US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyh60

I sent Zulily customer service a polite email, attaching relevant screen shots. (in 276 reviews)

kathyb40

You pay once, then get free shipping for the day (or all weekend if you order on a Friday). (in 1,121 reviews)

shellyl13

The ship date they gave me was 3 weeks after the date I ordered my clothes. (in 87 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

chenellg
12/20/14

Horrible, ordered a hat and scarf on 11/23/14 the scarf came on 12/20/14 but still have yet to receive the hat. Called customer service for them to tell me that the hat is still in the warehouse and there not sure why it hasn't been shipped yet. Will never order from them again!! If I could I would rate it zero stars.

Tip for consumers: Allow at least 2 months for your items to be delivered.

katiew17
12/20/14

Terrible. We ordered on November 20th of this year with guaranteed Christmas delivery. The item still hasn't made it from the supplier to Zuilily. We have not been offered anything to compensate for the guarantee not being met, our one year old nephew doesn't have a Christmas gift and he's located out of state so now we have to fix that, and they don't contact you to tell you any details. You have to contact them. We were told many times over the last month that it was "on its way" and encouraged not to cancel. "Just give us a few more days." Never order from this site.

Tip for consumers: Don't order from them. We still don't know when/if our item will ever ship. A month later!

loup16
12/19/14

Every time I get sucked back in to placing a Zulily order I end up regretting it. EVERY TIME! Items take forever to ship. Frequently they are not how they were described on the site. Most clothing items are TINY and probably junior sizes. I order a few items 2 months ago and still hadn't received them. I called customer service and they said they were "experiencing shortages" of the items and i had the option of canceling. but no one contacted me. I had to call them to find out. So they basically sell items they don't even have inventory of. I once ordered a dress and they sent it to me in the wrong size but i couldn't get it in the correct size cause they don't do returns... even though it was their mess-up!! Zulily, Im done.

Tip for consumers: don't

melaniem13
12/19/14

I had previously ordered items from zulily and received them no problem. I then saw a pair of brand name boots on sale for about $100 off. I ordered them and when they arrived they were a knock off brand!! I was so angry I emailed them and they offered to return them at their cost and gave me a $10 credit. Whoop dee do. They didn't acknowledge the fact that the boots were a totally different brand just that they're sorry I received the "wrong style" I won't buy from them again.

Tip for consumers: Read the fine print!!!

shannonb31
12/19/14

DONT ORDER FROM HERE!!!! Ordered one dress on 11/18/14 and they are now saying won't have it in until tomorrow and then another week. Will not have this gift for Christmas! Websites says 10-14 days but the guy said their terms and conditions list more info which indicates longer time frames...very deceptive!! I didn't even receive delay emails; I had to keep calling. They will not overnight either. They gave lots of explanations about the vendors they work with in China and the reasons the prices are so cheap. In the end, it doesn't matter when you can't get the product.

jolanb
12/18/14

I ordered 4 tops and was quite happy with the results. One top came immediately, the other three came later but not as late as most people say in their review.

Tip for consumers: The sizes are not correct on the chart. I ordered my regular sizing and the tops fit perfect. If I were to order from the sizing chart, the items would have been too big.

maurisal
12/18/14

On Zulily you can find great deals on name brand items as well as good prices on names you have wanted to try but wasn't so sure about or were not available in your area. It is VERY important to read when the particular sale ends for the items you want, some sales can go for 2-3 weeks. It is only after the sale ends that your order is sent to the original supplier/manufacturer for order fulfillment and shipping. Note that some items are not returnable. The problems I have had with Zulily were from my own misunderstanding of procedures. I have been satisfied with all of the name brand items such as shoes, boots, clothes, baby items, household products. I was not impressed with some clothes I purchased during a "blowout" sale. I had never heard of the names, the quality wasn't all that great.
Overall, great website!

Tip for consumers: Stick with brands you know. Give yourself plenty of time to get the item. No rush orders!

lorig8
12/17/14

I placed a large order back in November for Christmas gifts for several kids in my family. Weeks went by with nothing being shipped out. After having to inquire via email, they finally shipped my items but there's a very good chance I won't receive my items in time to wrap and give out on Christmas Eve. A complete waste of money and time, as now I have to go buy last minute gifts to ensure I have something for the kids. So much for thinking I was on the ball by ordering early! I'm an avid online shopper and I've never experienced such a lag in service and lack of concern for the customer. Timeliness and good service mean nothing to this company. I will NEVER order from them again. If you're expecting to receive something within less than a month's time, do not waste your money (actually, I wouldn't trust them at all). They don't accept returns, so I'm out $200. Thanks for adding additional stress to an already stressful week, Zulily! Horrible.

Tip for consumers: Don't order from Zulily if you need your items in a timely manner.

belindac6
12/17/14

It seems that if it will take 3 weeks for an item to be shipped, you should tell me before I order it. Some of the items I ordered before Thanksgiving with an estimated shipping date of 12/13/2014 still have not been shipped. In addition, the site does not have a way to cancel an item (although they did so with a phone call). Sorry, in this age of ihstant gratification, youre business model isn't working any more.

Tip for consumers: Be prepared to wait, and wait, and wait.

sharonb44
12/17/14

I Would give them a zero if it was possible. Ordered a vest never received it got a refund for the vest but they refused to give me a refunpd for the shiping as they said I got free shipping on another item I ordered. What dumb logic. Never ever do business with them!!!

Tip for consumers: Do not do business with tem

poppyn
12/17/14

NEVER AGAIN!!!! Please beware. If you order anything from Zulily, don't expect to receive it any time soon. CS says it takes 2-3 weeks to get the order ready and then another 7-10 days to get it shipped. I should have known better before I ordered a Christmas present which I'll obviously not receive until Mid January 2015.

suna4
12/17/14

I placed several orders with Zulily over the past year. I understand the lag in shipping and I am ok with it. However, twice they sent items which did not meet my size selection. Since the site is insistent on NOT taking returns, I emailed them about the wrong product and that I will not order anymore as they do not take returns. I was not satisfied with the reply I got. They were willing to take back the item I purchased (which was appreciated) but I am supposed to take care of shipping (when they are at fault, why do I need to do that? and I already paid to get this item shipped to me) and they will only issue a store credit. I am holding off on ordering from their site, although I really love many of their items as well as the price. Shopping on their site can get pretty addictive if you are patient enough to wait for your order to be shipped

Tip for consumers: Unless there is a serious defect in your order, they will not take returns. Be prepared in those cases to make a return on your own charges. Keep all the tags, bags,receipts to include with your return. Be prepared to accept store credit.

blakel7
12/16/14

On November 25th I ordered my little girl a strider bike for Christmas. It had been two weeks so I called to see where it was and when it will be here. They told me "it takes about 10-14 business days. Okayyyy so I should have it anyway. So Saturday (December 13th) I call to see what's going on and they tell me it says it's going to be shipped on Monday. Wth I was suppose to have it by then. So today (November 16th) I call again and they told me its been delayed and should be shipped this week. Now I'm furious because we are going out of town for Christmas leaving this Friday and my little girl isn't getting her bike that I ordered THREE weeks ago and still HAS NOT even been SHIPPED. So I canceled my order, went to Amazon and ordered the bike for cheaper and am getting it in two days. Why the heck didn't I do that in the first place. I would not recommend this sight to anyone. You can get the same stuff plus shipped faster and a lot better costumer service on Amazon

Tip for consumers: TERRIBLE!!! Worst shipping and customer service

alisar
12/16/14

I placed my order for two tops on October 30th. As of December 16, have still not received them. Was hoping to wear the outfits at Thanksgiving, now I probably won't be able to wear them for Christmas! I have contacted them twice by email. The one good thing is they respond right away, but the response has always been "The shipping has been delayed. We expect it any day now, thanks for your patience." They gave me a $10 credit toward my next purchase, but there is no way I am going to buy anything from them again.

Tip for consumers: If you have absolutely no worries about when you might get your items, then this maight still be the place for you. If you are trying to purchase something as a gift, or for a specific event, don't bother.

crystalg14
12/15/14

I ordered an item on December 2nd for Christmas. (Should have been PLENTY of time). Its not scheduled to arrive until the 24th...and that's only an estimation!...so I will most likely not get this for Christmas! I wish I had known how they 'worked' before ordering. You wait and wait until they decide its time to ship. Brutal. Not worth the few saved bucks.

Tip for consumers: Don't get anything that you need for a certain time!

loreleis1
12/14/14

NEVER AGAIN. Zulily is a site where you order merchandise and they place the order for that merchandise after their little sale is over. You sit and wait and wait and wait - to save a couple of dollars and Zulily gets to have no left over stock. Great for them - bad for me the customer.
On November 29th, I ordered some gift items. I received an email stating I could order for the next 24 hours and get free shipping. I ordered 3 more gift items. The next day I got an email congratulating me that my order was complete and I did a good job picking stuff to order. Then I got an email telling me how Zulily works. Had I known this up front - I would never have ordered and I will never order again.
It is now 2 weeks and my stuff is not even at Zulily yet. I ordered these items for Chanukah, which starts day after tomorrow. I have no idea if my stuff will reach me by the end of Chanukah or not, because all they care about on the site is Christmas. It will definitely not be here for my party in 2 days.

Tip for consumers: Beware - you wait a minimum of 2 to 3 weeks to get the items you ordered.

stephaniep23
12/13/14

This company does NOT tell a buyer that shipping might be delayed by weeks....even during holiday seasons when we are obviously shopping for gifts. I would Never shop here again....it is unprofessional and discourteous and if I had not checked on the site, I would never have known that my gifts were not going to arrive by Christmas. Run screaming. Use Amazon. Much better and much more professional.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site if you need the product within a couple of weeks.

samanthak7
12/13/14

Placed an order with Zulily for a perfum/lotion package, but only received the perfum. Customer service was very nice and apologetic about it, reimbursed me, and gave me $10 in store credit. Very professional! Also prompt delivery.

dianes48
12/12/14

Extremely poor quality of item. Ordered an XL..which I assumed would be a smaller size but I didn't think it would be extremely small......so small in fact that the sleeves are so little that even a size 8 girl would have trouble fitting in this. Won't bother returning, paying the postage AND the custom charges. Funny thing is, they do not mention anywhere (that I could find) that the products come from China ! I'm not sure why I thought it was an American company. DO NOT purchase here.....buy locally. Good lesson learned.

jenniferb83
12/12/14

Over the last 2 years I have placed 19 orders with Zulilly. In the past I received decent service and reasonable delivery times. However, over the last year the quality has gone downhill. I placed an order on 11/16/14 and still have not received most of the merchandise from that order. As some of the reviews have stated sizing, quality of merchandise and delivery of merchandise can be really slow. When I called to inquire about my order I was told the delay was to be expected due to the holidays.

juliaa8
12/12/14

I also am very unhappy with this site, ordered November 26 and nothing as of December 12, also unable to follow the tracking. Don't think I'll recommend this site to anyone just because the items I ordered were for Christmas.....now what do I tell an eleven and eight year old, Santa's sleeping on the job! I see many were unhappy with the quality of the products. can't wait to see what mess I'm getting. Oh boy, next time I'll shop in store at least I'll have it in my hand and know the quality. And the fact that my card may be used doesn't make me happy this merry season.

nicolem35
12/11/14

Never trust this company. I have tried multiple times to purchase from this company and every time the product that they advertise to sell you, is something different when you get it. Color, description, quality, size, shape is always different. Very frustrating. Customer service is awful and rude. Fraudulent company selling nock offs or defective name brand merchandise.

Latest product was priced on amazon and zappos for $200, zulily was selling for $80. I did my research on the brand, sold at nordstroms and macys. felt comfortable buying it. Boots arrived to my door... size 6 boot with a size 8 tag, color was green/brown not black, leather boot was made out of plastic, wooden heel was rubber. Now what does Zulily think I am going to do with a boot that doesnt fit and completely the wrong description. NOTHING, because they wont let you make a return.

PayPal should not partner up with this company, they are only supporting them.

Stick with Amazon Prime!

Tip for consumers: Trust the reviews

dl49
12/10/14

I did not have a problem at all with my Zulily order. I was skeptical about joining (due to all the bad reviews), but I tried it by ordering a pair of inexpensive boots (ordered Nov. 12, 2014). I had decided that I liked the style so much, I went ahead with my order. They arrived in 2 weeks, which is what I expected. The color was a perfect match to ad photo, and the size was fine. I did not need to call their customer service, so I cannot rate their personnel. So far, so good. I most likely will order in the future, and will most assuredly rate their company again.

Tip for consumers: Use the shoe sizing charts, if available. May not want to order anything too expensive for your first trial with this company (due to all the bad reviews).

cathym33
12/9/14

I have has wonderful luck with zulilly. Never a bad experience. I read their " how we work " section as a lot of these folks obviously did not. They explain about the slow shipping and if you educate yourself and go in knowing it's going to be slow it's not an issue. Also as far as sizing they sell thousands of brands so you cannot say their sizing is small. Some items are Asian sizing and would of course be small but again if you read the item description it tells you this. I have found everything I bought true to size and good quality for the price. If you buy super cheap you get super cheap. Educate yourself, buy wisely and you will get some great stuff.

tammyw16
12/9/14

I love Zulily. I have always found them to be responsive. You do need to check the sizing charts because since they use a variety of vendors the clothes aren't all the same sizing! However recently I ordered a sweatshirt for my husband and it was delivered in the wrong size. I contacted them via email and within an hour a representative called me and we got it worked out. I have been so pleased with Zulily and have ordered many gifts from the website over the last 2 years!

Tip for consumers: The do ship a little more slowly as they generally don't have the items in the warehouse on the day of the order.

stephanief17
12/9/14

I wish there was a way to rate this site lower than 1 star. The short story: I ordered some tank tops on Oct. 30. Today is Dec. 9 and they still haven't shipped. I've contacted customer service regarding this matter several times over the last weeks. Finally, today they said they would cancel my order because of their failure to fulfill it. They promised to credit back my Visa card 'in a few days'. We'll see if I get my money back. I will never deal with these people again!

taniam5
12/8/14

Zulily will never....ever!!! use again. I am still waiting on delivery of 2 orders placed on the 1st and 10th November 2014, 40 days@ 6 weeks and still waiting and thats not the problem.
MY credit card details have been comprised and was used in Chicago and Miami. I live in Australia. Zulily is the only online website I have used with these card details. DO NOT TRUST THEIR WEBSITE.

oliviak1
12/8/14

Awful! Delivered a broken bed and refused to replace or refund.

Tip for consumers: Avoid

allisont11
12/8/14

After waiting 6 weeks for my order, I received two items of the 6 or 7 I ordered and they are AWFUL, poor sizing, materials are cheap and poorly made. Before I ordered I made sure to check the return policy: "If you're disappointed with your order, please contact our Customer Service team. We are never able to accept returns on intimate apparel, shapewear, swimsuits or rashguards, or any personalized items. Unfortunately we are also unable to facilitate exchanges." I didn't order intimates, swimsuits, shareware, rash guards or customized items and yet the person who got back to me said they don't typically accept returns but would make an acceptation for these items, and that they could not guarantee the same for the other items I ordered at the same time but still have not received. IRRITATING!

Tip for consumers: Not worth the discount.

lindak47
12/8/14

I ordered on Nov6/14 and have got 90% today on Dec8th, they suck! I bought 6 pieces of cloths, still haven't got all. The one shirt that was reg. $189 fro $39ish is so thin I have see 10yr old washed Tshirts a 100X thicker. The sizes aren't right the customer service has more stories then a pregnant Nun! Then they give me a $30 credit to my acct. I DON"T want an acct. with them. If you want something quick go the Goodwill the quality is better and so is the service.

Tip for consumers: Don't shop here! Go to Goodwill the quality is probably better.

iana18
12/8/14

I don't like this company. They won't let me on their website without having to join. I can't even browse their product line to see if they are worthy of my personal information. Bad on you Zulily!

Tip for consumers: Don't bother.

marys153
12/8/14

DO NOT Order from Zulily. Their sizing is completely wrong, everything comes tiny and is such POOR QUALITY you won't even want to wear it!!!! And their RETURN POLICY STINKS, too!!!! Not worth your time or money, go elsewhere!!!!

MBS

leeannb3
12/7/14

Do not order ANY clothes, boots or anything to wear from them. The sizes are ridiculous and are not even close to being accurate. If you do order, plan on waiting FOREVER to get your item. Go somewhere else, not worth buying from them.

Tip for consumers: They will not return, exchange or refund. Worse site ever to try to work with.

jans57
12/6/14

Please Report this business to www.bbb.org. Please Do not support this business!! Have you ever looked at the items on Alibaba.com? Did you notice how clothing can be obtained from China for just pennies but shipping takes up to or over a month? I suspect this is what Zulily is up to. I ordered a shirt to wear to Thanksgiving dinner so I placed order on Oct 26, 2014, shipping was supposed to be by November 11. It is now December 6 2014 and site shows it is in transit to zulilly still. Now It wont be here for Christmas either! I knew shipping could be slow but this is ridiculous.

heenaa
12/5/14

I don't like this site, the shipping takes so long and I bought some sandals some months ago, I was so excited but the sandals were made from cheap material and difficult to walk. So, don't buy any unknown brand.

lindsaym25
12/5/14

This site said guarantee delivery by Christmas I ordered my stuff nov 20 it is now dec 5 and still has not left the warehouse. so in other words I wont have it by the time I need it. They didn't offer me any kind of apology or a definite time frame for delivery. It seems the more you purchase the worse the customer service is. I already received all my other packages from all other online retailers even the ones ordered a week later. Not a happy online shopper will not recommend this site for anyone else

Tip for consumers: order months in advance

wonkygirlg
12/4/14

Ordered 3 ornaments. Two arrived damaged/broken. Poorly packaged for shipping !!! Very unhappy about this. Will not order from Zulily again.

daisyp5
12/4/14

When placing my order all on Oct 29, all my items were supposed to ship at the same time. So far I have received 3 out of the 5 items I ordered. It is Dec 4 and my order status for the remainder of the items show in transit. I have called customer service 3 times, the first time I called wondering why I received notification that only one item had shipped, they said it was normal because they were coming from different locations but to let them know if all did not ship by Nov 17. The last two times I get the same answer, that is in transit it will ship in about 3 days. I've still have not received the last 2 items.

Tip for consumers: Do not order from them.

carlaf7
12/3/14

This site is brutally slow to deliver. I have ordered with a few items and it takes months!!! The deals are not that great, you cans find the same item on other sites and get your stuff delivered in half the time. Absolutely not worth the hassle or wait. I also bought clothing items and the sizing was so off ( I am an average 12) that my gf that is a size 5 could not fit them. There was no option to return. A total rip off.

deeg21
12/3/14

BEWARE - what a rip off, ordered two jackets in a large because I wear sweaters under my coats here in Denver. My 12 yr old son could not even wear them they were so small. The puffer jacket stitching was so bad it looked worse than my middle school sewing assignment. Then I was told that I would have to pay to ship back and would get a store credit for the cost of the jackets only. Since I will never order from this crappy place again then no need for store credit. Will drop off jackets at homeless shelter, maybe a small child car wear these.

Tip for consumers: Do not order

anar21
12/2/14

Followed this website for months, until i made the worse decision of trusting them. I bought about $200 dlls of diferent items for me and my family. Well where do I start. Stuff looks very differently and quality of products is extremely cheap. I probably could have found something worth more at the $0.99 cents store. What made me really mad is a pair of shoes i bought for my son. They are made of plastic, the insides are coming apart and to top it off there is glue everywhere. Worse quality ever this pair will not last 3 days. If you want something worth your money, invest a couple dolars more. Do not buy here is not worth the wait (which is from 6 weeks or more).

pamelar18
11/30/14

Horrible. .DON'T order anything from this site. I order a few things from this site. They have taken my money, but I have not received the merchandise. It have been over 6 weeks. HORRIBLE business practices.
Don't other anything.

sc1616
11/26/14

I have mixed feelings about Zulily. If you know what brand you are buying, you can get some ok deals, but never buy clothes that aren't a brand name. They are Asian sizes maybe? At any rate, they are very, very small and poor quality. I have bought several items of clothes, a sweater, skirt, and dress, and I even purchased up a size, and they were still way too small, not even close. The shipping takes forever, so don't be in a hurry to get anything.

hayleyl5
11/26/14

I was a first (and last) time Zulily customer. Order takes a long time to ship and the quality of the clothing is horrible. Everything I ordered was see-through and to top it all off I ordered a cardigan that on the website photo had long sleeves, it actually has short sleeves.
VERY disappointed. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON ZULILY!! TERRIBLE QUALITY! NOTHING LOOKES LIKE IT DOES IN THE PHOTOS!

andyh3
11/25/14

I've gotten some good deals, but I've also gotten some items damaged in terrible packaging (glasses out of their cases and bouncing around a big box with other heavy items), items that were substantially different than the descriptions (shirts by other than the described makers, one with weird clasps going down the arms that you couldn't see in the picture or description), and a whole lot of items that they've suddenly not had and cancelled. Complaints never responded to by Zulily. I'm not going to waste my time/money on them anymore.

allaf
11/25/14

I used to love this site until my last order. Stuff comes in defected and customer service refuses to return or exchange it. will never shop with them again

ghadae

i like zulily.com
very good materials
the price lokes high but better than any web sit sell the same itme
and you can finde low price
l bought dresse was 5.99$ to baby 12 m and l love it
i made 3 orders and i will make more
what i dont love on it dont care about boys
they care about girls more

Tip for consumers: you must keeb you'r eye on it

doonad
11/24/14

Stuff appears to be interesting and well priced. Everything I ordered is poor quality and they are Hong Kong plus size. They are a broker for poor quality Chinese fashions. not plus sized at all. Feel decieved
Will not use again and will warn others

crissyo
11/24/14

I ordered watches for my nieces for Christmas and boy am I glad I did it early. I didnt know I was going to wait a month for them to ship.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you have plenty of time before you plan on getting a gift from this site. You never know if it will take a few days or a month to receive anything.

jillc13
11/23/14

I ordered Digger the Dog child rocker for a baby shower. It has a hole, fabric missing, on the head. I emailed Zulily with a photo of the flaw and they said they would contact the manufacturer and have another shipped. Two weeks later after several emails and phone calls, they are still waiting for a response from the manufacturer. I will NEVER order from this company again.

80 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I have a pair of Tom shoes for my granddougther, they are a little small, any way to change?
8/27/13
Answer
jonv14
A: If you bought them from Zulily, you might see about making your granddaughters feet smaller. I'm sure that's easier than dealing with Zulily.
5/7/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: I ordered a pair of boots from Zulily that were advertised as having a leather upper. Later, after looking these boots up elsewhere on the Internet, I learned they are actually manmade. I can't wear manmade shoes, and certainly not manmade boots. The boots have just been shipped. Is there any way I can get Zulily to take them back based on their erroneous advertising?
11/30/14
Answer
darquisev
A: If their advertisement was erroneous, evidently, Zulily should reimburse you immediately. Email their Customer Service & they will reply for sure. I encountered 2 or 3 times similar "incidents" and I was always reimbursed. Just tell it as it is, and you should be fine...
D.V.