US Government's NSF

Tel: (877) 779-5615 or (888) 826-6564
service@zulily.com

693 Reviews for Zulily.com

Review Highlights

It was received into the post office from UPS on 6-18-11.

Invited friends and family in order to get store credit.

My grand-daughter will probably not fit in the shoes by the time they come.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

4/29/13

First they cancel your order without a courtesy call or mail! And then when you finally call them they put you on hold for 3 hours and rather than help you make the situation worse. The guy I spoke to did not even try to find out what my problem was before making it worse! Needless to say it will be my first and last time!

4/29/13

This company, its customer service (dot make me laugh) & products are completely CR*P.

I wish I had seen the reviews before placing an order.

Waited nearly a month for anything to arrive. The sizes are all wrong, 12 months looked like newborn!
The quality/cut/material & stitching is extremely poor.
Looked nothing like the photos.

This company puts photos up of genuine stock, then has some factory in (China?) knock up cheap replicas.

I have never seen such shoddy items. HOW do they get away with it???!

All returned for a refund. From previous reviews I understand getting a refund is extremely difficult, in which case I shall contact my bank to claim the money.

AVOID. You can buy cheaper & better items on Ebay directly from China at a fraction of the price.

4/29/13

I ordered a Dolly & Me dress and matching two-piece skirt outfit for my grandaughter's 7th birthday. While it did take some time to arrive, it was worth the wait. My grandaughter loves her outfit and and the fact that her doll can wear a dress that matches. The price was more than reasonable. I guess I'll find out about the quality once it has been washed, but for now I'm very happy and so is she!

4/27/13

I gave this company about 5 chances when ordering. Products ran from purses to clothing to decorative items. NEVER AGAIN. Whether it's the undefined timeline to receive a product, to adult women's size clothing really arriving in teen sizes, to just plain ole cheap quality. It is really a negative wash. NO RETURNS policy really seals the deal since you can not return very cheap quality items. Cheap is an understatement.

4/26/13

Love them, I am completely addicted. I love everything I have received and am constantly going back for more. I highly recommend to anyone who is patient - patience is a virtue that is rewarded with awesome, super discounted merchandise.

ABOUT THE LOW REVIEWS:

Yes, they tell you UPFRONT on EVERY SINGLE PAGE that delivery is 12-14 business days - business days are Monday - Friday; so this is approx. 3 weeks. The people who are complaining do not either know what a business days, are unable to do basic math or did not take the time to even notice this (don't see how the last is possible since every single page is kind of hard to miss).

The other complaint I am reading is that they do not take returns. No, they do not as they state on EVERY SINGLE PAGE. So take the 3 minutes to measure yourself before ordering. Common sense people, you cannot try it on so take your measurements and compare to the size charts they offer – duh!

4/24/13

OK..maybe I got lucky, but Zulily worked beautifully for me. I ordered before reading the reviews and then held my breath until the order came. Much to my surprise, every single item came in two weeks. When I wore the first dress received, 15 co-workers complimented me and one co-worker noted the excellent quality.

Everything I got was new, individually sealed in plastic bags, and was as pictured.

My only concerns are:

1. Some of these items can be found elsewhere for similar prices. I found two of the dresses I bought and some popsicle cake pans on Amazon. All of these would've shipped free through Amazon prime, and the prices were within three dollars of the Zulily price.

2. Not being able to return items is a concern, especially since the prices are so similar to other options. If items aren't as they appear or even if they just don't meet your needs, there's not much you can do.

That said, there are quality deals on the site. $6.00 for shipping is quite reasonable considering the items are coming in two or three different boxes. As for the delay, I've had cancellations and delays on other sites. At least you know what you're getting into here.

My feeling is that if you want a variety of stuff with one shipping cost, and don't mind a long wait and possible non-receipt of items, go for Zulily. You might lose time but you won't lose money.

4/24/13

All the negative reviews here are so true. I wish i did a research about the reviews first before making any purchase. The korks sandals that i ordered for around $32 which was originally around 70 bucks was cheaply made and i could say fake. They maybe using pictures of the original branded items but the ones that they're selling are fake items. It's fraud. I just realized maybe thats why they are selling cheap priced products because items itself are so cheaply made. Previous buyers are all right, im not buying anymore on this website too.

4/22/13

I have made 4 orders with this site, and all but one were "china" quality products. The only shoes that were worthy to keep were my daughter's croks. The rest is very bad quality, even Calvin Klein brand shoes I paid $30 for, which is not that cheap. I don't think I will buy from this site ever again, better off finding the same stuff on Amazon, or eBay, or even at the store. At least you will not wait for it forever, and will have on option to return stuff that does not fit or horribly made

4/19/13

I have placed 7 separate orders with zulilly and am very satisfied. Yes, the shipping takes forever but they don't hide that fact from you, it's on the site. I ordered some croc flip-flops with pink accents and was notified that they were no longer available and I was being upgraded to a 2013 style. When they arrived, they were all black and grey, way too masculine, I called and complained and was refunded the amount of the shoes plus $10 and told to keep or donate the shoes! As for the complaints about poor quality, I am just picky about what I order and stick to name brands I recognize! I did order some cheap jumpers for my daughter but they were $8 for a complete outfit and I really only need them to last a few months! Totally worth it!

4/16/13

Most of the toddler girls clothing I have bought from Zulily recently are cheaply made. I wont be ordering from this website ever again. You are stuck with what you buy, since they have a no return policy, and I hate wasting my money.

4/15/13

zulilly sells CHEAP merchandise, and i don't mean their prices. everything that i have ordered, and there will be NO MORE orders from this mamma, was horribly manufactured. the ONLY item that was satisfactory was a pair for dansko shoes for my daughter. all the other no-name items were JUNK! didn't last through one washing or had such a horrible chemical smell that i had to throw them (remember, they don't accept returns) in my outside garbage! it actually stunk up my huge garage! i do have to say that they do have great customer service, but WTH... they should because of all the complaints i am sure they get. OH! also, when i first started ordering from them they had a rating system like amazon’s. no more rating system! i wonder why?

4/13/13

If there was a zero I would have given it to Zulily. I ordered merchandize over a month ago and still do not have it. I buy online constantly. I have not had to make a call to customer service in over 3 years. I called Zulily today and the customer service SUPERVISOR SCOTT was unbelievably rude. He basically said "Oh, well" and perhaps I am not the kind of person who should buy from them. I suppose it is wealthy folks who don't care if they ever get the items or not. I am a hard working person and I think anything over two weeks is basically not acceptable. I run two businesses online. I offer free shipping and priority mail. The competition is so heavy, I take customer service to heart. I have never been treated so rudely in my life..oh and by the way I am still out my money. My advise is DON'T BUY FROM ZULILY. BUYER BEWARE

4/11/13

I will not be ordering from them again. The deal was great I order over 3 weeks ago and because they give you the option of posting to Facebook so your friends can order I did this. I had 3 friends order through my link and they claim you get a $20 credit for each friend I only received one credit. I am still waiting for a partial order which they have already informed me can not be filled so they are supposedly upgrading it to 2013 style and I still don't have it. One of my friends who order from my link 2 days later(whom I didn't get any credit for) also received partial shipment and an email saying some of her items were no longer available but would be upgraded. Today she received an email after waiting 3 weeks that they cancelled her order!!!! They are going to give her a $10 credit for her trouble!! Seriously?? In the form of store credit!!!! Who would buy from them again?? Awful customer service they scam you into buying stuff they can't fulfill. Avoid this site and shop on Amazon or ebay instead!!

4/10/13

Ordered 2 items from this site and I love it! Yes, the shipping time was a little long, but it's not that big of an inconvenience. They always have new and interesting products at great prices! Also getting credit for inviting friends takes forever, but you get $20 free when they order, and who's not happy with free money?

4/9/13

The women's clothing is cheap junk. I ordered many things, but most were pathetic quality. Guess my grandpa was right - you get what you pay for. NEVER AGAIN!

4/8/13

Wish I could rate this site ZERO stars. What a fraud!!!!!!! "Buyers beware" Where do I start: first it took exactly one month for my order to arrive. I ordered one month early for my daughter, in the hopes that I will receive it in time for Easter - nope, that did not happe!. Second, the "brand name" clothing that they claim was definetely not brand name at all... CHEAP CHEAP quality clothing. And to make matters worse, the site is not safe at all. I received two additional/even amount/ huge fraudulent charges on my American Express bill, that coinceded with my purchase on their website. Luckily, American Express is very good at dealing with fraudulent activities, and I was not responsible to pay for those charges...how scary is that!!!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS ONLINE STORE AT ALL. This fraudelent website should be close for good

4/4/13

The orders take forever to get filled if they get filled. I placed an order Early March for 2 dresses for my niece. I have called twice to see when the items will be shipped - since they were easter presents - I go into the site today and the order states cancelled. When I call I get told the inventory was low. How can you trust these people with kids gifts. Now my niece did not get an easter present and I have to scramble to find something else fast. I would not trust them and thier vendors.

4/1/13

Still waiting on my shipment from Feb. 12 and it's uh....April 1st. Really not worth waiting for. Ya think????

3/30/13

I recently ordered over 150 items from zulily. The items are shipped when they are received from the source. Initially, I waited about 8 days for my first shipment. This shipment was a combination of available items from different orders. After that, a lot of my items have been shipped.
The only problem I have is with the bank balance. It would seem that I am billed from the time I place the order. Then my balance keeps fluctuating each time items are shipped to me.
I have not received all my items so I am not sure if my balance will be fixed after that. I have contacted zulily to ask whether I am being billed twice. I am awaiting a response.
The items I have received so far are exactly as they were presented on the site. I have no complaints and the quality is excellent.
Oh one more thing, I have been shopping around and found some of the same items , same colour, material, brand, from Zulily on other sites for half the price. So shop around before making a final purchase since they are not quite the cheapest for all items.
Overall, great site for online shopping. I hate that sooo many cute things have to be added each day. Happy shopping.

3/26/13

After reading a few reviews I feel I've been scammed by Zulily and that what I initially thought my mistake was theirs (but a mistake? hmm)...and more common than I might think.

I've had 2 orders where there were duplicate items and they were some of the most recent. The first I thought my fault and let it go. The 2nd time there were not only duplicates but these were things in my basket that I had left there deciding not to order at the time. I DID NOT send the orders through and one of the items there was a duplicate. This order was about $100 worth and I didn't even know it was coming until they announced the delivery in an email. I checked their update emails when they came and also my orders on the site and both orders had been put in that way making it look like my mistake. I wrote them about it but all I received was a change-of-password email, nothing about what happened like someone must have hacked my account. If so, why would they have stuff I'd put in the basket sent to me?? I was already receiving a few things in banged up boxes and a few scuffed that I kept anyway because they've stated no returns... so I wasn't ordering anything so easily anymore. Then this started happening.

I'm closing my account. After dozens of orders and now with this type of scam I'm through. I feel they should be investigated at this point.

3/25/13

I have made about 50 orders with zulily. On only one occasion did I get the wrong item and they promptly refunded my money for it. You get great, great deals on designer items. Just yesterday I spent $60 dollars for a $300 watch. I am very pleased with zulily. It is not a scam and everything that I receive is FABULOUS. It is worth the wait for the items because you just can't get beat the prices for the current season designer items.

3/24/13

I am Glad to see at least a few people informed themselves ahead of time and did not have any false, preconceived notions about delivery times of their products they bought from Zulily.
I personally, have never bought from Zulily yet, (I will though in spite of so many negative remarks in reviews.) But...I NEED to say all this about that. Today, while researching the company, Zulily.com, I studied the site extensively, then ventured into the Zulily reviews on other sites. I found numerous complaints in forum comments and reviews about Zulily. I saw the same complaint over and over; THE SHIPPING WAIT!. So I went back to Zulilys policys and found that it is stated ahead of time quite openly that the shipping delays are something you just have to SOMETIMES live with if you want the very, VERY low prices. Most people, after viewing pretty pictures, only read sizes and buy now buttons, before proceeding with a purchase Online. Then afterwards when things turn out differently than their expectations, based on pre-conceived notions, they occasionally jump into some Online forum or review page and try to avenge themselves single handedly with sulky negative remarks. Sorry, but...as they say, "Look before you Leap." Timing is everything these days, so check the timing on EVERYTHING before you involve yourself, especially ONline.
Instant gratification has become an illness in humanity recently...to the point that some don't bother to read even minimal print on what to expect when purchasing from a new supplier Online then have expectations based on their own perceptions from past experiences. IN a nutshell, the main dissatisfaction appears to be based on the fact that many of these complainers did not look before they leaped. And THAT is mostly what I'm seeing while reading negative reviews about Zulily.
I will buy something from Zulily.com that I am not in a hurry to get, and what I need right now, I will run out right NOW, pay double and get it. This will teach me to think ahead concerning my needs. I think Zulily will continue to flourish and iron out all the many details that are required to make a giant runaway company operate smoothly. Its a great concept and the proof is in the pudding. I read today that Zulily.com went from15,000 members to 5 million within the same year. If thats true, then...Move over Mark Z, as in ZU later. Good for you, everyone at Zulily. Go for it and take your own sweet ZULILY TIME. (ironic Zulily?)

3/18/13

My whole family orders from this site and we love it! We have gotten stuff for the kitchen and clothing. Yes, it takes awhile to get things but when we do recieve the items they are exactly what we ordered, no surprises. The deals are worth the wait! I love zulily!

3/14/13

I have made, roughly, 10 or so orders from this site (as of recent)--probably more; as I am in the process of stocking my "hope chest" for my baby-having days, and hoping to be a stay-at-home mamma--on less-to-none of my current income. So, I have been "investing" where my hopes lie....

From, I thought, my newly discovered excitement, "Zulily:" I have had two or three of those orders "doubled," as in - sent AND BILLED x2 for ONE order made; I did receive all multiple shipments; but obviously, I have no need for two of the EXACT same item, same size, in entire order quantities. Oh, wait, what's that?---I CAN'T RETURN ANY OF IT. Zulily says I am S.O.L. They don't accept returns, for any reasons. Oh, also, the items I did order, they're direct from CHINA, in cheap clear wrap (really: no-tag items), almost all were made of SUPER cheap material, like dollar-store quality, threads loose and all over the place, untrimmed, barely look like they'll make it through a couple wash-cycles. Sizes WAY off. Tried to order a few things in sizes 2 years apart, hoping for matching sibling outfits down the road. Sizes NO where close to relevant....Not pleased. Wish I hadn't been so excited over the seemingly "good" deals. Oh, what's that you say Zulily?---Dress is $70 retail...Not quite. Maybe $5, full-price, at Wal-Mart...or on clearance for $1.20. Thanks for stealing my $20 for a $2 dress, etc., times way too many. Oh, also, don't count on the refer-a-friend for "$10 credit" to your account (upon their purchase)...it never comes. Of course, there's no tracking, no customer service, and no returns, or credit back.

3/13/13

I have ordered Keen shoes, a baby dress, and a cheese grater from Zulily. It does take a pretty long time to receive what is ordered, and you cannot return things, but the quality of what I ordered was excellent. I had no problems at all.

3/12/13

First of all, it IS possible to get great deals on things here. That being said, there is just no organization. I've placed 4 orders with this company over the last 4 months. 2 of which were messed up. The first sent me the wrong color leggings and then of course could not resend them because the event was over. The next order I was informed (after 5 weeks) that the purse I had ordered would not be shipping to me. I was refunded and given a $10 voucher but $10??? This seems trivial and do I really want to go through the process of ordering more and waiting to see if anything will come? Not likely. They could have kept the $10, if you have a retail business, at least provide the products purchased to your customers. With the problems with the orders, they have only a 50% success rate. So if you order something with them, flip a coin. That is a good indicator of whether you will actually get your items or not. But you will probably have to wait for a month and a half to find out.

3/9/13

I bought a shirt and a pair of pants. They were supposed to be 3X. I am guessing they are a size 11-12...on what planet is that a 3X? Now I am stuck with $50.00 dollars worth of clothes that I can't wear. I will never order from this site again I can't spend the money to get stuck with something that is a lie.

3/7/13

This site is afraud most of their products are not even brand name. "Air" sneakers? Sounds and looks like fake nikes they sell it flr $9.99 but thats how much they sell those for at Chinatown. See how many real brand name you see

3/6/13

Ok. I have been shopping from this site since last 3 years on. Must have placed around 50 orders. I agree that shipping is slow, but come on if you want next day delivery then buy it from Amazon. However here are few observation.
Only buy kids and home stuff from this site. Women's products are not good except for scrafs and jewerly.
Before ordering check the price on amazon. In very few cases I found it was cheaper on amazon.
If the product/brand is available on amazon then check the reviews. There are no reviews on Zulily.
I have bought some very amazing kids clothes from this site and is happy!!

3/3/13

I received an email about items for sale and wanted to try it out. The items were cute for kids and the maxi dresses were priced right. Then I saw Gucci sunglasses and decided to buy them. Unfortunately, since this was my first time ever using the site, I was not aware of the actual shipping process which could take 10-17 days before the item EVER leaves their warehouse, & then of course the slowest method of delivery ever! So long story short, I was buying the maxi dresses for my vacation scheduled 3 weeks after my purchase and had to cancel those dresses since they wouldn't come in time for my trip. I decided to take my chances on the other items and wait. Some of the items came in 3 weeks. Though the glasses were a Valentines gift, I finally received a yesterday (March 2nd). I would say if you need to order things and its not time sensitive, you can shop here. But considering today's technology & sites like amazon offering next day delivery, it's not worth the wait for me. I will probably not use the site again unless the sipping process improves. Also, there is confusion as to what is being charged once items are cancelled. I couldn't figure out what I would be charged for. It also took forever for the charges to hot my account.

3/1/13

Ordered clothes for the first time and money was on hold in my account for days but never deducted. Website had no record of my order nor did customer service. A week later they held money again and FINALLY took it out even though they could never ackowledge the order in the first place. It's been over 3 weeks and still don't have my things. Customer service gives me generic responses and when calling in I was #22 on hold. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM HERE AGAIN!

Perfect!
Not ONLY did my order arrive in a week when I was FULLY ready to sit on my hands for a month, but it's perfect. I saved $40 on an amazing product and it's everything I could have hoped.
Now, maybe DON'T expect a week when it says a month, and you'll actually enjoy your experience. :)

2/28/13

Where do I begin....ok the SHIPPING shocker, yeah I know everyone complains but when I spend $$ for the item and $$ for the shipping the least you can do iss get it to me before the season ends! I have waiting 60 days!!! YES 60 days! So you can imagine I was P.O'd! So I give them another shot....again late shipping and then the item comes in missing a piece(that I paid for) Called and they said ohhh well there are no more in stock sorry! CRAP! So finally I ordered my daughters easter dress in JAN....just to make sure and I just received an email on FEB 28th that they are unable to fullfill my order! ARE YOU SERIOUS! I'M DONE! I dont know how they stay in business!!!! My sister has also had countless issues with missing products and things that NEVER even showed up!

2/28/13

Decent items, sometimes above average. Mostly crap you could find at tjmaxx...and the shipping time is absolutely ridiculous. Never again

2/24/13

Be aware of how Zulily works before buying. Yes, the merchandise is cheaper. Bought 2 blouses, not sure if I would say they were worth the money or the wait to recieve them. I'm still waiting to recieve a dress I purchased almost a month ago. It is a fun and addictive site to browse, but recieving your merchandise is a whole other story. If you are extremely patient, and don't need what you purchased in a timely fashion, then you're ok. Everything arrives piece meal, one item at a time even if purchased on the same order.

2/23/13

So at first I thought the prices of the things they were selling was really good. It seemed like designer merchandise at Target prices, so I bought a few things. I just got the things I ordered and I can't believe how cheap it is. I realize that this is the reason why they don't allow returns. These clothes are even cheaper than H&M! They're not even wearable. I feel so ripped off

2/22/13

I love zulily alot, great prices, all you need to do just be patience about shipping time. Just try to order season ahead. LOVE THEIR BLOWOUTS!!!Worth to try!

2/22/13

Have made 5 separate orders. It took almost 3 weeks for the first orders arrival, but I was prepared for that. The first things I ordered were children's clothing and they were ok. So decided to try adult items. Using their size chart, and understanding I could not return items if for any reason I didn't like them. I took a chance. BIG mistake. Size not even close. Color on website and color of item way off. They said it was turquiose, it was not. I have another childrens' order coming and then I'm done. Will warn you and all my friends. Your foolish if you order from a company who does not care if you are satified with you purchase. Buyer beware!

2/22/13

LOVE LOVE LOVE Zulily! But, I hate when they have something fabulous and I don't have money lol
Yes, shipping takes forever - if you'd bother to read anything, you'd know how the site works... They have a sale, they collect orders, after the sale they place a huge order with a company (mostly overseas) and the company ships to Zulily and then Zulily ships the items to you. So, expect to wait a little (average wait is 3 weeks).
I've ordered quite a bit and never had any problems and have been completely satisfied with what I've gotten.
One time so far a dress I ordered for my daughter wasn't in the package, but they promptly refunded me (too bad because I REALLY wanted the dress) but such is life... There are starving people in this world... and communist dictatorships killing people for nothing- Not receiving my daughter's dress was hardly cause for an internet riot lol Although the dress was amazing and I'm still kinda sad lol
I'll continue to shop there... in fact, every morning I watch the clock, painfully, until it hits 9 am... or the second I get an alert on my phone from the Zulily , I drop everything to go check it out.

2/17/13

Do not use Zulily! I understand how the shipping works and that it's a little slower. But I didn't receive my order just an email telling me "sorry the shipper couldn't deliver and your items are returned" and that it was "impossible for them to reship" They did refund my money. But that's not the point, I wanted the items I ordered. There was no explanation of why the shipper couldn't deliver which seems odd since I order online all the time. It was all just shady and when i complained to customers service there was no apologizing or offering to make it better. Don't waste your time, buy from a real company.

2/16/13

You can't even browse the site without entering an email address. Not worth it, especially after reading all these terrible reviews.

1/26/13

This is the words company I've ever bought anything from on the internet. Bought a bed. Took forever to get it. The posts were too low. Couldn't get a refund. Couldn't get replacement posts. Real $#*! on the phone who didn't care. Don't support this scam business

1/20/13

Ludicrous! I ordered these items and it is taken nearly a month!!!! I've checked the status of my package and it had been shipped but is now sitting in Sacramento, CA and has been there for almost a week!!?? I love the style and prices, but will NEVER order from there ever again, because shipping takes WAY too long.

1/19/13

It is clearly explained at the website how the shipping works and why the items are so much cheaper. Because you have to wait. Just relax, order stuff that sometimes is very unique and hard to get anywhere else and wait. I have been ordering from them a lot, stuff just keeps comming and I am really satisfied so far with the quality of merchandise. I wish the returns were possible, but can live without it. You can always sell the wrong size on ebay and still make money of it if you really have to.

1/17/13

I ordered a dress on Jan. 3, 2013 and it arrived on Jan. 14. Shipping takes awhile but they do explain that the merchandise comes from somewhere else, then Zulily ships it to you.

I am 100% satisfied with my dress. The size is accurate, the fabric is very comfy and a nice quality for such a low price. The dress looks nice in the picture but I wasn't sure what it would actually look like. I am very pleased with the quality and fit.

I don't agree with their no returns policy and the shipping is extremely slow, so they should change those two things if they want to stay competitive with other retailers, but I would order again as long as I'm not in a hurry for it.

1/6/13

I have ordered from Zulily many times and had all great experiences. At first I was concerned about my orders and checked on them frequently, but now I know to expect about a month of wait time. I have had success ordering gifts for holidays and birthdays 3 to 4 weeks ahead of time. The people I have gifted have not been disappointed either.

1/3/13

I purchased some shoes that were last years "model." I got them for $15 a piece instead of $55 a piece. They came with free shipping, and fast. I have no complaints, but have only ordered from them once.

1/3/13

T-shirts, etc. arrived fine, sized okay, etc. BUT The (Flame) Smart Gear bike we had shipped to our grandson arrived in Bubblelicious (all pink) and NO RETURNS...so we're left with having to paint and remodel the bike. A customer service rep said she'd have someone contact me: no response. Beware.

1/2/13

Cheap is right. Quality terrible. I ordered maternity, baby and toddler clothing. All are of very poor quality. Would send back, if I could. Order came in three different shipments and only one of those arrived in time for Christmas (order was placed on Dec. 17). Will NOT buy from site again.

1/2/13

Bad quality Clothes, shoes.. they make it sound like you are hetting a deal , thats not the case . Ordered a Gucci handbag , it prove to be fake .. It's defently a scam,don't know how they stay in business

The Best Baby Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber