US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

markp52

They manage business listings on all the major business listing forums in the US. (in 5 reviews)

kimg29

Even though she was sick, her customer service was amazing! (in 5 reviews)

emilyl31

She went out of her way to help me, not only answering my questions, but providing me with great information. (in 16 reviews)

People interested in Yext are also interested in:

▼ Sort by: recent

mjs4
7/25/15

Yext is altering your information without your permission !! Sound the alarm business owners!! Yext is in cahoots with "Partner Companies" check this out...The other day I received an email message from Yext marketing telling that there were errors on my business listings. I have received this email before from Yext and told them "I do not want their service." So this time I decided to check a couple of our critical business listings to see what might be incorrect if it was true and found the address pin to our business listing in Yelp (a Yext partner), was just moved out of our headquarters city. I called Yelp to see what the heck was going on and they told me Yext had made the address change to our listing. I was "Blown Away" and I asked Yelp what gave Yext (their partner) the right to alter my business location. The only reply from Yelp was we can put down on your file that you are not working with Yext and not to let them alter you business information again! Can you believe it ?? We have never worked with Yext or given them permission to alter our listings! They change your info with no right and then try to extort money from you to correct it! and all the while Yelp their partner offers no apology for letting them manipulate your information. Please contact me if this has happened to you I think this is widespread and needs a class action review immediately to catch this reprehensible behavior. I also looked at the click through rate in Yelp while our address pin was moved and see they probably cost us 3000 to 7000. dollars in business for not showing up in local Yelp searches for our service. These are damages to us if you ask me, and I think there may be thousands of companies who have had the same scam played on them by Yext and their "partners" I would not be surprised to find out that Yelp.com own Yext.com or something like that because Yelp had no apologies for letting another company change our business address which made us fall out of regional searches. Please contact me if this happened to you and lets bring this to the attention of the authorities fast!

heidiw11
7/24/15

Total waste of money. They did not list us as promised and refused to be accountable when it was brought to there attention. Steer clear and list your self, because they sure as heck do not!

vickik9
6/23/15

Yext has been able to clean up all my previous listings, I now show up everywhere and I get to post a monthly special, at no extra charge! Thanks Yext for making it so easy. Great team and team work too!

emilyl31
5/14/15

Felicia was awesome! She went out of her way to help me, not only answering my questions, but providing me with great information. I am EXTREMELY happy that I am using Yext - and also loving the results!

halb16
5/11/15

G was personable, warm and highly informative.

gregb50
5/4/15

I have spent a lot of money trying to move to the top in clicks, and I have been taken advantage a number of times, with no follow up and lack of caring.

With YEXT, I get support calls, great advice, emails showing my Power Listing, and estimates and orders, which I desperately need.

So, I recommend YEXT as the first thing you must do, and watch your business grow.

Greg Barber
Eco Friendly Printer
973 224 1132
Greg Barber Company

ronh50
4/20/15

I want to thank Karina and Rico for being very professional and letting me know that my business wasn't a great fit for their service since Yext emphasizes local clients within 30 miles. My business relies upon client hundreds even thousands of miles away. They offered me a refund which I accepted and were very courteous. I like this integrity and honesty and appreciate how Yext handled my situation.

kimg29
4/19/15

Felecia was AWESOME with helping me get address fixed and then showing me through the site on things we can do to improve our website and connections to the media.

Even though she was sick, her customer service was amazing! Thanks to her we are a little better off today then we were in months!!

rezas1
4/19/15

I am very happy with their customer support! they are positive and veryyy helpful! spoke to Felecia D. and she helped me more than my expectation. Thanks!!

kellyl53
4/18/15

Called to check on my service, and it was perfect timing because I had a couple of questions and things I needed help with anyway. My account manager quickly and easily answered my questions and turned me over to IT support who just as easily fixed another issue I had with my website. I have been extremely impressed with EVERY aspect of Yext from the product itself to the people who represent it. :) You all do an AMAZING job and I am BEYOND THRILLED with your service!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you. . .from the bottom of my heart!!! We have received numerous compliments on our increased social media presence (COMPLETELY due to YOU!!), and. . . .you have made my life SO much easier!!! Thank you!!! :) Keep up the GREAT work!!! :)

michellem84
4/17/15

I called Yext support needing help to download an eflyer. April wemt above and beyond to help us!!!

williami37
4/16/15

When I signed with Yext I was kind of skeptic. It appeared they updated all of our listings for no time ( a work I was trying to do my self with not much of success ). Their client portal is very friendly and takes little bit of time to learn how to manage it, but after that it becomes a very good tool. I highly recommend them.

tomh112
4/11/15

We have received excellent technical support from Yext, especially today by Elizabeth K.. She was extraordinatily knowledgeable, helpful, empathetic and encouraging in helping with some extremely technical issues. Our expectations were clearly exceeded.
www.twinoaksfarmweddings.com

lorrim2
4/5/15

My login wasn't working. She in an organized fashion got me all situated. She was very organized!

wendyk4
4/5/15

I have been on board with Yext from the time the sales rep called. If you want a strong Internet presence and you want to be found on directories, but don't have the time or human resources to devote to updating and posting, Yext is for you!

bonnied16
4/2/15

Miss Caroline was excellent she made me relax and enjoy the process. Great service. Thank you you Miss C.!!!!

tricial5
3/31/15

April L. was my customer support rep…she was wonderful! she guided me through the process with lots of patience and understanding! She also spent quite a while with me…which was very much appreciated!!!

isaiahc10
3/28/15

I absolutely love the folks at Yext! They allowed my business to be featured on so many fabulous websites! They are a wonderful group of people to work with!

louisg20
3/19/15

Elizabeth k was very informative, and had a great demeanor in helping me out today thank you Louis.

jonathans50
3/15/15

I'm excited to see what happens next, however I'm optimistic from what I've observed so far. The team is very professional at Yext and they are fast and informative, which I like.

charlesg48
3/14/15

I spoke to Felecia today, on some problems I made on my site, that I created. She did an outstanding job in helping me. She was very professional and extremely knowledgeable about her job. She was able to fix the problems and also helped me in some training and how to look things up.

* Felecia is an Outstanding Employee.

Thanking You;
Charlie Guenther
Gaming Detection & Investigative Services

garyb92
3/7/15

We now have two businesses on Yext.

Speed: The listings start going live immediately after you pay, and it takes a few days for your information to populate throughout the networked directories and sites.

SEO: We were able to measure a quick SEO boost from the 20% of the links that have SEO value (not all 50 links have SEO value).

50 Extra Websites Where they Can Do Some Good: But the greatest value is having a very strong appearance in searches where you might otherwise have not been outstanding or not visible at all. Despite fairly strong websites and SEO presence for both of our first two test businesses, we're finding that the Yext network sites might see as many as 200 related searches per month for our little, local, rural test businesses. It's easy to make an argument, that if actively searching customers are in those directories, we want to have an impressive presence. Yext has lived up to all their promises and answered direct questions directly.

Not Extortion: I read a number of other reviews that accuse Yext of extortion for offering a paid service to correct incorrect data on their "Partner Sites." This is incorrect, because Yext does not own the "partner sites." It's not extortion to get paid to fix a third party's mistake. Partner sites only means that Yext has an agreement with that site to allow Yext to insert very informative directory listings and to suppress information that Yext customers declare to be wrong.Yext provides a free service to help you see if important directory listings are missing or incorrect. Then business owners have a choice. Create a profile with each of those websites, manually, one at a time (because they are all separate businesses), or pay for a Yext account to upgrade and correct all of those listings at once.

Tip for consumers: Don't order it with the expectation of updating listings and then cancelling it. Yext works by inserting their frames over the directory's normal display. Yext serves all the new, correct, and enhanced information off their own servers. The majority of updates and all the enhanced information will be lost when / if you cancel the subscription. Think of Yext as a hosting provider that can get your website in 50+ important places to give you a competitive advantage.

stephenc45
3/6/15

The girl on the phone was very helpful and informative. It took awhile to get her on the phone though! My number one problem that i called about didn't get resolved. A work ticket went in so lets see what happens.

joseo14
3/2/15

For once a company who lives up to their claims. Everytime I have spoken to the customer service department I have spoke to someone who really wants to help me, They are not miracle workers but deliver what they promise to deliver. This is one company that is a pleasure to do business with.

seos6
12/21/14

After working with a client's YEXT account, I became a Certified Yext Partner and now offer it as a new service to my clients. I tried it out for my own site first. It has greatly increased my exposure across respected local business directories and apps that are searched by over 220 million people per month who spend $11 Trillion per year.

It is all about the exposure to potential customers searching for products and services that are local to them. They will search locally online first before they walk in the front door to do business with you. Yext is a great asset for businesses wanting expand their reach, elevate search rankings and increase brand recognition.

paulr99
12/20/14

Ariel, Camille (and the rest of the crew at Yext) were amazingly easy to work with! I am very pleased with the results so far. I can't wait to see what our sales look like after working with them for a year!

thomasv12
12/20/14

yext may be helpful but business practices not the usual have an auto renewal in policy like many on line scams charged my credit card without contacting me like they said they would i have a right to choose to renewal rather than to it be forced on me and a partial refund is not acceptable likely not to trust them in the future

Tip for consumers: watch for auto renewal policy

geoffm7
12/14/14

Product is very simple and straight-forward to use, yet the results are fantastic and impressive. Huge time saver and content aggregator - definitely recommended!

patricial20
12/14/14

Cassi, encouraged me to look at and shared the services that I have received from Yext; but when I said I was choosing to cancel at this time she was very helpful in canceling my membership with a prorate to my account...and an adjustment on the charge at my bank. She was very professional and... if and when I decide to come back to YEXT she will be the reason. Her customer service approach was very satisfactory. Make sure she gets this feedback. Patricia Leonard

helenw35
12/13/14

GREAT

dennisb64
12/8/14

Great experience with Ruth, the trainer and I am looking forward to following the analytics to see how participation in Yext helps increase sales. From the start it looks like a great buy for the money, given how may search apps one has access to, and filling in the questions to make the ads are incredibly easy.

anthonyh45
12/7/14

Jenna and Kelly were amazing, they were personable, fast, and effective, rarely am I taken back by service, but in this case Yext surprised me.

lucye3
11/27/14

Caroline, job well-done am impressed

robs43
11/24/14

Emilio was excellent. He helped me understand the service in a very easy way and to be very excited about the decision I made to join Yext.

richardm92
11/14/14

customer service and support is very good. may go back to them in the future

wayner19
11/11/14

My listings are NOT very robust and to date there has NOT been much adtl website traffic.

bobs136
11/10/14

Love it so far

stanleyk14

franka34
11/9/14

I have had the pleasure to speak to Lauren , the whole time was great great . I hope I get a chance toget her again . Thanks

lorrainel3
11/9/14

Ruth was VERY helpful in explaining Yext features and answering my questions.

I'm so excited to see how Yext helps enhance my business' exposure.

marcw19

great company very helpful

yaneere
11/9/14

Ever since I got yext , when I search my company ne it actually shows up :-)

kevinc77

made another problem

kimk26
11/9/14

Very pleased with Kim...she fixed all my problems and found a few I did not know about...she was GREAT!!!!

sidc5

I was told for 3 months by YEXT that my web site could not be seen on Yahoo

Today it is still not seen on Yahoo in the state of NH

eds126
11/9/14

I did not notice any impact to increasing client contacts.

gavint3

It was okay

jasonl58
11/9/14

Customer Support Very Helpful...

carolynk4
11/8/14

Very responsive and solution-oriented company.

seths27
11/7/14

I requested help late in the evening and in the morning it was fixed.
Thanks a Bunch!

6 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Yext staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I was thinking of using this service for two web sites I have. Being a service provider myself I understand that some will always be unhappy. But there seems to be a common thread in these complaint reviews. Like the old saying , where there is smoke most likely there is a fire. Yext needs to change their business model and make it more user friendly.
2/3/15
Answer
garyb92
A: We have two people working within Yext, and it is sufficiently user friendly. The level of pre-arranged support and tutorials is very high. People can get started with it without one tutorial - just fill in the blanks. Some people don't like working with computers and websites in general. For these people, there are a number of certified Yext partners who can be hired to manage Yext for you.
4 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: what does yext do?
6/8/15
Answer
yextp2
A: Good question! Yext is a subscription-based service that allows businesses to manage their business listings on over 50 different local search sites. Updates to these sites are instant and the listings are locked to protect from outside edits, keeping your information safe and in your control. We want to make sure that you can get consistent and enhanced information about your business onto all of these sites and manage it easily. This will help potential customers find you, make sure they are getting really nice and detailed information about your business, and allows you to have complete control over your digital presence.

There are a lot of other bells and whistles included in the service that I'd be happy to go into further detail about or you could check out our website, www.yext.com, or call (888) 444-2988. Hope that helps you get a better understanding of what Yext is all about =)
6/9/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Yext staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

6 Photos for Yext