US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

ginas13

I called customer service and he was very nice which made it a little better. (in 184 reviews)

kathyb40

You pay once, then get free shipping for the day (or all weekend if you order on a Friday). (in 698 reviews)

chrisb141

At first they tried to make up for it with the $10 standard store credit. (in 65 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

donnaw20
12/31/13

I ordered a large toy (guaranteed to arrive by Christmas) and was sent completely the wrong item, well made but still the wrong item. I immediately reported on 12/20, it is now 12/31 and item is still unresolved and was not able to gift. Also ordered 5 children's outfits for Christmas and New Years grandaughter's birthday. All items were cancelled and never received. So I am left having to reshop everything, pretty much ruined my holiday.

dalem27
12/30/13

This site showed up after an update to my samsung Galaxie3. I have unsubscribed twice now and still am being pestered. Stay away!!

belens1
12/30/13

BEWARE!!!!This site sells clothes from other sites! I've seen the clothes that they sell in other trusted websites and they sell them for double the price or even 3-4 times as much :/ and what surprises me is that the seller substitutes the original tag to their "brand" tag and makes it seem as if it's theirs... the other day I was looking at the kohls website and saw this baby dress for 10 dollars (clearance) and they were selling it in zulily for 30 WTF!!! Not buying from this website!!! Never}

yd3
12/29/13

I ordered from them before and was surprised by how LONG it took to get the items. I didn't receive them in time for the birthday they were for but decided to give them a shot at Christmas, as I figured I'd be safe if I ordered Early. I ordered on Dec. 6 and it is now Dec. 29 and no gifts yet. I had to rush out and emergency buy gifts for my 2 boys as I had nothing else for them!! Twice-burned by this company and that's the last straw....they won't see another order out of me. BTW...I ordered items from Yvesrocher and they arrived within a week!!!!

kerinr
12/28/13

Constantly getting "seconds" from this company. From miss marked clothing, ill fitted clothing, different colors all together from site pictures, now to reading glasses with manufactured rubs in them making them useless. Just not worth the reduced price to get inferior quality items. I have been ordering from them for about 4 years now so I have lots of experience with them. I have to say they do have great customer service, always answering emails is the best thing going for them!

dcc1
12/28/13

I ordered from Zulily many times, mainly shoes and clothes for my kid, books and some kitchen items. I was almost 100% satisfied with the quality of the product. with one exception, a paid of boots I got for here were really not a good fit, but I didnt complain too much for $12. kids shoes are so expensive for the amount of time that they wear them.
I do not like that it takes way too long to get the items and that there are no returns. when you order shoes it is hard to know they will fit. it would be good if they could accept returns on specific items.

heatherb29
12/28/13

The site has more than once misrepresented a item I purchased. I ordered a power vehicle (ride on for young child) for Christmas - only to receive one that was pedal controlled. They have yet to resolve the issue. “Power activated” was in the desciption. On more than one occassion, I’ve ordered product that has been misrepresented, in poor condition (missing parts/size wrong) - or not the item pictured. Their customer service has grown increasingly apathetic, and does not stand behind the products they represent. The site is clearly experiencing growing pains - and needs to rethink their core value proposition and customer service priorities. It’s unfortunate for a site that once relied on word of mouth and mom endorsements.

aa724
12/27/13

Order for kids placed on December 11th to be delivered on December 31st. Didn't get it in time for xmas and have no recourse. They never notified me it would take 20 days!

ashleyo7
12/27/13

***BUYER BEWARE*** Ordered from the site what I thought was great looking material at discounted rates. I received my items after a bunch of mayhem with charging my credit card and then canceling the charge and sending me an email requiring me to call again and confirm payment info. The items were of very poor quality and the sizes were all completely off. The quality of one of the pairs of shoes looked like they couldve come from a beauty supply store..embellishment fell apart after one wear! VERY VERY DISSAPPOINTING..will not be ordering from here AGAIN.

lizf6
12/26/13

I ordered on December 6 2013 for Christmas. My order was $182 and guaranteed to arrive by Christmas. I checked my checking account the following day and the money had been taken out of my account (VISA on hold). On December 17 I receive a notification that I needed to contact them within 48 hours or my order would be cancelled as they were unable to charge my card. Apparently they "tap" your checking account when you order to make sure you have the money--- then cancel the charge??? then re-charge it when they receive it from the manufacturer, inspect it, and get ready to ship it. Apparently they also charge for the items based on the manufacturer… so my account was $5 short when they went to charge the final $21 of the $182 -- I get it straightened out and am told I would receive it by the 12/23. Only received 3 of the 5 items with the two most expensive items over $100 (they charged me for the second time already-not the item I was $5 short) it is now the 26th of December and still waiting. NEVER ORDERING FROM THEM AGAIN!!

melissat12
12/26/13

I placed an order on 12/11/13 for four Joybay Swing Car Ride-On's "Guaranteed Christmas Delivery". I received three of the four on 12/19/13. I contacted Zulily on 12/22/13 to get a status on the fourth. The rep let me know that the item had a tracking number, but no information. He assured me that he would place a new order and again "Guaranteed Christmas Delivery"....super! Well on 12/23/13 I contacted them again to confirm the order had been placed and that I would receive by 12/24/13. The rep said the order had not been placed and she'd be upfront with me, "You missed the 10am cut-off for next day delivery so your item will not arrive until after Christmas"...wonderful! These are "Santa Gifts" for four of my children. How do I give to three and leave one out!? Had to go out and get another Santa gift. I contacted Zulily again today and demanded a refund! The rep said I was refunded on 12/23/13 for the amount, but not shipping and handling, I have yet to see it hit my bank account so we'll see. I also let him know that I have not yet received the car and wanted to see if I could get a status. Guess what, a tracking number with no info. How hard is it!? I told him I no longer want the car. How would I explain a gift dropped off by Santa after Christmas. I will have to reject the package on delivery...this is assuming it arrives. Oh and I sent a "feedback" email on 12/23/13 and they have yet to respond. This was my first and last shopping experience with Zulily! Goes to show you....Don't believe everything you find on Facebook.

katier4
12/26/13

I made a purchase on Dec. 7th. The item was marked "guaranteed delivery by Christmas". It's. the day after and the package still hasn't arrived. Very disappointed, won't be using this site again.

donnaf7
12/25/13

Do not order clothing from this company. I have placed two now and their clothing sizes are way off and the quality of the clothes are junk. Leather jacket zipper separated from coat in two days, lining in pocket ripped in three, fourth wear leather bubbling. Pants arrived with frayed hem on one leg and was the wrong size. I understand their business model but my last purchase did not show up despite the guaranteed delivery date of before Christmas. Save your money and buy from someone else!!

dedeh
12/25/13

I ordered my son a bike for Christmas this year from Zulily. Online it showed this item was guaranteed to arrive by Christmas. This is the one reason I felt confident ordering it from them. However, the bike did NOT arrive and I was not able to give it to him this morning. I am so disappointed and will not shop with Zulily again. When I called customer service I was offered a $10 credit. This credit does not fix the problem and I will not even use it. I thought by ordering this on December. 10th I wouldn't have to worry about this!

momg
12/24/13

Ordered a dollhouse for my daughter and they promised it would be here before the 24th. Just talked to them and they said sorry you will not have it on time. Why promise your customers that it will be here before, I guess I should have ordered it from Amazon instead of trying to save $. Now I have to go out and find a gift from santa for my daughter. Thanks Zulily for nothing. And by the way, I don't think that I will be needing your $10 credit since I just can't trust your website after reading so many negative reviews.

angelam14
12/24/13

I have ordered tons of stuff over the last few months. A few dresses for granddaughter came in ok. But this Christmas I ordered a circular track set with
cars that glow - not inexpensive. It arrived 12/23 in a plastic bag - no box to tell
the receiver what it was. I am embarrassed to give it as a gift. Other items were
not shipped for 15 days after order and will not arrive before 12/25. Unlike Amazon, they never follow up asking for feedback, and of course NOTHING CAN BE RETURNED. Do not risk doing business with them. Not worth it.

andreal16
12/24/13

I've ordered many many items from Zulily from clothes to shoes to baby items. They all came in a reasonable amount of time and I understand that the nasty midwestern weather hold things up. I wouldn't want my son or daughter driving a mail truck in that crap. Everything fit even the size 13 mens Birkenstock that I bought my husband. I'll continue to use it. Love it!!

dawnm20
12/23/13

They are terrible!! Ordered a gift on 12/2 for my grandson to give to his mom for Christmas. Got a notice that it expected delivery would be 12/24, close but ok. Got another tracking notice that it won't be there until 12/28! Now he has nothing to give his mom! Their warehouse is in Nevada,where I am, my grandson is in MD, and the tracking number said it was in CA!!! WTH!! When I called they said there were weather delays (BS) and they don't guarantee Christmas delivery?? It would have been easier for me to pick it up and mail it myself!! NEVER AGAIN WITH THIS POS COMPANY!!!
DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!

karenw33
12/21/13

Do not order clothing from this site. That is all I can attest to. But I will NEVER order anything again! The sizes are way smaller than should be. I also ordered boots for my daughter's for Christmas so I won't know until then if they fit. If I have issues with the boot sizes like the clothing I will contact BBB because this is fraudulent. I emailed the company of course no response as I expected. Should have known prices too good to be true.

kathyw14
12/21/13

I realize they don't manufacture the clothing they sell but they are responsible for ensuring reasonable size and quality information. I'm on my third order with them and each time I swear it will be the last one. Quality is horrible. Sizing is way off and I am one who reviews the size guides to ensure that I order properly. It has not helped at all with them. This is it for me. No more clothes. No more anything, really, unless it is a name brand that I already know well.

cb53
12/21/13

I have never experienced such a poor company - ever . Slowest service, no communication. Promises that everything I ordered will arrive for Christmas. What a joke. I ordered gifts on Thanksgiving weekend and not one has arrived. Everyone needs to STOP buying from these people. It rewards them for the worst customer service ever. I'm done. I'm deleting their app from my phone and sending their emails to spam. The worst store I've ever dealt with -ever. No more. Going to make one little girl and one little boy so disappointed when Santa doesn't come through with those gifts. I do not know how they can promise gifts by Christmas and then not deliver. Pathetic. Shameful. Never again!

sharont15
12/21/13

I ordred a Christmas gift on 12/10/13.It's scheduled for delivery on on 12/26. Nowhere on their website is there any mention that shipping would take that long. My first and last experience with this website.

marys108
12/21/13

This is the first time I've written a negative review, so I'm not generally a complainer. However, this site, in my opinion, has several insidious features that sucked me in. I don't feel like going into the minor things (hard to avoid getting on daily email list for one), but the big one appears to be how long it's likely to get an order (if ever). I went through the purchase process without getting any info on shipping, and foolishly assumed that since Christmas is coming they'd make every effort to get it to me by then. It was not until after the purchase that I got an email explaining how zulily "works". I ordered something on 12/18 with no indication of it not being in stock; now I find that estimated shipping date is Jan 5, which means it might arrive by the 10th. Whatever savings you may get are NOT worth it.

ec70

**WHAT A HORRID EXPERIENCE... NO STARS**
I cannot believe the disappointment with this website. I thought I was getting great deals I ordered quite a large shipment on Black Friday and yet here it is almost one month later and still I have nothing I really wish I had read the reviews before spending my money I had no idea how horrible this website was I bought tons of maternity clothes that I probably won't be able to fit once it finally arrives. Now I am reading that there is no returns. I have gotten 2 different emails saying an item wont be delivered til after Christmas. I will definitely not use this site ever again.

ketsias
12/21/13

I had to place an order twice for the same item. The last time they told me that I should receive it by Christmas, well just got an email saying my order was cancelled. Please DONT ORDER FROM THAT SITE.

mariamz
12/20/13

Well I just ordered from this site for the first time, thier customer srv rep was very helpful, and the quality looks good so lets see what I get, since there are many negative reviews that positive ones ...wish me luck

robertat4
12/20/13

Before I placed my order I did not see 1 negative review for this site! I have placed 2 orders 1 on Dec. 1, 2013 for 8 items and another on Dec. 5th, 2013 for 5 items.
So far only 1 item has been delivered! I just sent an email today Dec. 20th because there isn't any tracking info. on 6 of the items. Starting to get WORRIED!!!
Will rate this site after I get my order.

heatherg14
12/20/13

They have stolen $85.00 from me. I placed an order on 11/27. Was charged the same day. 12/1 received an email stating how their shipping worked. At that point I knew to just wait. Today 12/20 I checked my order status. It is cancelled. I checked my bank account and have received no refund. That's what I call stealing.

jenniferh39
12/19/13

Why cant' we give negative or 0 stars? I ordered a Christmas present for my 7 year old nephew and my package was guaranteed to arrive before Christmas. I was told via a generated e-mail that my package shipped on Wed 12/11. When I didn't see in change in the tracking after a couple of days, I called and they said that I had to wait 5 days just to be safe. I waited. I called back and was jerked around about where my package was. No one ever called me back when they said they would or returned e-mails as promised. I finally called again this morning, only to be told that they had no idea where my package was, that they were declaring lost and I would receive my refund in 7-10 days. They were never planning on telling me that my Christmas gift wasn't coming!! They lied too. Everyone I spoke with gave me a different story. Now I am scrambling to find a last minute gift. What a bunch of Grinches and jerks!!

kayg13
12/19/13

I ordered an engraved key chain. The key chain was $18.99 which I believe is an outrages price for the item. Additionally the shipping/handling was $7.78 for a package that weighed 0.950 lbs. The total for one small keychain was $26.77. I know I could have not ordered it but it has a special meaning to someone I care very much for. I won't use them again.

Kay Grady
Reno, NV

ld28
12/19/13

I am so disappointed with this company. I place 5 different orders around the 23rd of November. I have only received 4 of the 10 items so far. I got an email yesterday stating one of my orders had been canceled. Nothing like last minute, eh? I love that you can't return/exchange/refund ANYTHING, but zulily can charge you for an item and then cancel the order a month later. Shipping is a frigging joke. $7.95 per order and you wait, at a MINIMUM, a month for it to be shipped. The commercials you see on TV are falsely advertising that you can't find these deals anywhere else. I decided to test that statement. They were offering Zaggora work out gear a few weeks back so I went to to Zaggora's website directly and they were running the EXACT same sale on their website...same prices as zulily. They had more options and you were able to return and exchange. What a joke zulily is! Do yourself a favor...use zulily as a reference point and then find those items (for the same price, better shipping price/time and be able to return if needed) on a different, more reliable site.

heathers34
12/18/13

Order from Zulily if you like to wait 2 months to be told that your order has been cancelled. I ordered onesies with matching pants, and and both times, the pants have been cancelled... along with half of my order AFTER my order status on those items said "in transit to Zulily" for a month. I am SO pissed with them. I ordered an outfit that i was planning to take my son home from the hospital in since i am on bed rest, and waited for over a month to find out that it has now been cancelled.

davidc137
12/18/13

My friend was HONEST and told Intellisource everything about his criminal background (The one misdemeanour he was sentenced for). After 3 weeks of them performing a background check they told him it was good and that they just had to make sure thats all it was. They hired my friend on at Zulily, had him work 4 weeks. He was amazing at the Job got great numbers and received several rewards for his work. on the 28th day of Employment, they FIRED him because of the background check in which he was told was ok. This is a heartless move by your company, Zulily is a great place to work but Intellisource is awful. I don't understand why you could do this other than we in Nevada and its a right to work...

dustinj2
12/17/13

If I could go lower I would, if you need your package in the next half year I would go ahead and order from someone else. Also I was told that they could not refund my order on a pending shipment. This site is a joke, you have been warned.

sandrah19
12/17/13

This website does not even deserve one star. I ordered something for my grandchild for Christmas on 11/19. At the time of purchase, the site tells you as soon as you proceed to checkout, the item is reserved and guaranteed. I have waited a month for the item and yesterday I received an email telling me they no longer have the item that was reserved for me. For my inconvenience, they offered me a store credit of $10. By the time you pay shipping, there is virtually nothing to purchase for $10. I told them to keep their credit. I will never shop there again. If your word is not reliable and your service and delivery terrible, you don't deserve my business

anabeld
12/16/13

I placed an order November 23, 2013, they broke my stuff into 4 separate packages even though they are from only two different brands. I got my first e-mail stating that some of my items had been shipped on December 13, but with an estimated delivery date of 5-10 business days. Today (Dec.16) I got the last e-mail out of the four stating that my package had been shipped and again that means I won't be getting that stuff until the end of the month!!!!! I'm very disappointed, never imagined it would take about a MONTH for me to get my stuff. I get diapers I order online in TWO days and whenever I buy clothing I wait ONE WEEK tops to get my stuff. Not only that, most of their stuff cannot be returned, but even if it was can you just imagine how long that would take! Just a waste of time..... They do have neat and super cute stuff for little girls but I'm sure they can be found in other websites, more efficient ones.

marys107
12/15/13

Awful! I have been duped and it sounds like I am not the first. What is the benefit of working with a company like this (I ask myself)? No service and the value means nothing when you wait 6 weeks for an item to arrive. Never again!!

monican1
12/14/13

I started I ordering nov. 21, 2013. I placed about 6 or 7 ordered in two weeks. It is now dec 13 and I just got the first item. That is ridiculous in this day and times when products are delivered in two days time. I stopped ordering a week ago when I realized they DRAG on shipments. I needed to ship these gifts to different people and now I'm screwed!! What's the point? They say guaranteed Christmas delivery nut when you order in late Nov you think - of course it's gonna get here by Christmas but now I'm seriously doubting it. Some of my items won't even ship til Dec 20! That is just absolutely unacceptable.

annh14
12/14/13

Beware! I ordered shoes but they did not fit. Even though their website says they accept returns when I went to return them they say returns are at their discretion and for store credit only.

christinem22
12/11/13

I rated the website great because it is but if i have to rate the product it would be a 1 star. I had bought 2 really cute coats for my little girls but no sooner did they wear them buttons were falling off. The coats were poorly made. I come browse but I wont buy anything because I'm gonna hate if I get the same quality. Good luck buyers.

kristenh5
12/11/13

As with many other reviewers, the item I received was not the item I ordered. It was a different manufacturer, a different fit, and a different design. And it looked incredibly cheap. It was similar to the one on their website but not what I ordered. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, because they agreed to take the item back. I don't really understand how a company like this can stay in business. It's my bad for not researching them first, but given how many good discount/online retailers there are (Sierra Trading Post being my favorite), it's hard to see how they manage to turn a profit. Unless it's mostly first-time customers who get burned and never come back. Lesson learned.

elleng6
12/11/13

I've bought infant clothes from Zulily for the past 6 months. The site has great deals on brands that I would not choose to buy at full price. I have not been as impressed with the women's cloths and household items sold. The quality and styles of those items appear to be mediocre.

My two main complaints:
1. Items do not arrive until a month after they're ordered. It's hard to understand how the process can be so slow. Thus is particularly problematic with infant clothes (and Zulily offers a lot of them), I've not infrequently received something I ordered that no longer fits my baby.
2. Descriptions and pictures are not complete. I ordered some infant pants only to discover they had a huge logo splashed across the back - not something I would have wanted had I realized. To Zulily's credit, they credited me back the cost of the pants without even making me return the pants (all items are non-returnable). Since then I've been very cautious about what I buy and avoid items that don't have complete pictures or descriptions (which are many).

suea10
12/10/13

I bought from Zulily off and on over the last two years, probably spending a few thousand over the years. They used to have great stuff at a decent discount, as well as high quality stuff, in the beginning. But starting last year/xmas time, I noticed that my purchases were hit or miss... sometimes I would love the item that I buy and other times I would just junk it. I started ordering from Zulily again in October/November of 2013 for xmas, and the stuff I'm getting is PURE JUNK. I noticed that they also INFLATE the original price, making one think you're getting more of a deal (when in fact they are just pure lying). Example, this week they have costco memberships for $55 and $110. How is that different from buying from Costco directly? It isn't. However, they listed the "original price" as $160 and $220, respectively, making one think that they actually saved money. Also, I bought $400 in toys (Battat) just to find out that I could have gotten it for the same price OR LESS on Amazon. I have some credits on Zulily, and once I use it I will never order from them again. Rip off and a junk store now.... too bad. I used to connote Zulily with high quality, which is what it used to be in the beginning. Sad that they are now all about money, selling junk and lying about the original prices.

sarat14
12/9/13

I ordered a Christmas gift for my nephew on Zulily.com. Once it finally arrived, they mysteriously billed my credit card multiple times (in odd amounts) AND charged me for shipping (which is supposedly free when you spend over $20). When I called to find out what the heck was going on, they explained "We don't bill your credit card until the items ship out. The extra charges you are seeing are for "pre-authorizations. These extra charges will disappear after 72 hours". Ok- we will see. Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't understand why they would be charging odd "pre-auth" amounts to my Visa AFTER I have already paid for the items and AFTER the items were delivered? Will NOT be using them again.

kathyc25
12/8/13

First of all, I pulled up Zulily to review the quality and style of their merchandise. Right away, I had to give them my email address and password and then they wanted my name address and telephone number. I exited the site. From what I could see of the merchandise, it was tacky, substandard.

jt42
12/8/13

I bought from Zulily for about 2 years off and on. Although you get good deals on some items, most of the clothes are of poor quality(some brand name kitchen items not too bad). The one thing I found the most disturbing is the misleading pictures. I bought a little scully cap for my infant. The picture and discription had no mention of a ball on the top of it. When I recieved the product there was a ball of 100%FUR on top! I am anti-fur so this was very upsetting. I stopped buying from them altogether.

tiffanyp6
12/8/13

I've ordered from them several times and yes shipping is slow but, I expected that after reading their website. However, my complaint is about ordering a few things that never arrived. After contacting customer service they tell me " I'm sorry you were never contacted but, your order of this/these items was canceled because of a stocking issue." So, I was sitting here waiting on stuff that would never come. This did not happen once, but twice in the last two months. I will not be shopping with them again. Most of the time stuff they have on their site is the same price on amazon anyway. Very disappointed . Would not suggest ordering from them at all.

natalyal
12/8/13

Don't be fooled by this site. Their clothing is a very poor quality. The prices are not cheap for the quality of clothing they sell. Shipping takes months! Customer service is awful. I'm done w/ them!

laurynn
12/6/13

HATE IT!! This is the 2nd order and the 2nd time the clothes are RIDICULOUSLY too small! I KNOW what size i wear! This time, i saw this beautiful dress.. so I went UP a size.. NOPE!! It came today after over a week of waiting.. and shock. ITS TOO SMALL.. WHAT THE F*CK is up with this? The first order, was a pair of jeggings.. they were SO SMALL .. at least by 4 sizes.. there is NO way.. NO EFFIN WAY they were the size i ordered. But the label said they were.. I was totally disappointed..

louisez
12/6/13

i find it odd to see so many negative comments on zulily, any time i had a problem, they take care of it, I had a shirt that came with a hole in it and they gave me my money back and I got to keep the shirt, just fix the hole. And yes their ship times are slow but it CLEARLY noted on the site. I have found the customer service to be Amazing. As for quality of items, it sometimes is a crap shoot, but again I found the customer service reps empowered and ready to help out, even if it is store credit. I did order a shirt and wonder why it fit so small, but my bad I didnt look at he size chart. You really have to read over the whole description and site rules and stuff before you can get too upset.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I have a pair of Tom shoes for my granddougther, they are a little small, any way to change?
8/27/13
caryns1
A: Orders placed on the Zulily site must be fulfilled by the original manufacturer first, before the items are even shipped out to the customers. Zulily does not stock an inventory of items they have available for sale. Typically, 48 hours after a sale ends, the mfg ships the orders to Zulily's warehouse, at which time their customer's orders are processed and shipped. Shipping via UPS ground by either party can add up to 20 days in shipping time ... which explains the massive shipping delays.

Concerning poor quality, Zulily ships out to its customers exactly what they receive from the manufacturers advertising on their site ... Z is simply the middleman.
9/13/11
Add your answer
Q: I ordered a pair of boots from Zulily that were advertised as having a leather upper. Later, after looking these boots up elsewhere on the Internet, I learned they are actually manmade. I can't wear manmade shoes, and certainly not manmade boots. The boots have just been shipped. Is there any way I can get Zulily to take them back based on their erroneous advertising?
2 weeks ago
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

14 Photos for Zulily