ActionFraud.org.uk

ActionFraud.org.uk has a consumer rating of 1.32 stars from 28 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. ActionFraud.org.uk also ranks 78th among Consumer Protection sites. The most common issues with ActionFraud.org.uk are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• I told them I am happy to give this scammers email address and address they given me and also phone number.
How would you rate ActionFraud.org.uk?

“People don't know”

$#*! f.
8/3/17

First of all you'd are all dumb as hell for getting scammed and cry about it because you'd are soooooo dumb and want to blame someone else, second action fraud is a reporting centre who's employees are civilians not mi5 you $#*!s, they don't hunt the criminal down they litirally tell u that all they do is take a report but seeing that yous all don't have a brain cell between you hence the Reason why you have been scammed (hahahaha) you'd would understand that Yours truly Your dad sells Avon

“Is anybody there, does anybody care!”

B B.
2/21/20

I'm waiting on phone to so-called action fraud.It's been 19 minutes.No answer.It's USING MY calling credit at MY expense & I'm being a good citizen in TRYING to report fraud. What a disgusting non service!

phone number (4)
bb373
February 21st, 2020
franklino10
December 18th, 2019
This organisation is a total waste of funds. Even when you present them with information about fraud against you, they do absolutely NOTHING!
mariau20
November 27th, 2017
For almost a month reported and when I asked the if they found him, no answer from them, they will only give case # nothing done
cuntf
August 3rd, 2017

Yours truly

Your dad sells Avon
jometj
July 12th, 2020
I inform puppy scam for action fraud. I told them I am happy to give this scammers email address and address they given me and also phone number. You what actions fraud people told me. Fraud was not happened so we can take action so that means some one should have to scam you then we can take action. This site s such a use less do not inform them they don't deserve it. Scammers offered me a golden retriever puppy for £400 with out seems puppy.And I saw on Facebook so many members they loosen their money exactly same method they use I told account fraud that all so still all that lady picked phone was not very interested to act because what she says some one reduced price of puppy she not seen any problems. Such a ridicules feeling I have that time so many evidence is there but still relax tented to take action. Scam people came first they told me they are Chrity they came with old lady photos with Facebook when I asked kc registration of dog they disappeared. So please my friend s do not inform action froud they not use full at all
pauln213
December 15th, 2019
Don't waste your time with this worthless fraud assisting service, if some c**t stitched you up sort it out yourself - reporting it to these vermin just gives them a lead if a fraudster has an 'accident'
ameliaw34
August 9th, 2019
I had a bad experience with action fraud some years ago, actually nothing was done and I never received a reply. At that time I reported the incident online. The money which I lost was not much. I never heard anything from Action fraud, except the very first email in which they wrote that have received my report. That was it. And this year in March my disabled friend was the victim of fraud. I helped him reporting it on the phone. The same as with me some years ago: he only received an email from Action Fraud that they have received the report. I called them several times to find what is up just to be told the police have not looked at it yet, and I have no hope now that they ever will look at it. Perhaps the amount which my disabled friend lost, is not big enough. We have signed the petition.
nicolak3
February 2nd, 2017
Submitted a complaint about online company savvibuy who taken my money at Christmas and never sent goods! Send pages upon pages of proof and received a general automated response 3 months later saying no fraud was found HA! Operators getting paid to do $#*! all!
gerh210
January 11th, 2017
Some knob Ed took £110 pound from me on Shpock! And promised to send me an iPhone.
I gave his name and phone number along with his bank details to Action fraud two months ago and the wasters haven't even bothered to get in touch since. I think they're just as bad as the fraudsters for getting paid to do jack $#*!!
keythr
February 23rd, 2011
Action Fraud (http://www.actionfraud.org.uk) is the UK's national fraud reporting centre. The service is run by the National Fraud Authority the UK government agency that helps to co-ordinate the fight against fraud in the UK.

It provides a central point of contact for information about fraud.

The online fraud reporting service is available 24 hours a day, enabling you to report a fraud and find help and support. Action Fraud can also provide help and advice over the phone through the Action Fraud contact centre. You can talk to our fraud specialists by calling *******040.

The web page offers fraud and scam victims
A) A place to report the offence
B) Support, information and links
C) Advice on protection in the future
D) News and warnings about current scams in the UK

This website is the second place to go, immediately after your bank and credit card companies, if you are based in the UK and have been scammed.

Help chase the scammers down make your complaint official!
johnw1212
May 31st, 2018
Several months ago I contacted Sussex Police regarding an Ebay scam and they said that they could not act because it had to be dealt with by Inaction Fraud. So I laboriously filled in the form that set out the identity of the criminal, his address, Ebay user name and other dodgy sales and current Ebay listings (selling "silver" necklaces marked with 925 that weren't silver). I have now received an email saying that they were going to forward all the details to Sussex Police. Now I used to work for the Metropolitan Police and am very used to obtaining the evidence needed for a prosecution. All that Inaction Fraud have done is to delay any investigation by months so that the criminal can move elsewher to carry on his scams. I have made a formal complaint against Inaction Fraud and suggest that others who have suffered the same treatment to do likewise. Action Fraud is totally unfit for purpose and is actually helping criminals to escape prosecution.
iand66
May 8th, 2018
The stat for someone criminally prosecuted for fraud is 1 in 500 that came from Proffesor Mark Button at the university of Portsmouth
The police can't tell the public " we have not got the manpower or the expertise to tackle all this fraud" so the illusion of " action fraud" was formed
Yes they are ther to collate the information, if the police do " anything" it's passed to the cps.
Can you get money back from being defrauded, sadly the stats come up, against you to get criminal compensation there has to be a " prosecution" so it's 1 in 500
You can bring a civil case but that cost, in short if you have been defrauded get on with life.
They have taken your money and the chances of you getting " justice" is remote, they don't want to tell you that but it's the truth.
I would never ever report fraud again, HMRC, trading standards, insolvency agency, companies house, intelligence service, the police and the smokescreen in my opinion " action fraud"
The system favours the fraudsters, 1 in 500 leads to a criminal conviction, remember folk " crime does not pay" yes it does because the system is "f*****" and they know it so do HMRC civil and criminal, the police and all the others.
judithh124
July 20th, 2018
I am 78yrs old and receiving very intimidating phone messages saying that I shall be in court for Tax Avoidance there is a legal case against my name
There is a warrant for my arrest from the HMRC -DON, T IGNORE
Two phone no's are given *******0682 and *******0055
I am a widow and always have paid my taxes
darenj2
February 2nd, 2017
A very poor service. Cut and paste letters sent to many many victims of the same fraud. Gave excuse as no leads when actually suspects were named and Company was named. Lazy Policing at its best.
anony395
September 7th, 2017
At first glance, these guys seem like exactly what you need. In practice, they are no help whatsoever.

These people have no idea what they are doing. They constantly just copy and paste their generic replies and have no interest in helping you. You have to push for information and help from them, They will just keep pushing you to make a report that never gets read or replied to. Online chat agents are rude and the phone number is not even worth calling, unless you want to be on hold for an hour listening to an automated recording play every 5 seconds.

Honestly, your time is better spent contacting banks, passport offices and any institutions that are directly affected with your issue.

These guys are simply there to make sure they have all the numbers and statistics for their crime report.

Don't bother.
malcolmf17
September 19th, 2016
Apparently giving them names, phone numbers and email addresses of an ongoing £50k+ scam is not enough for them to take action...

"We have reviewed your report and I regret to inform you that we have not identified any leads that would result in a successful criminal investigation therefore your report has not been sent to a local police force or other enforcement organisation to commence an investigation at this time."

Well worth waiting 8 weeks for this reply.

Tax payers money clearly well spent on this lot... completely pointless organisation.
rodj4
October 18th, 2015
Reported a possible theft of almost £50.000, one week on they haven't even looked at the report! My money could have been on the other side of the world by now and Action Fraud who claim that they do not investigate every case, haven't even lifted a finger yet! The only thing it will do is increase your keyboard skills! They are not interested in pursuing the perpetrators of money crime! This is a total joke organisation, don't waste your time on them.
cristinag11
May 13th, 2015
Along with other 20 victims we reported a letting fraud and Action Fraud is absolutely not interested in dealing with this case. The director of the letting agency stole thousands of pounds from people and now is living peacefully and happy as Action Fraud or the police simply are not interested in dealing with the case. Just don't waste your time to report a fraud, they are unprofessional, careless and not willing nor interested in helping victims of fraud! If I could give them 0 stars I would do it!
lynnes32
February 2nd, 2017
Agree with previous reviews -this dept is wrongly named as they couldn't be less active if they tried. I'm one of MANY people who reported an online scam from a distribution company that misrpresented themselves(in that they had neither the capacity or means to distribute huge amounts of stock) and took monies with the intention of deception for goods from thousands of customers internationally falsely informing them their goods were being posted and in subsequent emails that they could neither provide goods or refunds due to lack of resources. As a group of disatisfied customers we have provided ample evidence of receipts for non-delivered goods, email correspondence, names and addresses of company directors, site premises and definitive proof that in one case this company could not ever provide a restricted original item they advertised yet after more than a 28 day wait we are now receiving a standard letter telling us that lack of "leads" prevents Action fraud pursuing this further. We have been told by Trading standards and the local police force that they would like us to leave action Force to investigate this and are feeling frustrated that despite many of us contacfting them Action Fraud have failed to elaborate on what further "leads" are required or how many "leads" they need in order to become pro-active. Correspondence thuis far seems futile and a complete waste of time.
ashleyy33
June 18th, 2019
Like all of you here you have had a terrible experience through Action Fraud, and found they actually do nothing to help. I have experienced the same stone walling in my own Cyberfraud case and found not the police, Action Fraud, my bank or anyone could actually do anything about it. Action Fraud is completely understaffed and overwhelmed, so they only focus on about 20% of the biggest cases, leaving everything else 'on the shelf'. The Police can't help you either as they can not act on behalf of Action Fraud! It's a big mess and the criminals know it.

Let's change the current system and make it better, so that criminals are held accountable for their actions.

I made this petition for change, please sign it and let's do something about this.

Many thanks

A
bobm184
October 4th, 2016
I wrote a review a while back about how Action Fraud does nothing but send out letters telling people they believe that they woud not obtain a conviction. Does this answer why the crime of Fraud in the UK is at an all time high well it does because the fraudsters have nothing to fear from Action Fraud, Action Fraud is a JOKE as most people on these reviews are aware its a case ignore and it will go away, not with me its not if they do nothing to a solicitor who my insurers have paid on false information then I shall approach the procurator fiscal directly as the police work for the Procurator Fiscal in Scotland a solicitor defrauding an insurance company which the insurer admits happened, fraud is fraud whether Action Fraud likes it or not. And I intend to pursue this with or without assistance from this bunch which should be referred to as NO ACTION FRAUD.
harryh70
May 12th, 2017
To hide the fact of Police Forces not doing anything about Fraud, Action Fraud was set up. Basically it now takes the statistics from the individual Forces and combines them into one statistic. So for instance GMP where car crime is epidemic and the cars are rung and sold on then actually we have three crimes. House broken into and keys stolen. Burglary. Theft of car. Car identification changed and the sold. Fraud. GMP would have to record the Burglary and manage to get away with recording the stolen car in the same crime report. So only 1 crime recorded instead of three by GMP. Believe it or not this is above scrutiny and acceptable by the powers at be. When the Fraud is reported to action Fraud it will be vetted and binned with proforma letter. Hence GMP don't record that crime on their system so it cons the statistics of how much real Fraud is occurring in GMP. Also GMP further vet the information they get from Action Fraud. Doesn't matter how many names address, details of ongoing Frauds. They only investigate less than 1 in 10 reported or received by them. That's from GMP themselves. There priority lies with Fraud victims in their own area that the Frauds have been committed by.

Why spend £5000000 a year because the biggest rising crime Fraud can be hidden from the publics view and the authorities and Goverment passify the Public with this great scheme called action Fraud just a glorified way to bin Frauds and massage individual Forces figures. So crime is on the decrease? No just hidden.

Action Fraud just another scam. Another very costly Fraud for the Public!

"Lies damn, Lies and Statistics"
wazzag
September 10th, 2015
Total waste of your time!

Not interestedin anything, rude, unhelpful, just a paper pushing department, no advise, no replies and constant chasing.

Its a disgrace! Do yourself a favour and save yourself the stress, they are not even worth considering if you need to solve a problem.

Police will tell you to contact them, they will push the paper around until they think you will be fed up and then tell you they can't do anything to help you!
tatjanar1
September 29th, 2017
Only wasted my time for nothing. "What do they do there? - Nothing, absolutly nothing. That's right.
mrd3
April 11th, 2015
I reported a cheque fraud and never got a 28 day update letter, after two phone calls I received an email stating they do not have enough information on the crime. That was because they never even bothered to ask for the evidence which I had and had stated to them that I had the evidence for this crime. Action fraud chose to do nothing about it, apart from waste my time and effort in filling out a report. There was no action at all from them and would suggest to people if you do get scammed to learn from the experience as the police and action fraud do not care.

The chances of any fraud resulting in a criminal conviction is 1 in 500, that came from Proffesor Marc Button,. The police are skint, not only do the fraudster get away with the monies, they statistically have a very very slim chance of getting criminally prosecuted. So every 10000 frauds reported only 20 end up with a conviction, the polices cant say " you have no chance at all" they create a illusion called " action fraud" this makes the people think " fraud" is taken seriously. Insolvency agency, companies house " good 5 billion fraud every year by abuse of the system" intelligence service, trading standards in regard to fraud by non CE devices being placed on the market. In short when you report fraud " it's pass the buck" I'm sorry to be so blunt, you can try the civil route " I know spend more money to get money back" My advice don't contact any one, thevfraud that I knew took place is in the region of 1 billion and " nothing was done"

By Ian d.

Forget it, try and resolve the matter yourself. Action fraud is a fraud itself. It is just a mirage set up to deceive us into thinking we can be safe. They do absolutely NOTHING!

By Franklin O.
See more answers (2)

It is said "citizens don't have the right to take the law into their own hands". What's the alternative? If the scroundels at action fraud will not deal with rported crimes then citizens should have the ability to deal with wrong doers themselves. You cannot have it both ways! It seems rioting is the only way to get grievances aired!

By billy f.
See more answers (2)

Action Fraud is a rubber stamp. The funding going into it is a waste of our hard tax payers income. I am now on the "taking matters into my own hands" line, because without this, the fraudster can never be caught.

By Franklin O.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the ActionFraud.org.uk staff and other customers.

Avoiding Fraud Online and Offline

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ActionFraud.org.uk?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.3
Have a question about ActionFraud.org.uk?