Review of 500px

Toronto, Ontario, CAN
2017 Customer choice award

markw318
8/28/17

Lots of new features were added recently, some of which don't appear to work as expected. I get the impression that new features are not adequately tested before being rolled out. Some new features, such as automatic tagging is very inaccurate and is more of a hindrance than a help. Customer service is slow and on more than one occasion closed my query without resolving it. This is my experience of 500px which has been negative (just in recent times).

marit112
3/15/17

Use their Plus package to get help in my work. It provides with an unlimited number of uploads, which is so great. Very good! Recommend using it!

sandys3
2/21/17

The site is excrutiating to deal with in regards to receiving payment from them when work is sold by them for licensing. There is an inordinate amount of wait time required before the photographer can request payment. My latest example: I was informed that a work of mine was licensed. I waited the obligatory time (I believe it was 45 days) prior to having the ability to request payment. Finally, I filled out a W9 form, requested payment and three weeks later I have still not received payment to my PayPal account. Numerous emails exchanged with their alleged customer service rep "Steph" and as I write this, it is three weeks since requesting payment and no payment has been received. They are simply not worth the aggravation versus the pittance that they pay photographers.

kevinb189
11/23/16

There are so many genies there, the pictures are so wonderful.
I think the one who can create such beautiful pictures must be a great one.
There's only one problem, pictures there could not free download.
I want use some of them as my desktop, but fail.

tassb
11/3/16

They have an unusual rank system with that pulse and other stuff. It's interesting, but doesn't solve the problem of popular vs new accounts, In my opinion its very hard to get to the top even if you are good. Also, there are usually bad photos in the top. Maybe bots were used or something...
But anyway its a great community and has awesome content mostly.

noahy2
3/14/16

I've been a member on 500px for a while now and for some reason, I don't enjoy 500px as much as I used to. I feel like it's all about money now. Maybe it's just me but thought I'd put it out there.

amodd
3/7/16

amazing Photography site, i have some Pics on sale but have not earned a single $,
photos posted here have heavy editing on Photoshop etc, site is very heavy in term of memory and bandwidth, but its worth the experience

rupertv4
2/5/16

Good photographers, but they push to sell stock and have not sold $1 on my account. I do see they say a lot of sales are done, but still waiting to see on my account any action

jacoba22
10/7/15

Need some inspiration? Visit 500px. This site became for me an everyday place ti review. Tones of pleasure and ideas.

lesleyh9
10/7/15

Love this site for its great photos. Just simple reviewing helps me to cheer, get aesthetic pleasure.

remcod5
1/2/15

Yes it has nice photographs, and it is a pleasure to visit.
Are photographs sold and what is the experience?
The feedback is fluffy and cute and lacks the depth I have experienced on photosig.com (with all its limitations).
Is this site a show pony for the better photographers?

seanb39
11/22/14

I will second this website being one of the best around for both shooting tips as well as the community. It is a great community of photographers who are all very helpful in sharing tips. Even if you are not local to the bay area, US or WW, they are always available to help. I like how it is a smaller community and not overrun with spammers like on other sites.

kellyd26
5/21/14

if you want to see amazing photography this is a great place to start. I only found it recently so I'm still finding my way around but so far, I love it. Great images and it's possible to buy images if you like them. Worth checking out I think.

barneyl
2/21/14

Newish photography site for photographers. The quality of the photos on this website are superb and beyond that of flickr. Few amateurs and most are semi pros or pros. The down side of this website is that I believe as of now if you upload a photo it belongs to 500px. I could be wrong but that is how it seems to me. They are working on making this a stock photography website and I have read online that they will give photographers a good split and sell photos for more than a dollar like they do on istockphoto. I am hoping this website takes off but I feel like they need to make it more clear to us photographers how our images will be used and how much we can make from selling them both now and in the future. I think the best part of the site is being able to follow really good photographers and seeing your feed full of quality images. Their mobile 500px app is also pretty good.

zhanga1
7/30/13

It is a fabulous website.
There are so many genies there, the pictures are so wonderful.
I think the one who can create such beautiful pictures must be a great one.
There's only one problem, pictures there could not free download.
I want use some of them as my desktop, but it could not. :(

12 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the 500px staff and other customers.

500px?