US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

ginas13

I called customer service and he was very nice which made it a little better. (in 176 reviews)

kathyb40

You pay once, then get free shipping for the day (or all weekend if you order on a Friday). (in 662 reviews)

aileenp1

It states very clearly on the website 2 to 3 weeks to ship. (in 62 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jak715
12/5/13

Thought I was in shoppers heaven when I first joined and I bought nearly every day spending upwards of $7,000 in the first 4 months (have cancer, don't shop at malls, buy gifts for loved ones because who knows next year I may not be able to and no, I'm not wealthy but am spending their inheritance). I found slow delivery times mildly annoying but I adjusted to it.

Customer service is terrible - the reps have NO power to do anything but they are trained to talk someone down from screaming frustration. The largest complaint I have is NO RETURNS for faulty merchandise or slipshod advertising. In the past approx 45 days I have donated $400 in Zulily merchandise to a local charity for differences in manufacturers sizing, low quality, transparent fabrics made of stretchy synthetics, misshapen shipping accidents, and many other flaws.

I studied their presentation of items/listings on their site closely before buying. Photography is often poor and inadequate to make an informed decision about buying. You can't see more than one view and often even with zoom the photos do not show details. SURPRISE! I took many chances, ordered and was surprised to find colors off, cheap fabrics, unprofessional construction, low quality. Short and inadequate descriptions that are often copied over to describe other similar but not exact items. Descriptions offer inane information that wastes limited listing space such as "will delight your little princess"; "has many uses", etc. What we need is full disclosure. I know that is asking a lot for their turnover of merchandise often lasting 2-3 days but when a business is asking the public to support it billion dollar growth they can't afford these kinds of inferior marketing, advertising and customer service errors.

Terrible packing/shipping! I received clothing ($50 girl's dress) crumpled up in a ball of wrinkles among many other examples. I have heard from one of their employees that they are overworked and underpaid and packing centers have no A/C in summer or insufficient heat in winter; 8 bathrooms for 7,000 employees often without TP. That's just the beginning of the problems they have in rapid growth. No wonder they crumple things up.

Quality is so important when you gift someone... is your dollar going for the best you can buy? I've taken to not giving in to their scary"buy it now, last one" type messages. Instead, I go to similar sites and do comparisons for price, finding for instance reviews on Amazon to be a great resource of information. I also Google the manufacturer's site to gain more in-depth information about the product.

Anoter observation is current style. Come on, everything from 1970's maxi dresses to 1990's mini-mini dresses? Fashion has trends and does not include everything mankind ever found trendy, it changes from season to season. Many times the items they offer are waa-ay out of style, the kind of thing you see on Macy's 70% off rack for months on end or in a mall sidewalk sale. It takes a LOT of time to peruse their site on a daily basis if you don't want to miss out on a item. Can't tell you how that suckered me into wasting hours of time. That's on me, though.

They offer customers a "My Closet" feature that allows you to see everything you have purchased and the funny thing is they tell you how much you have saved by buying from them. This is based upon inflated Manufacture's Suggested Retail Prices (and I have found the MSRP on other sites for exact items to be lower than they quote), thus the "savings" are inflated and this is supposed to fool us how? It is a questionable marketing practice at best and a lie at worst.

Bottom line is Zulily just launched worldwide sites catering to each country BEFORE they solved the obvious problems of their U.S. site. We'll see how that goes. As long as they are making money and customer's think they are getting a quality bargain they will rake in the bucks and their stock will soar but when customers (finally) figure out the drawbacks of shopping with them will it be too late for them to recover their share of the market? Or are they going to be satisfied with a flash-in-the-pan success?

valentinaa
12/4/13

I placed an order over a month ago and the order still hasn't arrived. There hasn't even been one email to update me on the status of my order. This company is a joke. Please avoid at all costs. I fell for their slick advertising and polished website. I wish I had been more diligent and read the reviews of this site before ordering.

km41
12/3/13

Just received shirt I ordered for my son that showed 'Pluto' brand on tag in picture online. Received shirt and its the cheap 'Rabbit' brand you can buy at Walgreens--not a Pluto shirt.

It is not legal to bait and switch but they do. When emailing them with a pic and asking for a explanation, they did mot respond. Just noticed a $10 credit I can use but NO notification even in regards to credit.

BUYER BEWARE! You may not receive what you think you ordered!

shellyd11
12/2/13

It's been nearly a month and my stuff still is not here. I am soooo sorry I decided to give this outfit a try. If and when my merchandise gets here their emails will go to my spam. No chance of returning anything if it's wrong; I could kick myself as I NEVER order things that can't be returned. (Where was my brain that day?) But they did say that up front. However, I have a feeling that if anything is defective it'll be a cold day in Hades to get it taken care of. 12/2/13

kelseys6
12/1/13

Ordered a maternity coat, recieved a NORMAL FITTED COAT and there is no return policy. I will never order from them again.

judithr4
11/30/13

I have placed more than 20 orders with Zulily and have managed to score only a couple of really good deals. Overall, I feel scammed and cheated. My most recent order included two shrug sweaters (same sweater/differant colors) that looked really cute in the photo. When I got them both had the collars on upside down!!!! Add to that all the items that were not true to size, the sweaters that did not show in the photo that they were "glittery" instead of the finish they looked like, the shoes that have such slippery soles they are unwearable,etc. etc. ....

I'm done ordering from them.

michelleh25
11/29/13

This site sells crap from places like Walmart, big lots, etc and prices it above the in store prices..... if you guys are going to scam customers, at least take the store label off first!!

cindiem
11/29/13

Don't be fooled, these aren't great deals! Had been ordering on this site for over a year spending hundreds thinking what a deal I was getting! Then one day I ordered a kids indoor/outdoor tent for $20, went to Ross the next day and saw the EXACT tent for 14.99. Fast forward a few months, bought a kids learning puzzle at Ross for $4 went on the site the next day and saw the exact same puzzle for $8.99!!!

lindag30
11/27/13

Well let's see, I ordered a dress shoes and a jacket Nov. 1 for the Nutcracker which isn't until Dec 14th. just received everything but the dress which they cancelled, said company didn't send them enough. 3 weeks to deliver. I will not order dresses from here again every one I have ordered they have cancelled.
As far as the kids jeans can't beat the price and they do ship pretty fast, quality good...Just don't order from here if your in a hurry or have your heart set on an item.. They will cancel your order if the company doesn't send them enough. They credited my pay pal account right away and gave me 10 dollars credit.

op111
11/26/13

They do fraud business. I got worst quality items over 100 dollar value each. Even a blind person will never pay for these touching and feeling. Certainly this is scam. There is no return policy which is approve of scam. Don't shop at zulily ever. One star is too much ....

sumalathar
11/26/13

Though they have mentioned that shipping takes 9-10 days, its much worse than that. I ordered some stuff and its been 25 days now and still have not got it and no tracking information on UPS either. And shipping charges are insane too. Not sure if the merchandise is really worth the wait.

janiceh7
11/26/13

I ordered merchandise from zulily last year for christmas gifts and was very pleased with all the items; however, can't say that I feel the same way this year. I am very disappointed with most of the items I have received so far (too small, low quality, far superior compared to last year's items that I bought). I ordered 3 vests and those were fine but other clothing are the problem. I am expecting more shipment but I don't have much hope that they will be any better than what I have received so far. I will now have to go into the store and buy Christmas gifts for my family and friends. I would like to cancel the orders that have not been shipped yet but seems it's impossible. I don't plan on ordering from Zulily anymore.

janel46
11/24/13

It takes a long time for them to ship the merchandise. You will receive your purchases in 2 or more weeks. If you plan to make a purchase for gifts, you have to order it way before the event. Their referral program is stupid. They don't completely state what their policies are for the said program resulting in confusion for those who intends to participate in the program. To simply put it, I don't recommend this site! You are better off with other discount sites, such as amazon, gilt, ebay, etc.

chrisg42
11/24/13

The worst experience I have ever had. I was really excited, to be getting such a great deal on the rising international duster. I waited a month for my order. I started to get concerned that they did not ship yet. So I called customer service, they where no help knew nothing about ware my order was, just told me to wait a couple more days. I called three times total, and the same answer each time. I checked my order on the 5th week and it said they canceled my order without even informing me. I will never order from zullily again. Its a total scam.

dlw1
11/23/13

What's going on with this site? I placed 2 orders (free shipping) the other day. I have not received order confirmation, date for shipping…nothing!! Is this site for real??
It would be shameful if they are "picking the pockets" of consumers right before the holidays!! Any good experiences out there??

carriek10
11/21/13

In all fairness they do inform you of delayed shipping. However, I recently ordered 5 pairs of shoes. 3 for my 4 year old and 2 for me. I have yet to receive one of the pairs of shoes I ordered. They are 10 days past the original date promised. All of the shoes came separately. One of my daughter's shoes arrived in a plastic bag-type package. Which was stuffed in my mailbox by USPS. The sizing is not accurate in the children's shoes. I ordered a 10 for my daughter and received a size 9. Which was too small for her. The quality of all of the items is horrible. I order a pair of women's boots. They had yellow stains all over them. The stitch work on the boots looked dreadful. It was loose in many areas. I will never order from this site again. I wish someone would have warned me.

pamn5
11/20/13

I have been a loyal zulily customer from the beginning but the quality of the goods and the customer service have gone down as zulily grew. The odds are no longer in the customer's favor. You have to understand the company model. They work with companies to sell odd lots etc. They are not a warehouse. They advertise the stuff, take orders, and then the items are sent to customers. And now it takes a really, really long time to get your items. Sometimes a month. Better to buy local. And sometimes when the goods get to the customer, they are of poor quality. Zulily doesn't care, there will always be another customer. Read the reviews here and on their FB page and beware.

michellee12
11/19/13

I ordered a personalized christmas dress for my new baby granddaughter on 10/24/13, along with a shirt for underneath, tights, shoes, and a hair bow. Well of course everything else finally came in except for the dress. Now I am told it has been cancelled. What good are all the other items, if I don't get the dress. Of course, they say they will refund the dress cost, but that doesn't help with the rest of the items-now they are useless. And it is too late to find something else. I will NEVER recommend this site and will NEVER use it again for any reason. Very disappointed in this company, but I shouldn't be surprised - most are not customer friendly, just laughing all the way to the bank with my money.

tinas21
11/18/13

I can only give it one star as i have not received my shipment because the date keeps on changing....Not cool. I ordered these items two weeks before my birthday and I still haven't received one item .....they didn't mention that they have to MAKE the clothes

dianed10
11/17/13

One star is too high for zulily. The quality is zero. The service is zero. Total waste of money and time. They won't be in business long.

angeliqueb1
11/16/13

I read up on the site before I made a purchase and understood it would take some time for my order to arrive and that they do not accept returns. When my order got to me after a few weeks, one of the headphones I purchased was damaged. I contacted them and got a refund for the headphones plus a $10 credit to cover the shipping I had paid for. I was happy with that and ordered a pair a boots from them the next week. When I went to pay for the boots I had a $410 credit instead of $10. I contacted customer service again and they gave me the boots for free because I let them know about the $400 error. When I got the boots a few weeks later I open them up to find that they smelled so badly of diesel fuel that I had to leave them outside. They are the cheapest boots I have ever seen. Poorly made and thin material. I would have complained but they were free. After 3 weeks of leaving them outside they still smell. Can't even give them to Goodwill, I'm throwing them away!

donnab24
11/16/13

If you are unhappy about the time it takes to receive an order, you need to understand how the site works. They don't have the merchandise on hand that they offer. They offer it for a certain amount of time and then order it from the company/distributor/importer. That's also why there are no returns.

That said, I don't recommend ordering from this site. Have you ever had socks not fit?? I mean a standard pair of women's socks that won't go over an average size foot? They were clearly a factory mistake or "second" and I have no recourse. I have had a couple of other similar experiences when I thought I'd give them another chance...both were disappointing. And why take that chance when there are so many other discounted online shopping sources that 100% stand by their merchandise? Anyway, and online shopping experience that requires you to log in with email and a password is just ridiculous.

dees24
11/14/13

Terrible customer service, they dont care at all about products that are misrepresented with sizes and when you simply ask for an exchange as it isn't correct, they blatantly just say, oh well...too bad or you, we don't care!
Don't waste one cent on this website, not worth your time or money.

jewelc12
11/14/13

Used to order clothes for my daughter most of the time. But took more than 3 weeks sometimes to recieved my order. Quality is just okay too. Not shopping there anymore.

chezh
11/13/13

Ordered several things for my girls. Some were just ok and others were not....As for as quality goes. SHIPPING TAKES FOREVER! 2-3 wks....that's too long especially when the money is immediately taken from your account. Packing is pretty good tho

theresag6
11/12/13

Still waiting to receive my order that was supposed to be here 11/7/13. I tracked it and 1/2 of the order is to be delivered today, but the other 1/2 now says 11/15/13.....Not Happy!!!!!! The second 1/2 of the order was a birthday gift for 11/13/13.......

saloungej
11/12/13

ORDERED FROM THIS SITE ON 10/25/2013 IT TOOK THE COMAPNY 2WKS FOR AN ORDER COMFIRMATION. I DID NOT GET MY SHIPMENT UNTIL TODAY 11/12/2013 WHICH IS ONLY HALF OF MY ORDER. THE COAT I ORDERED WAS ACTUALLY BETTER THAN I EXPECTED BUT THE RAINBOOTS WERE DOLLAR TREE QUALITY SMH. MY ORDERED WAS WELL PACKAGED BUT I WILL NOT BE ORDERING FROM T HIS COMPANY AGAIN.

bl868
11/11/13

I made a mistake , gave my e mail address to this group .
Getting an e mail nearly daily .
Tried to unsubscribe , getting no where .
Finally gotten hold of their telephone number .
Hope if they would remove my e mail address for me manually .

hilarys1
11/11/13

I have ordered a few things from this website. One was nice quality and a great deal, two were mediocre quality and therefore no cheaper than a department store, two were unwearable (wrong size shipped on one, shirt so strangely designed as to not fit anyone on the other).
Since they seem to not be screening the products they sell, and there is a "no return" policy, buying from the website is a real crap shoot. Don't waste your time and money... you will end up annoyed.

lynns26
11/9/13

I love the merchandise and the quality is usually good also but my granddaughter often outgrows the size i buy her by the time the items arrive.

nickyc
11/7/13

I bought 2 bras, 3 baby outfits and a few items for myself. All were cheap materials and overpriced. The bras were extremly uncomfortable and most of the items took 2 months to deliver. This site is a huge joke.

najs
11/7/13

I ordered a baby onsie with the tutu and a pair of maternity pants... The pants came in about 3 weeks, the onsie with headband came almost a month after my pants... When I did get the onsie, it looked VERY CHEAP! And the headband did not match the outfit. Furthermore, there was no tag in the back of the onsie that said the size. The quality also looked and felt cheap. The onsie felt very hard, definately not 100% cotton... Looked like something that somebody's grandma sewed together. not happy at all with my purchase... The maternity pants were also very cheap.. I would definately not order from here again. Definately would no suggest anyone order from here!

luannc1
11/3/13

I ordered Keen shoes, and the quality is awful. I have never seen such sub standard quality in a Keen shoe, and I have purchased a lot of Keens. Do NOT buy from this company! You are wasting your money...

kelseya
11/2/13

I have made two orders from zulily & when I checked my bank account I had two more orders from zulily. Never going to order from here again!! Plus it takes FOREVER for the product to get to zulily & to be shipped.

carries21
11/2/13

I ordered a shirt for a sudden wedding (sudden in the sense that my idiot brother didn't plan his wedding until the last minute, and I was scrambling to find proper clothes in a short period while living on an island without any real stores). My sister found this for me and ordered it without checking out the site.

The shirt is lovely. It looks great, but I'm not exactly impressed with the site itself.

The shirt arrived in a shipping bag with the shirt basically just shoved in a ball inside. If I hadn't already planned to wash it first, I'd certainly have had to iron it before wear, but the real problem was the fact that one entire sleeve was covered in some kind of stain, like the shirt was rubbed against a tire or something. The stains are fairly bad, though I'm hoping they'll wash out, as I'm out of time and don't have a choice.

The shirt also doesn't have any tags. At all. As in, when I wash this, I won't know how to do it, because even the tags that usually have washing information are missing. That's...questionable.

If I can wash the shirt, I'll write it off as a narrow escape and just not order from this company again. I don't want to bother with a company that doesn't do any quality check whatsoever, because this stain wasn't easy to miss. Someone had to have either seen it or put the shirt on some objectionable surface before packaging. Either way, not good enough for me.

Two stars because I really do like the shirt, and ordering wasn't difficult. Minus three stars for stains and missing tags and questionable quality.

christinew13
11/1/13

Shipping does take a while, but this is clearly stated before you place your order. I have loved everything I have ordered, and I have ordered many items over the past several months. All of my favorites are from zulily. They also tell me when my order is being shipped to zulily and when it has left for my home delivery and provide a tracking number. I have had no problems, so I have not had to contact customer service, so I cannot speak to that.

melissar17
10/29/13

I have not experienced the same quality issues that others have mentioned. The product I have received has always been of a high quality and standard. My biggest gripe with the site is the length of time they take to take my payment. I placed an order on 10/12 and only today, 10/29, has the amount been taken from my account. It's just really annoying. Because of this, I'll probably not used he site anymore. The site dies clearly state the delivery times, so although it's frustrating having to wait so long for the items you ordered, it should be expected.

marleneh1
10/28/13

I ordered 2 pairs of boots. The shipping turn around does take some time, but it was clearly stated when I made my purchase. They even came a couple days earlier than originally expected. I'm sure some of the bad reviews are justified, but I had to share my expierence with the company as I did encounter an issue. Both pairs of boots were manufactured by the same company and I ordered a 5 1/2 for both. However, only one of the pairs fit, and the other which was labeled everywhere a 5 1/2; was a size and a half too big. A friend tried them on who is a size 7 and they fit perfect. I called customer service and they couldn't of done a better job to keep me a satisfied customer. They not only refunded my account with a store credit, they let me keep the boots to pass along to my girlfriend. A+++ for customer service! I've ordered on similar sites (i.e., Nomorerack) and their customer service department was terrible! I now know where to order items for the holidays if I am looking for a good deal. Although, I will be aware of the items that I do purchase. Happy Shopping! Hope this helps some...

gailh28
10/28/13

Terrible experience.

Ordered over 3 weeks ago, it took 3 weeks for it to process and then they cancelled my order. They do not have the merchandise when you buy it, so they don't process your order for weeks!
Terrible experience.

veronicao4
10/26/13

Shipping takes FOREVER!!! Also, miss sized products, dirty clothes. DELETE this site from your computer! UGH!!!

alexv10
10/26/13

I don't think this site deserves any stars. I ordered for the first time and received the wrong item. I made several attempts to contact customer service to no avail. I will never order from them again.

lorelav
10/24/13

Purchase a tshirt and its said shipped but when i called they can't find any info to where is my order..

jennifers67
10/22/13

I have had a similar experience...the clothes run very small and they are cheap cheap cheap looking. Very thin material. My items were not returnable, so I'm stuck with cheap looking clothes that are too small. Don't waste your time with this company, no matter how good the deal looks!!!

jannaw
10/18/13

Apparently there is no quality control at Zulily. Recently, I increased by orders b/c I needed fall clothing for my daughter, who just started school. Unless you purchase a nationally-recognized brand, DON'T ORDER! The sizing is weird, the clothing is made of low-quality fabric, there are tears, holes, seams coming apart, and recently, a holiday inflatable decoration lost its first blower in 7 days, 2 days later, the 2nd went out. No exchanges. If you complain you might get a refund for the defective item, but not the 2 matching tops for which you now have no matching leggings! There customer service reps seem to be trained to placate customers, but they really need to get a handle on the quality issues up front and stop shipping out damaged merchandise. I don't know if their vendors are shipping their seconds because there are no exchanges, or if Zulily's buyers are not paying attention to what they order for sale. And it has gone downhill recently. The shipping wait is completely inexcusable.

angelah21
10/15/13

My review is mainly about their customer service. We moved recently and I mistakenly didn't change my address when placing an order and my packages were sent to my old house and subsequently, refused. Zulily customer service changed my address for me and immediately had the packages re-sent to me. Unfortunately, one of the outfits I ordered appeared to have mildew or some other stain on it, so I called customer service. They could not have been more helpful! Not only did I receive a full refund for the outfit (because they showed no others in stock) but I also received a $10.00 credit because it didn't work out. The entire transaction took maybe 5 minutes and I couldn't have been happier. Very please to see good customer service!!

sallik
10/15/13

I do buy a good amount of stuff from Zulily. There are good points and not so good ones. I am usually satisfied with the stuff I buy. I have, however, ordered a couple items and then a few days later have received a notice that I will not get an item. I have also received damaged items. Zulily has always refunded the cost and sometimes also given me a $10 credit. Some of the prices are so low, I just cannot order them. My bigger complaint is the shipping time. It does take a longer than average time to get purchases. You really can't depend on getting your stuff by holidays or birthdays or events like that. If I buy from them, it is usually for stuff I am not in a hurry for.

debir1
10/15/13

This site popped up on my face book and I made a purchase, not unlike some others, I noticed the delivery was not fast, they ship to ups and then ups ships to usps. I received a pair of shoes, (each shoe a different size). There was no return info in the package and when I called I found that I had to pay for return and only get a site credit for my purchase, so I am out at least $10 for shipping and have a credit for a site I do not trust.

paulag5
10/15/13

It's a hit or miss with Zulily, I have bought a 2pc for my niece, the price was great, order a size 12 in kids and got a two pc that will fit my 4yr old, top was so tiny, it was not wearable at all, barely covered anything, had to through it away and I have had some great purchases, with designer sunglasses,clothes for my daughter, I don't buy dresses, because they either run small and dont fit well. havent been succesful with dresses, Sometimes the quality is cheap, bought my daughter 6 swimsuits, two of them, the plastic hooks broke, but I continue to buy, sometimes I buy novelty things that I like to gift to my friends when I see something I like. I think, you have to research product before you buy. Usually they sell close outs. Consumer Beware.

rachelg15
10/15/13

I am very familiar with Zulily and find it unfortunate that so many shoppers had a less than wonderful experience with the website, but after reading several reviews I was compelled to write my own. Zulily is a wonderful site that sells great merchandise at a sharply discounted rate. I believe that there are purchasers who bought garments or other merchandise that was damaged. This, however, is not the fault of Zulily. They are not the manufacturer. They buy product from vendors and have faith that their vendors will provide them with a good product. I also read that the delivery time is incredibly long and Zulily oversells items that aren't in stock. The reason the delivery time is long is because Zulily must first wait for their vendors to ship them the merchandise then they ship from their facility. Zulily has a tight schedule and they expect every vendor to adhere to it, but that doesn't always happen. They also DO NOT oversell items. They sell the exact amount of items a vendor tells them is available. Again, Zulily is trusting the vendors they are working with. No business is perfect but Zulily is a great e-commerce site that gets quality products to consumers at an unbeatable price.

jenh3
10/11/13

The shipping seems to take an unusually long amount of time and two of the four pieces I ordered were terrible quality. After the first washing of one shirt, every single button ripped off. Another shirt had several large tears in the sleeve right out of the package. Boo. If you are going to sell clothes at least make sure they are well made and high quality. I will never order here again.

8 Photos for Zulily