Addison-james-surveyors.co.uk reviews

SITE CLOSED
Tel: 0800 061 2607

chloec47
1/11/19

I cant believe that people are still able to get away with doing this to hard working small businesses. We were caught out the same as the other people on the site. I see that they have gone into liquidation now and three companies that he has been Director of in the past have dissolved. No doubt he will be on to he next scam sooner or later and hopefully karma will catch up with him at some point.

lesliea72
8/10/18

Avoid at all cost scam merchants just after your money and will do nothing in return.

Les Allen-Vercoe
Business Park Owner

enkidp
5/1/18

This company took £1200 from my company to carry out an appeal and to advise on other issues relating to business rates. Within days, they sold their client list to another company called Hampton Lovett who refuse to accept responsibility for that payment. George Windsor who is now the insolvent Director of this company Addison James, appears to be taking cash for services under false pretences. Could it be that Hampton Lovett have no morals either, dealing with such fraudsters?. Hang your head in shame George Windsor, the law will catch up with you one day.

davidw564
3/15/18

Very similar to all the other reviewers on here. Promised lots delivered little.
Big upfront costs for them to appeal your business rates on your behalf, but found it very easy to negotiate with the % they take of what they save you (this should have rung alarm bells).
They were adamant that I should be paying less for a number of reasons but I have ended up having to pay more following the appeal, as the reasons they informed me that should save me money were not true.

roym88
3/2/18

Im taking them to court will upload full case details soon cardiff county court been over 18 months will not answer phone or emails I have kept all times and emails cardiff county court will here the case , I have submitted all paper work

keithc78
2/26/18

Do not use this Company, cost me £2500.00 for nothing; wants the money immediately, then needs chasing and chasing - finally was told the only option is the withdraw the appeal, thanks Addison James for wasting my money and my time.

janeta57
12/27/17

A guy turned up at my business. Told me could get business rates halfed, ask how much square footage ect, I was very busy with clients, said I was not intrested. How ever on the way out, he went to reception desk, asked my 17year old apprentice could she sign his paper work, to get his commission of his company and to prove he had been there, she did as a very young girl thought nothing about this, weeks later I get a bill, for 1450.00 shocked, phoned them said this is so we can start working? I said no way I not intrested in your company, then getting letters demanding 1,842.14 of federal management uk debt recovery, phoned them rude nasty, it is now in the hands of the police, thank god, please please anyone with the same problem phone the police and the case against them is getting bigger do not pay these people, they are also not registered as surveyors, Google George windor he company's director shocking what you read, phone the police.

rickyl20
12/18/17

This company is shocking, I had a consultant come down saying he could save us money on our rates. After a walk around on the premises he said we had strong grounds to be exempt, he then pulled out the paperwork for me to sign for the next stage to see if we would be guaranteed and that we would not pay them a penny unless we would save on rates.

He said he part filled the form out with my details and that me signing would just be to get the surveyors down to clarify etc. I stupidly signed without reading as I took his word and signing means I am now obligated to pay their fee regardless. I disputed this for a few months and was basically told that I signed so I should pay. I have now received intimidating calls from federal debt management informing me to unplug my appliances and leave them in the middle of the shop ready for collection if I don't pay the now £1800 that it's gone up too. I blame myself for this as I Should have read the bad reviews of these con artist before but when someone says they can reduce your £490 per month rates to zero I believed them.

Please please make my payment seem worth while by not going anywhere near this company. If I can save just one more person not falling for this then I will be happier. I can't believe companies are allowed to get away with this today. And even for the debt collectors to chase knowing full well what they are collecting for.

hussains6
11/22/17

Initial "surveyor" came to the property told a bunch of lies, I stupidly fell for them and it cost me £1500.

Don't make the same mistake.

Tip for consumers: Don't use them.

johnd887
11/1/17

They took £1400 up front from me & have not done anything apart from a intial survey They cancelled my rates appeal without even notifying me I have asked for a full refund but they have not even replied to my letter

patrickm76
10/8/17

There are many rating scammers active in the UK I have learned. This is one of the most blatant. It is reputed to be run by an ex con man who has served time.They weill cold call or introduce themselves unrequested and claim they can make significant savings in business rates. They will demand a fee up front, maybe as much as £4000+ and then you will not hear from them. After months of follow up you eventually get a response that your appeal 'failed' but in effect it was never entered or as they will have known if they are qualified surveyors could not be lodged because of a previous appeal, even some years earlier. They will then make offers to compensate when pushed and eventually propose a refund. However they do not refund unless taken to court. I placed a warning on Google reviews and after a few weeks they offered to settle if I removed it! However, this was bogus as they never settled. I am aware of other victims of the same fraud by this company.
AVOID!
2018 February. After filing a Small Court claim I managed to recover all the monies and the court costs. I recvommend other litigants to follow the same route.

What a scammer, you can find his address e.t.c easily I hope you are able to have a nice cup of tea with the chap to discuss how wonderful their soon to be shut down scam operation is expected to perpetuate on wards and upwards bon voyage!

By morgan a.

Questions? Get answers from the Addison-james-surveyors.co.uk staff and other customers.

Addison-james-surveyors.co.uk?