Review of AmericanVIN

AmericanVIN reviews

kellyc189
11/15/17

Car seller beware!! Unsecured website only a few months old trying to sell $20 car reports. discountvin.com. Don't do it!!

brandyb36
11/5/17

I just received the same email. Aaking if my car was still available then an instant email about this website Glad I checked this out.

johnm1208
11/1/17

Got the same strange email. Did some research and it seems like a scam.

Original message:

If you can, please email me direct at my personal account -

TedKurt97 {atGMAILdotcom}

Talk to you soon.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

--------------------------------------------------
When I replied, received this email almost instantly, which makes it even more suspicious.

Hello, I was reaching out to you about your vehicle for sale. Do you
have a current vehicle history report for it? If not, I suggest
getting one at:
www. DiscountVin .com

When I was selling my car I got one from there to show people that
were interested. It was only $19 which is half the cost of Carfax($40
or more). It will show if there are any issues with it. The peace of
mind it gives for such a large sale is a bonus too.

It will verify that it has not been in any bad accidents, that it has
a clean title and that it has not been stolen. There are so many scams
out there. People are more likely to look at a vehicle with a report
provided.

Talk to you soon. Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------

I would recommend avoiding it!

jasonw182
10/21/17

I am selling my car and a friend suggested I add a vehicle report to my online listing to attract buyers. It worked! My car had no issues and the report showed that! Plus, it was only 20 bucks. Can't beat that!

gregh94
10/20/17

I was in the market for a new motorcycle. I had looked at 3. I ran reports on all of them. The first one had been wrecked and not disclosed by the seller! The second 2 were clean. Helped me make my decision!

samruckisas
10/15/17

Got an e-mail from person named Sam to sign up for discountvin.com vs Carfax. Don't respond like I did - if they are legit the Craiglist e-mail relay will work. "Is your ride still for sale? I'd like to talk to you. Not all of my CL messages have been making it through for some reason.

If you can, please email me direct at my personal account -

SamRuck53(at|Gmail)

Talk to you soon.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone"

Tip for consumers: Don't use americanvin.com or discountvin.com - use carfax.com or autocheck.com

rickp59
10/8/17

The report was inexpensive. Only $19. It was very accurate. Came quickly. What more can you ask for?! Thanks.

paulg198
10/7/17

Im currently selling a car, and a prospective buyer (sambuck38@gmail.com) first wanted to contact me via his gmail address rather than using the Craigslist messaging method, claiming he was having problems with the Craigslist method. He then asked about a vehicle report, and referred me to a site claimed to be cheaper than CarFax. The site (discountVIN.com) redirected to AmericaVIN.com. I checked both websites, and found they were less than a month old. This scam directs you to a website created by the buyer to get your credit card info. Dont fall for this one!

cindys169
10/2/17

Don't be fooled when someone responds to a Craigslist ad with interest in your vehicle and then immediately responds with how you should get your VIN report from some company for cheaper than Carfax.

dank97
9/29/17

Nice alternative to Carfax! It was half the cost and had the same info. Came fast and was a good price. Accurate details.

xo40
9/27/17
• Updated review

btt...... btt......btt...... btt......btt...... btt......btt...... btt......btt...... btt......btt...... btt......

“unbelievable that some consumer protection agency hasn't shut them down by now”
7/17/17
• Previous review

pitiful scam effort. and about as transparent as they come.

notice that all unfavorable reviews are followed by several bogus 5-star reviews from a new user's first time review... just to try to bury the bad review. even a similar pattern to their profile images.

nobody has claimed the business and responded to any of the poor reviews.

scam owner - before you submit your next fraudulent 5-star review, why don't you reply to this and defend yourself.

cindys167
9/27/17

5 star reviews are FAKE! Soliciting private party sellers on craigslist and trying to get your credit card information. Pay attention to the honest reviews.

The email template goes like this
"Is your ride still for sale? I saw your ad on CL. I am trying to get in touch with you.

Craigslist mail has not been going through consistently for me for some reason? Lets make sure we can connect. Please message me direct at my personal email:

SamRuck52(at)Gmail(dot)c0m

Talk to you soon. Thanks."

Next email sent immediately after-

"Hello, I was reaching out to you about your vehicle for sale. Do you
have a current vehicle history report for it? If not, I suggest
getting one at:
www. DiscountVin .com

When I was selling my car I got one from there to show people that
were interested. It was only $19 which is half the cost of Carfax($40
or more). It will show if there are any issues with it. The peace of
mind it gives for such a large sale is a bonus too.

It will verify that it has not been in any bad accidents, that it has
a clean title and that it has not been stolen. There are so many scams
out there. People are more likely to look at a vehicle with a report
provided.

Talk to you soon. Thanks!"

johng502
8/22/17

I don't know for sure if this is a scam or not but I'm suspicious because I received an email inquiry to my For Sale add on Craigslist which implied that the sender was interested in buying my truck. I replied with phone # and address info and the sender replied by asking if I had a DiscountVin.com report on the truck, and then went on to tell me how great DiscountVin is, how it's less expensive than CarFax, blah, blah, blah.

I almost fell for it but before I ordered the DiscountVin report I searched for reviews and found that others had had exactly the same experience. Viewed in that light all the 5 Star reviews sound like they came from shills.

gregv16
8/15/17

A friend suggested getting a vehicle history report from Americanvin for a motorcycle I am selling. It was cheap, came fast and was super accurate. Good choice.

jimmyt36
8/15/17

The report was fast, inexpensive and had all the details that you would expect from more expensive companies. I had no issues and I would use this service again.

seanj32
8/15/17

I was impressed with the speed of the delivery! It came instantly. Accurate report and inexpensive. Thanks.

brianh233
8/15/17

Americanvin ig great for the price! I ran a few cars I was looking at (I am in the market for a used car). Some came back good, some did not! Moral of the story? Its worth the $20 if you are spending that much money on a vehicle!

ront43
8/15/17

Great affordable service. Details were on point. It was cheaper than most. I recommend AmericanVin if you need a vehicle history report.

fredb89
8/14/17

soliciting private party sellers on craigslist and trying to get your credit card info. do not use.

liama12
7/31/17

I used AV to run a report for a motorcycle I am selling to show people that there are no issues with it. The report was inexpensive and came basically right away. Thanks!

johnv152
7/31/17

I needed a report on a vehicle I was selling. I paid the $20 and got it immediately. All of the facts on the car were correct. What else could you ask for?! A+++

joeb331
7/31/17

I am looking for a used truck. I used this service to run multiple reports on potential buys. Some of them came back with accidents. Saved e from buying a bad truck.

chrism370
7/23/17

I ran a report from Americanvin. To my surprise, the car I was looking at had been in a flood! The $20 report saved my a HUGE headache. I highly recommend AmericanVin.

scottw141
7/23/17

I heard about this service from another online review. I am in the market to purchase a used vehicle and this came in hab=ndy. I ran the report and got the results. It seems to be accurate. 5 stars!

barryf21
7/23/17

Got my report for my vehicle I am selling. It was cheap and accurate. Got it pretty much instantly. Thanks Americanvin!

Not only "no" but "Hell No" This is a scheme on CL to direct you to this site from a "buyer," There you give your CC info and it's goodbye to your credit. card and money

By dan o.

Yes!! I was scammed the first time, the report had barely any information on it and the person who made the appointment never showed up. They pretend to be interested in your car, once you buy it, they disappear. They also don't sound like they're really interested, they ask a bunch of questions first, then suggest you buy it and give you a hard sell. This is totally a scam. I have a worthless report and someone else just tried to get to buy it again. Go with Carfax. This isn't legit.

By fabienne j.

Questions? Get answers from the AmericanVIN staff and other customers.

AmericanVIN?