Review of AccuWeather

AccuWeather reviews

Tel: +1-814-237-0309

ernestd25
2/3/19

not very accurate anymore, they already have adds to make money but they need more so every so often pop up adds interrupt you while looking at the forcast.

nunyab65
1/26/19

I will sell my phone because of this piece of trash weather program. The only forecast that I can rely on from this app is that I know that there will be freezing on my phone. I get a better forecast asking my dog what the weather is going to be today. But if you like ads, then this app is for you. On the other hand if you want the weather forecast, go to the window and look outside. Make a guess. Guaranteed that you will have a better chance of getting it correct than this useless excuse for weather information.

louv19
1/22/19

The Accuweather app is terrible. All I get are ads and pop-ups, can't get the actual weather under all the ads. I will be reinstalling it and shopping for a user friendly weather app.

stephens476
1/22/19

I understand funding a site with advertising, but really! Pop ups on the radar that cannot be closed... ad's between every piece of pertinent weather info! You should rename your site "Billboard"... I'm done with you. Apparently you haven't listened to any of the other reviews, pretty sure mine will get as much attention

andreah201
12/28/18

I used to love this for radar information. Recently they have added adds that pop up on the screen with no option to close them.

tomp324
12/21/18

The adds on my Mobil phone are unbelievable. They always cover content. I like the weather forecast they provide but I can't take the adds that cover my weather. I try to close some out and they won't close.

blusboyk
12/17/18

Not bad with the weather but constantly stops working - prob. Trying to get people to buy the deluxe version - weather ch. Always works and is free and accurate

dhakeh
12/12/18

This is an overhyped site. Every thing they report on weather is far off from actually is. Google should not show them in search. See bbc weather instead.

danm426
12/5/18

The one that came on my LG phone is not accurate on temperature, hourly, and is not that easy to navigate. I love to delete it, but it is permanent on the phone. There are much better weather apps out there.

paulw563
12/1/18

I wrote in months ago saying it should be called inaccuweather. Well, excuse me, Theyre not useless, they use a code. Similar to BBC forecasters. As I sit here, rain running down my window, waiting to walk my dog. I checked accuweather for a laugh. No precipitation for at least 120 minutes. Ahh I thought. So. Rain means dry. No precipitation means constant (heavy) rain. And cloudy means 100% chance of rain, unless it stays dry. Maybe. So, there we go. All sussed. By the way, that no precipitation is getting heavier

paulb739
11/25/18

Accuweather.com is the worst weather website ever. A general misnomer, they are not accurate whatsoever.

davidk747
11/16/18

All last winter I was unable to carry out commitments and plans due to the inaccurate forecasting provided by accuweather. Seem to be off to the same start again this year......and they want to get paid for this???? Has to be a joke.

lorib234
11/4/18

Had the AccuWeather App for a few years, never an issue. Foe 2 mos now, the app just closes upon opening. I have given feedback so many times with no solutions to come my way. Don't waste your time with this app.

sharonb429
10/18/18

Is this site administered by elementary school retards? It is as accurate as a warped rifle barrel. It's laughable and a waste of time. It's unprecendeted and catastophic. Heartbreaking nonsense.

futzu
10/15/18

Whoever designed/runs this website should consider another job. Doesn't work half of the time.. unreliable. In this day and age w awesome technology why is it that you can notvmanage to keep a simple info based mobile app functioning??? Speaks volumes about the company..

johnd1867
9/14/18

AccuWeather is more of an Ad agency than a weather site. Have you ever seen so many ads on one page? It takes forever for the actual weather part of the site to load because it's too busy jamming your screen with as many ads and pop-ups as it can. It's like a billboard with some weather thrown in. Their 90 day forecasts are laughable because they can't ACCURATELY forecast weather in a 24 hour period. Weather is one of my hobbies and I'm looking at the weather 24/7 pretty much. I am always checking their hourly forecast daily and noticed that when the weather turns out different than what they forecast, meaning rain and temperature, they will actually tweak it to agree with current conditions. Pretty shady. I actually live near their headquarters and they can hardly get their own backyard weather right. Maybe they should get a professional weather station like I did 15 years ago. Accudrama fits them well too. Too many articles totally unrelated to weather and now they are touting prescription drugs as if seeing big pharma commercials on TV all day and night isn't enough. Stop the Insanity!

donr81
9/14/18

If you want to know Sunrise and Sunset Times and If it might rain sometime in the next Six Months, this is the site for you. Also, the radar is pretty cool, if you can get it to load on your cell phone. All other information is marginally good at best. The application for the Cell Phone is Slow to load, unstable, and quits often, and that is with the paid for version. When you live in a storm prone region you need good data to make decisions, you will not get it here. Just checked three sites for my location in the hurricane, including the local emergency management resource. All three stated ENE 25-30. "AccuWeather" is predicting SE at 44. Big difference from my point of view.

mimif18
9/12/18

It stinks. Why did Verizon fios drop it? It doesn't even compare to the weather channel. It's the same live coverage repeated over and over again. It really isn't even worth watching. The people aren't good reporters. Accu weather is very disappointing during major weather issues.

jdn3
9/6/18

I tried this site to get away from the worst weather site on the web (weather.com) only to find a glaring bug that keeps popping up on the bottom of the page. Their ad-blocker detector insists I have an ad blocker running, though, I do not. Their ads show up regardless. A lot of sites today are using faulty ad-blocker detection web services from 3rd parties that, simply, do not work.
Other than that, the hourly numbers go from left to right, and is not intuitive to read or use. They should to top to bottom.

johnm2270
8/29/18

I compared Accuweather with other weather companies. I agree no one can be 100% accurate, but it seems to be the most accurate. I compared weatherchannel, weatherbug, darksky, .weatherNation

justink97
8/21/18

16 hours ago it said it was going to rain here all day from 60 to 80% chance from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m....

This morning when I checked it said 80% chance at 4 p.m. ...

It rained for about 5 minutes at 11 not a drop since

This is a daily thing with AccuWeather

dougc113
8/19/18

I've never saw a weather reporting site that is as in accurate as this one. Not only did I trust it to drive two hours to my job, after about 20 minutes into my drive, I was caught in the absolute worse torrential rain that I can remember. Traffic on I94 between Johnson Creek and Milwaukee was at a crawl with many vehicles setting under over passes. AccuWeather stated 30% chance of rain. 30% is a very low number. Not only was my job rained out I was stuck in Pewaukee WI for an additional hour waiting out the storm. Pewaukee is about an hour from where I live. All told, I wasted 20 dollars in gas and 4 hours of driving in extremely dangerous driving conditions. Never again will I use this app. It also sucked my battery dry on my phone multiple times. I couldn't figure out how my battery was dying on my drive to a little north of Milwaukee from Janesville WI. I changed my settings on my phone and it would tell me that AccuWeather app was emitting multiple errors. My phone settings put the app asleep until I had time to delete it. Junk weather forecast and extremely heavy ads. I only look at AccuWeather to see how wrong they are compared to other weather apps I use. I looked up the reviews tonight to warn others to avoid this site at all costs. Junk, Junk, Junk. It's telling me that there's a 67% chance of rain in my work areas tomorrow when in fact the local weather is saying a 100%. I won't be going to work tomorrow

emilyb241
8/8/18

I use the app/ website almost everyday so I know if its going to rain or snow. Of course its not 100% accurate, no weather app/website is though.

howardj41
8/3/18

This app constantly gets it wrong. I can look out the window for more accurate forecasts. I have several apps for weather and this one is all on its own, temperature, wind speed, forecasts, never the same as others. When I am told it will rain in 20 minuets, that means go out side, you may see some clouds, but if you check other apps there is nothing about rain. I am listening to pounding rain outside, accu weather says rain expected in 90 minuets.

leeanneb4
8/3/18

Said 0% chance of rain and have now been in a torrential downpour for more than an hour and doesn't look like it will let up any time soon. This isn't the first time - in fact more often than not. Wish I got paid big bucks to just "guess" at the weather and when I'm wrong just blame on whatever. Any other job, you'd be fired!!!

5 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the AccuWeather staff and other customers.

AccuWeather?