US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyh60

I sent Zulily customer service a polite email, attaching relevant screen shots. (in 363 reviews)

erikal10

Zulily places a mass order from their suppliers when they get enough orders from customers to do so. (in 1,457 reviews)

angelac28

They will only give store credit minus 'delivery' fees. (in 118 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

socaly
10/5/15

The variety is good but the sizing is never accurate. Since things can't be returned that's a problem. Prices are ok though not always - I usually search Amazon to see if I can do better. The shipping time is maddening! If you don't care when the items arrives - it's usually about a month - then maybe it won't be an issue. I have ordered "ready to ship" and still it takes too long. They should at least do free shipping to make up for the terrible delay. Again the variety is good but that shipping time is a deal breaker so I'm done shopping with them.

avb
10/4/15

Three red flags: 1. There are no reviews of any product they sell, 2. Items are available for a limited time, 3. Most items are final sale.

Any one of these would be risky for a consumer, but together they mean that the company has a window through which it can sell volumes of low quality goods to customers who can't warn anyone or get their money back, and then discontinue them before bad sentiments start building up. The fact that they take ages to ship anything actually ensures that any bad feelings come after an item is discontinued anyway.

I realized this after ordering a dress that was surprisingly poor quality: extremely cheap material, shapeless, and with obvious flaws. It was $40, but you'd be unsurprised to see something like it at a dollar store. There was nothing in the shipping info or emails about returns, and on receipt I realized it was a final sale. Well, at least I could leave a bad review, right? Nope. They are not Amazon. Once they have their money, they are done with you.

misse9
10/4/15

I ordered clothes for Fall. That was almost 4 weeks ago... And you would only see the Estimated delivery time after paying. I wanted to cancel my order when I learned it would take almost a month to be delivered, but I was thinking refund might take even longer so I just decided to wait.
My orders were even divided into two different packages. I was thinking of saving my review till I get my stuff. But either way, I'll still say... And I'm saying it now.. I'LL NEVER ORDER FROM ZULILY AGAIN!

robertab11
10/3/15

It took weeks and weeks to get my order which came in three different deliveries although I ordered it all in one order. Customer service number is a joke! Never again.

jessicam137
10/2/15

I order off here all the time & haven't had any problems until just recently. I ordered a big fluffy tutu for my daughters 1st birthday and when it arrived it was ripped in the front. I had to safety pin it up. People asked where I got it from and I said Zulily. Now everyone things the site is junk. Maybe zulily should inspect what they send out before they send their items. I was pretty disappointed

dim245
10/2/15

Pure and utter rubbish. They ignore emails, cannot contact via telephone. You are kept waiting for weeks but the money is taken immediately from your card!! Dreadful stitching and they use the cheapest material. The outfit looks nothing like the photos, only fit place for their stock is the rubbish bin..........DON'T BE CONNED...........GO ELSEWHERE. I have given 1 star as I had to. Given the choice I would do MINUS 100 stars!!

robinr36
10/1/15

I ordered some jeans for my daughter. they were shipped to me and then the shipping info just stopped...not delivered but not returned. I tried customer service and they were rude and not helpful at all. its been a month and no product no refund and no help. never order from them ever!

dawnd25
10/1/15

I ordered a ready to ship item because I had ordered before and it took forever to receive it. They said 2 day shipping! Well I ordered on Saturday 9/26 and now its Thursday October 1st and still no shipment. Estimated shipment arrival date is Monday October 5th?????

zeep1
9/30/15

I saw boots for toddlers from Carters price 34.99 Canadian I went into Carter's store and got it for $30 1 plus you have to pay for shipping so it's not a deal at all please shop around before you order because there are better deals out has any one noticed the same thing

kerid2
9/30/15

I ordered from this site and it does take a month to get your order not to mention that the size medium shirt I bought could fit my 8 year old Daughter! The boots I ordered had extremely large calfs on them and the medium jeggings were more like an xs. Not worth the wait and false advertisement.

terib4
9/28/15

I've received nothing I've ordered in the last 30 days !!!

lorit20
9/28/15

I have ordered several times from Zulily. I needed to return jeans that were much smaller than the size indicated. Zulily allowed me to return them. I received store credit which I was able to use. I won't order pants from them because the sizes can be unpredictable. I feel more confident ordering tops, dresses, & home goods. I once waited for an item that was eventually cancelled. They gave me the option to keep waiting or get my money back. I chose the money. This has happened when I have ordered from other stores as well. The biggest thing to considered is that delivery can take quite a long time. This can be frustrating but it is part of the deal. Don't order something that you need in a timely fashion. You get what you pay for quality wise.

jeank12
9/27/15

I have ordered several items now from Zulily and every single one has been too small! The size guide given is totally innacurate - the corresponding USA sizes are not correct! I ordered a size 12 USA dress (size16 UK )equivalent and it fitted my daughter who is a UK 10! Too much hassle sending things back as there is not a straightforward returns system and items have to be got back to the US.
Waste of time and i shall not be ordering again - quality nothing special either!
Very disappointed!

jeanninek1
9/27/15

The quality of most of the clothes are terrible.I have been so disappointed and due to the no return policy, I refuse to spend $80 for something that "Might" fit. No thanks, heading to the mall and will spend a bit more for quality and the option to return the item if i need to. I do not have the perfect body or narrow feet to spend all that money in the hopes it fits right even if the quality on some items is good.

I wouldn't doubt the five star reviews are people paid to do the reviews

marilynb28
9/27/15

Rubbish site they admitted some things were plastic copy's
How are they allowed to do this

melissab81
9/26/15

Please don't spend your money on this site. I am regretting everything I purchased. The quality of fabric is horrible. Even if it fit, I couldn't wear it. The sizing is way off. I ordered a size 12 month onsie for my granddaughter who is four months old. It was cotton, so I ordered it large to account for shrinkage. So much for that idea. It's already too small before laundering it! And my gray print dress--it came as Dollie and Me Matching Outfit size 6 in children's. It was supposed to be shipped to Mary and Michigan--just a few states away. These guys are incompetent and have inferior products.

suellenk
9/25/15

Ordered a dress & shirt & had to correct the defects & sew it back together myself. Could not believe the very poor quality of both items. You get what you pay for!!!!

mashae
9/24/15

Great customer service and very good product. I had some issues with sizes, but customer service was great. thank you

jackif
9/24/15

well I had a great interest until I read reviews, I guess I will shop the old fashioned way....wow!

jessicah78
9/24/15

I ordered a poncho and waited a month to receive it. USPS sent it back claiming no one lives at my address. I've lived here for 1 year and I have had conversations with my post man (does he have amnesia?). So, my order goes back to zulily and I get no email no notification what so ever from the post office.... Nothing! I find all this out because I call Zulily to find out what's taking so long and they tell me they will resend my package once it is back in their hands. A week later still no package so, I call again and the woman tells me they refunded my money last night for the poncho. What?? Refund? I thought I was getting it reshipped? I told her I will never be shopping with them again. Worst company ever.

brendas48
9/23/15

I recently purchased two items: a tunic and a long cardigan sweater, called a duster. Both are very flimsy and thin. I can wear the tunic, but the "cable knit duster with hood, is unwearable. It is as thin as a shirt, the hood is also very thin, there is no style, and it will not keep me at all warm, which is its purpose. Neither item is returnable, or that "duster" would be going back tomorrow. It wasn't cheap, either. I do not believe it was actually worth the supposed original price. Not buying anything from Zulilly again.

staceyh23
9/23/15

Placed two orders from Zulily about 20 minutes apart. These were my first orders ever from this website. I understand that they are merely drop-ship order-takers, and don't have the merchandise on-site, so it takes a while for them to ship anything. Okay...I get that. So I wait a MONTH for the shoes to ship, and finally get a notification that they'll arrive the next day. Except they don't. Because Zulily, like so many other idiots these days looking for the worst possible experience for their customers, is trying to save every stinking penny and they choose the cheapest, crappiest shipping method: FedEx to the Post Office. Now, we all know how great the post office is (HUGE EYE ROLL). These idiots try to deliver both of my packages to my BUSINESS ADDRESS after 7 p.m., when it's CLOSED. Delivery exception! Customer not available! Day two: Delivery exception! Customer not available! Day three: Same crap! The packages end up going back to Zulily, who claims they never received them. I have to get my bank involved for two separate chargebacks. So, no shoes, I'm out more than $100 for more than two months, and I'm seething frigging angry that I ever decided to $#*! with these people. NEVER AGAIN.

arielk5
9/21/15

I guess everyone has different shopping expectations...but I have never had one single bad experience since my first order in 2012. You have to go into the experience with the understanding that the prices are discounted BECAUSE they place mass orders from other companies and you'll have to be patient when awaiting your goodies. I've never once experienced disappointment with the items I have received or the cost and am always happy to tell my friends all about Zulily. I have been and probably always will be a completely loyal Zulily shopper :) I can't imagine a more spectacular experience with online shopping!

deei6
9/21/15

Been shopping on this site for over 3 years... Great deals and products and just be planning for 3 weeks about for the items.... some ship quicker. If you plan a little ahead for holidays and special events, this is a great way to shop and the friend referral program is great!

virdalet
9/20/15

Ordered sandals. 3 weeks of waiting. Zulily cancelled order. Gave me a refund. Gave me credit for future purchase......credit disappeared when I finally tried to use it. The wait time for delivery is outrageous. Then they can't honor your order. Then give a FAKE credit.

susanl89
9/19/15

I also purchased items that looked cute on their site and were really cheap looking and feeling not to mention it took over a month to ship them to me. - no returns allowed. I will NEVER shop at Zully again or recommend them to anyone! **** BUYERS BEWARE ****

neelar
9/18/15

OK first bad experience O ordered a few tops that looked so cute in photo, when they arrived...cheap, baggy wakeful. Will donate these pieces as they cannot be returned.
Second order....I ordered 2 cute tops.....huge on the bottom...so tight on top I cannot wear them....very irregular sizing, I am not huge breasted or anything ( b cup) Again cannot return so....Not sure what to do with them, expensive dust rages maybe ? Donate to child for a dress ? I am done with zylily, cheap, made in China junk !

kenom
9/18/15

Zulily's shipping policy or procedures are absolutely absurd. I totally agree with Peggi C. They were quick to take my money for the item I purchased, but I'm getting a notification email, a month later, letting me know that my items have NOW been shipped. I won't be shopping from Zulily anymore.

peggic
9/17/15

Terrible shipping policy but they don't mind taking your money immediately even though you SOMETIMES get the merchandise 4-6 weeks later.

francas
9/17/15

The clothes are very poor quality for the money and the sizing is ridiculous! I am usually an AU22 and ordered what they claim to be the equivalent to an AU26-28 (I was happy to have them items too big rather than too small). When they arrived my daughter who is a size 14 could not fit into the tops!
If you are after a website with false advertising and terrible customer service then Zulily is for you!
I am absolutely disgusted with them. My advice to other shoppers....STAY AWAY!

isolac
9/16/15

Zulily has lots of good items and many good deals. However, it is not at all like shopping on any other site. Remember: there are no returns! SO, to get the best out of your Zulily shopping experience, remember the following:

*try to shop for brands you know; you will do best if you are ordering brands you already are familiar with and like. If you don't know the brand, try researching it on the internet and see what customers say about it on other sites.

*if buying clothing, pay special attention to the size chart that is available for each item. Check the size chart closely and be sure you are ordering something that is going to fit. Many items on Zulily run smaller than standard size.

*have a Plan B. Since you cannot return the items, what will you do with them if you don't like the color or if the item doesn't fit? Know in advance what you will do with it. Also, know in advance how much you can afford to spend for something that may turn out to wow you, but may turn out to disappoint. Can you afford up to $10? $20? $50? Think about that first. It is always good to have someone in mind to take your "mis-buys."

*lastly, remember that Zulily has some great items and some phenomenal deals. It is just that everything you buy through them will not be perfect. BUT, Zulily does have good customer service. If something arrives hugely different from advertised or broken or in another material (for instance, if it says 100% cotton, but when it arrives, the label says 100% rayon), then contact Zulily customer service through email or phone. They respond quickly and usually in a case like that, they take the item off your bill. Rather than returning it, they suggest you donate it to charity.

conniew27
9/15/15

why does my order get transferred to so many delivery companies/places, still haven't received my order (coming from fed ex) now tracking is telling me my post office has it,Why fed ex passed my house twice yesterday! Like the items I have already received but I'm glad I don't need my other items for a gift.

marya275
9/14/15

I have been doing business with Zulily for over a year and I am pleasantly pleased at their cust on me servixe. At times I have recipe bed wrong order, or not received my order. Other tomes I have gotten merchandise that sizing didn't first right, other times items were more beautiful than pictured or better than expected. I love their variety and the convienence of ordering. I am extremely pleased!
Mary A

ks104
9/12/15

I just got an email with some beautiful boots for sale. absolutely loved them they were priced around $135. 00, down from over $300.00. I thought what a huge saving. Then I just thought I would check other pricing. WOW what a difference. One website was $150.00 full price for the same boots and then another website had 60% off and was down to $59 for same boots. VERY DISAPPOINTED

maryh118
9/10/15

I love zulily & have ordered many things from them and will continue to do so. However I will watch shipping charges more closely. I was just charged $8.95 shipping instead of the usual $6.95 I normally pay. I called & was not really satisfied with the explanation.

tigerg1
9/10/15

I have never had a problem with this site. In fact, literally everything I have ever bought has fit nigh perfectly, with the exception of a single bra (flimsy) and a pair of leggings (too small). I am plus sized, very tall, with long arms and a curvy shape. It is almost impossible for me to find clothes that fit well, including in more expensive brands (Michael Kors, Tulle, etc). It is so rare to walk out of a physical store with anything that I truly loved and that really fit nicely. Every time I open a package from Zulilly, it is like everything in it was made for me. The pair of jeans I am wearing right now is just out and out perfect. That NEVER happens. As a fat person with very big hips and a small, high waist, getting pants that work and aren't horribly uncomfortable is like finding a unicorn. But Zulilly just keeps giving me unicorns! I am happy with everything I get.

I want to defend them a little bit too: do not buy from any website before you have read and understood the return policy. I read it all before I bought anything and thus the lack of returns and the time it takes to ship were not surprises to me. I don't buy things I need fast from Zulilly because that is simply not what they do. But through them I can get 500$ worth of clothes for 200$. I call that a win. Another strategy is to buy things a size up from what you need so that if it turns out too big you can easily have it tailored down for not very much money.

Tip for consumers: 1) No returns

2) Shipping takes quite awhile

3) Consider ordering a size up if you're concerned

ellenb20
9/10/15

I ordered an item that was never delivered. After 6 days, I contacted Zulily via email to customer service (they never contacted me). Their response was that UPS lost my item. UPS said they never got the item to send. They had already charged me for the item. It has been 2 days since I contacted Zulily and they are saying it will be another 3-5 days to credit me my refund. By the way, the item in question is still showing as available on their web site.

anitad11
9/9/15

I ordered 3 blouses, 2 from one site, 1 from a different site. The blouses look good in the pictures but the fit of the blouses was terrible, too small on one and on the other 2 blouses, when I raised my arm I could see my bra and two inches of skin below my bra. Why were the sleeves made that way? As for the apple slicer, I ordered it because it slices an apple into 12 sections, but when I took it out of the package I could see dried food on it and some rust spots. Customer Service was great in response to my complaint about the apple slicer, I received a refund. As for the blouses, I am donating them, I did not bother complaining because of the no return policy.

robinr33
9/9/15

When I placed my order there was no indication that shipment would not happen for 30 days. In fact, the site indicated to "hurry only 2 left". I wanted these items well before 45 days...30 days to ship and two weeks after shipment to receive. They did indicate they would refund my money

darleneh7
9/7/15

I have never heard of a company that doesn't offer returns of any kind. I recently purchased a bra on Zulily and it didn't fit. They wouldn't take it back or exchange it, even though it was in the original packaging. This is very bad business. I highly recommend that you purchase clothing items at other customer friendly sites.

pamp14
9/6/15

I have bought over 25 items through Zulily in the past year or so, from children's clothing and toys to Crocs shoes. I am not always completely satisfied with my purchases, but neither am I always satisfied when I buy from other retailers. I always read everything carefully and often check prices on other online sites for the same or similar merchandise. It is clearly stated on Zulily's site that the items are not returnable. If a shopper takes the time to research the product they are considering and makes intelligent buying choices, the Zulily experience can be quite safe and financially sound. This is not an Amazon-type of store and does not claim to be. It is quite clear how and when items will be shipped and notifications and package tracking is very accessible. The items come from all sorts or retailers, from major brands to 'unheard-ofs'. So just be knowledgeable. My main praise goes to the customer service. I had 2 packages from Zulily "lost" by the USPS (and a very suspect story USPS gave me about the boxes....another story for another site). I notified Zulily, expecting nothing from them, and was pleasantly surprised when they credited my card for the 'lost' packages and gave me a small credit for future purchases. Just know what you are doing when you shop. I think many of the bad reviews are given as a result of shoppers not knowing exactly the sort of service Zulily offers.

deannah9
9/6/15

This is alllllll Asian sizing that they don't divulge, then try to.call customer service...the phone rings then gangs up....not even an operator. I don't wanna return I want my 173$ back!!! Beware sammydress is the same!!!

susanp70
9/5/15

Although the shipping is slower than molasses in January. Zulily does and outstanding job in notification and never questions the customer. Their prices and quality are amazing. They have a wide variety of things for the home, to children' s clothing.all at excellent prices.

kinseye
9/5/15

I ordered a dress from Zulily and it was the wrong size. I called customer service and they put a full refund on my credit card and when I asked about returning the dress to them, the customer service rep told me to donate the dress to a local charity (e.g. thrift store, goodwill, etc)! How amazing and selfless is this company. Although they only lost about $30, many thriving companies would never even think about donating products that their customers either weren't pleased with, or in my case, just didn't fit. This was my first time ordering from Zulily but most definitely not my last!! Way to go!

rosed36
9/4/15

I bought first time from the company. What they sold me was not even in stock. Yet I paid for it??? Then when I went to check on my order to see when they were going to send it, guess what? nobody home...there phone number was disconnected and I had no way of getting a hold of anybody. Yet they had my money, not for long. I filed a complaint against them, and changed my cc number I don't know who I was dealing with.

brendar35
9/2/15

This is the worst business I've ever ordered from. Sizing is horrible. I sized up after viewing their siz chart, but still items were skin tight. I first thought they didn't know how to size plus sizes, but when I ordered shoes for my granddaughter, they too were too small. I expected them to be too big since could only order a size 10, and she was wearing 9s.....too short and too narrow. The child does not have a wide foot! I have literally put $150 in the trash because of unwearable clothing that I could not return. Zulily is a scam!

monicad16
9/2/15

Ordered a dress. They took my money. I waited three weeks and heard nothing. I inquired. They sent a form letter. I said I wanted to cancel. They sent a form letter. They gave me back everything but shipping. Said shipping money would come in a day or two. Now, don't you think this is a good way for a company to make money doing nothing? Used mine for about a month and gave me nothing!!

carols96
9/1/15

A relative mailed us a box of clothes from Zulily for our young teen. Wow is this stuff garbage! The fabric is so cheap and thin! Junky rayon and polyester made in some sweat shop in Mexico. I'm embarrassed bringing these clothes to Goodwill.

sharont31
9/1/15

I have shopped here almost every week, but this last purchase was the end of it. After not receiving a product I have waited for over a month and having the runaround...that was it. I will take my weekly purchases where I am treated right. They are not willing to communicate to vendors to see why they delay shipments, then they eventually cancel your product...Do not shop here!!!!

bjh6
8/31/15

This company rips off everyone that places an order. They don't tell you until after you place an order that you can't return anything. I ordered 3 dresses. I can only wear one. If you order a size large it might fit someone who wears a small. The quality is sub par. One of the dresses I got is so thin you can see through 4 layers of the fabric! I'd I could give them minus stars, I would give them -100!

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

174 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
5 days ago
Add your answer
1 week ago
Answer
cathyr23
A: Zulily is not a manufacturer. They are a middleman that works with multiple vendors getting a piece of the transactions. They do not inventory that is why it takes years to receive items....
6 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other customers.

34 Photos for Zulily