US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

ginas13

I called customer service and he was very nice which made it a little better. (in 171 reviews)

kathyb40

You pay once, then get free shipping for the day (or all weekend if you order on a Friday). (in 678 reviews)

marianneg

I ordered 5 outfits and they came about 3 weeks later. (in 65 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

ec70
12/21/13

**WHAT A HORRID EXPERIENCE... NO STARS**
I cannot believe the disappointment with this website. I thought I was getting great deals I ordered quite a large shipment on Black Friday and yet here it is almost one month later and still I have nothing I really wish I had read the reviews before spending my money I had no idea how horrible this website was I bought tons of maternity clothes that I probably won't be able to fit once it finally arrives. Now I am reading that there is no returns. I have gotten 2 different emails saying an item wont be delivered til after Christmas. I will definitely not use this site ever again.

ketsias
12/21/13

I had to place an order twice for the same item. The last time they told me that I should receive it by Christmas, well just got an email saying my order was cancelled. Please DONT ORDER FROM THAT SITE.

mariamz
12/20/13

Well I just ordered from this site for the first time, thier customer srv rep was very helpful, and the quality looks good so lets see what I get, since there are many negative reviews that positive ones ...wish me luck

robertat4
12/20/13

Before I placed my order I did not see 1 negative review for this site! I have placed 2 orders 1 on Dec. 1, 2013 for 8 items and another on Dec. 5th, 2013 for 5 items.
So far only 1 item has been delivered! I just sent an email today Dec. 20th because there isn't any tracking info. on 6 of the items. Starting to get WORRIED!!!
Will rate this site after I get my order.

heatherg14
12/20/13

They have stolen $85.00 from me. I placed an order on 11/27. Was charged the same day. 12/1 received an email stating how their shipping worked. At that point I knew to just wait. Today 12/20 I checked my order status. It is cancelled. I checked my bank account and have received no refund. That's what I call stealing.

jenniferh39
12/19/13

Why cant' we give negative or 0 stars? I ordered a Christmas present for my 7 year old nephew and my package was guaranteed to arrive before Christmas. I was told via a generated e-mail that my package shipped on Wed 12/11. When I didn't see in change in the tracking after a couple of days, I called and they said that I had to wait 5 days just to be safe. I waited. I called back and was jerked around about where my package was. No one ever called me back when they said they would or returned e-mails as promised. I finally called again this morning, only to be told that they had no idea where my package was, that they were declaring lost and I would receive my refund in 7-10 days. They were never planning on telling me that my Christmas gift wasn't coming!! They lied too. Everyone I spoke with gave me a different story. Now I am scrambling to find a last minute gift. What a bunch of Grinches and jerks!!

kayg13
12/19/13

I ordered an engraved key chain. The key chain was $18.99 which I believe is an outrages price for the item. Additionally the shipping/handling was $7.78 for a package that weighed 0.950 lbs. The total for one small keychain was $26.77. I know I could have not ordered it but it has a special meaning to someone I care very much for. I won't use them again.

Kay Grady
Reno, NV

ld28
12/19/13

I am so disappointed with this company. I place 5 different orders around the 23rd of November. I have only received 4 of the 10 items so far. I got an email yesterday stating one of my orders had been canceled. Nothing like last minute, eh? I love that you can't return/exchange/refund ANYTHING, but zulily can charge you for an item and then cancel the order a month later. Shipping is a frigging joke. $7.95 per order and you wait, at a MINIMUM, a month for it to be shipped. The commercials you see on TV are falsely advertising that you can't find these deals anywhere else. I decided to test that statement. They were offering Zaggora work out gear a few weeks back so I went to to Zaggora's website directly and they were running the EXACT same sale on their website...same prices as zulily. They had more options and you were able to return and exchange. What a joke zulily is! Do yourself a favor...use zulily as a reference point and then find those items (for the same price, better shipping price/time and be able to return if needed) on a different, more reliable site.

heathers34
12/18/13

Order from Zulily if you like to wait 2 months to be told that your order has been cancelled. I ordered onesies with matching pants, and and both times, the pants have been cancelled... along with half of my order AFTER my order status on those items said "in transit to Zulily" for a month. I am SO pissed with them. I ordered an outfit that i was planning to take my son home from the hospital in since i am on bed rest, and waited for over a month to find out that it has now been cancelled.

joannec7
12/18/13

Buyer beware! Absolutely no returns, no refunds! Sizes are almost always not true to size. Make sure you look at dimensions. Ordered a pillow with a saying on it, not paying attention to size. It came and was the perfect size - for an baby - about 3" x 5"! Don't order unless you are absolutely sure you can use or regift!

davidc137
12/18/13

My friend was HONEST and told Intellisource everything about his criminal background (The one misdemeanour he was sentenced for). After 3 weeks of them performing a background check they told him it was good and that they just had to make sure thats all it was. They hired my friend on at Zulily, had him work 4 weeks. He was amazing at the Job got great numbers and received several rewards for his work. on the 28th day of Employment, they FIRED him because of the background check in which he was told was ok. This is a heartless move by your company, Zulily is a great place to work but Intellisource is awful. I don't understand why you could do this other than we in Nevada and its a right to work...

dustinj2
12/17/13

If I could go lower I would, if you need your package in the next half year I would go ahead and order from someone else. Also I was told that they could not refund my order on a pending shipment. This site is a joke, you have been warned.

ruthb27
12/17/13

I ordered a size ten outfit for my SMALL ten year old, and it's so tiny, it may fit my TINY three year-old sized five year old. I'm screwwed, because it took a hell of a long time to get to me in the first place, and Christmas is in a week. I have to buy my daughter something else, and I'm beyond broke. I'm super pissed off right now!

sandrah19
12/17/13

This website does not even deserve one star. I ordered something for my grandchild for Christmas on 11/19. At the time of purchase, the site tells you as soon as you proceed to checkout, the item is reserved and guaranteed. I have waited a month for the item and yesterday I received an email telling me they no longer have the item that was reserved for me. For my inconvenience, they offered me a store credit of $10. By the time you pay shipping, there is virtually nothing to purchase for $10. I told them to keep their credit. I will never shop there again. If your word is not reliable and your service and delivery terrible, you don't deserve my business

anabeld
12/16/13

I placed an order November 23, 2013, they broke my stuff into 4 separate packages even though they are from only two different brands. I got my first e-mail stating that some of my items had been shipped on December 13, but with an estimated delivery date of 5-10 business days. Today (Dec.16) I got the last e-mail out of the four stating that my package had been shipped and again that means I won't be getting that stuff until the end of the month!!!!! I'm very disappointed, never imagined it would take about a MONTH for me to get my stuff. I get diapers I order online in TWO days and whenever I buy clothing I wait ONE WEEK tops to get my stuff. Not only that, most of their stuff cannot be returned, but even if it was can you just imagine how long that would take! Just a waste of time..... They do have neat and super cute stuff for little girls but I'm sure they can be found in other websites, more efficient ones.

marys107
12/15/13

Awful! I have been duped and it sounds like I am not the first. What is the benefit of working with a company like this (I ask myself)? No service and the value means nothing when you wait 6 weeks for an item to arrive. Never again!!

monican1
12/14/13

I started I ordering nov. 21, 2013. I placed about 6 or 7 ordered in two weeks. It is now dec 13 and I just got the first item. That is ridiculous in this day and times when products are delivered in two days time. I stopped ordering a week ago when I realized they DRAG on shipments. I needed to ship these gifts to different people and now I'm screwed!! What's the point? They say guaranteed Christmas delivery nut when you order in late Nov you think - of course it's gonna get here by Christmas but now I'm seriously doubting it. Some of my items won't even ship til Dec 20! That is just absolutely unacceptable.

paulettem3
12/13/13

Just found out they ship in bulk. The item I ordered on 12-11-13 will not be shipped until 12-27-13. I was wanting these shoes before Christmas. This was a total waste of money. If you dont mind getting your order several weeks after you order then this site is good for you. I suggest you check out Zappos.com, you get your items in less than a week and they are reasonable in price.

amyl28
12/12/13

do not use this site if you want to get your items in any predicted amount of time…..some items are junk…some are great….like a box of chocolates…you never know what your are going to get…yet, as they wish, im sure, i keep ordering thinking its gotta get better, quicker….NOT

christinem22
12/11/13

I rated the website great because it is but if i have to rate the product it would be a 1 star. I had bought 2 really cute coats for my little girls but no sooner did they wear them buttons were falling off. The coats were poorly made. I come browse but I wont buy anything because I'm gonna hate if I get the same quality. Good luck buyers.

kristenh5
12/11/13

As with many other reviewers, the item I received was not the item I ordered. It was a different manufacturer, a different fit, and a different design. And it looked incredibly cheap. It was similar to the one on their website but not what I ordered. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, because they agreed to take the item back. I don't really understand how a company like this can stay in business. It's my bad for not researching them first, but given how many good discount/online retailers there are (Sierra Trading Post being my favorite), it's hard to see how they manage to turn a profit. Unless it's mostly first-time customers who get burned and never come back. Lesson learned.

suea10
12/10/13

I bought from Zulily off and on over the last two years, probably spending a few thousand over the years. They used to have great stuff at a decent discount, as well as high quality stuff, in the beginning. But starting last year/xmas time, I noticed that my purchases were hit or miss... sometimes I would love the item that I buy and other times I would just junk it. I started ordering from Zulily again in October/November of 2013 for xmas, and the stuff I'm getting is PURE JUNK. I noticed that they also INFLATE the original price, making one think you're getting more of a deal (when in fact they are just pure lying). Example, this week they have costco memberships for $55 and $110. How is that different from buying from Costco directly? It isn't. However, they listed the "original price" as $160 and $220, respectively, making one think that they actually saved money. Also, I bought $400 in toys (Battat) just to find out that I could have gotten it for the same price OR LESS on Amazon. I have some credits on Zulily, and once I use it I will never order from them again. Rip off and a junk store now.... too bad. I used to connote Zulily with high quality, which is what it used to be in the beginning. Sad that they are now all about money, selling junk and lying about the original prices.

jl50
12/9/13

Don';t ever buy here, if you do you have to wait almost two months to get your stuff.
plus item are of a poor quality and sizes are too small. Don't waste your time and money.

sarat14
12/9/13

I ordered a Christmas gift for my nephew on Zulily.com. Once it finally arrived, they mysteriously billed my credit card multiple times (in odd amounts) AND charged me for shipping (which is supposedly free when you spend over $20). When I called to find out what the heck was going on, they explained "We don't bill your credit card until the items ship out. The extra charges you are seeing are for "pre-authorizations. These extra charges will disappear after 72 hours". Ok- we will see. Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't understand why they would be charging odd "pre-auth" amounts to my Visa AFTER I have already paid for the items and AFTER the items were delivered? Will NOT be using them again.

kathyc25
12/8/13

First of all, I pulled up Zulily to review the quality and style of their merchandise. Right away, I had to give them my email address and password and then they wanted my name address and telephone number. I exited the site. From what I could see of the merchandise, it was tacky, substandard.

jt42
12/8/13

I bought from Zulily for about 2 years off and on. Although you get good deals on some items, most of the clothes are of poor quality(some brand name kitchen items not too bad). The one thing I found the most disturbing is the misleading pictures. I bought a little scully cap for my infant. The picture and discription had no mention of a ball on the top of it. When I recieved the product there was a ball of 100%FUR on top! I am anti-fur so this was very upsetting. I stopped buying from them altogether.

tiffanyp6
12/8/13

I've ordered from them several times and yes shipping is slow but, I expected that after reading their website. However, my complaint is about ordering a few things that never arrived. After contacting customer service they tell me " I'm sorry you were never contacted but, your order of this/these items was canceled because of a stocking issue." So, I was sitting here waiting on stuff that would never come. This did not happen once, but twice in the last two months. I will not be shopping with them again. Most of the time stuff they have on their site is the same price on amazon anyway. Very disappointed . Would not suggest ordering from them at all.

natalyal
12/8/13

Don't be fooled by this site. Their clothing is a very poor quality. The prices are not cheap for the quality of clothing they sell. Shipping takes months! Customer service is awful. I'm done w/ them!

laurynn
12/6/13

HATE IT!! This is the 2nd order and the 2nd time the clothes are RIDICULOUSLY too small! I KNOW what size i wear! This time, i saw this beautiful dress.. so I went UP a size.. NOPE!! It came today after over a week of waiting.. and shock. ITS TOO SMALL.. WHAT THE F*CK is up with this? The first order, was a pair of jeggings.. they were SO SMALL .. at least by 4 sizes.. there is NO way.. NO EFFIN WAY they were the size i ordered. But the label said they were.. I was totally disappointed..

louisez
12/6/13

i find it odd to see so many negative comments on zulily, any time i had a problem, they take care of it, I had a shirt that came with a hole in it and they gave me my money back and I got to keep the shirt, just fix the hole. And yes their ship times are slow but it CLEARLY noted on the site. I have found the customer service to be Amazing. As for quality of items, it sometimes is a crap shoot, but again I found the customer service reps empowered and ready to help out, even if it is store credit. I did order a shirt and wonder why it fit so small, but my bad I didnt look at he size chart. You really have to read over the whole description and site rules and stuff before you can get too upset.

lesliep15
12/6/13

I will admit that some of the giftware is fine but the clothes run very, very small. I decided to only order brands I was familiar with if there was a good deal. So far 2 pair of size 9 shoes, dansko and earth, have been passed on to my size 7.5 friend. Will not do this again. The shipping is slow but that is clearly stated on the site.

jak715
12/5/13

Thought I was in shoppers heaven when I first joined and I bought nearly every day spending upwards of $7,000 in the first 4 months (have cancer, don't shop at malls, buy gifts for loved ones because who knows next year I may not be able to and no, I'm not wealthy but am spending their inheritance). I found slow delivery times mildly annoying but I adjusted to it.

Customer service is terrible - the reps have NO power to do anything but they are trained to talk someone down from screaming frustration. The largest complaint I have is NO RETURNS for faulty merchandise or slipshod advertising. In the past approx 45 days I have donated $400 in Zulily merchandise to a local charity for differences in manufacturers sizing, low quality, transparent fabrics made of stretchy synthetics, misshapen shipping accidents, and many other flaws.

I studied their presentation of items/listings on their site closely before buying. Photography is often poor and inadequate to make an informed decision about buying. You can't see more than one view and often even with zoom the photos do not show details. SURPRISE! I took many chances, ordered and was surprised to find colors off, cheap fabrics, unprofessional construction, low quality. Short and inadequate descriptions that are often copied over to describe other similar but not exact items. Descriptions offer inane information that wastes limited listing space such as "will delight your little princess"; "has many uses", etc. What we need is full disclosure. I know that is asking a lot for their turnover of merchandise often lasting 2-3 days but when a business is asking the public to support it billion dollar growth they can't afford these kinds of inferior marketing, advertising and customer service errors.

Terrible packing/shipping! I received clothing ($50 girl's dress) crumpled up in a ball of wrinkles among many other examples. I have heard from one of their employees that they are overworked and underpaid and packing centers have no A/C in summer or insufficient heat in winter; 8 bathrooms for 7,000 employees often without TP. That's just the beginning of the problems they have in rapid growth. No wonder they crumple things up.

Quality is so important when you gift someone... is your dollar going for the best you can buy? I've taken to not giving in to their scary"buy it now, last one" type messages. Instead, I go to similar sites and do comparisons for price, finding for instance reviews on Amazon to be a great resource of information. I also Google the manufacturer's site to gain more in-depth information about the product.

Anoter observation is current style. Come on, everything from 1970's maxi dresses to 1990's mini-mini dresses? Fashion has trends and does not include everything mankind ever found trendy, it changes from season to season. Many times the items they offer are waa-ay out of style, the kind of thing you see on Macy's 70% off rack for months on end or in a mall sidewalk sale. It takes a LOT of time to peruse their site on a daily basis if you don't want to miss out on a item. Can't tell you how that suckered me into wasting hours of time. That's on me, though.

They offer customers a "My Closet" feature that allows you to see everything you have purchased and the funny thing is they tell you how much you have saved by buying from them. This is based upon inflated Manufacture's Suggested Retail Prices (and I have found the MSRP on other sites for exact items to be lower than they quote), thus the "savings" are inflated and this is supposed to fool us how? It is a questionable marketing practice at best and a lie at worst.

Bottom line is Zulily just launched worldwide sites catering to each country BEFORE they solved the obvious problems of their U.S. site. We'll see how that goes. As long as they are making money and customer's think they are getting a quality bargain they will rake in the bucks and their stock will soar but when customers (finally) figure out the drawbacks of shopping with them will it be too late for them to recover their share of the market? Or are they going to be satisfied with a flash-in-the-pan success?

valentinaa
12/4/13

I placed an order over a month ago and the order still hasn't arrived. There hasn't even been one email to update me on the status of my order. This company is a joke. Please avoid at all costs. I fell for their slick advertising and polished website. I wish I had been more diligent and read the reviews of this site before ordering.

km41
12/3/13

Just received shirt I ordered for my son that showed 'Pluto' brand on tag in picture online. Received shirt and its the cheap 'Rabbit' brand you can buy at Walgreens--not a Pluto shirt.

It is not legal to bait and switch but they do. When emailing them with a pic and asking for a explanation, they did mot respond. Just noticed a $10 credit I can use but NO notification even in regards to credit.

BUYER BEWARE! You may not receive what you think you ordered!

shellyd11
12/2/13

It's been nearly a month and my stuff still is not here. I am soooo sorry I decided to give this outfit a try. If and when my merchandise gets here their emails will go to my spam. No chance of returning anything if it's wrong; I could kick myself as I NEVER order things that can't be returned. (Where was my brain that day?) But they did say that up front. However, I have a feeling that if anything is defective it'll be a cold day in Hades to get it taken care of. 12/2/13

kelseys6
12/1/13

Ordered a maternity coat, recieved a NORMAL FITTED COAT and there is no return policy. I will never order from them again.

kristend6
12/1/13

This site is absolutely ridiculous....I can't even speak for the items because I have not received anything and it's almost been a month since I placed my order.....I will NEVER shop here again.....I'll stick with Amazon where I get my items in 2 days....even ebay where I've ordered items from China that are here by now....what a waste of time and money......

judithr4
11/30/13

I have placed more than 20 orders with Zulily and have managed to score only a couple of really good deals. Overall, I feel scammed and cheated. My most recent order included two shrug sweaters (same sweater/differant colors) that looked really cute in the photo. When I got them both had the collars on upside down!!!! Add to that all the items that were not true to size, the sweaters that did not show in the photo that they were "glittery" instead of the finish they looked like, the shoes that have such slippery soles they are unwearable,etc. etc. ....

I'm done ordering from them.

michelleh25
11/29/13

This site sells crap from places like Walmart, big lots, etc and prices it above the in store prices..... if you guys are going to scam customers, at least take the store label off first!!

cindiem
11/29/13

Don't be fooled, these aren't great deals! Had been ordering on this site for over a year spending hundreds thinking what a deal I was getting! Then one day I ordered a kids indoor/outdoor tent for $20, went to Ross the next day and saw the EXACT tent for 14.99. Fast forward a few months, bought a kids learning puzzle at Ross for $4 went on the site the next day and saw the exact same puzzle for $8.99!!!

lindag30
11/27/13

Well let's see, I ordered a dress shoes and a jacket Nov. 1 for the Nutcracker which isn't until Dec 14th. just received everything but the dress which they cancelled, said company didn't send them enough. 3 weeks to deliver. I will not order dresses from here again every one I have ordered they have cancelled.
As far as the kids jeans can't beat the price and they do ship pretty fast, quality good...Just don't order from here if your in a hurry or have your heart set on an item.. They will cancel your order if the company doesn't send them enough. They credited my pay pal account right away and gave me 10 dollars credit.

sumalathar
11/26/13

Though they have mentioned that shipping takes 9-10 days, its much worse than that. I ordered some stuff and its been 25 days now and still have not got it and no tracking information on UPS either. And shipping charges are insane too. Not sure if the merchandise is really worth the wait.

janiceh7
11/26/13

I ordered merchandise from zulily last year for christmas gifts and was very pleased with all the items; however, can't say that I feel the same way this year. I am very disappointed with most of the items I have received so far (too small, low quality, far superior compared to last year's items that I bought). I ordered 3 vests and those were fine but other clothing are the problem. I am expecting more shipment but I don't have much hope that they will be any better than what I have received so far. I will now have to go into the store and buy Christmas gifts for my family and friends. I would like to cancel the orders that have not been shipped yet but seems it's impossible. I don't plan on ordering from Zulily anymore.

janel46
11/24/13

It takes a long time for them to ship the merchandise. You will receive your purchases in 2 or more weeks. If you plan to make a purchase for gifts, you have to order it way before the event. Their referral program is stupid. They don't completely state what their policies are for the said program resulting in confusion for those who intends to participate in the program. To simply put it, I don't recommend this site! You are better off with other discount sites, such as amazon, gilt, ebay, etc.

dlw1
11/23/13

What's going on with this site? I placed 2 orders (free shipping) the other day. I have not received order confirmation, date for shipping…nothing!! Is this site for real??
It would be shameful if they are "picking the pockets" of consumers right before the holidays!! Any good experiences out there??

pamn5
11/20/13

I have been a loyal zulily customer from the beginning but the quality of the goods and the customer service have gone down as zulily grew. The odds are no longer in the customer's favor. You have to understand the company model. They work with companies to sell odd lots etc. They are not a warehouse. They advertise the stuff, take orders, and then the items are sent to customers. And now it takes a really, really long time to get your items. Sometimes a month. Better to buy local. And sometimes when the goods get to the customer, they are of poor quality. Zulily doesn't care, there will always be another customer. Read the reviews here and on their FB page and beware.

tinas21
11/18/13

I can only give it one star as i have not received my shipment because the date keeps on changing....Not cool. I ordered these items two weeks before my birthday and I still haven't received one item .....they didn't mention that they have to MAKE the clothes

dianed10
11/17/13

One star is too high for zulily. The quality is zero. The service is zero. Total waste of money and time. They won't be in business long.

angeliqueb1
11/16/13

I read up on the site before I made a purchase and understood it would take some time for my order to arrive and that they do not accept returns. When my order got to me after a few weeks, one of the headphones I purchased was damaged. I contacted them and got a refund for the headphones plus a $10 credit to cover the shipping I had paid for. I was happy with that and ordered a pair a boots from them the next week. When I went to pay for the boots I had a $410 credit instead of $10. I contacted customer service again and they gave me the boots for free because I let them know about the $400 error. When I got the boots a few weeks later I open them up to find that they smelled so badly of diesel fuel that I had to leave them outside. They are the cheapest boots I have ever seen. Poorly made and thin material. I would have complained but they were free. After 3 weeks of leaving them outside they still smell. Can't even give them to Goodwill, I'm throwing them away!

donnab24
11/16/13

If you are unhappy about the time it takes to receive an order, you need to understand how the site works. They don't have the merchandise on hand that they offer. They offer it for a certain amount of time and then order it from the company/distributor/importer. That's also why there are no returns.

That said, I don't recommend ordering from this site. Have you ever had socks not fit?? I mean a standard pair of women's socks that won't go over an average size foot? They were clearly a factory mistake or "second" and I have no recourse. I have had a couple of other similar experiences when I thought I'd give them another chance...both were disappointing. And why take that chance when there are so many other discounted online shopping sources that 100% stand by their merchandise? Anyway, and online shopping experience that requires you to log in with email and a password is just ridiculous.

12 Photos for Zulily