ActionFraud.org.uk reviews

London, LND WC1X, GB

21 reviews with 1 star

ameliaw34
8/9/19

I had a bad experience with action fraud some years ago, actually nothing was done and I never received a reply. At that time I reported the incident online. The money which I lost was not much. I never heard anything from Action fraud, except the very first email in which they wrote that have received my report. That was it. And this year in March my disabled friend was the victim of fraud. I helped him reporting it on the phone. The same as with me some years ago: he only received an email from Action Fraud that they have received the report. I called them several times to find what is up just to be told the police have not looked at it yet, and I have no hope now that they ever will look at it. Perhaps the amount which my disabled friend lost, is not big enough. We have signed the petition.

ashleyy33
6/18/19

Like all of you here you have had a terrible experience through Action Fraud, and found they actually do nothing to help. I have experienced the same stone walling in my own Cyberfraud case and found not the police, Action Fraud, my bank or anyone could actually do anything about it. Action Fraud is completely understaffed and overwhelmed, so they only focus on about 20% of the biggest cases, leaving everything else 'on the shelf'. The Police can't help you either as they can not act on behalf of Action Fraud! It's a big mess and the criminals know it.

Let's change the current system and make it better, so that criminals are held accountable for their actions.

I made this petition for change, please sign it and let's do something about this.

Many thanks

A

judithh124
7/20/18

I am 78yrs old and receiving very intimidating phone messages saying that I shall be in court for Tax Avoidance there is a legal case against my name
There is a warrant for my arrest from the HMRC -DON,T IGNORE
Two phone no's are given 01442780682 and 02032870055
I am a widow and always have paid my taxes

johnw1212
5/31/18

Several months ago I contacted Sussex Police regarding an Ebay scam and they said that they could not act because it had to be dealt with by Inaction Fraud. So I laboriously filled in the form that set out the identity of the criminal, his address, Ebay user name and other dodgy sales and current Ebay listings (selling "silver" necklaces marked with 925 that weren't silver). I have now received an email saying that they were going to forward all the details to Sussex Police. Now I used to work for the Metropolitan Police and am very used to obtaining the evidence needed for a prosecution. All that Inaction Fraud have done is to delay any investigation by months so that the criminal can move elsewher to carry on his scams. I have made a formal complaint against Inaction Fraud and suggest that others who have suffered the same treatment to do likewise. Action Fraud is totally unfit for purpose and is actually helping criminals to escape prosecution.

iand66
5/8/18

The stat for someone criminally prosecuted for fraud is 1 in 500 that came from Proffesor Mark Button at the university of Portsmouth
The police can't tell the public " we have not got the manpower or the expertise to tackle all this fraud" so the illusion of " action fraud" was formed
Yes they are ther to collate the information, if the police do " anything" it's passed to the cps.
Can you get money back from being defrauded, sadly the stats come up,against you to get criminal compensation there has to be a " prosecution" so it's 1 in 500
You can bring a civil case but that cost, in short if you have been defrauded get on with life.
They have taken your money and the chances of you getting " justice" is remote, they don't want to tell you that but it's the truth.
I would never ever report fraud again, HMRC, trading standards, insolvency agency,companies house, intelligence service, the police and the smokescreen in my opinion " action fraud"
The system favours the fraudsters, 1 in 500 leads to a criminal conviction, remember folk " crime does not pay" yes it does because the system is "f*****" and they know it so do HMRC civil and criminal, the police and all the others .

tatjanar1
9/29/17

Only wasted my time for nothing. "What do they do there?? - Nothing, absolutly nothing.. that's right.

anony395
9/7/17

At first glance, these guys seem like exactly what you need. In practice, they are no help whatsoever.

These people have no idea what they are doing. They constantly just copy and paste their generic replies and have no interest in helping you. You have to push for information and help from them, They will just keep pushing you to make a report that never gets read or replied to. Online chat agents are rude and the phone number is not even worth calling, unless you want to be on hold for an hour listening to an automated recording play every 5 seconds.

Honestly, your time is better spent contacting banks, passport offices and any institutions that are directly affected with your issue.

These guys are simply there to make sure they have all the numbers and statistics for their crime report.

Don't bother.

harryh70
5/12/17

To hide the fact of Police Forces not doing anything about Fraud, Action Fraud was set up. Basically it now takes the statistics from the individual Forces and combines them into one statistic. So for instance GMP where car crime is epidemic and the cars are rung and sold on then actually we have three crimes. House broken into and keys stolen.Burglary. Theft of car. Car identification changed and the sold. Fraud. GMP would have to record the Burglary and manage to get away with recording the stolen car in the same crime report. So only 1 crime recorded instead of three by GMP. Believe it or not this is above scrutiny and acceptable by the powers at be. When the Fraud is reported to action Fraud it will be vetted and binned with proforma letter. Hence GMP don't record that crime on their system so it cons the statistics of how much real Fraud is occurring in GMP. Also GMP further vet the information they get from Action Fraud. Doesn't matter how many names address, details of ongoing Frauds. They only investigate less than 1 in 10 reported or received by them. That's from GMP themselves. There priority lies with Fraud victims in their own area that the Frauds have been committed by.

Why spend £5000000 a year because the biggest rising crime Fraud can be hidden from the publics view and the authorities and Goverment passify the Public with this great scheme called action Fraud just a glorified way to bin Frauds and massage individual Forces figures. So crime is on the decrease? No just hidden.

Action Fraud just another scam. Another very costly Fraud for the Public!!

"Lies damn, Lies and Statistics"

darenj2
2/2/17

a very poor service. Cut and paste letters sent to many many victims of the same fraud. Gave excuse as no leads when actually suspects were named and Company was named. Lazy Policing at its best.

lynnes32
2/2/17

Agree with previous reviews -this dept is wrongly named as they couldn't be less active if they tried. I'm one of MANY people who reported an online scam from a distribution company that misrpresented themselves(in that they had neither the capacity or means to distribute huge amounts of stock) and took monies with the intention of deception for goods from thousands of customers internationally falsely informing them their goods were being posted and in subsequent emails that they could neither provide goods or refunds due to lack of resources. As a group of disatisfied customers we have provided ample evidence of receipts for non-delivered goods, email correspondence, names and addresses of company directors, site premises and definitive proof that in one case this company could not ever provide a restricted original item they advertised yet after more than a 28 day wait we are now receiving a standard letter telling us that lack of "leads" prevents Action fraud pursuing this further. We have been told by Trading standards and the local police force that they would like us to leave action Force to investigate this and are feeling frustrated that despite many of us contacfting them Action Fraud have failed to elaborate on what further "leads" are required or how many "leads" they need in order to become pro-active. Correspondence thuis far seems futile and a complete waste of time.

nicolak3
2/2/17

Submitted a complaint about online company savvibuy who taken my money at Christmas and never sent goods!! Send pages upon pages of proof and received a general automated response 3 months later saying no fraud was found HA! Operators getting paid to do $#*! all!!

gerh210
1/11/17

Some knob Ed took £110 pound from me on Shpock! and promised to send me an iPhone.
I gave his name and phone number along with his bank details to Action fraud two months ago and the wasters haven't even bothered to get in touch since. I think they're just as bad as the fraudsters for getting paid to do jack $#*!!

bobm184
10/4/16

I wrote a review a while back about how Action Fraud does nothing but send out letters telling people they believe that they woud not obtain a conviction. does this answer why the crime of Fraud in the UK is at an all time high well it does because the fraudsters have nothing to fear from Action Fraud , Action Fraud is a JOKE as most people on these reviews are aware its a case ignore and it will go away, not with me its not if they do nothing to a solicitor who my insurers have paid on false information then I shall approach the procurator fiscal directly as the police work for the Procurator Fiscal in Scotland a solicitor defrauding an insurance company which the insurer admits happened , fraud is fraud whether Action Fraud likes it or not. and I intend to pursue this with or without assistance from this bunch which should be referred to as NO ACTION FRAUD.

malcolmf17
9/19/16

Apparently giving them names, phone numbers and email addresses of an ongoing £50k+ scam is not enough for them to take action...

"We have reviewed your report and I regret to inform you that we have not identified any leads that would result in a successful criminal investigation therefore your report has not been sent to a local police force or other enforcement organisation to commence an investigation at this time."

Well worth waiting 8 weeks for this reply.

Tax payers money clearly well spent on this lot...completely pointless organisation.

kadzd1
5/22/16

Had the worst experience ever sold my phone on ebay..was happy someone wanted to buy the product so when the buyer goes they want the item sent to nigeria for her son whos studying in Nigeria! I happily agreed as they offered to pay 30.00 for postage so stupidly I agreed.. The scammer made fake email claiming they from paypal and that the payment is being processed so I need to ship the item before the money comes in my account. At the time I didn't realise and I should have contacted paypal directly instead of going ahead with the fake emails which looked genuine. There was no way of telling the difference.

Then when I realised I was being scammed I contacted royal but they said they can't do anything once you've posted it. Its out of their hands, which is so stupid!! they should be able to send the item back to you. When I realised the parcel was still in the country at Heathrow but nobody helped.I just contacted the police and action fraud and hoped for the best. But even they didn't help!! 2 months later they contacted me saying they wont be able to take the case on!!

THESE PEOPLE ARE GETTING AWAY WITH IT BECAUSE POLICE AND PEOPLE WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO HELP YOU ARENT HELPING!! WITH THE TECHNOLOGY WE HAVE YOU CAN EASILY TRACK DOWN THESE CRIMINALS.. IF THE POLICE HAD ASKED FOR THE EVIDENCE OF THE EMAILS. THROUGH THE IP ADDRESS AND LOCATION THE SCAMMER COULD HAVE BEEN CAUGHT!!

catyw
11/3/15

I rang these people twice on one day to report an attempt to defraud me of £6k- someone tried to sell me a car and get me to pay them on paypal first - oh and yes then they would refund me if I did not want it - seriously????? - The action fraud system was down and they were unable to take my call - unfortunately I had to hang on the phone for half an hour the first call to find this out. I rang back the next day and they told me to report the fraud to paypal but it was not a pay pal issue. I had to wait for another half hour on that call. No common sense and a complete waste of time

rodj4
10/18/15

Reported a possible theft of almost £50.000, one week on they haven't even looked at the report ! my money could have been on the other side of the world by now and Action Fraud who claim that they do not investigate every case, haven't even lifted a finger yet! the only thing it will do is increase your keyboard skills! they are not interested in pursuing the perpetrators of money crime! this is a total joke organisation, don't waste your time on them.

wazzag
9/10/15

Total waste of your time!!

Not interestedin anything, rude, unhelpful, just a paper pushing department, no advise, no replies and constant chasing.

Its a disgrace!! Do yourself a favour and save yourself the stress, they are not even worth considering if you need to solve a problem.

Police will tell you to contact them, they will push the paper around until they think you will be fed up and then tell you they can't do anything to help you!

cristinag11
5/13/15

Along with other 20 victims we reported a letting fraud and Action Fraud is absolutely not interested in dealing with this case. The director of the letting agency stole thousands of pounds from people and now is living peacefully and happy as Action Fraud or the police simply are not interested in dealing with the case. Just don't waste your time to report a fraud, they are unprofessional, careless and not willing nor interested in helping victims of fraud! If I could give them 0 stars I would do it!

mrd3
4/11/15

I reported a cheque fraud and never got a 28 day update letter, after two phone calls I received an email stating they do not have enough information on the crime. That was because they never even bothered to ask for the evidence which I had and had stated to them that I had the evidence for this crime. Action fraud chose to do nothing about it, apart from waste my time and effort in filling out a report. There was no action at all from them and would suggest to people if you do get scammed to learn from the experience as the police and action fraud do not care.

daver49
2/14/15

Seriously don't even waste your time - this is just another example of a government department setting up a point quango to divest themselves of any cost or responsibility for dealing with crime.

I report a case of fraud over a month ago, heard nothing since, and even on the site it states that most cases won't be investigated.

So in essence, waste your time filling out a report - it gets filed and forgotten and meanwhile the police and the government can state that they have a department to deal with fraud (they should actually say "file fraud reports"

OMFG - Update - the recommendation from Talk Talk following them losing all of your personal detail to random hackers (seriously, how bad is their security) is that your report any fraud to Action Org - bad enough you have been ripped off due to an incompetent ISP but you are also recommended to waste your time inputting the detail into a pointless government quanqo who are about as effective as sticking flowers under your nose to fight the Black Death in the middle ages were.

It is said "citizens don't have the right to take the law into their own hands". What's the alternative? If the scroundels at action fraud will not deal with rported crimes then citizens should have the ability to deal with wrong doers themselves. You cannot have it both ways!!! It seems rioting is the only way to get grievances aired!!!

By billy f.

The chances of any fraud resulting in a criminal conviction is 1 in 500, that came from Proffesor Marc Button,. The police are skint, not only do the fraudster get away with the monies, they statistically have a very very slim chance of getting criminally prosecuted. So every 10000 frauds reported only 20 end up with a conviction, the polices cant say " you have no chance at all" they create a illusion called " action fraud" this makes the people think " fraud" is taken seriously. Insolvency agency, companies house " good 5 billion fraud every year by abuse of the system" intelligence service, trading standards in regard to fraud by non CE devices being placed on the market. In short when you report fraud " it's pass the buck" I'm sorry to be so blunt, you can try the civil route " I know spend more money to get money back" My advice don't contact any one, thevfraud that I knew took place is in the region of 1 billion and " nothing was done"

By Ian d.

Couldnt agree more useless organization good for nothing I made a complain about flight company based in bradford ethiopian-flight.com and they were there for a week no one did anything.waste of time and effort. I am not gonna bother in future to report anything anymore. They are empowering the criminals by being lazy.Useless people.They should writ off this so called Action fraud if they cant be bothered to investigate.Really upset with them.

By Maddy p.

Questions? Get answers from the ActionFraud.org.uk staff and other customers.

ActionFraud.org.uk?