Review of MDG

3422 Old Capitol Trail, PMB# 1993
Wilmington, DE 19808, USA
Tel: 1-800-906-0975
support@mdg.com
Good or bad credit get approved up to $3200 today!
Learn More

wandal72
3/25/19

I've just research MDG as a new customer and thought I would share that according to BBB they have record of only 2 unresolved business complaints - and an A- business rating on a scale of A+ (highest a business can receive) to F (lowest rating for a business).

Response from Ivana V., MDG Representative
Hey Wanda,
you're right! We are holding an A rating with BBB and we’re very proud of it!
michaell1008
3/18/19

Very easy to order and very helpful and very good products and shipped them very promptly had no issues and very flexible payment plan

Response from Nikola K., MDG Representative
Hey Michael, thank your for a great review. We are so happy too hear you've had a great experience!
gwendolynw22
3/17/19

Miljan N was excellent customer service he stayed on the phone with me and walked me step by step to finish my application and also my order Please keep Miljan on your team he was very knowledgeable of the products you sale aslo.....GREAT JOG

Response from Nikola K., MDG Representative
Thank you for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you satisfied with our services! We will make sure to let Miljan you had a great experience!
lorik184
3/17/19

He wasn't the friendliest person to talk to. I emailed him 3 days ago requesting a price match but haven't heard anything back. I am thinking of cancelling this order.

Response from Nikola K., MDG Representative
Hey Lori, thank you for taking your time to write us your feedback! We are sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience talking to our agent Victor. Our agents are all working hard to meet our customers' expectation and rest assured that we will follow up on your case. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with!
haleym53
3/15/19

awesome customer service! I recommend Enis to help with any question you may have, he worked very hard to get me my order when it fell through! Thanks!

Response from Ivana V., MDG Representative
Thank you for your feedback! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.
michelet85
3/13/19

After my divorce and my ex destroying my credit, I never thought I'd be approved for anything. I want to thank MDG for proving me wrong. The whole application process was very easy and fast. I was approved instantly! Peter Filipovic was assigned as my representative. He has been very helpful and answered all of my questions quickly and efficiently. I am happy to say that I am awaiting my first order and cannot wait! Thanks again, you guys are great!

Response from Ivana V., MDG Representative
Thank you very much for your review. We work really hard to offer the best services in the best possible environment. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future!
mikem1192
3/13/19

MDG is an amazing company with great prices and great service. I don't normally go out of my way to give a review but I just had to for MDG because of the great experience that I have had with them. I have bought a t.v., laptop headphones and a couple gaming consoles so far and will be purchasing more in the very near future. Keep up the good work MDG I always refer people. Like the title says they get 5 stars because the deserve 5 stars

Response from Ivana V., MDG Representative
Thank you so much for the great review. We appreciate you being a loyal customer and helping to share the word about us. We’re here for you anytime.
tammyk93
3/5/19

I have been extremely happy with mdg. Until today. I have almost 1269 credit but when I went to buy a sofa set for 999 I was told I didn't have enough credit because the shipping and handling was almost 500 and a 49 dollar fee for a delivery date. This is rediculus. If you want to sell furniture then don't charge a 500 shipping and handeling fee. I was all excited cause I thought I could finally get new furniture

Response from Ivana V., MDG Representative
Thank you for your review! MDG follows pricing set out by manufacturers as well as the market price of our competitors to ensure we stay competitive in the markets but large and heavy items are not eligible for Free Shipping and shipping charges are required. You can check all details regarding shipping on our web page: https://secure.mdg.ca/content/?type=shippingfree
Additionally, a ticket has been created based on your concerns and a member of MDG’s Sales Team will be in touch with you today.
nidiad2
3/4/19

Hi
I had a rough patch with credit. Etc I heard about MDG so I gave it a try back in 2013 and perfect easy simple and quick. Then again 2015 and again 2017 and 2018 and now 2019. I recommended my brother. He purchases a laptop etc
MDG needs to make sure paper work is correct and for ur own security protection i would feel good about a company who checks paper work well and assure ur safety. For those who had such a bad exp w mdg!! Is shocking. I never had an issue with them and my items have been paid on time never missed a payment. MDG!! Is our seco d chance when we need something so bad and can't get at the moment. Mdg will safe u a**.
Tks for great customer service tks for all the wonderful products.i enclosed a poc of my first purchase already paid for LG tv. And still working as new.

Response from Ivana V., MDG Representative
Thank you so much for the great review. We appreciate you being a loyal customer and helping to share the word about us. We’re here for you anytime!
chelseal33
3/4/19

We have had no problems with MDG. Everything was easy once everything was submitted to the verification department. Financed something else after the initial financing and didnt even need to speak to anyone. Ordered and received during the holidays within a week. This was impressive to say the least. Yes, you are paying more in the long run, but if u want to build your credit, which I think this has then MDG is rly helpful. They're the only ones willing to take the risk we people with bad credit need in order to re establish.

Response from Ivana V., MDG Representative
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future.
johns3658
2/27/19

What I lesson I learned. MDG is a mess. Last week I saw an advertisement for a laptop. Seeing how I could use a new one, I decided to take a look. I found a bundle I liked and decided to purchase it. I was given a credit limit and placed my order. I am a well respected Director of an internationally known academy, I judge world renowned competitions and am constantly in the news for the philanthropic work we do. I make a decent salary and I figured, this would be an easy process. I was immediately informed that I had to wait until Monday morning to speak to my "Customer Agent" who was handling my case. I spoke to her on Monday morning, informed her that due to my workload it was imperative that they act in a reasonable timely manner and not go back and forth with needless requests for additional information. I was asked to enter my bank account information, that was immediately verified, I was asked to verify my employment which was immediately verified, I was asked then to verify how many times a month I get paid by sending in my last two months statements (showing I made over 10K in 6 weeks). I've spent two days appeasing individuals who say they are trying to verify information that could be done in less than 30 minutes. This company obviously does not have the manpower, knowledge or customer service experience needed to run an online service. This is a poorly run company whos actions and attitude serve as notice that they may not be fiscally stable. It is a shame, in theory it would be a good practice, however, in actually, its a disaster where every employee is pointing the fingers at everyone else but themselves.

Response from Ivana V., MDG Representative
Hi John,

As mentioned, we have reviewed the file and it appears as though the agents simply required some additional information. We do this for security purposes and there is a reason behind every request. Income needs to be verified so that we can set up a customized payment plan with the customer, and our terms and conditions state that we may ask for more detail at any time. We have been in business for many years, and just recently celebrated our 28th anniversary. Information is not requested with the intent to cause such frustrations, and we do apologize. Please understand that we are an online only company and we must take precautions when lending to prospective customers as it is different from financing done physically in person.
teliab1
2/27/19

I have seen ALL the negative stuff posted about MDG !! And I have to say !!! Anyone reading my review , read carefully!!! I received my order in less than 20 days , and I'm so happy with my product. Its a great company . Some people need to realize that Mdg is not just going to hand out there product until they are satisfied with all the documents they are asking you for have been submitted !!! They are a great company And IAM truly happy that I chose MDG "WAY TO GO MDG", you delivered on your promise..

Response from Ivana V., MDG Representative
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review. We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future.
teliad
2/21/19

If you submit all the proper documents with MDG , they will make sure you get your product!!! I just did my order Monday and today is wensday and it's complete and I will receive my order next week!!! If you do what's needed you will get your stuff !!!

Response from Ivana V., MDG Representative
Thanks for the awesome review. We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.
paulp419
2/21/19

My experience with MDG has been wonderful! I was approved on 2/6/19, my personal rep emailed me on 2/7/10, I called him the same day to ask some questions, which he completely answered. I then took a week to review and compare products, ordered on 2/12/19. The first payment was transmitted on 2/13/19. My information was verified with me by phone on 2/15/19, when I also set up a payment date and amount (I added an extra payment every month), and my item was shipped on 2/20/19. (Holiday delay by one day.)

This is a terrific alternative to rent to own, which carries interest bordering usury rates. This is financing, which allows new borrowers and those wishing to rebuild their credit an affordable way to finance, build or rebuild their credit, and is a good education regarding interest and the cost of interest. Does the process take a week or so? Yes, but so does applying for any financing contract. Does your item cost more than it would on Amazon? Yes, but the price of interest is up to you....make more than the minimum payments and your total cost will be less.

I would encourage anyone who is looking to finance a purchase to consider this company over a rent to own scenario. The customer service is wonderful, if you have a question, call and ask them! The total cost of your item is customizable by your payment amount, but will always be less than rent to own, it will help to build your credit and is a great way to learn how to budget and be responsible for a monthly payment. Also, cross your fingers that you are assigned Eldin as your customer rep. He is absolutely wonderful.

Response from Ivana V., MDG Representative
Hi Paul,
Thank you so much for the feedback, we do appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience and helping to share the word about us. We’re here for you anytime.
cindya117
2/19/19

I like MDG except I was told they would report to the credit bureau and haven't yet and its been almost a year

Response from Ivana V., MDG Representative
Hello,
MDG Currently only reports to the credit bureaus automatically for our Canadian accounts, however, it is in the pipeline for the US as well and we will be doing so in the next of the couple months. When we begin reporting you will see us appear on the bureau and it will build your payments history. Also, once your account is paid in full we can provide you with a complete account transaction statement and an MDG Client Evaluation letter from our Finance Department detailing your history an excellent MDG client. You will be able to submit your statement along with the letter to demonstrate your ability to make payments when due to the credit bureau.
audreonnaw
2/18/19

Believe to be scam contracts aren't official and customer service doesn't answer phones and adds additional charges.

Response from Ivana V., MDG Representative
Hey,
we are a legit company with long experience. By completing the contract online, everything is provided to you and there are no hidden/added fees. We're working hard to provide the best service and we're sorry if you had difficulties to reach out to us! We need some information to locate the account and follow up. We've sent you a private message.
rubbenm
2/18/19

MDG explains everything in detail to make it simple for their customer. Apply for MDG and you get your credit approval in seconds as long as you have a bank account. I brought a Lenovo Ideapad 330 17.3" Laptop I7 with 12GB and 1TB, 40" Sumsung TV UHD and a
X Box One S two controller and a free game. With MDG they their customer to the credit bureau. WIN, WIN FOR ALL!!!!!!!

matthews488
2/15/19

At first everything was fine but when it comes to "verifying" and shipping they drag their feet so bad. I was told that my package would be shipped on Monday and i follow up with UPS and they said that they never got the package! Horrible service and will never go through this company again.

Response from Ivana V., MDG Representative
Hi Matthew,
We apologize if this left you with a negative experience but it takes 5-7 business days to receive the order after 1st payment is received and cleared. Also, It takes 24-48 hours to UPS to update tracking number so you can track and follow the order.
amandas483
2/11/19

Customer service is excellent!! This will be my 3rd time ordering from them and have had no issues with them at all. The people who have commented saying that they are not happy with MDG, are just trying to cause problems. MDG is amazing!! I highly recommend you give them a chance!! They do improve your credit as well, which is why I chose MDG in the first place. I honestly couldn't be happier with this company. Thank you so much MDG!!

jessem174
2/4/19

Was approved and first payment was taken.

Then they informed me my proof of address ( a Detailed TFSA breakdown from my financial advisor) was not a valid form of address and need to provide a utlities bill or phone bill. its 2019 and I rent, I get maybe 4 pieces of mail a year because everything is digital.

Customer Service Tried to convience me to keep my account open for 2 months until I "got mail" but why would I wait when other companies will take my documents no problem?

Response from Rheannon S., MDG Representative
Hey Jesse,

Generally for a proof of address we require specific documents for security purposes, seeing that we are a online only company we must take certain precautions when lending to prospective customers. We're sorry to hear that this did not work out!
waleedm10
1/20/19

I bought a $600 worth of laptop and the balance is $2600 with their interest rate everytime I contact MDG to lower the balance as it what it originally, there is no reply neither any changes done to my account, bad customer service. Stay away.

Response from Rheannon S., MDG Representative
Hi Waleed, Thank you for the feedback, we have sent a message to the appropriate department regarding your account. You can expect someone to reach out to you in the next 24-48 hours.
derrickr35
1/18/19

So I wanted a gaming laptop for my son. I stumbled upon MDG and just for $#*!s and giggles I applied. Was shocked to see I was approved for $1900! So I ordered the game laptop which was 1500$ but I got a 200$ discount and it was 1300$. My payments are very low at only 38$ and now I'm just waiting on shipping info. Was just approved and payment was verified yesterday now they say it takes 1-3 business days for tracking and 5-10 business days for shipping. Very happy at this point.

jeremyv30
1/18/19

I love my products, and I really was skeptical, but they took care of me and my order, and I couldn't be happier.

Response from Ivana V., MDG Representative
Thank you for your feedback, we are happy to hear you had a great experience.
sounthonek
1/11/19

I ordered 3 items from MDG. I read some complaints and think most of the people are upset because they did not recieve their order in a timely manner. Impatient maybe, I was beginning to feel the same way, but give it some time, the items will show with shipping status. Now I cannot rate the quality of the products, but for my 4 k tv I have insurance on it just in case. I should recieve my orders all on Friday so I'm pretty stoked! So don't get overly heated so fast for nothing patience is a virtue!

Response from Ivana V., MDG Representative
Thank you for your review, we appreciate the feedback.
rickb269
1/6/19

I Tried to buy a PS4 pro and they told me that they took the money out of my account and it didn't show up .so I called and the told me that they cancelled my orderand I have to wait 3 months to start a new account and it showed in my email that they were going to take the next payment on January 10 2019

Response from Rheannon S., MDG Representative
Hey there! We're sorry to hear that this did not work out for you! We have sent you a message regarding the payment information for some more details!

Hi, We will ship as soon as we verify the information your provided when you applied and weve received your first payment.

By MDG O., MDG Representative

Hi, Ola. To avoid sharing personal information on a public forum, I invite you to contact our sales department at 1-800-906-0976 x 356 (Canada) or x 357 (USA) to have our sales process explained to you in further detail.

By MDG O., MDG Representative

Ordered on Oct 2...recieved less than a week....ordered PlayStation 4...xbox one.anx Nintendo Switch...they came packaged great and products are excellent

By Reba H.

35%... DONT DO IT!!!

By Tuesday P.

They took my first payment oh they where fast at doing that and calling me non stop until they took that payment it took over a month after that around 6 weeks to receive the $#*!tiest couch set I've ever seen!

By Lori I.

Mine came within 6 days...from order to delivery...Remember they have a warehouse in New York which mine was brought UPS....excellent delivery and time frame

By Reba H.

If you got my ID and my voided check why I can't get the product product you want me to give you my check account when you already have my voided check so will you give me the TV TV TV not what you think about that they still want mine bank statement

By Sarah W.

It depends on how many payments they require before shipment. They rightfully ask some people to make several before they ship. They only asked for one from me, and shipped my product within 2 days. It took a little longer to recieve my first order because it was so huge, and the only downside to the shipping is that I live on the 3rd floor and the delivery guy refused to bring the sofas upstairs. I really hurt myself trying to bring it all up. It was in the dead of summer and I felt sick from it as well, MDG should always have their delivery people bring the product upstairs as it was a slap in the face when it arrived and was left on my sidewalk. If I didnt have nice neighbors I rly dont know how i would have gotten it all up.

By Chelsea L.

I set up payment for may 7th.How long after does product shop?

By Kelly b.

Hi, No, as long as you have enough credit available, you can make a new purchase. You can also make additional payment on your existing order to increase your credit.

By MDG O., MDG Representative
Questions? Get answers from the MDG staff and other customers.

21 Photos for MDG