Review of AshleyMadison

Toronto, ON M4R 1K8, Canada
Tel: 866-742-2218

parallaxw
5/7/19

The site is nothing more than a money pit. To communicate between two members, BOTH members have to spend 50 plus dollars in order to read what is sent and received. Listen to the 1 star reviews and stay away from his money pit of a site. The site algorithm picks random users and acts like they viewed your profile or sent you a message which is only a plot to get you to spend a lot of money for nothing. This is a false site with no chance of meeting anyone.

davidb2169
5/4/19

I've given this a good shot and been comparing it to other main online affairs sites like nostringsaffair.com. It falls short of that site, which simply has more women. But it is also better than some of the complete time wasting sites ive tried out too. From my research its clear that a lot will depend on where you live, US and Euro cities tend to be fine but other places just dont have the women. But a part from that the site works fine and the app is decent. Just dont tell the wife!

jamesa643
4/24/19

All well known affair sites like Ashleymadison, Saphrina, or whatever ain't that bad at all. Only problem is that you will usually have a pretty bad male-female-ratio. Only the very best profile wins. They are still worth checking out though, especially Ashleymadison still has many members. If you ain't lucky also check out fwb sites like Casualsexonly. Works pretty well if you are straight and honest in your profile. Hope that helps.

jerryf121
4/1/19

New member only a few days and I have not been happy so far. I am an attractive guy and have written up a very appealing profile yet there has not been any response to me putting myself out there to some of these women. I am starting to think that at least many of these profiles are fake or old and out of date. It is also very expensive to contact these women and to be honest lots of these women are fat, spoiled selfish divas or skinny girls on drugs. Customer service seems to be plugged with cob webs and I can't get through. I am really wondering who is on the other end of this service. They seem to be taking advantage of males with little if anything to offer.

jamess1660
3/26/19

So let me tell you my story.

I have been married over 42 years at this point in time, love my wife, but decided I wanted a bit more excitement. My first stepping out was about 15 years ago when I was close to retiring. I met a gal online. I signed up, had a fling with her for 15 years. We met infrequently over the years to hike and have sex outdoors. Then 2 years ago I met a young college gal online who wanted money for college. We met a couple times, I gave her a bit of money and we kissed once in a park. I never saw her after that cause I felt like she just wanted my money. I knew a young gal who liked the outdoors and tried to get her to go backpacking with me. That trip fell through when my wife found out about my plans hiking with her. Inviting her not only hurt my wife, it also hurt a friendship I had with my hiking buddy who was going on that trip and didn't know I had also invited a woman. He wanted it to be just he and I. I lost his respect. I also met a girl online a few years ago and carried on a friendship with her for 2 years. I backpacked with her on one occasion. While no sex was involved, this encounter was also hurtful to my wife because I was having a relationship with a woman outside our marriage, even it it wasn't sexual, and I lied to my wife saying I was hiking alone. Most recently I tried to arrange a trip with a gal 40 years my junior, to another city. I was willing to pay her airfare & entertainment. I asked if we could sleep together. Then she asked for more money. I never thought that paying for someone to meet me like this is probably prostitution and since I don't know the person at all, I suppose it would also be possible that someone else could be controlling her and taking any money from her from an encounter like this. Certainly not a good situation.

Eventually my wife knew something was up and I was found out about my long term affair and the other gals. Yes, I am still married because I care very much for my wife and want this never to happen again. She is a much better person than I. Was it worth the excitement? No its was not. I should have talked to my wife and opened up communications channels better than I did and had that exciting time with her. So I am working on opening up with her more than I did in the past, hoping every day that she will accept me back. My wife made me get tested for STDs. Turns out having that sexual affair caused genital warts.

I have always been a very independent person. From the time I was a young kid, I did my own thing. Getting married I did not realize how important it was to share everything, including my deepest thoughts about everything with the one person I promised to share everything with. But my independence was a problem. I did not realize, I just didn't understand that independence is not a one size fits all process. And I also did not understand that in a marriage there is give and take from everyone. Not everyone is as independent as I am. That doesn't make them wrong, me right, and in a marriage, both people have valid thoughts and should be heard. I was too selfish to consider my wife's feelings and how my choices would impact her.

Why would I do this? To regain my youth? Because I was only thinking of me? For a thrill? To escape the stresses of life? Probably all of those. I certainly enjoy life and want to enjoy life for the rest of my life. And yes, doing this was certainly not thinking of my wife's desires and plans for life. I got sidetracked and am glad my wife is as smart as she was to know how to look and find out what I was trying to hide from her. I am grateful that I was discovered, though I feel awful and foolish, because I was headed down a very dangerous and destructive path. I am fortunate that my wife is helping me. She is angry and extremely hurt, but I will work hard on getting back on track and think of her, and only her. It's terrible that having to hurt my wife so deeply was the way for me to get my wakeup call. I should have listened to my wife when she reached out to me and I shouldn't have been so arrogant to ignore her and do my own thing.

johnb2465
3/26/19

Not a bad way to spend the commute to work, chatting to married women about getting together for fun. Works fine for me when I spend time on it. A bit like nostringsaffair.com, reliable and good numbers. 7 outta 10

johang18
3/23/19

You are married, kids, and successful career.
By putting your profile at AM, you are basically bare naked in public waiting for being taken advantage of. What would bad people would do? If you don't know the answer to this question, you are just miserable fools. AM is sea of shark looking for innocent Joe who is gambling his life for one night sex. Never give your real picture, real name, real phone number. Get a monger phone if you need. You might lose entire social life, marriage, kids, reputation at one single blow by these fake people. Get threatened after sharing all of your real info with someone sitting behind the monitor who is not hot sexy blonde.

betat
3/18/19

Not worth it. Save your money. Just go to a local swingers or sex club. You get more bang for the buck. Seriously.

These women on AM are pretentious, fake and gold diggers.

rahatk2
2/8/19

None of the id's are real. They only push you to buy credit and send msg. minimum use is 5 credit par msg. Why the hell you created a '5 credit' base?! My Ad Profile Number:63648122

peterm599
1/23/19

Every1 looking for an affair should try this one. Prob just second to nostringsaffair.com in terms of success rate & speed. Very good option for the people that know a good casual affairs site when they see one.

robertm624
1/18/19

AshleyMadison fakes profiles, and responses to unwary members. And then came the demand for money (blackmail) warning me that the hacker had the power to destroy my life. I would not recommend this outfit to my worst enemy.

charlesk195
1/15/19

I am no longer active on AM but I was in the past. It is one of the best affair websites. I also know for a fact that you can meet women through good hookup sites like Casualsexonly and AFF. Had a couple of dates through those sites as well. But it is always the same story: Keep in mind that women get hunreds of messages so they can be very picky about responding. They are very upfront about what they want but they still expect to be treated as ladies!

joes1028
1/8/19

Wanted to try this site out, it's partially legit, but mainly a scam. They send you messages saying they are from a user, these are canned messages that are not from a real person, their system sends out these messages. Was able to chat with a couple women, out of 100 a few are real, and these ladies were expensive sugar babies. Most profiles are bogus, and most the negative reviews here are true.

todda62
12/28/18

Like most sites of this type once you join you have to purchase credits to communicate with anyone, ie, read messages, view pics and or respond to messages.
My experience was that all communications from people on this site were setup to get you to purchase credits, because you cannot read messages unless less you have credits, then they continue to send you messages to get you to use up your credits.
I am not sure if the pics and profiles are real or fake but I don't think it matters as the soul purpose is to create an environment to legally take your money.
It was kind of funny that I would get messages from someone on the other side of the US, the profiles did not even have a pic, saying they were interested in me. Kind of tells me it is a poorly designed algorithm.
I would advise to stay away from this site.

adams508
12/10/18

Quite a few tarty slappers n hot wives on here to ogle, no doubt lolz! Im meeting up with one on thurs so hoping ill be in ball deep by the end of the week. My strategy is to use nostringsaffair.com together with Ash Mad + put some effort into that shizzle. It's the only way, bros! And keep the missus away from the laptop ha!

nickw149
12/7/18

Works just fine if you are persistent and invest time and patience in a decent looking profile. AM never really disappointed me but it won't hurt to check out smaller sites like MysecretAffairs as well. However, if you are from a rural area AM is pretty much the only option for you. Just my opinion though.

alligatorb
12/5/18

Ashley Madison about 90% of the profiles are fake and rest 10% hook ups are possible but with hookers charging you around £200, be ware it is all fake, you will end up loosing loads of money as the credits are manipulated to clear as soon possible. Better off connecting for free at Badoo.com

timt19
Tim T.
12/2/18

First, I'm an older married guy. In great shape, not so bad to look at, No hunk either. So I'm torn, give it a 1 for the many fakes, give it a 5 for the 4 ladies I've laid, including 1 one night stand with 4 hours notice. Guys outnumber girls, obviously. I've tried other sites and have also scored on miss travel, POF, and badoo, I've had my longest lasting fling from POF, 10 years and counting. And a gal I met on badoo saw me every time I visited her city for 8 years. It takes lots of credits to message lots of girls to weed through the fakes. Is it worth the money? NO, every guy should stay away. I will gladly meet every one of the real women on here instead of competing with you.

joeb583
11/23/18

Suspected profiles were fake so I blitzed about 20 "women" in "my area" to see if they were fake.Blew threw my entire basic membership "fee" for the month in less than 1 day sending messages that ate up my credits.What a scam.Got back generic messages that were all the same.
I did get back one brief reply of 2 words from a profile that was supposedly in my town at 10:30 pm....however the time date stamp on their reply email was for 3:30 am the next day!
Hilarious,apparently the scammer was in Europe someplace!

joshr124
11/19/18

Be careful. Here is some boilerplate I recommend.

****DIRE WARNING TO ASHLEY MADISON SCAMMERS**** I am a sweet, gentle man :) :)..............BUT BE WARNED: I am not a mark. I cannot be outed. I will not be ripped off. I won't be entrapped. I am smart, experienced, cautious, and I have a nasty lawyer who will eat your liver. You will not scam me. Do we understand each other? Do we? I won't click on fishy links you send me to 'authenticate me' and steal my identity and money. Move ON, I urge you - to the dimwitted, naive marks - the sex-starved, desperate idiots who think with their groins. I AM NOT ONE OF THEM. This is your warning. If you try anything on me that is illegal, in the name of all that is holy, I will prosecute you from here to the Kuiper Belt and back, and I will sue you in the State of Texas or wherever you are. If it crosses state lines......oh dear 'ladies'.....then $#*! gets REAL. I will get the FBI involved. You don't want a federal wire fraud charge snowflakes. Do not trifle with me, scammers. It is a bad play for you today and for many tomorrows. Thank you! I wish you the worst of luck in what you do :) COMMUNICATION ENDED*****

larryt127
11/16/18

Tons of FAKE profiles. I did have a 47 yr old, 175 pound hooker ask me for $300.00 for an hour!!! Lots of profiles with NO pic. The site is advertised as a site where you can hook up, but how can you hook up if there is no pic to look at? I say give MATCH.com a try. Every profile has a pic. I would also be very concerned about any review on here that claims AM is a GREAT site, they were probably put on here by AM! lol Stay away and save your cash!!!

tamarar53
11/15/18

I have been on Ashley Madison for a few months. I find the site very easy to create and edit my profile. I also find the site very easy to read my messages, search and read other profiles. Obviously, there are fake women accounts but I just wanted to let people know that there are also very real accounts, I'm one of them. I have met a couple of men who are looking for what I am looking for. There is no right or wrong when it comes to why you join Ashley Madison but that's the adventure. Whoever said finding the "one" is easy and fast? It's even harder to when it comes to an affair. Good Luck in your search :)

johnr1251
11/7/18

Save your money and try a different site. After a year on this site, 99% are scammers and the few that are real are so deluged with invites it just isn't worth it. I had several major league scammers that appeared nice at first, then one told me she needed to borrow $1.7M to get her dad's $18M inheritance out of the UK - as she needed to post taxes to get the money released. Well, any idiot knows that isn't how taxes work, they withhold the money, you don't have to post. Then there was a girl who claimed she worked in importing gems (diamonds etc.) and sent me a desperation email as she was detained in customs and was in jail all on a huge misunderstanding, she just needed me to send her $8,500. RIGHT - she is in jail, but has e-mail access and the best source of bail money was a guy she never even met. Give me a break.

Then, when I blocked the TS ones (they offer a "Block this user" link) they still come up anyway over and over again on all searches.

So in my opinion, the site is worthless. It is a scam that lists a bunch of fake pictures and users. Save your money and try another site, ANY other site.

stevieb15
11/3/18

I'm a 50-something guy who was looking for some side action - just like everyone else on AM. Was on AM for over 6 months. There seemed to be few real women so I created a fake female profile - same age range, "attached" status, location, etc - to find out what I was up against. The results? I counted 208 "attached" guys on AM in my age range and location vs 10 "attached" women within my 50 mile radius . Do the math. You'll have better odds standing by the cukes in your grocery store's produce section.

billr225
10/31/18

do not waste your time or money!!!!!!!! period they are all too ready to charge your card. had several "women" reach out to me after they read my profile. Responded very respectfully and classy and answered all their questions and asked about them and NEVER heard back from one! REALLY??? Why? Ill let you answer. Like i said you will have better luck at a bar where the women are at least real.

142 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Chris, Victor is right about everything he says. I've been on AM for about 7 years now, don't spend your hard earned money on anything except credits and even then be very careful who you spend them on. Flirts are free so send them out generously. Then when you receive a message from a gal first check to see that she even looked at your profile because if she didn't you're probably wasting your money to answer their message. Be sure to have a profile that sounds fun and interesting with current but flattering photos of yourself, your face not your $#*!. Be real. I think it's best to say you're looking for a "long-term relationship" even if you don't really care because believe it or not most women don't want a "one nighter." I've tried many sites and AM is the only one I've had any decent success with while being honest that I am married... other sites I get the cold shoulder or hate mail for being "married." Once you've made contact with a lady the rest of correspondence with that person is free so spark their interest, appeal to their mind and wit. These women get hundreds of hits daily so when you get a bite, tug gently, be patient, and don't even mention sex much until after you meet them in person. Be confident, warm, friendly, and flattering in a non-sexual way. And if they stop corresponding just leave them alone and don't harrass them, they may come back to you later when their ready. Just move on. A lot of these women are new at this and scared, feeling very guilty, and are afraid to make the first step. Your job is to ease their fears so they will eventually take the first step and meet with you in a public place of their choosing. And if you find someone you like stop fishing for other women, they will actually check on AM to see if you're still looking around. Almost every woman wants to be your one and only so assure them that they are. Hope this helps.

By A R.

Kind of expensive because they charge by credits. there are cheaper solutions (vm, saphrina, some aff sites)....

By Peter L.

Cops are looking for lawbreaking. It is not illegal to look for an affair.

By Patricia H.

Well, basically you purchase credits and you spend them every time you message someone...

By Peter L.

This site is free for women, which i believe is a big problem. That is why many "professionals" join and try to make you join other sites, cam sites, etc. On sites like vm, saphrina, etc women usually pay as well which is good for the quality of the female profiles. But i guess if you are a woman you should rather join AM.

By Peter L.

I've come to the realization since my first SiteJabber post, that Ashley Madison is at best 99% scammer's and 1% real chicks. That being said, their rates are ludicrous. You would have to spend a lot of money to find that real 1% and even if money is no issue to you, the amount of time to weed through the 99% is a full time job. I would not recommend this site....if possible, I would give it zero stars....why is it that site jabber doesn't allow zero stars??

By Simon H.

Unsure as well

Visit their site?!

By Peter L.

Be aware you will be charged $20 to cancel your profile and delete your account. Also make sure you aren't signed up for auto renew.

By ken k.

If it walks like a duck, and sounds like a duck what is it? Going to church has gotten people laid more than Ashley Madison.

By John D.
Questions? Get answers from the AshleyMadison staff and other customers.

AshleyMadison?