US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

markp52

I got a package that put my company visible display up on over 200 business listing sites. (in 15 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

isaiahc10
3/28/15

I absolutely love the folks at Yext! They allowed my business to be featured on so many fabulous websites! They are a wonderful group of people to work with!

louisg20
3/19/15

Elizabeth k was very informative, and had a great demeanor in helping me out today thank you Louis.

wendyd17
3/17/15

We need a class action lawsuit. My small business website has been hijacked by YEXT. All of my information was and is correct. What is wrong is that it has been listed onto other websites. On one website which is on the first page of Google search when I put in my business name allows reviews. I had (have) a stalker with whom I never had any business dealings write a scandalous and hate filled review with one star. The only review for this site so when it is searched you see an average of only 1/5 stars. This has hurt my little business tremendously. I cannot delete it or even respond to the review unless I sign up and pay them.

Tip for consumers: Get a lawyer if you can afford one.

jonathans50
3/15/15

I'm excited to see what happens next, however I'm optimistic from what I've observed so far. The team is very professional at Yext and they are fast and informative, which I like.

charlesg48
3/14/15

I spoke to Felecia today, on some problems I made on my site, that I created. She did an outstanding job in helping me. She was very professional and extremely knowledgeable about her job. She was able to fix the problems and also helped me in some training and how to look things up.

* Felecia is an Outstanding Employee.

Thanking You;
Charlie Guenther
Gaming Detection & Investigative Services

garyb92
3/7/15

We now have two businesses on Yext.

Speed: The listings start going live immediately after you pay, and it takes a few days for your information to populate throughout the networked directories and sites.

SEO: We were able to measure a quick SEO boost from the 20% of the links that have SEO value (not all 50 links have SEO value).

50 Extra Websites Where they Can Do Some Good: But the greatest value is having a very strong appearance in searches where you might otherwise have not been outstanding or not visible at all. Despite fairly strong websites and SEO presence for both of our first two test businesses, we're finding that the Yext network sites might see as many as 200 related searches per month for our little, local, rural test businesses. It's easy to make an argument, that if actively searching customers are in those directories, we want to have an impressive presence. Yext has lived up to all their promises and answered direct questions directly.

Not Extortion: I read a number of other reviews that accuse Yext of extortion for offering a paid service to correct incorrect data on their "Partner Sites." This is incorrect, because Yext does not own the "partner sites." It's not extortion to get paid to fix a third party's mistake. Partner sites only means that Yext has an agreement with that site to allow Yext to insert very informative directory listings and to suppress information that Yext customers declare to be wrong.Yext provides a free service to help you see if important directory listings are missing or incorrect. Then business owners have a choice. Create a profile with each of those websites, manually, one at a time (because they are all separate businesses), or pay for a Yext account to upgrade and correct all of those listings at once.

Tip for consumers: Don't order it with the expectation of updating listings and then cancelling it. Yext works by inserting their frames over the directory's normal display. Yext serves all the new, correct, and enhanced information off their own servers. The majority of updates and all the enhanced information will be lost when / if you cancel the subscription. Think of Yext as a hosting provider that can get your website in 50+ important places to give you a competitive advantage.

stephenc45
3/6/15

The girl on the phone was very helpful and informative. It took awhile to get her on the phone though! My number one problem that i called about didn't get resolved. A work ticket went in so lets see what happens.

joseo14
3/2/15

For once a company who lives up to their claims. Everytime I have spoken to the customer service department I have spoke to someone who really wants to help me, They are not miracle workers but deliver what they promise to deliver. This is one company that is a pleasure to do business with.

seos6
12/21/14

After working with a client's YEXT account, I became a Certified Yext Partner and now offer it as a new service to my clients. I tried it out for my own site first. It has greatly increased my exposure across respected local business directories and apps that are searched by over 220 million people per month who spend $11 Trillion per year.

It is all about the exposure to potential customers searching for products and services that are local to them. They will search locally online first before they walk in the front door to do business with you. Yext is a great asset for businesses wanting expand their reach, elevate search rankings and increase brand recognition.

paulr99
12/20/14

Ariel, Camille (and the rest of the crew at Yext) were amazingly easy to work with! I am very pleased with the results so far. I can't wait to see what our sales look like after working with them for a year!

thomasv12
12/20/14

yext may be helpful but business practices not the usual have an auto renewal in policy like many on line scams charged my credit card without contacting me like they said they would i have a right to choose to renewal rather than to it be forced on me and a partial refund is not acceptable likely not to trust them in the future

Tip for consumers: watch for auto renewal policy

geoffm7
12/14/14

Product is very simple and straight-forward to use, yet the results are fantastic and impressive. Huge time saver and content aggregator - definitely recommended!

patricial20
12/14/14

Cassi, encouraged me to look at and shared the services that I have received from Yext; but when I said I was choosing to cancel at this time she was very helpful in canceling my membership with a prorate to my account...and an adjustment on the charge at my bank. She was very professional and... if and when I decide to come back to YEXT she will be the reason. Her customer service approach was very satisfactory. Make sure she gets this feedback. Patricia Leonard

helenw35
12/13/14

GREAT

dennisb64
12/8/14

Great experience with Ruth, the trainer and I am looking forward to following the analytics to see how participation in Yext helps increase sales. From the start it looks like a great buy for the money, given how may search apps one has access to, and filling in the questions to make the ads are incredibly easy.

anthonyh45
12/7/14

Jenna and Kelly were amazing, they were personable, fast, and effective, rarely am I taken back by service, but in this case Yext surprised me.

lucye3
11/27/14

Caroline, job well-done am impressed

robs43
11/24/14

Emilio was excellent. He helped me understand the service in a very easy way and to be very excited about the decision I made to join Yext.

richardm92
11/14/14

customer service and support is very good. may go back to them in the future

wayner19
11/11/14

My listings are NOT very robust and to date there has NOT been much adtl website traffic.

bobs136
11/10/14

Love it so far

stanleyk14

franka34
11/9/14

I have had the pleasure to speak to Lauren , the whole time was great great . I hope I get a chance toget her again . Thanks

lorrainel3
11/9/14

Ruth was VERY helpful in explaining Yext features and answering my questions.

I'm so excited to see how Yext helps enhance my business' exposure.

marcw19

great company very helpful

yaneere
11/9/14

Ever since I got yext , when I search my company ne it actually shows up :-)

kevinc77

made another problem

kimk26
11/9/14

Very pleased with Kim...she fixed all my problems and found a few I did not know about...she was GREAT!!!!

sidc5

I was told for 3 months by YEXT that my web site could not be seen on Yahoo

Today it is still not seen on Yahoo in the state of NH

eds126
11/9/14

I did not notice any impact to increasing client contacts.

gavint3

It was okay

jasonl58
11/9/14

Customer Support Very Helpful...

carolynk4
11/8/14

Very responsive and solution-oriented company.

seths27
11/7/14

I requested help late in the evening and in the morning it was fixed.
Thanks a Bunch!

randyh26
11/6/14

Emailed instructions were easy to follow

samuelm46
11/6/14

My experience with Yext was very professional and on the money with answers
and questions if I did not understand any of what was being transmitted on line.
I also know if there is something I did not understand, I can always call and
get the right answers. I give it 5 stars, Thank You

sarahr51

good job guys

edb23
11/3/14

I have not received much traffic from Yext regarding referrals. So, I have little experience on rating at this time. Need to be more effective!

christianp20

Great! Exposure!

marioa10
11/3/14

very helpful and freindly tanks. guys

kawaljitb
11/3/14

don't want you guys anymore

jasonh72
10/4/14

Total waste of time and money. Take 10 minutes and do what they offer for yourself.

daniels107
9/30/14

Yext is a waste of money, & time. They don't help when you have a problem. & 90% of the websites they put you on, nobody has even heard of, & the popular ones, you can easily manage yourself. If you have your credit card information on file, they try to automatically renew your subscription without prior consent. I had to block them from my email list, because of their constant harassment to renew a service that they never performed in the first place. Is there a zero stars option?

paulf46
9/22/14

Horrible Company claims to give you free advertise but only to mislead you into a paid package. Very Deceiving. What a loser company!!!!

janael
9/16/14

We actually have not contracted with Yext, but I have looked into them because we constantly get emails stating that our business listing is incorrect on many sites. This was a red flag, because I go to the sites and find that everything is fine. I was also concerned that the Yext staff evidently can't do math. On their top package, the weekly rate comes out to less yearly than what they charge for a year of that plan. When their site shows us "everywhere" we are listed, "incorrectly, not at all, or are missing information on", they also show us as not having a Facebook page. They really need to do their homework before they just keep trying to scam people like this. We have a Facebook page, and our listings are correct on almost every SEO related site.

jimr48
8/27/14

I am still trying to find out why I went with this company. It is almost impossible to get any assistance from them. I am looking for a way to contact someone for a problem I am experiencing. Not a good way to spend your advertising money.

Tip for consumers: Save your money.

randyb32
8/26/14

Yext is such a rip off. Several weeks after paying them they dtill had not update the search engine sites. I have been going to each one myself and updating them. I don't know why YEXT isn't shut down for not following though.

Tip for consumers: Do not sing up. go to each search engine and update your own information;

duanes12
8/6/14

As quoted by a 'Yext Rep', in a previous response in one of the reviews below here on SJ "... as the business owner is always free to go to each local search site and make updates directly."
This is Not True as with every website that is involved with Yext to correct your business listing, you are directed to a Yext signup that costs a bit of much. For those sites there is no way to update your information directly without going through a Yext fee. This is a bit disconcerting as you have to pay to update your business to correct your current information, which to me is a bit of a ransom. As well this misleads the public looking for correct information on businesses.

Update 13MAR2014: Response to Yext Rep > Yes Yext Rep made a number of points that is already in the know with the public with what and who Yext is. What is of concern is this comment (similar to same from other Yext Rep's) in the Yext Rep post, "as the business owner is always free to go to each local search site and make updates directly" .... This is Entirely Not True as there are search sites that have no other option BUT to go through Yext.

lauried6
8/1/14

Yext is the Best!! My business has really improved since i signed up with yext. Thank you Keep adding new sites i love it. Gary & Laurie

patrickc37
7/25/14

Dear Sirs,

Even though YEXT has had my correct information for over a year they have failed to deliver the correct information to any site.
I understand if I agree to their Strong-Arm tactic of the upsale for "enhanced" listings they will charge me in perpetuity hundreds of dollars a year, however since I just which to correct the miss-information and not purchase the "enhanced" listing PLEASE correct the listing for the below company.

Superior Service of Broken Arrow Inc.
836 N 1st Street
Broken Arrow OK 74012
918-357-2248

HVAC Contractor
OK82223

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Yext staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I was thinking of using this service for two web sites I have. Being a service provider myself I understand that some will always be unhappy. But there seems to be a common thread in these complaint reviews. Like the old saying , where there is smoke most likely there is a fire. Yext needs to change their business model and make it more user friendly.
2/3/15
yextp2
A: Hi Bruce!

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. I know there are a lot of mixed reviews about us and I totally understand wanting to make an informed decision. I'm not certain about what common thread you are referring to, though. Could you maybe be more specific so I can help? I'd be happy to have an open discussing and discuss any specific concerns you may have! We can either continue the discourse here or you can contact our Support Team at (888) 921-8247 Monday - Friday from 9-5 ET.

Thanks,
Supervisor of Client Support - Yext
2/4/15
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Yext staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

6 Photos for Yext