd, 2021

This site sucks period
I tryed to upload my ad and it says iam offline so try and reload and i get the standard please wait 30 minutes BS
There is no one to call which is never a good thing just fill out a form and send us an email
Which they never answer
Same old story the they dont give a S@#T about you or your car just buy more crap for your ad online
DO NOT USE THIS SITE

PLease Dont

Online auto ad

harinderg
November 25th, 2011

Good layout and choices to narrow down your search. As always buyer beware!

johnb5211
July 22nd, 2020

Do not waste your time trying to contact Auto trader after you have paid for an ad. THEY NEVER GET BACK TO YOU. I HAVE WAITED OVER A WEEK AND STILL NO REPONSE. THEY WILL SEND AUTO REPLY WITH CASE NUMBER AND NOBODY EVER FOLLOWS UP OR CONTACTS YOU.
No one answers the phone numbers on line some numbers do not receive incoming calls eithier

jonathonm50
July 16th, 2020

Posted and paid for an ad 2 weeks ago. Wanted to upload photos and edit the info in the ad, but i get an error and it won't save. I contacted autotrader 6 times by submitting through the system on the website, but never got an answer. I called the head office and they wouldn't talk about the service. I called the service area that deals with commercial clients and they can not help me, however they did confirm that they received 6 support requests. Still unresolved and my long weekend window for selling through autotrader has passed and i have been flooded with requests for information about my boat. All the questions are information i would put in the add, but i can't.

Tip for consumers:
do not expect rely on any help from the folks at autotrader canada, they don't care about the average Joe customer. Oddly it is the average Joe customer that makes their business model work. If i could give less stars I would, I work in the computer industry and i can't imagine a more poorly run service department, and unbelievable indifference from staff. Based on the staff reaction this must be the worst place to work for and a waste of what was one a solid brand.

Products used:
paid advertisement for my boat

paulc124
January 10th, 2015

DONT EVEN BOTHER THIS COMPANY UNTIL JAN 12 2015 IF YOUR A DEALER WITH ADS TO POST AS THIER WHOLE SALES DEPARTMENT IS AWAY AT CONFRENCE, I HAVE THIER E-MAIL TELLING ME TO CALL BACK MONDAY JAN 12 2015 IF ANY BODY DOSENT BELIEVE THIS AS I WOULD NOT BELIEVE IT EITHER, FRUSTRATED DEALER, TORONTO

andop
January 6th, 2020

Tip for consumers:
Check out the dealer before buying.

A Kia Optima.

In my experience it is impossible to have a meaningful conversation with them. An absolutely useless bunch.

By Nick G.