This website seems to be closed. Find similar businesses

AdvertisingResearch.org

AdvertisingResearch.org

AdvertisingResearch.org has a consumer rating of 2.17 stars from 12 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about AdvertisingResearch.org most frequently mention gift card problems. AdvertisingResearch.org ranks 220th among Advertising sites.

How would you rate AdvertisingResearch.org?

“Free money”

Velisha R.
6/10/16

I have had nothing but good experiences with Advertising research.org. I was promised a $25 Amazon gift card for signing up... I received it. I was promised pay at the 1st and 15th of each month... so far that has been payed out as well. It is all in gift cards to Amazon, and you do have to actually redeem the gift card on Amazon, via the information that AR.org send to you. I have had no problems. I get paid for doing what I was already doing for free.

“They plant viruses on your computer”

Sam F.
10/23/16

This is a scam. They take over your computer and plant viruses onto it. I did get the $25 amazon gift card and that same day my computer no longer worked. I had to go through a lot of trouble and days of woes, but I finally removed the 79 infected files they planted onto my computer. The only thing that changed with my use on my computer during the 4 days I had signed up for this company was them being part of the equation. Don't fall for this scam! $25 isn't worth all your info being at risk!

samf58
October 23rd, 2016

Tip for consumers:
Don't fall for this scam!!!

christinal68
November 16th, 2016

Dashboard never pays on time according to their own timetable! Every payment is late by more than a week. I am still waiting for final payment. Emails are a complete waste of time. They also don't pay and say you did not meet requirements which is a LIE! The claim they can't pay you until funds are sent to them by? They never tell you who is paying and you can't contact them! "I apologize for the delays in payments but they are decided by the host company as to when they release the funds." Ms. Oneil

denises104
February 14th, 2017

I did everything I was supposed and about a week later I was told that my Facebook wasn't logged into for days. This was a lie. I contacted support and was told it was my anti virus program. I uninstalled the program completely and STILL they said "We're sorry you decided to opt out". I did not opt out. I did eactly what they said to do. It is a way for them to use peoples Facebook for awhile and then NOT pay them.

helenf45
July 8th, 2017

I can't even access the website any longer so I don't I can't even check if I have any credits. It's ridiculous.

melanier35
October 28th, 2016

Sophie claims that I didn't complete a step and didn't spend time online to qualify for payment. Both false... don't participate, big scam. Those who say otherwise are just covers.

zaram4
July 12th, 2016

It asks you to download and install a software which gets access to your facebook ad account and use it somehow. I am not sure what it really does with your system, maybe they steal your passwords, or hack your accounts, etc...
How can be sure?

sarahw135
May 27th, 2016

I was promised an Amazon gift card in exchange for participation in this program. I never received compensation, even after numerous "chats" with their online support. Now my account is locked out and I cannot contact anyone at this company.

velishar
June 10th, 2016

abbyr12
March 27th, 2017

I did everything as I was suppose to do. I did not get my signup Gift card until after sending an email asking about it.

I even emailed them asking why two different days I did not get paid on 3/21. Her answer was "On those days, your computer must not have been communicating with the host server. Since this is a computer to computer study, that is how it keeps track of your time."

So I asked is there a way I can make sure it is communicating, her answer was "If you do not see earnings when you have been online for the required time, that means your computer is not communicating. That is really the only way to tell at this point."

As I was checking to see if I earn my money on 3/26 a pop up came up "We're sorry you chose to not participate in our Research Study." I emailed her again asking what's up, her response was "When checking your account, I see it has been 2 days since we last say you log in. Per our TOS, you are required to log in every day. This is why you are seeing this message."

So now I am waiting to see how long before I get what I earned, the TOS states 7 days, we will see!

eirinnc
December 13th, 2016

I participated in the program from May through November, when my project was ended. I received a total of $352.50 in Amazon gift cards. I never had a problem redeeming the gift cards. HOWEVER, the cards were always late (closer to the middle of the following month than the beginning). There is a chat feature if you have problems, but the people manning the chat don't have much helpful information. A couple of times the amount I was paid, and the amount I was supposed to be paid was off by $2.50 or $5.00. Not because I "missed" a day, but simply because the company didn't pay out properly. I mentioned this, but there was no recourse available. I still have not gotten my last payment, and I suspect I'm going to be stiffed on the last about $25 they owe me. The only issue with my computer was that it would not allow you to open different FB accounts on different browsers. I have a personal and a professional page, and that caused all sorts of issues. But other than that, my machine seems to be OK. So I certainly wouldn't call this a scam, but you need to ask yourself if it's worth it. For me, it resulted in extra money for Christmas shopping.

tammieb6
October 26th, 2016

Had the program for just over three months. Each of those 3 months there was some kind of issue that prevented the server from connecting to my computer for at least 4 days. Funny, that same server never had an issue connecting to my facebook and placing ads in my name. I did receive the 25$ amazon gift card, and compensation for the first two months I had the software installed, however, it took a lot longer to get than was promised. I uninstalled today after being told in order to continue I would need to stop using my current anti-virus and maybe get a different one, because they couldn't figure out why the server was still not connecting to my computer. It's not a scam, and maybe you will not have the problems I did - but it just isn't worth the hassle for 2.50$ a day.

sindyw1
July 19th, 2016

I signed up with them and have received all compensation I was promised. It wasn't as timely as I would have expected but I have received everything they said they would send me. I chose not to continue with the program as I started a new job so wouldn't be able to have my computer on as needed and they were friendly and helped me to uninstall the program. I would do it again in a minute.

Yea, I just posted on how to reset password so that I can dl on my computer, also a Mac. No way now after reading these comments.

By Laura C.

Get out while you can! Everyone is correct. You will get your 25 initial card but then they will find a way to say you weren't participating and not pay you. I'm scared what info they may have gained from my computer. I can't get this program off fast enough.

By Amy M.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the AdvertisingResearch.org staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AdvertisingResearch.org?

See reviews as you browse with our Firefox extension

2.2
Have a question about AdvertisingResearch.org?