autoTRADER.ca

autoTRADER.ca has a consumer rating of 2 stars from 7 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. autoTRADER.ca ranks 100th among Used Cars sites.

How would you rate autoTRADER.ca?

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA”

Ando P.
1/6/20

A super fun website to use when you're looking for cars for the future! It is designed super well, and very easy to use. The prices on this website are pretty average, but thankfully the site tells me if anything is a bad deal.

“Zero customer support and general carelessness”

Nick G.
8/20/20

I have tried to post my ad about my car several times through several devices using several different browsers, yet the process always ran into the same website glitch, an eternal spinning sign of "in process". NO ONE from autotrader gets back to me with a solution and a phone call is not possible. What kind of service is this? They don't deserve any clients, I recommend avoiding them. (just for the record, I'm not web illiterate, I used to be a web developer and am an engineer)

nickg445
August 20th, 2020

They don't deserve any clients, I recommend avoiding them.

andop
January 6th, 2020

Tip for consumers:
Check out the dealer before buying.

Products used:
A Kia Optima.

gerardd61
May 19th, 2020

I paid $29.95 for Basic package to promote the sale of my vehicle as a "Priority Listing". My vehicle was initially published on page 5 (25 vehicles per page), two days later it was on page 7. I used their Contact Us form to voice my concern. 2 days later still no response. I used it again to requested a refund. Still no response. There is no phone contact. If you call their head office they will tell you this is for dealers only and you have to use the online form. If this company was worth your money, they'd at least have a customer service process. Also, this site is fully consumed by dealers, with the 'private seller' ad looking more like a scammer, almost like a warning.

harinderg
November 25th, 2011

Good layout and choices to narrow down your search. As always buyer beware!

johnb5211
July 22nd, 2020

Do not waste your time trying to contact Auto trader after you have paid for an ad. THEY NEVER GET BACK TO YOU. I HAVE WAITED OVER A WEEK AND STILL NO REPONSE. THEY WILL SEND AUTO REPLY WITH CASE NUMBER AND NOBODY EVER FOLLOWS UP OR CONTACTS YOU.
No one answers the phone numbers on line some numbers do not receive incoming calls eithier

jonathonm50
July 16th, 2020

Posted and paid for an ad 2 weeks ago. Wanted to upload photos and edit the info in the ad, but i get an error and it won't save. I contacted autotrader 6 times by submitting through the system on the website, but never got an answer. I called the head office and they wouldn't talk about the service. I called the service area that deals with commercial clients and they can not help me, however they did confirm that they received 6 support requests. Still unresolved and my long weekend window for selling through autotrader has passed and i have been flooded with requests for information about my boat. All the questions are information i would put in the add, but i can't.

Tip for consumers:
do not expect rely on any help from the folks at autotrader canada, they don't care about the average Joe customer. Oddly it is the average Joe customer that makes their business model work. If i could give less stars I would, I work in the computer industry and i can't imagine a more poorly run service department, and unbelievable indifference from staff. Based on the staff reaction this must be the worst place to work for and a waste of what was one a solid brand.

Products used:
paid advertisement for my boat

paulc124
January 10th, 2015

DONT EVEN BOTHER THIS COMPANY UNTIL JAN 12 2015 IF YOUR A DEALER WITH ADS TO POST AS THIER WHOLE SALES DEPARTMENT IS AWAY AT CONFRENCE, I HAVE THIER E-MAIL TELLING ME TO CALL BACK MONDAY JAN 12 2015 IF ANY BODY DOSENT BELIEVE THIS AS I WOULD NOT BELIEVE IT EITHER, FRUSTRATED DEALER, TORONTO

In my experience it is impossible to have a meaningful conversation with them. An absolutely useless bunch.

By Nick G.