US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyh60

I sent Zulily customer service a polite email, attaching relevant screen shots. (in 355 reviews)

erikal10

Zulily places a mass order from their suppliers when they get enough orders from customers to do so. (in 1,440 reviews)

angelac28

They will only give store credit minus 'delivery' fees. (in 115 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

isolac
9/16/15

Zulily has lots of good items and many good deals. However, it is not at all like shopping on any other site. Remember: there are no returns! SO, to get the best out of your Zulily shopping experience, remember the following:

*try to shop for brands you know; you will do best if you are ordering brands you already are familiar with and like. If you don't know the brand, try researching it on the internet and see what customers say about it on other sites.

*if buying clothing, pay special attention to the size chart that is available for each item. Check the size chart closely and be sure you are ordering something that is going to fit. Many items on Zulily run smaller than standard size.

*have a Plan B. Since you cannot return the items, what will you do with them if you don't like the color or if the item doesn't fit? Know in advance what you will do with it. Also, know in advance how much you can afford to spend for something that may turn out to wow you, but may turn out to disappoint. Can you afford up to $10? $20? $50? Think about that first. It is always good to have someone in mind to take your "mis-buys."

*lastly, remember that Zulily has some great items and some phenomenal deals. It is just that everything you buy through them will not be perfect. BUT, Zulily does have good customer service. If something arrives hugely different from advertised or broken or in another material (for instance, if it says 100% cotton, but when it arrives, the label says 100% rayon), then contact Zulily customer service through email or phone. They respond quickly and usually in a case like that, they take the item off your bill. Rather than returning it, they suggest you donate it to charity.

conniew27
9/15/15

why does my order get transferred to so many delivery companies/places, still haven't received my order (coming from fed ex) now tracking is telling me my post office has it,Why fed ex passed my house twice yesterday! Like the items I have already received but I'm glad I don't need my other items for a gift.

marya275
9/14/15

I have been doing business with Zulily for over a year and I am pleasantly pleased at their cust on me servixe. At times I have recipe bed wrong order, or not received my order. Other tomes I have gotten merchandise that sizing didn't first right, other times items were more beautiful than pictured or better than expected. I love their variety and the convienence of ordering. I am extremely pleased!
Mary A

ks104
9/12/15

I just got an email with some beautiful boots for sale. absolutely loved them they were priced around $135. 00, down from over $300.00. I thought what a huge saving. Then I just thought I would check other pricing. WOW what a difference. One website was $150.00 full price for the same boots and then another website had 60% off and was down to $59 for same boots. VERY DISAPPOINTED

maryh118
9/10/15

I love zulily & have ordered many things from them and will continue to do so. However I will watch shipping charges more closely. I was just charged $8.95 shipping instead of the usual $6.95 I normally pay. I called & was not really satisfied with the explanation.

tigerg1
9/10/15

I have never had a problem with this site. In fact, literally everything I have ever bought has fit nigh perfectly, with the exception of a single bra (flimsy) and a pair of leggings (too small). I am plus sized, very tall, with long arms and a curvy shape. It is almost impossible for me to find clothes that fit well, including in more expensive brands (Michael Kors, Tulle, etc). It is so rare to walk out of a physical store with anything that I truly loved and that really fit nicely. Every time I open a package from Zulilly, it is like everything in it was made for me. The pair of jeans I am wearing right now is just out and out perfect. That NEVER happens. As a fat person with very big hips and a small, high waist, getting pants that work and aren't horribly uncomfortable is like finding a unicorn. But Zulilly just keeps giving me unicorns! I am happy with everything I get.

I want to defend them a little bit too: do not buy from any website before you have read and understood the return policy. I read it all before I bought anything and thus the lack of returns and the time it takes to ship were not surprises to me. I don't buy things I need fast from Zulilly because that is simply not what they do. But through them I can get 500$ worth of clothes for 200$. I call that a win. Another strategy is to buy things a size up from what you need so that if it turns out too big you can easily have it tailored down for not very much money.

Tip for consumers: 1) No returns

2) Shipping takes quite awhile

3) Consider ordering a size up if you're concerned

ellenb20
9/10/15

I ordered an item that was never delivered. After 6 days, I contacted Zulily via email to customer service (they never contacted me). Their response was that UPS lost my item. UPS said they never got the item to send. They had already charged me for the item. It has been 2 days since I contacted Zulily and they are saying it will be another 3-5 days to credit me my refund. By the way, the item in question is still showing as available on their web site.

anitad11
9/9/15

I ordered 3 blouses, 2 from one site, 1 from a different site. The blouses look good in the pictures but the fit of the blouses was terrible, too small on one and on the other 2 blouses, when I raised my arm I could see my bra and two inches of skin below my bra. Why were the sleeves made that way? As for the apple slicer, I ordered it because it slices an apple into 12 sections, but when I took it out of the package I could see dried food on it and some rust spots. Customer Service was great in response to my complaint about the apple slicer, I received a refund. As for the blouses, I am donating them, I did not bother complaining because of the no return policy.

robinr33
9/9/15

When I placed my order there was no indication that shipment would not happen for 30 days. In fact, the site indicated to "hurry only 2 left". I wanted these items well before 45 days...30 days to ship and two weeks after shipment to receive. They did indicate they would refund my money

darleneh7
9/7/15

I have never heard of a company that doesn't offer returns of any kind. I recently purchased a bra on Zulily and it didn't fit. They wouldn't take it back or exchange it, even though it was in the original packaging. This is very bad business. I highly recommend that you purchase clothing items at other customer friendly sites.

pamp14
9/6/15

I have bought over 25 items through Zulily in the past year or so, from children's clothing and toys to Crocs shoes. I am not always completely satisfied with my purchases, but neither am I always satisfied when I buy from other retailers. I always read everything carefully and often check prices on other online sites for the same or similar merchandise. It is clearly stated on Zulily's site that the items are not returnable. If a shopper takes the time to research the product they are considering and makes intelligent buying choices, the Zulily experience can be quite safe and financially sound. This is not an Amazon-type of store and does not claim to be. It is quite clear how and when items will be shipped and notifications and package tracking is very accessible. The items come from all sorts or retailers, from major brands to 'unheard-ofs'. So just be knowledgeable. My main praise goes to the customer service. I had 2 packages from Zulily "lost" by the USPS (and a very suspect story USPS gave me about the boxes....another story for another site). I notified Zulily, expecting nothing from them, and was pleasantly surprised when they credited my card for the 'lost' packages and gave me a small credit for future purchases. Just know what you are doing when you shop. I think many of the bad reviews are given as a result of shoppers not knowing exactly the sort of service Zulily offers.

deannah9
9/6/15

This is alllllll Asian sizing that they don't divulge, then try to.call customer service...the phone rings then gangs up....not even an operator. I don't wanna return I want my 173$ back!!! Beware sammydress is the same!!!

susanp70
9/5/15

Although the shipping is slower than molasses in January. Zulily does and outstanding job in notification and never questions the customer. Their prices and quality are amazing. They have a wide variety of things for the home, to children' s clothing.all at excellent prices.

kinseye
9/5/15

I ordered a dress from Zulily and it was the wrong size. I called customer service and they put a full refund on my credit card and when I asked about returning the dress to them, the customer service rep told me to donate the dress to a local charity (e.g. thrift store, goodwill, etc)! How amazing and selfless is this company. Although they only lost about $30, many thriving companies would never even think about donating products that their customers either weren't pleased with, or in my case, just didn't fit. This was my first time ordering from Zulily but most definitely not my last!! Way to go!

rosed36
9/4/15

I bought first time from the company. What they sold me was not even in stock. Yet I paid for it??? Then when I went to check on my order to see when they were going to send it, guess what? nobody home...there phone number was disconnected and I had no way of getting a hold of anybody. Yet they had my money, not for long. I filed a complaint against them, and changed my cc number I don't know who I was dealing with.

brendar35
9/2/15

This is the worst business I've ever ordered from. Sizing is horrible. I sized up after viewing their siz chart, but still items were skin tight. I first thought they didn't know how to size plus sizes, but when I ordered shoes for my granddaughter, they too were too small. I expected them to be too big since could only order a size 10, and she was wearing 9s.....too short and too narrow. The child does not have a wide foot! I have literally put $150 in the trash because of unwearable clothing that I could not return. Zulily is a scam!

monicad16
9/2/15

Ordered a dress. They took my money. I waited three weeks and heard nothing. I inquired. They sent a form letter. I said I wanted to cancel. They sent a form letter. They gave me back everything but shipping. Said shipping money would come in a day or two. Now, don't you think this is a good way for a company to make money doing nothing? Used mine for about a month and gave me nothing!!

carols96
9/1/15

A relative mailed us a box of clothes from Zulily for our young teen. Wow is this stuff garbage! The fabric is so cheap and thin! Junky rayon and polyester made in some sweat shop in Mexico. I'm embarrassed bringing these clothes to Goodwill.

sharont31
9/1/15

I have shopped here almost every week, but this last purchase was the end of it. After not receiving a product I have waited for over a month and having the runaround...that was it. I will take my weekly purchases where I am treated right. They are not willing to communicate to vendors to see why they delay shipments, then they eventually cancel your product...Do not shop here!!!!

bjh6
8/31/15

This company rips off everyone that places an order. They don't tell you until after you place an order that you can't return anything. I ordered 3 dresses. I can only wear one. If you order a size large it might fit someone who wears a small. The quality is sub par. One of the dresses I got is so thin you can see through 4 layers of the fabric! I'd I could give them minus stars, I would give them -100!

maryellent
8/31/15

I have been doing business with Zulily for a couple of years now. I continue to go to them because you get what you pay for and sometimes more than what you pay for. I have purchased everything from home items to clothing, jewelry and shoes. I have never returned anything. I experienced one time receiving a shoe where one shoe was a 7 and the other was an 8. I called them up, not knowing exactly how this return would go, and they promptly said they would credit my charge card for the purchase and that I did not need to mail the faulty pair back, that I could donate them or discard them, whatever I wanted to do. I was floored and relieved that I didn't have to go through the trouble and expense of mailing the "damaged" merchandise back! I know that there are several reviews that are extremely negative toward Zulily, and I understand exactly where they are coming from. I don't want to say anything negative about their experiences and opinions because I was not present throughout their situation. But I will say that when the price points are so low that it goes without saying that the merchandise will probably be equal to that low price point. Fabrics are not silk, possibly, construction is not couture, but they still, to me, have an appealing quality and the price is right. Happy shopping!

susand56
8/30/15

I have shopped with them before and it was a nightmare. Now to even look at the website they want you to set up an account?? NOT going to happen!

Goodbye Zulily, I will never be on your website again

zenkd
8/30/15

This company sells defective,low quality clothing.
Don't waist your money like I did on the same stuff that you can get at Marshall,Ross even much much cheaper.
Big waist of money, they take good quality pictures of the products but everything else is terrible from quality , shipping, return etc.

petras5
8/29/15

First time buyer. NOT HAPPY:( :( IT took to long to receive my order. Quality of the clothes is NO NO GOOD:( . DON'T waist your MONEY....

laurah76
8/28/15

I don't understand how this company stays in business...the items take forever to come, do not look anything like they do in the pictures, and are not returnable. And, oh yeah, they can cancel an order whenever they feel like it.

huhh
8/28/15

They sell defective goods and issue store credits that are the wrong (less) amounts!! It's only s matter of time they get their behinds sued!

sherryu
8/27/15

Listen, I just ordered from Athleta for the first time. The items didn't fit and ATHLETA paid shipping to return them and I got a full refund. Don't waste your time on companies like Zulily who don't treat you well; life is too short.

annetteh11
8/27/15

I don't see how you can run a business that sells shoe and clothing items and NOT do returns or exchanges! The coat I ordered came nicely packaged and presented, but was not worth the money I'd shelled out for it and it looked different than the picture. I looked all over for a way to return the item, but couldn't find anything, so I emailed them. I was told that they don't do returns. They said they would "make an exception just this once" for me to return the jacket. Really? I will not buy from them again. Piss poor customer service about no returns.

cherylf15
8/26/15

at first I was excited with the cute, affordable offerings on Zulily. But the disappointments kept mounting up. My main complaint is the sizing criteria. There is one set of sizing measurements for everything. There are no measurements provided by brand. So, I order a medium and I swim in it. I order a large in a different brand and it's too small. No returns. They did, after an impassioned complaint, issue a store credit, so I had to try again, no other choice. What I have now is a pile of clothing I will need to donate since none of it fits. Will never buy from them again and I have removed their app.

traceyt9
8/25/15

clothing is lowest possible quality, shipping is by slow boat from overseas and takes weeks, and web photos are misleading, sometimes showing entirely different item than what finally arrived. i read the reviews, but needed something cute for a trip and some things around the house. I should have saved my money. You cant believe everything you read, but in this case, beware

olesyam
8/25/15

Do not waist your money. The clothes is cheap and poorly made. The customer service horrible and not ashamed to lie. According to their site they are allowing returns but in every email I've received from them they are telling me they do not. I spend over $130 for stuff I would never wear. If I could give 0 stars, I would.

Tip for consumers: Zulily has no service, value is way to expensive for such a cheap and poor quality clothes; shipping is way too slow (I waited over a month for my stuff), no returns; cheap! they should be ashamed of the qualify of what they are selling.

kiml52
8/25/15

This is my first time ordering merchandises from Zulily and its has not been good so far. I thought some of their products seems to be unique and it does has good price; however, the anticipation of waiting for it to arrive is ridiculous; so far it has been over 2 weeks and I received the first item, which is a Lancome mascara, came unsealed and the box was opened. I filed a complainted and they refunded my money. Currently I'm still waiting for the rest of 7 more items to come. I hope all will come in good condition and safely sealed. I don't think I want to order anything from here unless they can make a change on their delivering process.

Tip for consumers: Just be ready that your merchandise will come in at least 30 days on a regular shipping process. If you order any cosmetic products, make sure they are sealed upon delivering. Safety precaution!

robinf14
8/25/15

At first I liked the items for the money. Then an item I waited for for nearly two months, after being told to wait for it, was now unavailable. They issued a $10 credit for the convenience, but I am still waiting for the original credit. I am told now that will take up to seven days. They also lose returns and fail to follow up with proper credit. Now I know they are not credible and will not use them again.

lindseye5
8/23/15

I'm overall very satisfied with my Zulily shopping experience. Most of the items ordered fit my daughter and were good quality. One item was much too large and instead of being asked to go through the hassle of shipping and returning, they offered in-store credit and suggested I keep/donate/sale the item. About a week later, another item bled after first wash, and Zulily not only refunded my money back to my credit card, but added an additional in-store credit for the amount of the item that bled. On top of their desire to provide reimbursements, they were kind, apologetic and extremely motivated to go above and beyond to keep me a return customer. I'm impressed! Would highly recommend Zulily to my friends!

denisel28
8/23/15

Why do I have problems receiving packages - even when I order a month in advance? I have been the victim of lost packages too often!

jop192
8/23/15

I was looking at a pair of boots, decided to check out the make(r) and got quite a surprise, on Zulily they were advertised as $155 down to $82.99, that's A$ convert to US$ and they are $133.44 down to $60.74. To buy in the US they are RRP $US79.99 down to $US29.99. Even if you buy them direct from maker they're cheaper than Zulily's price, which appears to be 50% over RRP before discounting. It's always a good idea to check pricing before buying, even with tax added, they were still way cheaper.

vg15
8/21/15

I just received my second 'immediately into the donation bag' purchase. I should have learned from the first. The quality of the linen dress I received is so poor that it is virtually transparent, maybe could be a bathing suit cover? I did get a pair of shoes that were fine in quality but found the same thing on a 'real' site for the same price where I would not have had to wait for weeks for delivery and could have returned if necessary. So this is my last purchase for the donation bag and have taken my name off the email list.

angiel18
8/21/15

I received my (Crap) 3 weeks after my credit card had been charged. Certainly not the norm. I have never seen such bad quality and one of the dresses was white with print here and there and it had grease stains all over the top. I'm talking black machine grease. This is the worst place in which you can ever place an order. I wouldn't even donate anything this horrible. Please beware!!!!. Close to $100.00 just thrown away.

darlenec7
8/20/15

I had placed 3 orders with the company. After reading these reviews it scared me so I called customer service and cancelled all my orders. I don't want junk that doesn't fit, sized wrong and falling apart after first wash that's not returnable. With all the Buyer Beware I did not want to risk it. However, they were gracious enough to cancel my orders with no questions asked and I am giving a 5 stars for that. Thanks for all the previous posts, I wont take a chance wasting my money! I was reading one bad review after another!!!

patriciad44
8/19/15

No returns. Wait forever or buy what's available right now "ready to ship". One item I received in the "ready to ship" category was cut with scissors - not on the seam- cut is about 3 inches big. How in the heck can I fix it. Why did they send it with this huge flaw? Of course, no returns!! I feel scammed. Another item was way, way too small. Not as pictured. They win, you lose. How many items are sent under-sized or quite damage and they know it? I wonder. I would call it a scam. They get money and you get nothing.

gian453
8/18/15

The pants were not as advertised. They were supposed to be regular black bootleg pants and they are actually shiny stretch pants that look like something you would only wear to the gym, not appropriate for work wear at all. I got them in a few prints also, therefore 5 pairs of pants are useless to me. They were $19.99/ pair. 1 of the shirts was def not sized correctly. It ran very small. 2 other shirts and 1 dress are GREAT and I've worn them, washed them and am very happy with them. Unfortunately most items say no returns so now I'm stuck w/ $100 worth of pants I can't wear to work which is very disappointing.

melyj1
8/18/15

I've ordered many things from Zulily with no problems or complaints. I purchased shirts for my kids, a dress for me, a backpack for my kid, bras, undies. I've probably made about 6 different purchases and I've gotten my items with no problem. The only thing that sucks is that you have to wait a while, but as long as you purchase knowing that, then you'll be happy.

loraleep
8/18/15

I ordered three dresses and a pair of shoes. The dresses came after two months and the shoes came a few days after ordering, but in the wrong size!!!! I hate them and they do have adorable products but the worst service I've ever experienced.

jennifert61
8/17/15

As a small business of children clothing, we sell our products via Zulily and so many times they said we short shipped. We doubt and even triple count to make sure everything correct but every event, we got the notice that we short shipped them. We quick selling on Zulily from now on!!!

loul20
8/17/15

Stay away customer service was terrible.

kathiey

I buy from Zulily A LOT; here is my opinion of when (and when not) to buy:
Buy:
1. When the price is so low that it is worth taking a chance on a nonrefundable item
2. When you know the brand, BUT still have sewing skills to alter garments that are mis-sized
3. When you want a unique garment and are willing to take a chance on how it looks on you
4. When you want real leather shoes at a reasonable price & you know your size
5. When you want a HUGE variety of unique (and international) items to choose from
6. When time IS NOT of the essence
(After buying about 50 items, I love and wear about 30, altered 10 and made them into great garments, left 5 hanging in my closet to wear someday, and threw out 5.) I will take those odds any day!

jr129
8/17/15

My wife insists on continuing to order things from this company. Even though 1 out of every 3 orders sent are wrong, broken due to improper packaging, "lost in the mail", never received, or incorrect in some other way. It's insane. If my company screwed up this much we would be out of business.

marionb34
8/16/15

I wanted to try Zulily and so I purchased 9 jackets and 1 skirt. They notified me that it would be almost 3 weeks before my merchandise was delivered. Every single jacket I ordered was 2 sizes too small. I order on line a lot and I never have an issue with sizing. This was an absolute nightmare as I ordered those jackets for job interviews. So I contacted their CS and they sent me very detailed return instructions,via e-mail, including the recommendation to get a tracking# and insurance. I still have all 6 pages of instructions and had to include a copy in the package I sent them at a cost of $27.96 (2-Day Priority w/tracking and insurance).

Zulily never told me to donate a thing. They refused to refund me and only offered me an in store credit/ account credit. So let's see, I had to spend money on the clothing, the ship to me was $7.95. Then the shipping back cost me $27.95 and they did not credit me for any of that. I cannot depend on their sizing.

Overall, I would say this was a really bad shopping experience. I mean they may be okay for household items but they really suck at the clothing end. No way on earth were these jackets even close to the usual size I wear. Plus, I had to order a couple of suits, jackets, slacks from a place where I know the sizes fit me and I had to have them over-nighted since I had flights scheduled and companies were flying me in for various interviews.

I did not save a dime. In fact this cost me a significant amount of additional cash. I will not be ordering from them again. Even an overstock warehouse distributor, that puts up an on-line shopping site for consumers, has an obligation to treat those consumers/customers fairly.

Zulily ranks in at the 0 and ranks in as #1 do not buy from store.

suzt
8/16/15

Forget about exchanging for another size. They said to donate the item and they would issue a store credit. Even Amazon has a better policy than this.

vanessas24
8/16/15

ZULILY IS FANTASTIC... Never been so happy with website ordering. THE VENDORS ARE NUMEROUS AND PRICES ARE DRASTICALLY REDUDUCED. The key, I think is read at the bottom of the item you are ordering the Shipping days. DIFFERENT. VENDORS HAVE DIFFERENT SHIP DATES Those dated are to Zulily. THEN ZULILY THEN HAS TO SHIP TO YOU. When YOU notice you have messed up on your order call them immediately and explain what you did.(ordered wrong size, to many,wrong item)They fix it then, I know I 'be done it all. VSemones

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

170 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
1 day ago
Add your answer
4 days ago
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other customers.

32 Photos for Zulily