Review of AshleyMadison

Toronto, ON M4R 1K8, Canada
Tel: 866-742-2218

betat
3/18/19

Not worth it. Save your money. Just go to a local swingers or sex club. You get more bang for the buck. Seriously.

These women on AM are pretentious, fake and gold diggers.

rahatk2
2/8/19

None of the id's are real. They only push you to buy credit and send msg. minimum use is 5 credit par msg. Why the hell you created a '5 credit' base?! My Ad Profile Number:63648122

peterm599
1/23/19

Every1 looking for an affair should try this one. Prob just second to nostringsaffair.com in terms of success rate & speed. Very good option for the people that know a good casual affairs site when they see one.

robertm624
1/18/19

AshleyMadison fakes profiles, and responses to unwary members. And then came the demand for money (blackmail) warning me that the hacker had the power to destroy my life. I would not recommend this outfit to my worst enemy.

charlesk195
1/15/19

I am no longer active on AM but I was in the past. It is one of the best affair websites. I also know for a fact that you can meet women through good hookup sites like Casualsexonly and AFF. Had a couple of dates through those sites as well. But it is always the same story: Keep in mind that women get hunreds of messages so they can be very picky about responding. They are very upfront about what they want but they still expect to be treated as ladies!

joes1028
1/8/19

Wanted to try this site out, it's partially legit, but mainly a scam. They send you messages saying they are from a user, these are canned messages that are not from a real person, their system sends out these messages. Was able to chat with a couple women, out of 100 a few are real, and these ladies were expensive sugar babies. Most profiles are bogus, and most the negative reviews here are true.

todda62
12/28/18

Like most sites of this type once you join you have to purchase credits to communicate with anyone, ie, read messages, view pics and or respond to messages.
My experience was that all communications from people on this site were setup to get you to purchase credits, because you cannot read messages unless less you have credits, then they continue to send you messages to get you to use up your credits.
I am not sure if the pics and profiles are real or fake but I don't think it matters as the soul purpose is to create an environment to legally take your money.
It was kind of funny that I would get messages from someone on the other side of the US, the profiles did not even have a pic, saying they were interested in me. Kind of tells me it is a poorly designed algorithm.
I would advise to stay away from this site.

adams508
12/10/18

Quite a few tarty slappers n hot wives on here to ogle, no doubt lolz! Im meeting up with one on thurs so hoping ill be in ball deep by the end of the week. My strategy is to use nostringsaffair.com together with Ash Mad + put some effort into that shizzle. It's the only way, bros! And keep the missus away from the laptop ha!

nickw149
12/7/18

Works just fine if you are persistent and invest time and patience in a decent looking profile. AM never really disappointed me but it won't hurt to check out smaller sites like MysecretAffairs as well. However, if you are from a rural area AM is pretty much the only option for you. Just my opinion though.

alligatorb
12/5/18

Ashley Madison about 90% of the profiles are fake and rest 10% hook ups are possible but with hookers charging you around £200, be ware it is all fake, you will end up loosing loads of money as the credits are manipulated to clear as soon possible. Better off connecting for free at Badoo.com

timt19
Tim T.
12/2/18

First, I'm an older married guy. In great shape, not so bad to look at, No hunk either. So I'm torn, give it a 1 for the many fakes, give it a 5 for the 4 ladies I've laid, including 1 one night stand with 4 hours notice. Guys outnumber girls, obviously. I've tried other sites and have also scored on miss travel, POF, and badoo, I've had my longest lasting fling from POF, 10 years and counting. And a gal I met on badoo saw me every time I visited her city for 8 years. It takes lots of credits to message lots of girls to weed through the fakes. Is it worth the money? NO, every guy should stay away. I will gladly meet every one of the real women on here instead of competing with you.

joeb583
11/23/18

Suspected profiles were fake so I blitzed about 20 "women" in "my area" to see if they were fake.Blew threw my entire basic membership "fee" for the month in less than 1 day sending messages that ate up my credits.What a scam.Got back generic messages that were all the same.
I did get back one brief reply of 2 words from a profile that was supposedly in my town at 10:30 pm....however the time date stamp on their reply email was for 3:30 am the next day!
Hilarious,apparently the scammer was in Europe someplace!

joshr124
11/19/18

Be careful. Here is some boilerplate I recommend.

****DIRE WARNING TO ASHLEY MADISON SCAMMERS**** I am a sweet, gentle man :) :)..............BUT BE WARNED: I am not a mark. I cannot be outed. I will not be ripped off. I won't be entrapped. I am smart, experienced, cautious, and I have a nasty lawyer who will eat your liver. You will not scam me. Do we understand each other? Do we? I won't click on fishy links you send me to 'authenticate me' and steal my identity and money. Move ON, I urge you - to the dimwitted, naive marks - the sex-starved, desperate idiots who think with their groins. I AM NOT ONE OF THEM. This is your warning. If you try anything on me that is illegal, in the name of all that is holy, I will prosecute you from here to the Kuiper Belt and back, and I will sue you in the State of Texas or wherever you are. If it crosses state lines......oh dear 'ladies'.....then $#*! gets REAL. I will get the FBI involved. You don't want a federal wire fraud charge snowflakes. Do not trifle with me, scammers. It is a bad play for you today and for many tomorrows. Thank you! I wish you the worst of luck in what you do :) COMMUNICATION ENDED*****

larryt127
11/16/18

Tons of FAKE profiles. I did have a 47 yr old, 175 pound hooker ask me for $300.00 for an hour!!! Lots of profiles with NO pic. The site is advertised as a site where you can hook up, but how can you hook up if there is no pic to look at? I say give MATCH.com a try. Every profile has a pic. I would also be very concerned about any review on here that claims AM is a GREAT site, they were probably put on here by AM! lol Stay away and save your cash!!!

tamarar53
11/15/18

I have been on Ashley Madison for a few months. I find the site very easy to create and edit my profile. I also find the site very easy to read my messages, search and read other profiles. Obviously, there are fake women accounts but I just wanted to let people know that there are also very real accounts, I'm one of them. I have met a couple of men who are looking for what I am looking for. There is no right or wrong when it comes to why you join Ashley Madison but that's the adventure. Whoever said finding the "one" is easy and fast? It's even harder to when it comes to an affair. Good Luck in your search :)

johnr1251
11/7/18

Save your money and try a different site. After a year on this site, 99% are scammers and the few that are real are so deluged with invites it just isn't worth it. I had several major league scammers that appeared nice at first, then one told me she needed to borrow $1.7M to get her dad's $18M inheritance out of the UK - as she needed to post taxes to get the money released. Well, any idiot knows that isn't how taxes work, they withhold the money, you don't have to post. Then there was a girl who claimed she worked in importing gems (diamonds etc.) and sent me a desperation email as she was detained in customs and was in jail all on a huge misunderstanding, she just needed me to send her $8,500. RIGHT - she is in jail, but has e-mail access and the best source of bail money was a guy she never even met. Give me a break.

Then, when I blocked the TS ones (they offer a "Block this user" link) they still come up anyway over and over again on all searches.

So in my opinion, the site is worthless. It is a scam that lists a bunch of fake pictures and users. Save your money and try another site, ANY other site.

stevieb15
11/3/18

I'm a 50-something guy who was looking for some side action - just like everyone else on AM. Was on AM for over 6 months. There seemed to be few real women so I created a fake female profile - same age range, "attached" status, location, etc - to find out what I was up against. The results? I counted 208 "attached" guys on AM in my age range and location vs 10 "attached" women within my 50 mile radius . Do the math. You'll have better odds standing by the cukes in your grocery store's produce section.

billr225
10/31/18

do not waste your time or money!!!!!!!! period they are all too ready to charge your card. had several "women" reach out to me after they read my profile. Responded very respectfully and classy and answered all their questions and asked about them and NEVER heard back from one! REALLY??? Why? Ill let you answer. Like i said you will have better luck at a bar where the women are at least real.

adams467
10/18/18

As a newcomer to the world of infidelity dating sites, I'm trying a few for a month each and then ill decide which 1 if any I want to stay a member of. So far ive only tried one other site called nostringsaffair.com and rated it at 9/10.

jamesb1288
10/11/18

I've been using Ashleymadison a on and off over the past few years and met with different women every time I used it. Some profiles are fake but there are also real women. The best advice I can giye to y'all: Spend time reading their profiles and tailor your messages to them. Be realistic, be honest, be patient. It is a good site. If you were not lucky, you may also want to consider to use more than one site at a time. Mysecretaffairs is much smaller but has a very active member base. It is an option to consider. BTW, I was never lucky using dating apps. Hope that helps.

ripv
9/19/18

Just a total rip off !!! $0.49 to buy 1 credit. But, you have to select one of their packages. Now a 200 point package seems to be the cheapest for a quick look. Fake profiles, Fake messages, hidden traps to lure even more points out of you. When I sent a message it cost me $3.43 US to send the messages. Then if you don't see send priority clicked on, they take even more credits. I have yet to have any email responded to by a real person it is a generic email. Nothing here but a path from wealth to poverty!! Just Say No

al161
9/8/18

Your inbox will be flooded of enticing messages such as:

TransRVA could be the answer to your fantasies. You should send her a message and start flirting.

There are no real messages from any woman, these are all 100% computer generated and intended to charge you $5 for every message that you reply, or more if your "by default on" Priority is active.

Also if you pay attention, these woman are online 24x7x365, that is ridiculous. AM is well known for these unethical practices. Stay away from it.

daves482
8/29/18

I'm a 70-year old married man and spent around three-months on AM. At first I was bombarded by young women from all around the country, running various scams and plots. I just ignored those and focused on searching in my area.

At first, I looked for women 50 and older and actually connected with two that are fifty and seemed genuinely interested in me. One turned out to be about hundred pounds heavier than her Profile shots and a few years older. I spent a coffee on her. Another started showing signs of being a control freak, as we corresponded over about three-weeks, without actually meeting. I got out of that with only an expenditure of time. The AM messaging made it safe and easy for both of us.

I settled into a routine of looking for women 60 and above that had signed up with AM recently. They have a filter for that. I would check in the morning and evening. For security reasons, many real women do NOT show a Profile picture and don't answer questions like "Do you like oral sex". Instead they'll say they're interested in "Whatever Excites Me." My now-girl friend's profile was like that.

I saw my girlfriend within the first hour that she signed onto AM. You have to write a really good introduction to get to first base. I talked about understanding her need to be discreet, but that her limited Profile kept me from evaluating our potential as a match. I asked if she would look at my Profile and let me know. I said that the Profile was as complete and honest as I knew how to make it and that my picture was very recent and accurate.

I talked about how important it was that I respect and protect her privacy and volunteered that we could communicate through AM to get safely started. I talked about it being humbling to go on AM to seek a partner, but that we were both there for similar reasons and I would respect her.

Asking them to look at your Profile is important. Once she responded, I was quick to share my social media profile. I said that it was up to the man to go first, since the woman is more at risk for stalkers and other types of sick perverts. She was quickly sharing equally and we went off AM and used Signal for private, encrypted communications. A couple of months in and several incredible dates and Signal is still our main form of communication.

So, I was on AM for three-months. My girlfriend joined on a Tuesday night, I connected with her that night, ALONG WITH 15 OTHER GUYS. We had a lunch date by that Friday and booked a hotel room for the next Saturday. Our sexual relationship is through the roof good and we're already setting 4-hours sessions going out three-months. We're lucky enough to actually fit a four-day trip together, coming next month.

Are there real women on AM? Hell yes, I connected with three and landed an incredible partner. We're both extremely happy. Do the men greatly outnumber the men? Hell yes. I figure it's around 15 or 20-to-1, so you've really got to be on your game. My girl friend had a couple of other lunch dates and she says that the guys really screwed up by talking about their work and families, etc. Wake up, this is AM and she's already said that she's looking for a sex partner. Talk about how cute or sexy she is and how lucky you feel to meet such an attractive woman. Talk about times that you can get away with her in privacy. Confirm that your situations match. (Both married, etc.) Reaffirm that being discreet is an absolute and that this relationship will be important, but secondary to those already existing. You don't have much time and you WILL NOT get a second shot. Bring your A-game. Spring for a nice place and act like you've been there before.

Remember, she's gone on AM and basically said that she's looking for a sex partner. Most of the women on AM are going to have high sex drives, like us, so don't pussyfoot around like it's a first date with someone that you met at church. Be respectful, courteous, etc., but you're there to decide if you're going to book a hotel room. My girl says that her other suitors screwed this up royally.

Oh, something else about that qualifying date, TOUCH HER. If it's only touching fingers or holding hands a bit, show that you're physically attracted. In my case, someone that I knew from church was at the very next table! We could only touch fingers, but I said that I wished that we could do more. Also, I said that I wanted to walk her to her car and steal a kiss. She says that sealed the deal. A woman wants a man that desires her and can hardly resist her, so you've got to do that.

One last thing. Initially, you'll be bombarded by 20 and 30-somethings with all sorts of come-ons. That's not AM, that's those girls, running their scams. Please ignore them. None of them want to meet a 70-year old man that lives four states away.

Bottom line, there are real women on AM, looking for sex partners. The odds are against men, but if you're patient and persistent, it's realistic to think that you can find a partner.

bobb496
8/27/18

Open an account as a female. See if you even show up in searches. I know I didn't!!! This is on top of the fake "admirers" wanting to connect with you just to get you to spend your credits. Women email for free! If they really wanna connect with my sorry ass they will.
Then all the fake members on top of that. MEGA scam

aarong113
8/20/18

This is ALL about the money and NOTHING about connecting people.

Spend your time on places like Tinder if you want results.

5 connections on Tinder in 4 days and zero on Ashley Madison in years. Nothing but money down the tube with Ashley Madison. Fake profiles and money schemes is what this site is all about.

142 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Chris, Victor is right about everything he says. I've been on AM for about 7 years now, don't spend your hard earned money on anything except credits and even then be very careful who you spend them on. Flirts are free so send them out generously. Then when you receive a message from a gal first check to see that she even looked at your profile because if she didn't you're probably wasting your money to answer their message. Be sure to have a profile that sounds fun and interesting with current but flattering photos of yourself, your face not your $#*!. Be real. I think it's best to say you're looking for a "long-term relationship" even if you don't really care because believe it or not most women don't want a "one nighter." I've tried many sites and AM is the only one I've had any decent success with while being honest that I am married... other sites I get the cold shoulder or hate mail for being "married." Once you've made contact with a lady the rest of correspondence with that person is free so spark their interest, appeal to their mind and wit. These women get hundreds of hits daily so when you get a bite, tug gently, be patient, and don't even mention sex much until after you meet them in person. Be confident, warm, friendly, and flattering in a non-sexual way. And if they stop corresponding just leave them alone and don't harrass them, they may come back to you later when their ready. Just move on. A lot of these women are new at this and scared, feeling very guilty, and are afraid to make the first step. Your job is to ease their fears so they will eventually take the first step and meet with you in a public place of their choosing. And if you find someone you like stop fishing for other women, they will actually check on AM to see if you're still looking around. Almost every woman wants to be your one and only so assure them that they are. Hope this helps.

By A R.

Kind of expensive because they charge by credits. there are cheaper solutions (vm, saphrina, some aff sites)....

By Peter L.

Cops are looking for lawbreaking. It is not illegal to look for an affair.

By Patricia H.

Well, basically you purchase credits and you spend them every time you message someone...

By Peter L.

This site is free for women, which i believe is a big problem. That is why many "professionals" join and try to make you join other sites, cam sites, etc. On sites like vm, saphrina, etc women usually pay as well which is good for the quality of the female profiles. But i guess if you are a woman you should rather join AM.

By Peter L.

I've come to the realization since my first SiteJabber post, that Ashley Madison is at best 99% scammer's and 1% real chicks. That being said, their rates are ludicrous. You would have to spend a lot of money to find that real 1% and even if money is no issue to you, the amount of time to weed through the 99% is a full time job. I would not recommend this site....if possible, I would give it zero stars....why is it that site jabber doesn't allow zero stars??

By Simon H.

Unsure as well

Visit their site?!

By Peter L.

Be aware you will be charged $20 to cancel your profile and delete your account. Also make sure you aren't signed up for auto renew.

By ken k.

If it walks like a duck, and sounds like a duck what is it? Going to church has gotten people laid more than Ashley Madison.

By John D.
Questions? Get answers from the AshleyMadison staff and other customers.

1 Photo for AshleyMadison