US Government's NSF

1st Review:
annabell

579 Reviews for Zulily.com

Review Highlights

It was received into the post office from UPS on 6-18-11.

Invited friends and family in order to get store credit.

My grand-daughter will probably not fit in the shoes by the time they come.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

3/27/12

Registered and ordered three items, via PayPal, for daughter on the 4th of March, 2012, for the first time, checked Paypal and transaction was completed. Checked Zulily account on the 8th, stated "Items are in transit to Zulily" (Ok), checked account again the 16th, stated "Items are in transit to Zulily" (Huh?), checked on the 20th, stated "Your order is confirmed." (WTF), the order status went backwards. Sent two e-mails making a simple request - Cancel order and refund payment. Received two automated e-mails stating will get back to me as soon as possible. On the 24th opened a dispute claim against Zulily through PayPal's resolution center and escalated it. On the 27th, they've cancelled the order, but have not issued a refund. Will keep Paypal (PP Buyer Protection is awesome by the way!) updated, and Site Jabbers.

3/27/12

I ordered 3 outfits for my neice's baby on 3/13/12. They have not been received by Zulily as of 3/23/12 and I am not expected to get them till after Easter. At this rate the clothes won't fit the baby. I told them I could never recommend them to anyone due to how long it takes to get the merchandise.

3/26/12

Time to get products is obviously poor - I understand they are the "middle men" but I've ordered from other severely discounted webpages before and not had to wait 3-4 weeks to receive my order. I've tried three orders - and all have had difficulties with the products. One was mislabeled as being a current season product - but when it came it was last season's (and was being sold at the same price by the designer's webpage). Another was the wrong size - came as an infant size when a 12-18month was ordered. Another came missing several buttons. The last problem is obviously the manufacturers fault........but again, I've never had this difficulty with RueLaLa or other discounting webpages.

3/26/12

I will not buy from this site again because of its no return policy. Some of the sizes are very small and I do not like the quaility of the clothes,

3/23/12

Horrible site! don't get deceived by all the fancy promotion they do everyday on their site! I ordered 5 items within a week,it's been almost a month I still haven't received the shipment. I ordered it believing the items would be delivered on time before our travel, but had to make alternate arrangements. If zulily does not streamline their logistics, it won't stay in business for long..

3/21/12

It's pretty bad. They have adorable things, but shipping takes FOREVER!!!! and is not even free. Literally, order a size up if you plan to get kids things because you can expect close to month. And even when you think it's on its way because you see a UPS tracking number, they have requested that UPS transfer it to USPS for local delivery. So it takes even more time. And I live in Philadelphia (center city) so there is no reason it would be easier for USPS to deliver. That, and there are no returns. This is basically a big drop shipping company, and it's SOOO not worth it. Shop elsewhere!

3/16/12

The worst experience I have ever ever had ordering online from a company..they advise you not to call customer service.. Well big surprise.. Just read the reviews. Why oh why didn't I read the reviews before I ordered a bunch of stuff. They are pathetic, seriously. Ordered a month ago, and got half of one order and they stuff was awful..cheap and cheesy..nothing like the cute in you look at . I am going to report to BBB they are the worst.

3/15/12

I haven't had as bad an experience as other people, that is, I've ordered from them a few times but haven't had anything I've needed to return. However, the person who said order things a size bigger because your children will have grown by the time you get it was spot on. Seriously, if they want to stay in business they've got to get it together to use another mail service. Expect to wait as much as five weeks for something to get to you. Cute stuff, expensive brands pretty cheap, but I just can't wait for stuff like this. I'd rather pay more and get it sooner. The shipping and handling charge is as much for other companies that ship within a day or two, and you get it within a week, such as Crazy 8.

3/12/12

Terrible customer service. I had ordered from Zulily before and understood that it would take awhile. However, this was taking longer than acceptable (15 business days and they hadn't even gotten it from the supplier) so I emailed to cancel the order. And I emailed again. Never a response. Miraculously, the "dashboard" suddenly showed that the order was received from the supplier and allegedly sent to me (still haven't received it). I'll never order from them again.

3/5/12

I understand how zulily works, and I wouldn't mind wating at least 14 business days for items to ship, but they use the slowest shipping method ever. Shipping should be free if they are going to use this super slow method, or the customer should be able to choose another shipping method since you are paying for it.

3/4/12

I bought a cute baby blanket at zulily for a baby shower gift. It was in a sealed bag with a hanger and it looked beautiful, it looked like an expensive blanket. I took it out of the bag to wrap and the other side looked horrendous. It looked ragged, pilled, like an old blanket. It looked like something out of goodwill. They made one side beautiful and completely cheaped out on the other side. I don't understand how they can sell such shoddy items. I had to immediately go to a baby boutique and buy something more suitable. I'm so glad I looked at the other side of the blanket, I would have been mortified if I had given this as a present.

2/26/12

I have ordered from them several times just like everyone else has; my first order was very cute fleece like waist length jacket. I received it rather quickly but the quality was very poor, the pockets came with holes in them! My second order was a pair of boots: I was so excited to have found this particular pair and would be able to wear them for winter (and let me just say my winter is literally for a split second, if at all,) so I ordered them at the beginning of December and almost 2 months later they arrived!!! Needless to say, they will sit in my closet until next year since our winter is over and we're back in the 80's! When shipping says 10 -14 business days you should actually double or triple that time; at least that way when it comes sooner you will be surprised. I really like the idea of this site but do not like the way they handle things.

2/25/12

Great prices, true. Horrible service...and I mean horrible. It takes forever and ever and ever to get your items.

One time I contacted them THREE MINUTES after I placed an order because the delivery address was not listed correctly on the confirmation...it was right when I placed the order. I was told they would get back with me THREE WEEKS after I placed the order to say that they had given the correct info to the vendor. Two weeks later it arrived at the wrong address over two weeks after that they e-mailed to say they could not contact the vendor. Sorry.

It is unbelievable how bad their customer service is. Only order with the understanding it will take 5-6 weeks to arrive...and you can't change your order or get a refund.

2/10/12

I never received my item after a month. I had to call them and they told me my order was cancelled. Very disappointed in the experience and will not be using them again.

2/8/12

Awesome!! Just have to say I have never had any issues with this site. I actually was googling Totsy reviews because I have nothing but trouble with them and decided to google Zullily's reviews to see the difference. Very shocked with all the bad reviews, but then again Zullily appears to be a much larger company. Since everyone knows the only people who write reviews are the people who are angry I decided to write a nice one, I have ordered about 10 times and the shipping takes 7-14 days but I have always received all my items and VERY happy! Anyway if you have never ordered from this site I suggest you try it, well worth your money. If you plan on buying a gift, though, buy it in advance! Once again VERY HAPPY customer!

Veteran Reviewer
1/30/12

Saw a sale, bought the product, received the product within Zulily's stated timeframe. What's not to like? I saved over 75% on the normal retail price and the product was exactly as ordered and in perfect, new condition.

I will definitely use Zulily again.

If you have questions about shipping times please see my post in the Q&A section for Zulily.

1/28/12

I placed on order on January 2, 2012. It took over 22 days to receive it. The tracking number was for UPS but I finally found the package at a post office in another city. Zulily explained that it take 10 days to process an order...that is absolutely ridiculous...generally I received my orders from other vendors before Zulily has ever processed one.

1/16/12

I have to echo the other reviews I've read here. Terrible customer service and ludicrous shipping delays. I inquired as to why my order was going on three weeks before even being "transferred" to Zulily for shipping to me and they just vaguely blamed it on the manufacturer. A week later, I received an email that they'd be unable to fulfill my order (took that long to learn that??) and offered me $10 as compensation. Hilarious since their basic rate shipping is $6. Thanks for the big $4 "credit," Zulily. Don't bother with this site, it's not worth it.

1/16/12

Never again! The order took FOREVER to arrive. When it finally did it was absolute junk. I purchased girls' dresses that were allegedly priced at $60-80 each for a sale price of $20 each, thinking I was getting a bargain. What a joke. The dresses looked like something off the dollar store rack. The fabric was thin and had a rough texture. The lace was incredibly shabby and cheap. I'll never buy from Zulily again.

12/29/11

Although I am not as enthusiastically angry right now as some other reviewers were when they left their comments, I still very much feel their pain. Zulily really rides the "scam" line. You think it's great to pay 40-50% off on some really nice items, but the headache of the transaction is really not worth the savings. Trust me. Find coupons or wait until the actual company has a close-out or clearance.

My story is so extremely similar to almost every other negative review here (hm, coincidence?). I had been a member of the site for months before I decided to purchase anything. There was a nice sale on some Crocs, so I decided to pick up two pair - one for myself, and one for my son. A month after I placed the order, I decide to email customer service as I had not received the shipment, nor any notification that it was on its way. I was originally told the items would be shipped in 10-14 business days. The customer service rep emailed me back and so poignantly reminded me that it is "business days". And just like most everyone has said here, that translates into about 3-4 weeks. And you pay something like $8 for shipping, too! (What a rip!) Anyway, that would be one thing, and I can honestly say that I wouldn't totally mind that if you actually received the items, etc. What's interesting is that they process the transaction (i.e. take your money) right when you order the items, not when they ship them. (Like I said, painfully close to the scam line here.) Now here's the kicker, I wait about 5-6 weeks before I receive one pair of shoes, my son's. Great. Finally. Thank you. (And as most people have said - yes, by the time we finally received them, he had nearly outgrown them.) But now where are the other shoes I purchased? I had gotten the habit of checking my order status daily by now, so I sign into my account to see that the other shoe order's status was "canceled". Weird, I never received notice of that. So I emailed customer service once again. A response came back, assuring me that my order was not canceled. Another few days go by and I receive an email from customer service. "Unfortunately" they were not able to obtain the shoes I originally ordered so they were sending me a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT pair. Really? Who the hell does business this way? So I can order something, pay for it immediately, wait a quarter of a year and THEN find out that they can't give it to me and thus send me something completely different? That's gambling, basically, and nowhere on their site am I told that that is how my money/order would be handled. I responded back to this email with just about the same tone I am using here. They apologized and did refund my money and even said I could keep the (really ugly) replacement shoes that were being sent to me. I was surprised at this since they clearly state that your order is non-refundable. So they get one star for responding to my emails in a timely manner and actually resolving matters (for the most part). But overall, buyer BEWARE. Steer clear of this company unless you actually enjoy frustration.

12/27/11

I'm not a big reviewer of anything, but my two experiences with Zulily compelled me to actually seek out a place online to warn potential customers before ordering from this sham of a site.
Basically, I had the same experience as everyone else here that left a negative review: LOOOOONG shipping times, missing items with no warning, hard to get refunded (even on items that I never received), HORRIBLE customer service (once I finally got a refund it was for a product I never ordered, which was also cheaper--how convenient), etc, etc.
I really wanted to like this site. I sent it to all my family members in anticipation of my first child. I have since sent everyone I know emails telling them to never order from Zulily.
Save yourself a lot of headaches and avoid Zulily.com

12/24/11

Absolutely horrible! @#$#@ I ordered my gifts on December 7th from them, it was supposed to arrive for Christmas. Did it, no, will it arrive before next year! Noooo, will they refund my money...NO!!! Did it finally ship out after I contacted them yesterday. Miraculously yes!! Now I don't have money to throw down the drain, but I have no Christmas presents for my family members now and have to run out and get some cheap fillers as my budget is blown. I told them that, they said chuck you farley! Well you know what I mean. They are horrid and so far my order is due to arrive sometime around January 5th according to the tracking number that I've received. They are SOOOOO WRONG!!! Protect yourself, don't order. I will also do a follow up review once my order is received to see what quality the merchandise is and how it arrived. So upset!

12/23/11

The velour outfit from Strawberry Shortcake, was pure junk-not fit for the thrift store,where someone else might get stuck with it, and the jacket from another manufacturer was so obviously an irregular. The coloring from the outer surface had bled through to the lining in one place.
I am finished with them.

12/22/11

I ordered a gift for my grandaughter 3 weeks before Christmas with the site advertising "delivery before Christmas." It took more than two weeks for it to ship from Zulilly. It was delivered from UPS to the post office five days ago and there it sits. I paid all this money to have it delivered from UPS! Why is it sitting in the post office? There is no way that my granddaughter will get this for Christmas. I have emailed Zulilly and have received no response from them. Theri customer service sucks. I will never order from this company again.

12/22/11

I ordered Christmas presents for my girls 3 weeks before Christmas. 3 DAYS before Christmas I get an email saying sorry for the inconvenience but we aren't shipping you your item at all. You'll get a refund within a few days and a paltry $10 credit towards another purchase. We go out of town and stay with family for Christmas so I shop online and have items sent there. This is the first time I've used zulily, After getting this message I called to find out what has and hasn't arrived at my family's home and apparently only half has come. Hopefully the rest arrive in time and Christmas won't involve me explaining to my daughters why its a bad idea to trust shipping times online and to order months and months in advance if you want something!!

12/19/11

I have placed four orders in the last month. FIVE of my items were cancelled, and I had to call customer service to find out about 3 of the cancellations. Frustratin condsidering They were all Christmas gifts. Soo unprofessional to say you have something an then 4 weeks later your customer finds out they aren't gettin it!!! I now have to transfer funds, wait for money to be in my account, and go shopping... A few days until Christmas. They need to close and reopen when they are ready to run a business properly.

12/19/11

Absolutely Awful! I have never typed a review in my life but Zulily is the worse company to ever order from! I received an email guaranteed by Christmas. Two weeks later I did not receive the purchase and was told I guess it is not the items you purchased. Even customer service told me they are awful with shipping. I ordered prior this and received my order 2 months later and was told itmes should ship within 12-14 days but they have no control over this. I though mistakes happened so placed my xmas order and twice I am VERY upset!

12/19/11

They advertised in thier Canada's website that guaranteed on time shipping before Christmas. So, I ordered Christmas gifts for all my nieces and nephews and found out few days before Christmas that my order will not be arrived on time. I got a "Big" apology from their customer service person. I will guarantee them I will not order from them ever again and will tell everyone I know not to order from them as well. Let see if Zulily can take advantage of Canadian any more!

12/17/11

Be sure you know your labels. I ordered from MishMish - Mish Boys through Zulily. The quality is AWFUL. I truly overpaid for outfits that I can't even give to the thrift store. Cheap cheap cheap. As with other reviewers shipping was very slow. a real disappointment. and no returns/refunds.! awful!

12/7/11

I have been shopping at Zulily since June 2011. Since then I have placed 20 orders so far. I mostly shop for my 4 & 1/2 yr old daughter (clothes, shoes, books, toys). Out of all the orders placed so far, Zulily cancelled only one for unavailability. But then they made up for it by offering me a $ 10 store credit. One of my recent orders was for a handbag, They sent me a wrong style. I complained via email. They responded promptly by refunding the full price of the bag. Plus they offered me a $ 10 store credit by way of an apology & also let me keep / donate the bag that I'd received. All the stuff I ordered so far were all excellent quality. No regrets at all. I found them very professional in their customer service. I do wish though the shipping was faster. But I guess thats how it works for flash sales sites. I just plan ahead & order a size up. I do not order stuff I may need soon. I will continue to shop at Zulily & also recommend this site to my friends.

12/6/11

It's a good thing I didn't read the reviews before I placed my order or I would not have ordered from Zulily. My first order was 2 pair of Aerosole shoes and my 2nd order was a coat. Loved both items, all were true to size. It states on the page that it takes 10 to 14 days to ship. So I really wasn't expecting the orders for about 3 to 4 weeks. Going in with that mind set, I wasn't disappointed.

11/26/11

I wish I had the opportunity read the reviews on this site before ordering from Zulily on the advice of a friend. While it appears they have "really great deals" on paper, you really need to consider if the wait and potential for disappointment are worth the so-called "bargain". I ordered 4 items 2 weeks ago, and just received an e-mail saying 2 of my 4 items aren't available, and the other 2 are still in line for being packaged and shipped. I'm hoping I receive them before I'm supposed to gift them at Christmas time, but I'm not holding my breath since it's more likely that I'm going to receive another e-mail telling me my other items also aren't available. In the meantime, I've already purchased backup gifts for those two members of my family. In this day and age, that sort of turnaround time is absolutely unacceptable.

Then they try to give me a $10 credit at the website - like I'm really going to EVER use them again. No thanks, guys.

11/20/11

Never Again!!! I have now been waiting months for my entire order and the status on the website says STILL that part of it will be shipped in 2-3 weeks! Part of the order arrived yesterday with the top and no bottoms. I wonder if I ever see those?!? There are so many other online shopping sites. I will never use this one again.

11/19/11

I've ordered from this site dozens of times. The only reason I didn't give a five star review is that the shipping is slow. But given I know that I just order stuff in advance (I am normally ordering a future size anyhoo). I haven't had one bad item (quality) at all in children's clothing and the one women's item I received that was really oddly sized they did accept back with a full refund despite their policy. (I sent them a picture showing that the arms were literally a foot too long).

For shoes and children's clothing I use this site almost exclusively. Occasionally I order housewares or women's items. I'd say that 99% of the time I'm thrilled with the items I receive, but then again I look at brand names carefully so I don't get an off item.

11/11/11

I am a vendor that Zulily solicited for goods to sell. They made me manufacturer over 800 units for them and only offered a portion of them for sale. They have totally screwed my little self-owned company and I wish I had stayed FAR AWAY from them. If you want to support small businesses - don't bother with Zulily!!

11/11/11

Bought a nook pebble mattress. Bought the mattress because for about two hundred less which i thought was a great deal. Well, i just received the item today. Box was damaged on one side and it was taped up. Im like could zulily.com be selling these items for less because these are damaged or defective b stock items. not a very happy customer right now. i wish i should read reviews before i bought from them. Will let you know once i hear back from them

11/10/11

I was a first time customer. Didn't know what terrible reviews zulily had before I ordered. My order came in 4 wks. Needless to say, I will never order again & will delete subscription to my email. Shame on zulily!

11/3/11

My first order took a month to receive and I was disappointed in the quality but thought it was just a fluke and ordered again. Wrong!!!! I have received 3 of the 6 items I ordered in mid October and every item has been just plain crappy! The stuffed rocking chair horse was super cheap looking and the sound did not work, the outfit I ordered for a very skinny 7 year old girl came with a skirt that was too tight even on my 1 year old toddler and a top that was too big on the 7 year old. And, Zulily had advised me that there had been a fabric change on the skirt from a chennile to flannel--I wish I had canceled then because the flannel is thin and cheap and looks like left-over night gown fabric from a dollar store. The third item was from the manufacturer Nanette--I used to be a department store girl's buyer and am very familiar with the brand and this dress DOES NOT LOOK LIKE NANETTE despite the label--it has to be a second or special make. So disappointed--the web site pictures look so good but obviously the the quality is lacking. I am deleting their daily emails and advising friends not to make purchases from Zulily.

10/28/11

Placed 1st order on 10/8 and two other orders a few days later. Have received nothing as yet but credit card bill of $152 which I've already paid reluctantly. Now I find this site and read these horrible reviews. These are Christmas gifts but I wonder if they will even be worth given after reading all this. I feel sick!!!! Work hard for my money and certainly don't wish to share it with a company of this type.

10/27/11

After reading the reviews I was like omg I should have never ordered..#$*(!! So Yesterday I finally received my package 3 weeks later, which is no big deal because it clearly states on the website the method of placing orders, wait time 2-4 weeks. I am completely in love with the lil cowboy boots I bought my lil girl, they don't fit her but they are adorable. I went directly to the manufacture and they are $30 !! I got them at Zulily's for $10. I love this website, I've already placed 3 orders today plus you are only charged shipping once a day !! **When ordering for infants just order a bigger size!!

10/25/11

I love this site!!! Read terms and conditions regarding shipping. With this in mind I only order bigger sizes for my baby. I've made multiple orders with them & I am pleased. I've also had concerns and customer service responded with all my concerns addressed.

10/24/11

This is by far the worse shopping website. I recommend people not to shop from them ever because there is a chance that you will never receive your order and the customer service is incompetently arrogant ! It seems they have tied up with vendors who are living on another planet so there is no communication between the zulily and the vendor.

10/24/11

Update: just realised one of the shirts has a masisive hole in the sleeve seam. Thankfully i know how to sew, so i can fix it. But i can't believe they ship this stuff out and expect happy customers! Lowering my review to one star...

It took me almost TWO MONTHS to receive my entire order. The first shipment came about 5 weeks after I ordered, which they sent me the wrong sizes. Thankfully though they were bigger so I can use them later as my daughter grows so I didn't have to get involved with customers service. I was still missing a shirt, and I got it two weeks later. Really, I don't understand why shipping takes so long. And I got. The wrong size, but luckily I can still use it later. I won't be buying from them again due to how long shipment takes, and the instability of customers service. It's just NOT worth it to save a few bucks!

10/20/11

If you are planning gifts for Christmas you should order them in June. Seriously.. I bought a few times from this website and each time one or more items were cancelled due to shortage in supply. Not once my order has arrived within the promised time frame which originally it was 10-14 business days now the rules have changed and it says 2-4 weeks. Most of all the customer service is terrible after speaking with Amanda she advised me that I should checked my account status and she was just very rude confirming that in fact I won't be receiving my order in time. Not once I heard an apology for any inconvenience that this delay may have caused me. I will not order from this side. But beware request a credit refund not a store credit !

10/19/11

I placed my order on 9/21/11, it's 10/19 and it STILL hasn't arrived. When I tracked the shipment, it says completed, but upon further looking into the shipping method, it says that the UPS package was transferred to the local postal carrier for delivery.

I contacted Zulilly a week ago and they apologized for the inconvenience and offered free shipping for my next order. Although this was a nice gesture, I don't want to have to experience this headache again. I will not be ordering from them again.

10/15/11

Terrible experience. I waited a month and never received item. I emailed them, got a swift response, but was told it would be 3-5 business days before they could answer my email.

10/14/11

Order about $400 worth of clothes through Zulily and here are my complaints about this site:

1. The order does take a long time before your receive them; approximately 1 month.
2. From our experience, we ordered an item and can be cancelled at anytime. In this case, of the 15 items we ordered, they decided to cancel two items. One we got notified and the other we did not know about. We are still waiting for our refund.
3. We received two of the same item even though we only ordered one and we did not received one item that was ordered. This a was a bit irritating! Not worth shipped back since it will cost us money to ship back to them.

In summary, it can be a crap shoot ordering stuff from Zulily. So if your the gambling type, go ahead and order from them and hopefully, you get what you order; you just have to wait a while to get it. I don't think that I will gamble again with these guys!!!

10/14/11

I ordered a raincoat and the fitting boots on August 30th. I waited till October 4th to cancel it since the website just showed me in transit to zulily ( not even to me!!!). I had contacted costumer service around the 27th of Sept. to get an update but I just got an generic answer back after 3days. Cancelling took my 3 emails and a posting on their facebook page. Now I checked my account and got 2 days ago 13.99 from an 50 Dollar order refunded ?? Wow, this website is horrible. I will never order from them again. This was my first and last time and I surely willt ell everyone to stay far far away from it.

10/14/11

I have ordered twice. The first was a Thomas the Train wooden set. It came with 6 engine pieces and 1 of them played music. It also came with a nice wooden box we can use for storage. Comparing to Walmart, it was about $65 of train pieces for $28. Awesome!

The second time I ordered, I was able to cash in one of my $15 referral credits towards 3 pairs of jeans. They arrived in less than 3 weeks. I paid $11 for each pair.

Shipping is slow. You just have to plan ahead. The jeans I bought were for next year, I buy everything in advance for the best deals. If you don't get all torked up about the shipping time, you can snag a great deal.

10/14/11

Responded to ad for "Grandkids Clothes, $9.00". Figured it was worth checking out site, especially sales in this economy. Immediately shunted to registration, and the first questions is "Are you an American citizen?" I am, but why would that factor in their registration process?? Registered anyway, and then find there is no way to access any sale merchandise. Classic bait and switch. Add that to suspicious registration process and many reports of late deliveries and poor customer service, and I am "un-registering".

About Zulily
Specialties & Business Description
Zulily is a daily deals site for moms, babies and kids which sells clothes, shoes, toys, products for the home.
Meet the Business Representative